Shouldn't DoT's break stealth?

RedOmen

Just a question.

Seems to me they should. Without DoT's breakign stealth there simple is no defense against stealth units. (After confrontation and they run away to go heal).

Shouldn't people know their facts before posting about topics like this? It seems to me they should. Without knowing your facts there's no defense against such affronts to my eyesight and brain (it makes me want to stab my own eyes out).

Just a question.

Seems to me they should. Without DoT's breakign stealth there simple is no defense against stealth units. (After confrontation and they run away to go heal).

they do, op/smugglers have an ability that removes all effects (and they can dispel a fair few, and all if heal specced), shadow/assassins have an ability that does that and provides immunity for 3-5s on top.

They "Should"... however in practice they dont.. ever.

Even classes that have no dot removal or protection from damage in stealth remain stealthed.

Another massive issue is not being able to use AOE to bring people out of stealth..

No matter what class it is, as a reflex I will always AOE the second someone stealths, but it never brings them out.. I put it down to client/server problems.

Stealth is way OP in its current state where no mechanic is reliable enough to counter it.

DoTs do break stealth. You just may not notice it because of the fact that most DoTs don't tick until ~3sec after application.

far more likely your DoTs got cleansed.

The stealthers are almost surely hardwired to hit their dot-clear button before stealth, by reflex.

Umm I'm pretty sure any damage does knock them out of stealth.

However DoT's can be cleansed (operatives can remove tech or physical effects), assassins have an ability that causes them to resist all tech and force damage for a time and the marauder force camo can be talented to make them take 0 damage for the 4s it is active

There may also be other factors that can be used to stealth but those are the ones i can think of off the top of my head

Even classes that have no dot removal or protection from damage in stealth remain stealthed.

Another massive issue is not being able to use AOE to bring people out of stealth..

No matter what class it is, as a reflex I will always AOE the second someone stealths, but it never brings them out.. I put it down to client/server problems.

Stealth is way OP in its current state where no mechanic is reliable enough to counter it.

Not sure if srs?

Both of those things break players out of stealth. Maybe your computer is terrible, you can't land an AOE, or you don't understand DOTs and the ability to remove them.

@OP, DoTs break stealth. Scoundrels/Operatives have a 1 min CD defensive cooldown that clears all DoTs.

@Poster claiming healers can remove all DoTs, learn to play. Tech users clear Tech dots and physical effects. Force users clear Force dots and mental effects.

what class, both 'rogue' classes can remove them, the only thing that can remove a marauder from their short duration stealth is stealth scan.

Edited by Adzzy

@Poster claiming healers can remove all DoTs, learn to play. Tech users clear Tech dots and physical effects. Force users clear Force dots and mental effects.

Healing specs have a talent that adds the other damage type to their dispel list.....

l2play eh?

Marauder has a 4 second vanish that has to be revealed by a bounty hunter or breaks when they deal direct dmg. The dots still deal them damage, they cannot debuff them, unless they spec all the way into annihilation and that gives them 4 seconds of damage immunity when they cloak but does not drop the dots. It will still kill them.

Assassin and Operative have an ability on a 1 minute CD that removes all negative debuffs on them which is usually used right before stealthing.

Yes, learn to play. There is no such talent. It adds PHYSICAL effects to Tech and MENTAL effects to Force. NOT Force or Tech abilities.

you know that mental and force are the same thing right?

Sage's abilities are mental, Sorcerers are force....

Or do you think that force shroud doesn't work on sage force lift because it doesn't say mental? lol

Edited by Adzzy

None of this is true. DoTs break me out of stealth all the time unless I cleanse them and so do AoEs. The people stealthing away from you are smart enough to change their course immediately and, when they can, use cleanse and speed to cover ground quickly.

You trollin...

Yes, learn to play. There is no such talent. It adds PHYSICAL effects to Tech and MENTAL effects to Force. NOT Force or Tech abilities.

You trollin too...

you know that mental and force are the same thing right?

Sage's abilities are mental, Sorcerers are force....

Or do you think that force shroud doesn't work on sage force lift because it doesn't say mental? lol

I know for a fact that my Toxin Scan does not cleanse Sorc/Sage DoTs from hundreds of warzones worth of experience.

far more likely your DoTs got cleansed.

The stealthers are almost surely hardwired to hit their dot-clear button before stealth, by reflex.

^This

It just so happens the dot-clear is on a cooldown thats exactly half or less than half if speced into than our in combat stealth... for sin's at least

go figure :rolleyes:

Oh and doting me before I kill you to keep me from capping doesn't work either ;)

Just a question.

DoT break stealth my friend. I know it because I play as Operative. More to that :p When I was playing Bounty Hunter I saw more than once almost dead Operative or Scoundrel going stealth with DoT effect just to pop up few meters away dead :p

Or just pop up if it was not enough to kill them.

BUT we have skill that allow us to clear up to 2 negative effects. We use it before we go stealth.

As others have said DoTs do in fact work on them when they stealth, but they can easily remove them before they vanish. This is why I love my Explosive Dart on my Powertech and my Sticky Grenade on my Vanguard, they can't cleanse a ticking grenade from their face no matter how hard they try, which is why I always use it just before I predict the enemy to stealth away.

If it somehow fails I always have my Stealth Scan which stuns them for 3 seconds with talents.

Edited by VidarUlv

This thread is why an IQ test should be mandatory before posting on the forum.

DoTs break your cloak

AOE breaks your cloak

An Operative's Toxin Scan removes SOME DoTs prior to cloaking.

As noted, DoTs should, but apparently do not break stealth in the way the designers had in mind. It is not working properly. MAny stealthers readily admit this, but will not post it because it gives them a huge advantage in PvP. Can't blame them really, but it is another fix pending.