Economic Changes in Patch 1.1.5

CourtneyWoods

So, in other words, it's a great time to be a gold seller?

Yes. That's exactly what it means. Up 'til now, the gold sellers were crying tears of pure frustration due to the fact that all they had to work with was low-level gear to sell for their gold trading. But now that speeders and unique crystals can be sold and traded, it's like Christmas for them. Why Bioware didn't see this happening is a mystery we will never solve.

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

totally agree. pls dont remove the restrictions. the color is an indicator of alignment as it should be. dont dilute pls.

AGREE! keep the alignment restricted colors. how else can we tell if a player is light or dark. im a dark jedi and i love my red and orange sabers. i had to work hard for those alignment pts. PLEASE stick to the lore.

AGREE! keep the alignment restricted colors. how else can we tell if a player is light or dark. im a dark jedi and i love my red and orange sabers. i had to work hard for those alignment pts. PLEASE stick to the lore.

DISAGREE! Remove the alignment restricted colors. We don't need to know the alignment of other players--if they want it known, there are ways of doing that. As it is, they can simply wield an orange or yellow saber. This is a fallacious argument.

Stop using the lore as a crutch. There are plenty of characters in Star Wars lore that have used color crystals that do not fit your preconceived notions of cannon. This is also a fallacious argument. A player should be free to forge their own story, make their own decisions, and define their characters as they see fit. Color restrictions are an illogical and unnecessary limitation on our ability as players to engender personal characterizations.

DISAGREE! Remove the alignment restricted colors. We don't need to know the alignment of other players--if they want it known, there are ways of doing that. As it is, they can simply wield an orange or yellow saber. This is a fallacious argument.

Stop using the lore as a crutch. There are plenty of characters in Star Wars lore that have used color crystals that do not fit your preconceived notions of cannon. This is also a fallacious argument. A player should be free to forge their own story, make their own decisions, and define their characters as they see fit. Color restrictions are an illogical and unnecessary limitation on our ability as players to engender personal characterizations.

Bravo! Well said! Encore!

those are CLEARLY dark jedis and light siths. PLEASE DONT **** THE GAME UP. i love being able to see a sith with a blue or green saber or a jedi with a red one. that lets me know that they chose or ended up on the dark or light side of their faction.

and then you also have the feature that say 'requires dark side' 'requires light side' <-- THATS SO AWESOME. i love that feature. that lets you know that they deserve those specific items. bioware kicked *** with that alignment feature. if you get rid of it what the point of even having aligment? its a dumb choice! dont do it BW! leave the crystal restrictions as they are!! PLEAAAAAAAAAAASE! DONT RUIN THE GAME

*read this with Mr.Bison voice*:

yes YES !

*stop reading with Mr.Bison voice*

Yeah, Ashara will finally be able to have her blue light saber ! After all, she is more light side than Yoda himself, it is stupid that she can't use a blue light saber just because i'm half dark side !

*read this with Mr.Bison voice*:

yes YES !

*stop reading with Mr.Bison voice*

Yeah, Ashara will finally be able to have her blue light saber ! After all, she is more light side than Yoda himself, it is stupid that she can't use a blue light saber just because i'm half dark side !

In my opinion, comps shouldn't necessarily have the same alignment as their owners for that very reason.

I kinda agree with the red Dark Jedi/Sith Or blue, green light Sith/Jedi only cause Anakin used his blue saber as a Sith (even though he had no time to make a red one). Purple should be nuetral. Red + Blue=Purple. I'm hoping that the white crystal is really a Krayt Pearl a la SWG and it opens the door for raids on Krayts on Tatooine!! If there is a White saber then there should be a Black Saber which would be cool.

Read what I posted earlier. You DO know that you can get fully modifiable hands and boots don't you? Planet commendations.

You cannot just look at craftable moddable gear, you have to look at the entire system and see that it is weighted in favour of moddable gear, over non-moddable gear. And THAT is why the system is essentially borked for those professions who rely heavily on selling non-moddable items. Because they will always lose out.

Do you get augment slots on moddable gear purchased with commendations? no you do not, therefore they arent as good as a crafted peice that has an augment slot even if the rest of the stats are fixed, the extra stats from the augment slot makes it better

You've just proven my point! Players never need to replace the actual items they get because there is no actual limitation imposed on them. In fact, with the new changes coming, there will be even less limitations on them because they will be able to fully strip "Tier" items and put those mods into their already owned items. Thus, even less need to replace the item they already have.

Which is great from a customisation perspective, but doesn't actually help the parts of the crafting / economy synergy that rely on the selling of non-moddable items for those same slots.

Forget the argument about the inclusion of augment slots, because moddable items will have them too.

Don't you see? The devs aren't working towards a "player driven economy" that functions largely around player made "complete" and non-moddable items. Instead, it moves towards being an economy that functions largely around player made / obtained mods.

The only moddable items with augment slots will be the crit crafted moddable items, crafters can only make legs chest and head slot, the other slots (ear, implants, hands, feet, belts) can be made by crafters but non moddable, however they can still crit on those giving them an augment slot which means they will have more stat potential than drops or comendation gear

Every piece of gear that a crafter can make in 1.2 can be critted giving it an augment slot, which means that crit crafted gear will always be better than a drop of the same ilvl, regardless of wether its moddable or if its stats are fixed

Edited by Dafroog

They are, because according to Lore, the Colors are NOT RESTRICTED.

Also, how do you tell the difference between Alignments if they are wielding Vibroswords, how about if they are wielding Yellow &/or Orange Lightsabers, or have the Pre-Order/Keyboard-Mouse-Headset Crystals? HOW do you tell the difference then?

What about the Light Sith that got a Modable/Non-Modable Lightsaber which has a Red Blade through the Quest Reward? How would you tell that that Sith was Light and not Dark then??

Edited by Altyrell

I like the idea of some of these changes I must admit. Though I'm curious as to why some speeders are being removed. Was something wrong with them?

I'll have to try to find them. Where are the Sovereign, Prince, Baron and Commander vehicles sold? The names doesn't sound familiar. 'Course, I don't often pay attention to the name of a speeder...

1.2 update is not a huge bug fix. its additional changes and content. If they are going to actually fix the game, they need to assess the current bugs first then implement new changes after that.

And 1.2 is not coming out yet...theyv'e been patching the game all alogn and the next patch which has fixes is 1.1.5. 1.2 is something this month we dont know whien but we do know it'll be on PTS when its getting to roll.

Your complaint is nonsensical..that is all.

I like the idea of some of these changes I must admit. Though I'm curious as to why some speeders are being removed. Was something wrong with them?

I'll have to try to find them. Where are the Sovereign, Prince, Baron and Commander vehicles sold? The names doesn't sound familiar. 'Course, I don't often pay attention to the name of a speeder...

They're the butt ugly things the size of Star Destroyers. I'll post links to the pics when I find them.

EDIT:

Korrelis Baron

Korrealis Sovereign

Korrealis Prince

Korrealis Commander

also, the Tirsa Prime model appears to be one that's being removed (going off the "lore transcript").

Edited by Tarka

They're the butt ugly things the size of Star Destroyers. I'll post links to the pics when I find them.

EDIT:

Korrelis Baron

Korrealis Sovereign

Korrealis Prince

Korrealis Commander

Agreed, they are huge and annoying, especially on the Fleet. I wouldn't have removed them from the Game itself, just made it so that those and the other Landspeeders are unable to be used on the Fleet

Increase in Tier 3 Vihicle Licences?????????? Give me a break. It is over 300k as is! Lower ALL Licences and training costs expences like these are a drain on the player crafted econemy.You haveto buy every single little thing in this game that u dont loot. Stop charging so much for the stuff everyone needs and let the players drive the econemy. I bought a near complete set of crafted lvl 49 artifact mods and feel much better about supporting crafters than buying some licence that benefits noone but myself.

Agreed, they are huge and annoying, especially on the Fleet. I wouldn't have removed them from the Game itself, just made it so that those and the other Landspeeders are unable to be used on the Fleet

The odd thing is, they've left the following ones in the game (going off that transcript):

Dessler Turbo

Tirsa Elite

Increase in Tier 3 Vihicle Licences?????????? Give me a break. It is over 300k as is! Lower ALL Licences and training costs expences like these are a drain on the player crafted econemy.You haveto buy every single little thing in this game that u dont loot. Stop charging so much for the stuff everyone needs and let the players drive the econemy. I bought a near complete set of crafted lvl 49 artifact mods and feel much better about supporting crafters than buying some licence that benefits noone but myself.

2 days worth of dailies on Ilum and Belsavis and you'd have approximately 300k. With 30 daily commendations and moddable weapons for 2 of your comps.

Trust me, 300k is chicken feed when you know how to get it.

Total time to get it: approximately 2 - 3 hours.

And it's all legitimate. Nothing illegal. No exploiting.

Edited by Tarka

I wouldnt worry, if you read the blog it clearly hints that you can RE the crystals and be able to replicate them, so that once they remove the vender you will be able to make them

That's the question--so you're telling me that after EVERYONE has bought their shiny, special crystal off the NPC vendor, we articifers will get the leftovers and be able to RE the crystals in order to sell them. Most of the dedicated lvl 50s will have already bought theirs, mate!

In my view, we are deliberately being denied reaping the benefits of the decision to put the now rare crystal colors into the game, which IMO sucks and makes no sense in terms of the economy at all. Why have crafting of crystals as an articifer skill if what will be our main source of income is going to be offered on NPC vendors at the whim of the devs?

I wouldn't count on Cybertechs being able to craft speeders that are worth anything...

I am also against the removal of restriction on color crystals, especially for sabers. GAH. Why why why why? The unsuspecting silent majority, perfectly happy with the way things are, steam-rolled by a vocal minority.

Pop quiz - what color lasers do tie fighters shoot? (Hint - its not red)

Any numbers to back up your claim that the majority prefers them restricted? I'd guess most people just dont care, and that more are pro removal than anti, just because RP in general is low.

Proof that Sith can use a blue lightsaber:

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc3/greymelken/urgettingpwnedkid.jpg

An ardent Catholic could wear a "Star of David" on a chain if they wanted, but would they? No. They're most likely to wear a cross on a chain.

The act of choosing a faction at the beginning of the game partially defines the belief of the character. That chosen belief system has certain recognisable monikers.

Whilst Anakin chose to use his existing blue saber when swearing allegiance to Darth Sidious, he chose NOT to use it after he became Darth Vader (a choice defined by the person who made that character: George Lucas).

In short: I believe that the restrictions on certain colours should apply for the above reasons.

Edited by Tarka

The only thing I don't like is allowing the light saber crystal colors to be used by anyone. Color is an indicator of faction and allowing Jedi to use Sith colors (and visa versa) is a violation of one of the most treasured parts of Star Wars lore.

Don't mess with canon, please.

Sand

To help offset the loss of revenue generated by these licenses, taxes on all models of Tier III speeders will be significantly increased once the new regulation takes effect.

I think the price of the other models of speeders are going up (the ones that are sticking around and not 1.5 million). Emphasis is mine.