Server Population is GROWING!

Azzras

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've noticed this too. In game, peeps are super nice, congenial. They're enjoying the hell out of this game.

You get to this echo chamber called general forums, and the reverberating negativity is deafening. Amazing what a few thousand (perhaps less) voices can do inside the echo chamber.

The echo chamber really is only about twenty five regular Trolls actually they just spew hate ten to sixteen hours a day.

Can you be more specific?

-2 Affection with Vahzl

Have they said anything new about the fact that the Empire:Republic ratio is incredibly skewed on some servers?

Sure they said (a while ago) that the "average" was something like 1.3:1 but on some servers it's more like 2:1. On PvP servers (especially) it makes things more frustrating.

I'm wondering if they're going to continue to address it at all, or simply say "Well that's just the way it is" or "It happens on other games too".

Its almost like you people are trying to push me back to WoW with all the negative stuff on the forums... Still I do have to admit I've become disillusioned with this game... I don't know I'd rather give the game some time before I condemn it.

they said something about it at the guild summit. its in the video the rest

Thanks for the link. It seems as if they've basically said "Well we think the Legacy system might help with that a bit, but other than that, that's just the way it is."

Frankly that's kinda disappointing. Just because it happens on other games doesn't make it right.

Its almost like you people are trying to push me back to WoW with all the negative stuff on the forums... Still I do have to admit I've become disillusioned with this game... I don't know I'd rather give the game some time before I condemn it.

Well that is the whole point of Astroturfing......and no other MMO in history has had as much as SWTOR; you know it's bad when even Dr Ray comments on it.

Personally other people do not influence what I like; I'm in the MoP beta it's boring as hell...SWTOR isn't perfect but it's one of the few MMO's that can hold my interest these days.

Anyone who thinks servers are growing is blind. Maybe 1-4 servers are growing from people restarting on more populated servers, but for the most part servers are losing population.

All three servers i am on were once very populated now all three are almost dead.

Edited by Badlander

Anyone who thinks servers are growing is blind. Maybe 1-4 servers are growing from people restarting on more populated servers, but for the most part servers are losing population.

All three servers i am on were once very populated now all three are almost dead.

Naahh man! They are just elsewhere...... chase the dragon!

Thanks for the link. It seems as if they've basically said "Well we think the Legacy system might help with that a bit, but other than that, that's just the way it is."

Frankly that's kinda disappointing. Just because it happens on other games doesn't make it right.

It's not that it just happens on other games, it's just that the Empire has more "appeal" than republic.

No one ever gets to play the bad guy ;)

Out of my guild of 78, only I and a couple others have been online in the last week.

Really booming.

Yeah that's the big issue, more than 95% of the people I came to SWTOR with have quit.

Never seen anything quite like it since the aftermath of the 1.4 Warhammer Online patch. :(

It's not that it just happens on other games, it's just that the Empire has more "appeal" than republic.

No one ever gets to play the bad guy ;)

Yes but if they care about faction balance, shouldn't they be doing something to make the Republic more appealing so it's more even?

Yes but if they care about faction balance, shouldn't they be doing something to make the Republic more appealing so it's more even?

And what should that be?

The Republic is pretty appealing as it is. The problem are people who seem to think that something is missing from it, yet can't say what it is beyond their belief that more people should be playing Republic.

Reps are the "good" side, yet you can also play as a "cool" bad Rep; the game's overall story is about them overcoming Empire's threat and gaining the upper hand; they got Coruscant solely for themselves; they get the most epic class storyline in the form of JK's story.

What more there could be?

That said, the Republic side community can be quite horrible at times. Like last night on Coruscant on my server... *shakes head*

Edited by Rouge

Cap Fatman for crying out loud!

and that is the precise reason we have problems with the server populations. Because people can't SIT and WAIT for a queue to finish. During launch i did not even care one bit for queues, i would finish watching what i was watching on tv then play when the queue was up

This problem does not bother me at all, since I like being in the minority, but do you have a suggested fix? (maybe a topic for another thread)

major gaming sites/magazines start reporting about dead servers and tons of lost subs, so basically saying that population is growing is nothing but a lie. people are not only leaving because of the rushed state of the game, bad customer service etc. but also because the payment model is outdated. many people just don't want to pay 13€+ monthly for a game, especially one with thin endgame content. wow is losing subs as well, MoP won't bring them back. many people pay less for a high speed internet connection than an mmo abonnement per month. greed is their downfall. Edited by Rikeryo

which sites are reporting this? and now with that information out BW is screwed and this game will fall

I will say that Hyperspace Cannon has lost a lot of it's Pub players and the populations for non-50 planets is paltry on both sides... if you want to level an alt, or this is your first character on this server, it's pretty desolate, it plays like a single player game.

As for the 50's, there's a pretty steady core that pvp's and it's remained pretty steady. However, most have stated that when GW2 hits, they'll be leaving unless 1.2 or 1.3 is just awesome beyond belief... which will be incredibly hard to do with a combat system that is flawed beyond belief.

and that is the precise reason we have problems with the server populations. Because people can't SIT and WAIT for a queue to finish. During launch i did not even care one bit for queues, i would finish watching what i was watching on tv then play when the queue was up

You watched TV for 6 hours before playing SWTOR? :eek:

major gaming sites/magazines start reporting about dead servers and tons of lost subs, so basically saying that population is growing is nothing but a lie. people are not only leaving because of the rushed state of the game, bad customer service etc. but also because the payment model is outdated. many people just don't want to pay 13€+ monthly for a game, especially one with thin endgame content. wow is losing subs as well, MoP won't bring them back. many people pay less for a high speed internet connection than an mmo abonnement per month. greed is their downfall.

I dont think the payment model is outdated, There are very few f2p if any at all that end up being cheaper than 15 bucks a month if you want to experience everything the game has to offer. Even GW2 has announced micro transactions.

There may be pleanty of well made f2p games out there but most of them arent really free and none of them are close to the calibur of games that rift, wow or swtor are.