Feb 28th patch notes?

Dawginole

No patch, you got booted because the person in charge of the maint. got asleep and when woke up, 30 seconds before maint time, spammed all the server shutdown notices, in the wrong order, and then proceeded to shutdown the thing right away.

Nothign has happened, biodrones love it when the company makes what it pleases, normal customer have complained a bit, but biodrones drowned them right away.

Edit to add: I was already in bed and warm, but its not a good way to run business.

Edited by Juanxlink

GRRRR! Really? It's not like they advertise the actual PATCHES any more. I just assumed it was 1.1.5...

Bioware REALLY needs a much better way of making this clear.

Um...they do? On the main community page, you see community news first and its right there big letters, Feb 28th maintenance.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

GRRRR! Really? It's not like they advertise the actual PATCHES any more. I just assumed it was 1.1.5...

Bioware REALLY needs a much better way of making this clear.

Um, it's the second post of the community news - big bold message above the forums listings.

It's also a sticky right here on the general forums.

Both of these state whether there is a patch coming live during the stated downtime. How much clearer do they need to get? Automated call to your phone?

Um...they do? On the main community page, you see community news first and its right there big letters, Feb 28th maintenance.

And last week, it said:

Scheduled Maintenance on February 22nd, 2012

Yet it included a patch.

I'm glad you can tell the difference...I can't and obviously the OP can't either.

This:

Scheduled Maintenance: February 28th, 2012

and

Scheduled Maintenance: February 22nd, 2012

Look pretty damn close to me.

Edited by TUXs

maintenance does not imply a patch. the PTS forums are usually a pretty good way to find out when ones coming out.

No...but it is also the only time we've gotten the patches (minus emergency ones). That's why "I" feel it needs to be a bit clearer on Biowareas part.

And please tell me...how do you tell from PTS? 1.1.5 is up there, has been since late last week...maybe a day shorter than any other patch...so...how can you tell?

And last week, it said:

Yet it included a patch.

I'm glad you can tell the difference...I can't and obviously the OP can't either.

This:

and

This week there will be no new patch, but we will be performing regular maintenance on our servers and SWTOR.com.

Taken from the Maintenance post. Just have to utilize your reading skills. Still, making it more visible wouldn't hurt.

• Dev Post

Hi everyone! Sorry to see there's some confusion about the maintenance. Make sure you check out the community blog frequently - we always announce maintenance times there early, and we post a reminder the day before the maintenance.

In our reminder yesterday, we posted "This week there will be no new patch, but we will be performing regular maintenance on our servers and SWTOR.com." We'll continue to update the blog regularly with maintenance info (and we'll work to make sure you know what to expect during that maintenance), so please make sure to check it out!

Who needs patches, the game is perfect in everyway. ;)

The real question is if patch 1.1.5 gets delayed until next week exactly how is Patch 1.2 going to be in March given the amount of testing it will need.

Based on the current schedule I was already anticipating 1.2 happening the first week of April. If that does happen there will be mass suicides on these forums. :rolleyes:

Hi everyone! Sorry to see there's some confusion about the maintenance. Make sure you check out the community blog frequently - we always announce maintenance times there early, and we post a reminder the day before the maintenance.

In our reminder yesterday, we posted "This week there will be no new patch, but we will be performing regular maintenance on our servers and SWTOR.com." We'll continue to update the blog regularly with maintenance info (and we'll work to make sure you know what to expect during that maintenance), so please make sure to check it out!

/thread.

No patch, you got booted because the person in charge of the maint. got asleep and when woke up, 30 seconds before maint time, spammed all the server shutdown notices, in the wrong order, and then proceeded to shutdown the thing right away.

Nothign has happened, biodrones love it when the company makes what it pleases, normal customer have complained a bit, but biodrones drowned them right away.

Edit to add: I was already in bed and warm, but its not a good way to run business.

This is not what happened at all. Ample notice was given along with the friggin post on the forums home page.

I have to assume WOW was the first MMO for a high percentage of folks playing here. It is too bad as this is a well thought out and executed game.

I mean come on, 'what do they do during maintenance?'

And last week, it said:

Yet it included a patch.

This:

and

So it's BioWare's fault that you didn't actually read the post?

This week's maintenance announcement explicitly stated that there would be no patch.

Yes, that's what happened to me. at 2:57am est no announcements had been made in game so I was beginning to think it had been canceled. And then then multiple announcements indicating crazy countdown clocks all popped at once and then about 30 seconds later it went off.

Funny, I thought the same thing when I saw the server messages, that the guy just woke up with 1 minute before server shutdown.

This is not what happened at all. Ample notice was given along with the friggin post on the forums home page.

I have to assume WOW was the first MMO for a high percentage of folks playing here. It is too bad as this is a well thought out and executed game.

I mean come on, 'what do they do during maintenance?'

He's talking about what happened in game. The usual 1hr, 30min, 15min, etc in game warnings never happened. A bunch of warnings popped about 3 min till maint started and then the game went down. Ease up a bit.

It said right in the post that there wouldn't be a patch. simple lrn2read issue.

No, you're right. After 10 listings of time zones it just turns into a block of text for me and I zone out. But it did indeed say in the notes there would be no patch. I just missed it. Thanks for pointing out my error.