Dots not interrupting fine?, But Huttball allowed to remain forceball?

Xsorus

Please remove the ability to pull the ball carrier or use speed/charge with the ball, it should be about proper positioning and passing the ball.

Not how many force users you can stack on your team, or how many operatives you get screwed with.

f you remove the ability to sprint with a ball and the ability to pull someone with a ball, you realize this means the sorcerer/sage class would be less incentivized to even do the objective right?

Not to mention the whole thing about sorcerers still able to force speed through the fire to the other side to receive an easy pass. In fact, this is MUCH MORE PREFERABLE than actually CARRYING the ball because the ball snares and sorcerers are squishy.

Not to mention the ability to offensively pull the ball carrier, which completely nullifies force speed and rescue.

I cannot mention how many times I've gotten stunned mid-force speed, or get pulled while I'm sprinting or jumping over a fire.

It's so easy to counter force speed and force leap, it's call knowing what they do and react accordingly.

And also, operatives: you can stealth ahead of the ball carrier and receive a pass.

A lot of assassins and operatives do this in my game. It is much more OP than any speed modifier.

It's like "OH HEY A RANDOM PASS TO THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE ------------------------> O there is a operative/assassin there to receive it."

Nerf stealth so you can't stealth ahead of the ball carrier and can only stealth on YOUR SIDE of the map BEHIND the ball carrier.

I just taught you how to play yourself in huttball, your welcome.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooooh, you're pub, you should have said so. We never lose to pubs in Huttball cause we play it all day. Thats probably why you don't enjoy it. Roll an Imp and play Huttball all the time, you'll learn to love it or quit PVP.

No thanks. If I had to play Huttball all day I would quit the game and never come back. Like I said it is the worst piece of **** map ever made for any PvP game. At least how it is right now with certain classes being much much much much much better than certain other classes because of certain abilities that shouldn't work while they are a ball carrier.

aka.. a force user....

"I accept that every class is unique, and mine just happens to be overpowered in a 2/3 warfronts, but that's fine.. because it adds spice to the game"

So in reality, this thread only exists because you're butt hurt you picked the wrong class.

Gotcha.

Again, you post your sillyness in this thread, "I wish I had force leap" Guess what, Force Leap wouldn't work either, just like Speed.

you saying you wish you had something that would also be disabled is hilarious at best.

No. What's hilarious is you asking for class and spec-defining abilities to be disabled in PVP is.

THAT'S hilarious.

So in reality, this thread only exists because you're butt hurt you picked the wrong class.

Gotcha.

Yeah basically it is.

BTW op, for the "You just want you class to be OP", my main is a 36 sniper, many of whom think they're UP. Although my Operative is 40, and I've invested more time in her. Is she my new main? Either way, by common consensus (That is, the majority), those are the two most UP classes (Mostly due to the fact that they're the least placed class(es)).

Edited by Zunayson

..... Ignoring the fact that assassins can go immune and run through fire pits, and so can marauders as well..

You basically solidified my point, Force users have the advantage..

We aren't immune to the fire.

Just immune to being stunned or rooted in the fire pit.

You clearly lack a whole lot of knowledge about class skills.

Again, one of these silly posts where, somehow removing the overpowered mechanics for all classes in one warfront, somehow completely makes every class the same.. never mind the fact they're bloody mirrored in the first place..

See the interesting thing is the group that claims an ability or mechanic is OP is almost always the one without said ability. So of course to them it is OP, because removing it seems like a great idea to them.

Just look over these forums, it is 75% "Your class can do this and it is unfair" QQ crap. Even if you removed those abilities, tomorrow it would be knock backs and snares are OP! Lets remove them as well...

The op seems to be a big baby. I have a 50 Assassin tank a 50 Powertech tank and 50 Jugger. For running the ball it goes jugger powertech assassin. a 2 second sprint every 30seconds is **** compaired to force leap or jet charge. on my powertech i jet charge then run the ball pop defensive cds and jet charge again 15s later. 25% less damage bubble and HP regen cd make it hard to kill a powertech ball runner specialy while being healed. Now a juggernaut and a operative working together in a hutball match is just about unstoppable. with force leap force push the leap again then cedeing the operative who is stealthed makes for fast scores "IF" the other team doesnt catch on. A smart team can counter any of these with well timed CC or knock backs and not being stupid and dpsing from the edge in the path the ball carrier wants to go.

A. I'm trying to get you to see how certain classes do certain roles better. My HEAL operative cannot damage as well as my DAMAGE Marauder. Once again: The Operative is the ONLY - may I repeat ONLY class with heals AND stealth. That's what they have.In my opinion, the AGENT (More specifically Operative for mezz, sniper for snares and KB) has the best CC in my opinion. The sorcs must 2 second cast their single 8 sec mezz, snipers have an instant group 8 second mezz. Melee 4 sec stun with only 75% of the cooldown, just FYI. And I thought only 'sins could spec for Pull? Not Sorcs? Correct me if I'm wrong, never rolled a sin... No, the "Unbalance" here is that a damage ____ does more damage than a heal ______ . Just the same, certain classes can ______ better than _____ at ________. Key phrase: "at _______ ."

B. It can have a huge effect on Huttball.

C. That is my example/analogy. In actuality, each class can spec / Advanced Class to get certain tools and utilities that each spec/AC/class doesn't get. May I reiterate: You said multiple times that Force users are better in EVERY RESPECT than non force users. Sniper: Entrench: 20 second CC immunity. (http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/2/4/825ae943-578d-4202-929c-2c2c539fcd01.jpg, for lulz) Done. Want more? Cover = leap immunity. Want more? KB and snare immunity on demand (PT) Want more? Leap and a pull (Pt). Want more? Stealth and heals (Operative) Want more? KB and heals (Merc). Insane low cooldown control (Sniper Need I go on?

D. Yeah but you said they'd be slightly better at running the ball. It is a key core part of the tank role to be able to tank massive damage. It is a key, core part of the Jedi Knight to have a leap. It is a key, core, part of the Operative to have stealth. I'll just say this point blatantly: Certain core parts of classes can do different things. Guardians cant stealth over to the endzone like an operative to get a pass, and even Assassins can't heal themselves and their teammates while doing so.

By saying that a tank requires his teammates to do majorly better (Although you still said tanks would be slightly better at running the Huttball. Slightly =/= equal), you basically want tanks to be better at that role in the game (By game, I mean Huttball, not the game SWTOR). Guess what? 'Sins will be good at supporting the tank, then. Pulls, all of that. Guess what, another class with a pull can pull him back after a sin pulled the Huttball runner. KBs can counter charges. All different classes have different utilities and combinations thereof of said utilities to offer something to the team.

You seem a lot like my dad. Incapable of seeing any reason. I'm sorry, I feel like I'm talking to Cleverbot or some other troll; the responses don't make any sense in respect to what I'm trying to say.

A. Again, you're comparing Roles, DPS/Tank/Heals with one another, and not actual abilities, This doesn't work my friend, you keep straw manning this argument over and over again, i've pointed it out to you like 3 times already how it's bloody stupid and you should quit trying it. Operatives being the only Healer Stealther has no effect on huttball, Just like Assassins being the only Stealther Tank.. Know what does have an effect on huttball, the fact the Assassin can pop force speed and a 5 second immunity and run through the bloody fire. the Stealthing part is pointless.... It's the abilities themselves.

B. 4 meter range and 10 meter range in huttball has no effect.. You talk about a Powertech with a bit of range, Know what has effect in huttball? Being able to pop bloody group speed at the start of the match that lets your entire team get to the ball faster then the opposing team. That has effect on huttball, 6 more meter range does not..

C. now this is a funny part of your post, because it's filled with massive amount of strawman arguments over and over again "See this sniper, he's got 20 seconds of CC immunity" Oh good thing that has nothing to do with huttball, and doesn't effect the balance of huttball at all, Oh look the stationary sniper is able to go CC immune and not be charged.. I'm sure he's going to be a great help to his team"... Lets Go further, You bring up Powertech's Knockback and snare immunity, ignoring the fact that you don't get charge with this spec, and you can do the exact same thing.. as assassin, only better...

Speed and a Pull, with immunity.. Go Assassin.... Stealth and heals part, we already discussed being pointless in huttball. Knockback/Heals, again.. Sorc and vastly superior cause they get the friendly player pull as well... and Sorcs have much better CC then Snipers.

D. Again, none of what ya mentions have an actual effect on huttball (yea that stealther can stealth over to the in zone, just like assassins) Know what happens to stealthers who stealth over to the in zone after my change? They have the ball passed to them, and then they get pulled down.. Know what happens without that change? Same thing, only a sorc pulls them up, or if it's a juggy in the first place, he simply charges the friendly stealther.. Huge skill there mate.

"By saying that a tank requires his teammates to do majorly better (Although you still said tanks would be slightly better at running the Huttball. Slightly =/= equal), you basically want tanks to be better at that role in the game (By game, I mean Huttball, not the game SWTOR). Guess what? 'Sins will be good at supporting the tank, then. Pulls, all of that. Guess what, another class with a pull can pull him back after a sin pulled the Huttball runner. KBs can counter charges. All different classes have different utilities and combinations thereof of said utilities to offer something to the team. "

Tanks would be slightly better running it to a degree, It doesn't matter which class runs the ball if he has no support. A Tank will die just as easily as a sorc running the ball who has no support. A Tank guarding another tank would be ideal.. But again, It's slow moving and can be knockoff the ledges easy, You still require someone to pass to without the ability to charge/use speed, or get pulled by friendlies. you could run the ball as really class, It just requires support, a Healer running the ball wouldn't be terrible, if he's guarded for example.. even a DPS could run the ball. But in the end, it still requires your team mates..

No. What's hilarious is you asking for class and spec-defining abilities to be disabled in PVP is.

THAT'S hilarious.

Do you realize how bloody stupid the argument you should made sounds?

Let me ask you something..

Can you stealth while carrying the huttball?

The moment you start asking for class and spec-defining abilities to be disallowed in PVP, that's the moment you need to step away from the keyboard and ask yourself, "why?" I wish my shadow tank had a bazillion abilities that other people do in Huttball, but I don't. Like force leap, for instance. That would be crazy. I'd give up my force pull for leap. But it is what it is.

Figure out what your role is rather than complain that another class has a role you wish you had.

ODD THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED TO THE SCRAPPER!

First class to be nerfed and has recieved 4 nerfs in total. No other class has been nerfed as much.

We aren't immune to the fire.

Just immune to being stunned or rooted in the fire pit.

You clearly lack a whole lot of knowledge about class skills.

Yes.. you are...

you clearly don't know much about your class.

The op seems to be a big baby. I have a 50 Assassin tank a 50 Powertech tank and 50 Jugger. For running the ball it goes jugger powertech assassin. a 2 second sprint every 30seconds is **** compaired to force leap or jet charge. on my powertech i jet charge then run the ball pop defensive cds and jet charge again 15s later. 25% less damage bubble and HP regen cd make it hard to kill a powertech ball runner specialy while being healed. Now a juggernaut and a operative working together in a hutball match is just about unstoppable. with force leap force push the leap again then cedeing the operative who is stealthed makes for fast scores "IF" the other team doesnt catch on. A smart team can counter any of these with well timed CC or knock backs and not being stupid and dpsing from the edge in the path the ball carrier wants to go.

A. Assassin Sprint is 20 second cooldown if you're tank spec. How you don't know that with your big bad 50 assassin tank I don't know.. maybe you just don't have the toon and you're talking out of your ***, but i'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

B. It's not really just force speed, It's force speed while being immune for 5 seconds which is what makes it powerful. That's not to say powertech's can't run the ball, they most certainly can. But it's relying on the stupidity of the enemy team more then the Juggies/Assassins abilities. You can't charge someone if there is no one there. Juggies can at least charge friendlies. As for bringing up the operative, Yea assassin can stay stealthed at goal line the same, it still ends up being Force users being better then non force users.

Check it out every thing every class does in huttbal has an effect on hutball. Running the hutball and scoring is only HALF of the match. The other half is stopping the other team from scoring thats where you merc your operatives come into play. You are thinking like an idiot and thinking 1 sided and not looking at the full team picture. some classes Play offense some play defense. Thats what you need to understand. Juggernaut playing defense is not as good as a merc playing defense. A Juggernaut isnt as good as a DPS Operative playing Defense. Try looking at the game as a team sport and every objective in the match not just one. You need your ball carriers and you need your Defenders to hold the middle so your ball carrier can get it again. or to prevent the other team from scoring.

Check it out every thing every class does in huttbal has an effect on hutball. Running the hutball and scoring is only HALF of the match. The other half is stopping the other team from scoring thats where you merc your operatives come into play. You are thinking like an idiot and thinking 1 sided and not looking at the full team picture. some classes Play offense some play defense. Thats what you need to understand. Juggernaut playing defense is not as good as a merc playing defense. A Juggernaut isnt as good as a DPS Operative playing Defense. Try looking at the game as a team sport and every objective in the match not just one. You need your ball carriers and you need your Defenders to hold the middle so your ball carrier can get it again. or to prevent the other team from scoring.

Yea.. because we know that Mercs/operatives are the only offense in huttball... Again you have tards trying to compare DPS to Tanks "a juggernaut isn't as good as a dps operative playing defense" Really? Have you not seen a DPS juggy that pops you for 6k crits on smash? Ignoring that.. Every class in this game can sit in the middle and play "defense"... not every class can run the ball and use overpowered abilities to sway the match.

Unless you then Operative/Merc is more of a threat in the center then a properly played Marauder of all things.

A. Assassin Sprint is 20 second cooldown if you're tank spec. How you don't know that with your big bad 50 assassin tank I don't know.. maybe you just don't have the toon and you're talking out of your ***, but i'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

B. It's not really just force speed, It's force speed while being immune for 5 seconds which is what makes it powerful. That's not to say powertech's can't run the ball, they most certainly can. But it's relying on the stupidity of the enemy team more then the Juggies/Assassins abilities. You can't charge someone if there is no one there. Juggies can at least charge friendlies. As for bringing up the operative, Yea assassin can stay stealthed at goal line the same, it still ends up being Force users being better then non force users.

yes sorry force speed is 20seconds tank spec'ed 2nd teir talent. base is 30seconds.

Angiline,Lonestrum,Mailstrum on Vulkar Highway are my 3 50s.

A. Again, you're comparing Roles, DPS/Tank/Heals with one another, and not actual abilities, This doesn't work my friend, you keep straw manning this argument over and over again, i've pointed it out to you like 3 times already how it's bloody stupid and you should quit trying it. Operatives being the only Healer Stealther has no effect on huttball, Just like Assassins being the only Stealther Tank.. Know what does have an effect on huttball, the fact the Assassin can pop force speed and a 5 second immunity and run through the bloody fire. the Stealthing part is pointless.... It's the abilities themselves.

B. 4 meter range and 10 meter range in huttball has no effect.. You talk about a Powertech with a bit of range, Know what has effect in huttball? Being able to pop bloody group speed at the start of the match that lets your entire team get to the ball faster then the opposing team. That has effect on huttball, 6 more meter range does not..

C. now this is a funny part of your post, because it's filled with massive amount of strawman arguments over and over again "See this sniper, he's got 20 seconds of CC immunity" Oh good thing that has nothing to do with huttball, and doesn't effect the balance of huttball at all, Oh look the stationary sniper is able to go CC immune and not be charged.. I'm sure he's going to be a great help to his team"... Lets Go further, You bring up Powertech's Knockback and snare immunity, ignoring the fact that you don't get charge with this spec, and you can do the exact same thing.. as assassin, only better...

Speed and a Pull, with immunity.. Go Assassin.... Stealth and heals part, we already discussed being pointless in huttball. Knockback/Heals, again.. Sorc and vastly superior cause they get the friendly player pull as well... and Sorcs have much better CC then Snipers.

D. Again, none of what ya mentions have an actual effect on huttball (yea that stealther can stealth over to the in zone, just like assassins) Know what happens to stealthers who stealth over to the in zone after my change? They have the ball passed to them, and then they get pulled down.. Know what happens without that change? Same thing, only a sorc pulls them up, or if it's a juggy in the first place, he simply charges the friendly stealther.. Huge skill there mate.

"By saying that a tank requires his teammates to do majorly better (Although you still said tanks would be slightly better at running the Huttball. Slightly =/= equal), you basically want tanks to be better at that role in the game (By game, I mean Huttball, not the game SWTOR). Guess what? 'Sins will be good at supporting the tank, then. Pulls, all of that. Guess what, another class with a pull can pull him back after a sin pulled the Huttball runner. KBs can counter charges. All different classes have different utilities and combinations thereof of said utilities to offer something to the team. "

Tanks would be slightly better running it to a degree, It doesn't matter which class runs the ball if he has no support. A Tank will die just as easily as a sorc running the ball who has no support. A Tank guarding another tank would be ideal.. But again, It's slow moving and can be knockoff the ledges easy, You still require someone to pass to without the ability to charge/use speed, or get pulled by friendlies. you could run the ball as really class, It just requires support, a Healer running the ball wouldn't be terrible, if he's guarded for example.. even a DPS could run the ball. But in the end, it still requires your team mates..

A. Well, it doesn't apply only to Huttball, it applies to the whole game, PvE included.

B. It can. Although not always a lot.

C. I won a Huttball match 2-2 (We had the ball) because I sat in cover and entrenched after a merc whom I knew was about to KB me off the ledge. Then it didn't work, Then I wanted him to blow his stun, which he didn't. It didn't matter, I scored. It made a difference. (http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/2/4/825ae943-578d-4202-929c-2c2c539fcd01.jpg).

Same happened with my Vanguard (PT mirror, I don't actual play a PT, I play a vanguard, but whatever) with Hold The Line. We won due to having the ability to temporarily negate knockbacks.

D. Okay, exactly. Exactly, exactly, exactly. Different utilites will negate others, and it keeps on going, No more debating on that as long as you can agree to that - because my post said that different utilities are useful against each other, and now you. So in your D, just put I agree, and we'll leave it out.

Oh, okay. Which does make sense. I'm all for unique balances.

So based on your post, I can conclude that you're all for different classes having different utilities, and said utilities can be countered by other utilities, not making them OP. You said that a stealther will get pulled down, and may then get pulled back up. So let's take charge that you want disabled when running the Huttball as an example. The Guardian with the ball is on the opposing team.

He can either:

You're at the endzone. He charges to you; or

One of his friends are at the endzone, he Guardian Leaps to them.

If it's the first, you can use that countering utility of yours to KB him back down.

If it's the second, it makes no different whether or not he passed or not, because it's a friendly and nobody from your team to KB him back down.

Seeing as a Jugg can pass and charge, and operatives can only pass, I don't see it: Just let them do it however they want.

But still agree to the countering utility thing.

Yes.. you are...

you clearly don't know much about your class.

I know for a FACT that I am not immune to the fire when I push Resilience. That only makes me immune to force and tech attacks.

I clearly know my class. I am a kinetic combat shadow tank. I do a hell of a lot of huttball running of the ball. I run through the fire pits quite a lot after using resilience...on purpose. Because I know they will try to root me. I still take a good 2-3 ticks of fire damage. But I am immune to any of the CC they try to throw at me to stop me in the fire.

Yea.. because we know that Mercs/operatives are the only offense in huttball... Again you have tards trying to compare DPS to Tanks "a juggernaut isn't as good as a dps operative playing defense" Really? Have you not seen a DPS juggy that pops you for 6k crits on smash? Ignoring that.. Every class in this game can sit in the middle and play "defense"... not every class can run the ball and use overpowered abilities to sway the match.

Unless you then Operative/Merc is more of a threat in the center then a properly played Marauder of all things.

yes i would take mercs over marauders almost any day. Thing is yes every class can sit in the middle and play defense some are just more suitied then others for it. just as Every class can run the ball just some are more suitied for it.

I know for a FACT that I am not immune to the fire when I push Resilience. That only makes me immune to force and tech attacks.

I clearly know my class. I am a kinetic combat shadow tank. I do a hell of a lot of huttball running of the ball. I run through the fire pits quite a lot after using resilience...on purpose. Because I know they will try to root me. I still take a good 2-3 ticks of fire damage. But I am immune to any of the CC they try to throw at me to stop me in the fire.

I know for a fact you're lying to, because I've seen multiple assassins run directly through the fire with immunity up.