Dots not interrupting fine?, But Huttball allowed to remain forceball?

Xsorus

Inquisitors are ridiculously OP, tis why I'm rolling one and changing that to my main. I guess the 50% of Inquis/Consultars in every match just got a bit higher. I'm tired of them (particularly Sorcs) being best at every role they fill and Bioware do nothing about it.

Badly designed class but I don't have to worry now, I'm OP too!

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're seriously going to bring fire pits into this discussion now? Last I checked force users die to fire pits just as every other class does. Not only can non-force users stun force users and anyone else on fire pits, but they can also knock them into the pits and grapple targets into them. Fire pits do not belong in this discussion. The only class that is mostly immune to them is a Warrior/Knight that can jump to a target past the pits...but thats your own team's fault if you let it happen...and it still doesn't mean they can't be knocked back or grappled into the pit after the fact.

This would be completely false. One well timed AoE knockback followed with a self-shield and a sprint and you can leap right through a firepit leaving everyone else in the dust. Can any other class do this? No.... at least any Jedi Knight/Sith Warrior needs someone stupid up ahead to jump to.

If by best you mean the absolute worst piece of **** map ever made for any PvP type combat you would be correct. Only a Sorc/Sage would actually think the map was anything short of terrible.

Absolutely not. I fell in love with Huttball on my Merc. After your 100th Huttball match or so you learn to love it.

So yeah.

A. why you comparing your marauder to heal operative? does it have an unbalancing nature on huttball that your marauder does damage and an operative heals? Why not say, compare a sorc to an operative, where the sorc has a knockback and friendly pull with speed.. while the operative has..nothing... *grin*

B. Again, you're comparing something that has nothing to do with huttball, Oh look, Marauders have 4 meter range and powertech's have 10, That has a huge effect on huttball, oh wait.. it doesn't, strawman argument on your part just like the one before it because you couldn't refute the fact force users have better CC effects then the non force users.

C. Again, you're comparing roles of DPS/Healing/Tanking against one another while not looking at actual abilities that have effect on huttball, Guess what.. Sorcs/Mercs/Operatives are all healers, They're not all equal in huttball, One is clearly better then the other 2 by far. Tanks running the ball, You have Powertech's,Assassins/Juggies, again.. one is clearly better then them all, and the Assassin is better then the Powertech. You saying "Well being able to run the ball better then everyone else on the juggernaut is perfectly ok because my Marauder is able to dps, and my operative can heal" is borderline moronic.

D. all classes would be equal, and tanks would be slightly better, but since you can't run a ball as a solo tank across the goal line without support or passing it equals out, plus the fact that other classes can run the ball as well if they're being guarded.

In closing, asking you to be equal to every other class in huttball is rather hilarious, since it'd just be so hard if ya didn't have multiple abilities that favored your class specifically.

I'm an operative and I like it because it's less open and more people are susceptible to kills, and harder to come to the rescue due to obstacles.

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/2/4/825ae943-578d-4202-929c-2c2c539fcd01.jpg

I see you are quite the team player. Because you obviously don't go after ball carriers... or generally anyone in the middle or on any ledge.

I'm a Scoundrel too and I do love enjoying getting spam knockbacked over ledges into the pit trying to deny that sprinting Sorc a free score. And no... you can't not be knocked over the edge if they actually take the time to snare or stun you before they knock you over.

*boggle* It's like you've never played a Force User in Huttball and realized that they're not overpowered because they have their own strengths and weaknesses just like any other class...*grin*

You're seriously going to bring fire pits into this discussion now? Last I checked force users die to fire pits just as every other class does. Not only can non-force users stun force users and anyone else on fire pits, but they can also knock them into the pits and grapple targets into them. Fire pits do not belong in this discussion. The only class that is mostly immune to them is a Warrior/Knight that can jump to a target past the pits...but thats your own team's fault if you let it happen...and it still doesn't mean they can't be knocked back or grappled into the pit after the fact.

..... Ignoring the fact that assassins can go immune and run through fire pits, and so can marauders as well..

You basically solidified my point, Force users have the advantage..

This would be completely false. One well timed AoE knockback followed with a self-shield and a sprint and you can leap right through a firepit leaving everyone else in the dust. Can any other class do this? No.... at least any Jedi Knight/Sith Warrior needs someone stupid up ahead to jump to.

Try this at 50 and let me know how often you score with this...cause most of the Sorcs I see do this end up getting slowed and burned down by ranged classes before the goal because they have no other cool downs to save them outside of stopping for a heal. Occasionally I can get away with a score with such a tactic on my 36 Sorc, but more often than not you get stunned/snared before making it to the goal and by then you're pretty much out of cool downs because you probably had to burn your CC breaker on the fire pit to begin with.

Yea.. no need to make classes equal in a warfront, and require a actual amount of skill to play, Lets just have sorcs pull people up who couldn't position themselves properly, because ya know.. that's skill being the only class in the game with a friendly pull.

How is hitting your 'throw the ball' bind key and clicking to pass anymore "skillful" than what you're complaining about?

Like you said, Huttball is about positioning.

Those sorc/sages who are pulling have to put themselves in a good position to do it, and also have situational awareness as to not draw the attention of an enemy before it happens.

To quote Arnold...

Stop whining.

You're asking to "Balance" these "OP" classes only because they perform better than you in Huttball. First of all, Huttball is not the only Warzone. PvP is also not the only gameplay. This is will have a lot of ramifications not only in PvP - but in PvE as well.

So what you basically did was contradict your Original Post, sorry, it's not decent. I'm still winning the thread on this 3-cap. :p

.... Yea.. Huttball is not the only Warzone, Good thing they don't completely unbalance other Warzones like they do huttball (even though Sorcs/Marauders can beat every other class to the flags in The Civil War, and assassins/sorcs can clear the pits in void star)

But anyway... I'm kind of dumbfounded at the rest of your post, because i'm going to be honest, it's quite possibly the dumbest thing i've seen posted on here so far..

Because we all know.. disabling pulling the ball carrier, or using force speed or charge, will have MASSIVE ramifications in PVE... I mean bloody hell...

^ this but of course not till you give every class a heal and stealth.

FYI PROTIP:, EVERY class has a use in hutball. If you cant find yours, well you are a bad. If your trying to carry the ball instead of playing defense your a bad.

Not all classes are suited to carry some are better at defense.

I could tell you exactly where to set up as a sniper of what ground to cover as an OP to be most effective but I wont. some things you should learn on your own.

I routinely win hutballs for my team as a BH and get many mvp votes, ALL without every crossing into the other sides territory. Try to get a ball past my BH though ... good luck you will need it.

protip

sorcs can dps scoundrels cant sprint / pull

stealth is super awesome for winning huttball .. if you are willing to sit in the endzone the entire game hoping the rest of your team can actually get the ball there.

sure you can be useful in other ways, but nowhere near to the magnitude and faceroll that force users can.

sprint is invaluable in all 3 warzones as it means you can stop caps much more effectively.

im not saying nerf force users. im just agreeing that there should be some restrictions in some areas of certain warzones .. which is what the post is about.

no force speed while holding the ball for example. seems like a perfectly logical scenario.

for that matter .. no stealth on the endzone platform.

Edited by azmundai

Please remove all classes and make us all the same. This way all the QQ'ers can finally shut the hell up.

Thanks.

Again, one of these silly posts where, somehow removing the overpowered mechanics for all classes in one warfront, somehow completely makes every class the same.. never mind the fact they're bloody mirrored in the first place..

Try this at 50 and let me know how often you score with this...cause most of the Sorcs I see do this end up getting slowed and burned down by ranged classes before the goal because they have no other cool downs to save them outside of stopping for a heal. Occasionally I can get away with a score with such a tactic on my 36 Sorc, but more often than not you get stunned/snared before making it to the goal and by then you're pretty much out of cool downs because you probably had to burn your CC breaker on the fire pit to begin with.

I'm in full BM... how about you. It's like you've never played Huttball in your life. Sorc's do this ALL THE TIME especially after getting pulled ahead of the group by another Sorc. I mean wow it's like you've never played a game with more than 1 Sorc in it.

Then this game isn't for you.

Yes... BW would just do away with ranked WZ's to appease people like you. I actually play BM premades vs other BM premades... you just play casual random scrub matches.

Edit: Oh by the way... I don't have to play many Huttball matches. I play on repub on a server with a 5:1 imp ratio. It was 3:1 at the start... I counted literally every player in the guild early access world pre-selection screen. So no... I don't get many Huttball matches at all. When it happens though... worst experience ever. People with absolutely no skill who get destroyed in any other match actually think they are good because they can sprint and pull away a ball carrier nonstop. Yea... such a great map.

Edited by zizzefex

How is hitting your 'throw the ball' bind key and clicking to pass anymore "skillful" than what you're complaining about?

Like you said, Huttball is about positioning.

Those sorc/sages who are pulling have to put themselves in a good position to do it, and also have situational awareness as to not draw the attention of an enemy before it happens.

To quote Arnold...

Stop whining.

So you think positioning yourself and removing all possibility of being intercepted is more skillful then actually having to aim the throw and risking it being caught by the opposing team. Nevermind in both cases, you have to have someone in position to throw to.

Great logic on your part.

Chain pulls are highly annoying in Hutball, i cant lie...

Still, the real issue isnt with this, its the fact that Hutball comprises the vast majority of PvP in this game. Once we have more warzones where other classes strengths get to shine? it wont be an issue.

Then everyone will reroll powertech tank \o/ charge+pull ftw

Only charge wouldn't work with the ball, and assassins have a pull...which is hilarious, because even in your scenario, the assassin would still be better then the powertech because not only does he have the pull to stop the ball runner, but he has a knockback that the powertech doesn't have.

So you think positioning yourself and removing all possibility of being intercepted is more skillful then actually having to aim the throw and risking it being caught by the opposing team. Nevermind in both cases, you have to have someone in position to throw to.

Great logic on your part.

You're the one that keeps bringing up the word "skill", not me.

See, I accept the fact that every class is unique and has their own toolbox to bring to WZ.

I like that kind of variety. It adds spice to PvP.

I don't play a Sorc, by the way. I'm a Marauder.

Chain pulls are highly annoying in Hutball, i cant lie...

Still, the real issue isnt with this, its the fact that Hutball comprises the vast majority of PvP in this game. Once we have more warzones where other classes strengths get to shine? it wont be an issue.

That might be the case, if force users didn't have the advantage in other warzones as well, It's just not as overwhelming as huttball.

Forcespeed/Marauder Speed is > then pretty much everything else in The Civil War.

Bout the only equal one is Voidstar, and force speed is still useful there, I'd say Snipers had the advantage with dots, but that's being changed though.

You're the one that keeps bringing up the word "skill", not me.

See, I accept the fact that every class is unique and has their own toolbox to bring to WZ.

I like that kind of variety. It adds spice to PvP.

I don't play a Sorc, by the way. I'm a Marauder.

aka.. a force user....

"I accept that every class is unique, and mine just happens to be overpowered in a 2/3 warfronts, but that's fine.. because it adds spice to the game"

Yes... BW would just do away with ranked WZ's to appease people like you. I actually play BM premades vs other BM premades... you just play casual random scrub matches.

Edit: Oh by the way... I don't have to play many Huttball matches. I play on repub on a server with a 5:1 imp ratio. It was 3:1 at the start... I counted literally every player in the guild early access world pre-selection screen. So no... I don't get many Huttball matches at all. When it happens though... worst experience ever. People with absolutely no skill who get destroyed in any other match actually think they are good because they can sprint and pull away a ball carrier nonstop. Yea... such a great map.

Ooooh, you're pub, you should have said so. We never lose to pubs in Huttball cause we play it all day. Thats probably why you don't enjoy it. Roll an Imp and play Huttball all the time, you'll learn to love it or quit PVP.

A. why you comparing your marauder to heal operative? does it have an unbalancing nature on huttball that your marauder does damage and an operative heals? Why not say, compare a sorc to an operative, where the sorc has a knockback and friendly pull with speed.. while the operative has..nothing... *grin*

B. Again, you're comparing something that has nothing to do with huttball, Oh look, Marauders have 4 meter range and powertech's have 10, That has a huge effect on huttball, oh wait.. it doesn't, strawman argument on your part just like the one before it because you couldn't refute the fact force users have better CC effects then the non force users.

C. Again, you're comparing roles of DPS/Healing/Tanking against one another while not looking at actual abilities that have effect on huttball, Guess what.. Sorcs/Mercs/Operatives are all healers, They're not all equal in huttball, One is clearly better then the other 2 by far. Tanks running the ball, You have Powertech's,Assassins/Juggies, again.. one is clearly better then them all, and the Assassin is better then the Powertech. You saying "Well being able to run the ball better then everyone else on the juggernaut is perfectly ok because my Marauder is able to dps, and my operative can heal" is borderline moronic.

D. all classes would be equal, and tanks would be slightly better, but since you can't run a ball as a solo tank across the goal line without support or passing it equals out, plus the fact that other classes can run the ball as well if they're being guarded.

In closing, asking you to be equal to every other class in huttball is rather hilarious, since it'd just be so hard if ya didn't have multiple abilities that favored your class specifically.

A. I'm trying to get you to see how certain classes do certain roles better. My HEAL operative cannot damage as well as my DAMAGE Marauder. Once again: The Operative is the ONLY - may I repeat ONLY class with heals AND stealth. That's what they have.In my opinion, the AGENT (More specifically Operative for mezz, sniper for snares and KB) has the best CC in my opinion. The sorcs must 2 second cast their single 8 sec mezz, snipers have an instant group 8 second mezz. Melee 4 sec stun with only 75% of the cooldown, just FYI. And I thought only 'sins could spec for Pull? Not Sorcs? Correct me if I'm wrong, never rolled a sin... No, the "Unbalance" here is that a damage ____ does more damage than a heal ______ . Just the same, certain classes can ______ better than _____ at ________. Key phrase: "at _______ ."

B. It can have a huge effect on Huttball.

C. That is my example/analogy. In actuality, each class can spec / Advanced Class to get certain tools and utilities that each spec/AC/class doesn't get. May I reiterate: You said multiple times that Force users are better in EVERY RESPECT than non force users. Sniper: Entrench: 20 second CC immunity. (http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/2/4/825ae943-578d-4202-929c-2c2c539fcd01.jpg, for lulz) Done. Want more? Cover = leap immunity. Want more? KB and snare immunity on demand (PT) Want more? Leap and a pull (Pt). Want more? Stealth and heals (Operative) Want more? KB and heals (Merc). Insane low cooldown control (Sniper Need I go on?

D. Yeah but you said they'd be slightly better at running the ball. It is a key core part of the tank role to be able to tank massive damage. It is a key, core part of the Jedi Knight to have a leap. It is a key, core, part of the Operative to have stealth. I'll just say this point blatantly: Certain core parts of classes can do different things. Guardians cant stealth over to the endzone like an operative to get a pass, and even Assassins can't heal themselves and their teammates while doing so.

By saying that a tank requires his teammates to do majorly better (Although you still said tanks would be slightly better at running the Huttball. Slightly =/= equal), you basically want tanks to be better at that role in the game (By game, I mean Huttball, not the game SWTOR). Guess what? 'Sins will be good at supporting the tank, then. Pulls, all of that. Guess what, another class with a pull can pull him back after a sin pulled the Huttball runner. KBs can counter charges. All different classes have different utilities and combinations thereof of said utilities to offer something to the team.

You seem a lot like my dad. Incapable of seeing any reason. I'm sorry, I feel like I'm talking to Cleverbot or some other troll; the responses don't make any sense in respect to what I'm trying to say.