Nerf healing today

HyperHypo

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No they are not. I'm a healer, I should know. If the other group is smart, they target and focus fire me, my heals can't keep up with cc's, interrupts, and pure damage from most PDS characters either.. I drop faster than anyone besides the smuggler. I'm not complaining, I think it is well balanced though.

Edit: DPS...you win this time typo.

Edited by JerevFalar

I think the entire thought process needs to change when people start up these threads...

I have seen many players in the 50 brackets doing absolutely crap dmg, if everyone knew how to actually play the on char they got to 50 and stopped having an alt of every class we would see the healers actually have to work to keep people alive.

The damage output I have seen on my server over the past month has been horrible. The fresh 50's coming in have no business in pvp wz's, and it has nothing to do with gear.

Edited by Cegwulf

I this is more of an issue that the warzones here just aren't designed around healers being as good as they are.

Voidstar with 2-3 decent healers on each team is going to be a stalemate almost every time

regardless of how good the dps are.

Aldaraan with a healer on the side turret makes it virtually un-cappable. Even after they nerf the speeders if you've got 2 healers on a side turret it'll still be virtually uncappable.

Tanks also have a role in this, but I think the real problem is that most healers can't really go oom, or if they do run out of their resource it regens quickly enough that they can start back up healing within 5 seconds.

Edited by Aidank

------ most healers can't really go oom--------

The problem ^^^. Interrupts should eat the force/ammo/energy of the skill that was trying to be used, it'd go a long ways towards improving this without affecting PvE, and it would also force healers to *gasp* fake cast.

Healers aren't overpowered on their own. However, the sustain provided by a tank/guarded healer is absolutely insane because of the lack of a resource problem making it impossible to wear them down without sheer numbers to overwhelm them.

It has begun. Took longer than expected but it has begun. The idiot dpsers asking for healing to be nerfed, has finally started. It happens in every MMO, because all the idiotic dps want to be able to solo kill everything in 3-8 seconds in every MMO.

PVP is not Chess 3-8 sec is a long time. You don't PvP much, right?

its the expertiese gear,

lets say u got 2 bm's 1 is dps the other heal

heal got aruound +12% def, bm got +12% dmg, that canceled out

but heal got +12% heal still

the more gear ppl got the more op heals get if the gears the same

Edited by Darth_Ricky

its the expertiese gear,

lets say u got 2 bm's 1 is dps the other heal

heal got aruound +12% def, bm got +12% dmg, that canceled out

but heal got +12% heal still

the more gear ppl got the more op heals get if the gears the same

Yeah, lets not take into account the static 30% PvP healing reduction or anything

Before you call to 'Nerf It'. So as to understand the difference between Teamwork / Good Players / L2P and dear me a word I've never used before: 'Baddies'.

I've taken my own medicine and have played 5 classes so far. As an earlier poster said: DPS / CC / interrupts all inhibit healers. Group heals are rubbish. It's MUCH harder than it looks.

Oh look, this thread again. It's not like everyone jumps on me and I get insta-gibbed when I fire my green laser 10 feet away at the tank or anything despite being guarded and wearing heavy or anything... Edited by Navaris

An equally geared DPS class can take down any healer in the game one on one. DPS is greater than healing in SWTOR, you must be thinking of wow where one healer can hold off 3 players and never run out of mana.

Your also basing this off a healer that is standing there with no one attacking him healing another player. The minute a healer is under preasure in this game they cant both heal and DPS if they are a pure healer.

If anything nerf DPS in this game, its king not heals.

I play a level 50 Sage healer in champ/rakata gear, and I can churn out 6ook in a single warzone. However, if a single Sith Marauder gets on my back I'm in serious trouble. My knockback as a pure healer won't stop him. My 4 second stun lets me get off a few heals but their damage against my poor armour is pretty sick and they have the speed and force leap to get to me no matter how good my LOS is.

Every healer has their achilles heal, you just need to find it and get an ally on the job.

I'm going to counter this with my own argument. BUFF HEALERS.

wth I mean, some classes get 3 or 4 stuns/interrupts and healers like Operatives only get 1 move to counter that? After that we're screwed. They need to either give us more stunbreakers, or nerf the people that have multiple stuns to balance the playing field out.

If you get 2 or more healers healing eachother the number of dps they've got becomes almost irrelevant. Rated warzones aren't going to run with 1 healer, My premade is debating bringing 3 or 4.

4 people *************** one solo healer that refuses to abuse LoS and gets no peels from his teammates is irrelevant, a decent healer that gets any sort of team support, either from other dps or other healers, becomes practically invincible.

Edited by Aidank

Before you call to 'Nerf It'. So as to understand the difference between Teamwork / Good Players / L2P and dear me a word I've never used before: 'Baddies'.

I've taken my own medicine and have played 5 classes so far. As an earlier poster said: DPS / CC / interrupts all inhibit healers. Group heals are rubbish. It's MUCH harder than it looks.

OMG how right you are. When you are on a bad team you spend more time running to stay alive than healing. Some people need to learn to protect healer if they want heals. I watch Void Star matches where people chase the target away from the door and let someone sneak in and click the door.

In defense of this poster the Sorcerer does too much damage with the level of healing they can kick out. They melt people down with no way to respond. The marauder is way over power as well with no way to respond to the insane damage output. Tanks need to be able to stand toe to toe with a marauder. The healing tank should have his damage gimped if he is healing. The damage class need to fall in the same line. My problem with the healing is the pushback especially with the Jedi Sage throwing rocks. This is a serious over powered advantage to this class of player vs the root the Sith Sorceror has a slow which lets you heal through it. The only way to deal with the Jedi Sage is to get close enough for your interupt 4m on tank or with any other class take the abuse interupt and they are back at it 2 seconds later.

No they are not. I'm a healer, I should know. If the other group is smart, they target and focus fire me, my heals can't keep up with cc's, interrupts, and pure damage from most PDS characters either.. I drop faster than anyone besides the smuggler. I'm not complaining, I think it is well balanced though.

Edit: DPS...you win this time typo.

not that i agree with OP at all...but...lol