Nerfing Sage healers is NOT a solution

Shizuha

Nerfing Sage healers is not a solution. I find sages' skills just good and enough for doing what I need to do as my class right now, any less would not be enough anymore. Making them any worse or weaker would only make things worse. If you want to balance the difference between the different healer classes and their abilities and power in healing, make the others better: better heals and better abilities. There is no reason to make sages worse. Many instances are already hard enough now and the available gear barely keeps up. I'm sure you have heard about this from other players too.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where did you see anything about a nerf?

The only thing I saw was were they were fixing a bug that was allowing us to get the benefit of clairvoyance on 2 different castings. It should only work on one.

Thats clearly a bug fix and not a nerf, even if it lowers our healing output. It needed to be done. So I'm not sure what the OP is talking about.

How about putting them inline with every other class by giving them a pacing mechanic that actually requires some consideration during combat? The one class that doesn't ahve to worry about when to use what or how quickly they're regening force. It's the most simplistic and least strategic of all the cool unique pacing mechanics this game has.

I think they are fine. They are a force healer so it makes sense more than the trooper healer.

I guess it depends on how you look at it. To me, if a character has perverted the force to the point where they can manifest it as such a huge electric potential as to jump through the atmosphere and burn its target's flesh, I'm surprised that they can also turn around and make my feel bads go away.

On the other hand, the military relies heavily on soldiers who are trained in combat and field medicine.

How about putting them inline with every other class by giving them a pacing mechanic that actually requires some consideration during combat? The one class that doesn't ahve to worry about when to use what or how quickly they're regening force. It's the most simplistic and least strategic of all the cool unique pacing mechanics this game has.

I'm not sure where you get they don't have to worry aout when to use what or how quickly they are regening force?

First off they rely on crit, to use there noble sacrifice without penalty, then having to keep up on the cooldown (which is on the GCD) to get the force back, means not only am I watching health bars, buffs/debuffs on every other character (as well the the field of battle), that i also have to keep track of if another buff pops (with a limited time on it), and then use a GCD to get that force back...Oh and it only works off one heal, which is a channeled spell so you must be uninterrupted and then crit off of one of the ticks of the channel....so hmm...

I'd suggest rolling a sage/sorc first lvl to 50 and get some gear, then come back and make statements. Making a statement with no actual knowledge of the playstyle nor what happens, detracts any crediblity to statements and for lack of a better term makes you a Troll... If you have a sage/sorc rolled and maxed out then I detract my statement, and explain in better detail why you believe they do not have to worry about what to use hwne or how quickly they are regaining force...

Edited by Alilynn

Where did you see anything about a nerf?

Taken from the 2/17 Q&A:

Finally, the perception of a specific class being not desirable can also be affected by the desirability of other classes. For example, Sage/Inquisitor healers are currently able to exceed our intended healing performance at times by affecting multiple heals with the same Conveyance/Force Bending buff. Game Update 1.2 will remove the ability to do so.

I think they are fine. They are a force healer so it makes sense more than the trooper healer.

That's the problem with the starwars franchise:

It's ALL about Sith/Jedi being allmighty and such.

Bioware will sooner (rather than later) run into conflict with the storyline aspect of this game vs. the MMO aspect of this game (everyone should be equally powerful after all)...

You cannot keep both going - at least not within the starwars franchise.

That's a bug fix.

And for what reason is it, that a bugfix cannot be considered a nerf?

Edited by stupidhero

Taken from the 2/17 Q&A:

That isn't a nerf. That is a bug fix. There is a very big, and very overlooked, difference

Nerf: Reducing the output of an intentional design (ability in this case) that was performing too well.

Bug Fix: Correcting a design (again, ability in this case) to function as intended.

Here is a relevant example

Nerf: Reducing the benefits of conveyance.

• Healing Trance: Critical chance has been reduced to 15%, down from 25%.
  • Deleverance: Cast time is reduced by .5 seconds instead of 1 second.
  • Benevolence: Now reduces cost of Benevolence by 25% instead of 50%.
  • Salvation: Force cost reduced by 15% instead of 30%.

Bug fix: Fixing Conveyance to only be allowed to enhance one ability, as intended and mentioned in the tooltip.

IE: Healing Trance consumes Conveyance when the ability begins channeling instead of when the cast is completed.

Conveyance tooltip for reference:

Rejuvenate has a 100% chance to grant Conveyance, which increases the effect of your next healing ability.

Bolded the key word. Also note the singular in ability.

I'm not sure where you get they don't have to worry aout when to use what or how quickly they are regening force?

First off they rely on crit, to use there noble sacrifice without penalty, then having to keep up on the cooldown (which is on the GCD) to get the force back, means not only am I watching health bars, buffs/debuffs on every other character (as well the the field of battle), that i also have to keep track of if another buff pops (with a limited time on it), and then use a GCD to get that force back...Oh and it only works off one heal, which is a channeled spell so you must be uninterrupted and then crit off of one of the ticks of the channel....so hmm...

I'd suggest rolling a sage/sorc first lvl to 50 and get some gear, then come back and make statements. Making a statement with no actual knowledge of the playstyle nor what happens, detracts any crediblity to statements and for lack of a better term makes you a Troll... If you have a sage/sorc rolled and maxed out then I detract my statement, and explain in better detail why you believe they do not have to worry about what to use hwne or how quickly they are regaining force...

Maybe he plays an Operative/Scoundrel healer who has to do 4 times the work to get half the results a Sage/Sorc healer does. I dunno, maybe.

I agree they need to tweak other healers, especially AoE heals.

But the bubble being a baseline ability is pretty dumb. It's way too powerful a mitigation tactic.

The bubble is there mostly to buy the healer a little more time, often it's not even so much.

The bubble is there mostly to buy the healer a little more time, often it's not even so much.

Bubble's the biggest, quickest, most force-efficient "heal" a Sage has. Bubble saves more lives than any other ability. We should probably only be allowed to have one bubble active at a time. But I'm not complaining.

Thank you for correcting me about the bug fix. You're right, it should be fixed because the skill says that the HoT should only affect to one next heal, not two. Now I just hope they won't truly 'nerf' sage healers at any point. Good things they could do for the other healer classes would be ie giving them better aoes, or an aoe altogether, and a way to gain more 'force power', or what ever it is that is used for the same purpose for other healers, also possibly gain it without losing health..

Also, as I said, I find sage skills just fine right now. Many situations and instances etc are still very challenging, if even possible sometimes. The game should balance how and when and where you can get armor.. Now it's like, you can barely do hard modes unless you have gear from raids. It's kinda contradictory.

Usually, in other mmos, there are so called main healers and support healer classes. But because in this game the group size is only 4, it's so often showed that a group needs to consist of one healer, one tank and two dps characters. Otherwise there will be trouble handling many instances and boss fights. That is why other healing classes should be balanced to the same lvl with sages. If it wasn't for this, I would say that it's fine to have main healers and and not as effective support healers.

We should probably only be allowed to have one bubble active at a time. But I'm not complaining.

Umm, I can't cast a bubble on a person who's gotten one from another sage already. Or do yo mean other similar skills from other classes?

Umm, I can't cast a bubble on a person who's gotten one from another sage already. Or do yo mean other similar skills from other classes?

No, I mean having bubble up on me and everyone else in my vicinity all at the same time.

Ah okay. Well, I think because sages are mainly single target healers, that the bubble is often a savior in situations when others than the tank are getting damage. Cast the bubble on them and maybe a HoT, and continue healing the one that takes the most damage. This saves a little time and often lives too. Also, it takes a couple seconds before you can cast it or any other next spell again. I understand what you're saying, but I still personally don't think that the bubble is an "OP" skill.

wut?

no sure if serious but you realize that sorcs/sages outperform every other healer in the oae healing department by ~400%more aoe healing output right?

no, they aren't single target healers, they are single target healers armed with an aoe healing cannon.

The bubble is an ability that is just right for the use of keeping a gunslinger or other dps alive in an aoe environment... not a "heal" its not even a speedbump for a maintank situation.... and at lvl 38 i have yet to find a single Aoe heal.... tho i do see one possibly useful aoe at the top of my skill tree... Edited by Wookieluva

The Sorcerer healer in my Guild pointed out something that I think should also be taken into consideration about Sorcerer healers. Many of the encounters make it easy for the entire raid to group up, and stand in one location long enough to take full advantage of AOE healing. Getting full use and duration out of a strong AOE heal will make them feel/appear to be OP and of course the result is for people to cry Nerf.

Secondly, they are adjusting the healing effect - as well as the number of players that AoE healing for the other classes will effect - that has potential to bring them more on level with the Sorcerer.

The bubble is an ability that is just right for the use of keeping a gunslinger or other dps alive in an aoe environment... not a "heal" its not even a speedbump for a maintank situation.... and at lvl 38 i have yet to find a single Aoe heal.... tho i do see one possibly useful aoe at the top of my skill tree...

i would like to point you out that currently shield is the largest HPAT spell of the game. so saying that it's not even a speedbump is a straight out lie, unless you consider your other heals the same.

i would like to point you out that currently shield is the largest HPAT spell of the game. so saying that it's not even a speedbump is a straight out lie, unless you consider your other heals the same.

To be fair, he said he's level 38. That means he might not have the +20% boost to shield in the TK tree.