Reasons Why I Will Quit Your WZ

Emrakkia

There's all kinds of guides online on how to be a better player. Here's one on Why I Will Quit Your WZ or even better How You Know That You Suck At WZ's:

• You engage in pointless PVP far removed from an objective (this does not apply if your side is dominating and you're just harvesting medals, of course)
  • YOU DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE OR RESPOND TO IN-GAME CHAT
  • You are level 50 and have ANY green or blue gear (not counting relics). If there is more than one player on your PUG like this, leave immediately. It's over.
  • YOU DO NOT ACKNOWEDGE OR RESPOND TO IN-GAME CHAT
  • You use an inefficient, solo strategy (aka, you are not working as part of a larger unit). This is hard to describe, but believe me, I know it when I see it.
  • You come into a battle in progress and do not focus fire an enemy who is already being attacked (you most likely choose that tank over there, at full health, you wretched baddie you).
  • You leave a door/turret unguarded. Unless your side has victory in the bag, there is absolutely no excuse for this.
  • You do not have PVP gear and have been 50 for a while (people will remember playing with you. not having ANY PVP gear is OK if we've never played with you and assume you're a new 50, but if we recognize your name and you're still not buying gear...you don't understand PVP in SWTOR and I don't want you on my team)
  • You wait until an enemy is seconds away from capping the objective you're defending before you say anything in group chat. Even worse, you let an objective be capped w/o saying anything.
  • You do NOT utilize the side-speeders in the Alderaan WZ.
  • You do not understand your role (ranged acting like a melee, etc.)

Of course, there are exceptions to every rule, that goes without saying. Anyways, I'd love to hear your examples of poor player behavior!

Edited by Emrakkia

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I left a WZ today because I already finished my daily and weekly and I was defending the right door by myself and was holding off 3 guys and everyone else went left.. and they planted the bomb on the left door in about 30 seconds into the match...

I didnt feel like waisting time when the other 7 guys on my team couldnt stop 5 clickers.. that quickly.

Edited by Elooie

Anyways, I'd love to hear your examples of poor player behavior!

Theres this guy I know that came to the forums complaining about stuff sounding like hes some elitist or better then the rest which I find pretty appalling.

Anyway, I do not quit games. Whether I join one in progress or am getting steam rolled or have fresh 50 team mates.

You know what I do if I have people that appear to be new to PvP? I.. help them.. get better.. :o

Especially if I see fresh 50s with like 20 valor. I'll even whisper them and tell them to stay close to me and which point to go for first etc.

No offense but people are not obligated to respond to your in-game chat. (Trying not to troll but that's the stupidest thing I've ever read).

People have varying talent levels. Pugs tend to have lesser talented groups as a whole, generally. Learn to accept it or quit the WZ. This I know for sure: no one cares what you do but you.

No offense but people are not obligated to respond to your in-game chat. (Trying not to troll but that's the stupidest thing I've ever read).

People have varying talent levels. Pugs tend to have lesser talented groups as a whole, generally. Learn to accept it or quit the WZ. This I know for sure: no one cares what you do but you.

People who lack PVP skill or who are a bit undergeared can be borderline acceptable.

People who cannot be arsed to even type "inc west" in chat are not acceptable.

If you are so lazy that you cannot even type a few letters into chat to help the team, you should not queue warzones and should likely not be playing a MMO.

Edited by Redmarx

People who lack PVP skill or who are a bit undergeared can be borderline acceptable.

If you are so lazy that you cannot even type a few letters into chat to help the team, you should not queue warzones and should likely not be playing a MMO.

Yea, this I agree with.

I'll take the dude in Greens who understands how to call out incoming and numbers over the geared dude who only wants to simulate BOOM HEADSHOTS any day.

No, calling out INC when they are already 5 seconds into capping the node doesn't count. :p

-edit-

I don't leave Warzones though, I'm stubborn and stick with them till they end.

Edited by Fordel

There's all kinds of guides online on how to be a better player. Here's one on Why I Will Quit Your WZ or even better How You Know That You Suck At WZ's:

• You engage in pointless PVP far removed from an objective (this does not apply if your side is dominating and you're just harvesting medals, of course)
  • You are level 50 and have ANY green or blue gear (not counting relics). If there is more than one player on your PUG like this, leave immediately. It's over.
  • You use an inefficient, solo strategy (aka, you are not working as part of a larger unit). This is hard to describe, but believe me, I know it when I see it.
  • You come into a battle in progress and do not focus fire an enemy who is already being attacked (you most likely choose that tank over there, at full health, you wretched baddie you).
  • You leave a door/turret unguarded. Unless your side has victory in the bag, there is absolutely no excuse for this.
  • You do not have PVP gear and have been 50 for a while (people will remember playing with you. not having ANY PVP gear is OK if we've never played with you and assume you're a new 50, but if we recognize your name and you're still not buying gear...you don't understand PVP in SWTOR and I don't want you on my team)
  • You wait until an enemy is seconds away from capping the objective you're defending before you say anything in group chat. Even worse, you let an objective be capped w/o saying anything.

Of course, there are exceptions to every rule, that goes without saying. Anyways, I'd love to hear your examples of poor player behavior!

Wild guess here, but I imagine the reason people do not respond to your in game chat is because you are such an elitist a-hole to everyone so they put you on ignore.

Lol....that was a rant. Feel better big guy? You do have a point with some. I hate spamming "inc west 2....inc west 3. help west" over and over. You want D, then play D. it know it makes you look like a nub at the end of a game, but problem solved. you dont want to have to deal with dumb players? Get a premade going. thats solves it

No, calling out INC when they are already 5 seconds into capping the node doesn't count. :p

I completely agree, but sometimes you are guarding a turret alone, and 2 stealth uncloak on either side of you (despite constant stealth-scanning). Even if you do manage to stay alive long enough to send a message - "kleft 2 incc!!" - the turret is probably lost. Annoying to still be blamed for not calling INC when that happens lol.

But yes; this game needs forced speechbobbles from the team leader prior to warzone start, and if people still ignore the stategy well....!

Sorry, but being a Healer sometimes I get pulled away from the objective, or get knocked far away from said objective. But you know what? They are trying to kill me and I've at times managed to tie up enough people just long enough... far away from the objective so that someone from my team can control the turret or plant the bomb or run away with the Huttball.

In the above, I am furiously trying to keep myself alive as well as get into a position to heal someone else OR get back to help. When I'm doing that, I don't have TIME to stop and engage in chat. Not even a HELP!

Sorry, but I didn't level to 50 solely by PvPing. When I did hit 50, I had ZERO pvp gear and only a smattering of Warzone Commendations / low Valor rank. But I tried. I tried to contribute. I tried to make a difference and I ground out to the point where everything I wear except my Lightsaber is from a PvP vendor. And you know what? I ground it out on LOSSES because people saw my lack of gear, made some kind of snide comment, and then left the WZ.

I don't leave doors or turrets, but others do and I'm a healer. Even when I speak up in chat asking... begging... for someone to come guard with me... I get silence, and then the 3 Jedi Shadows pop up and I'm dead before I can even say GAH!

I'll point to the above statement about grinding gear born on the back of LOSSES. Losing all the time does not make getting gear easy or fast. Nor does it help that people rage-quit or assign MVP awards to buddies or the highest DPS'er in the match. Yea, thanks guys. We won. I threw 350k healing and turned the tide and topped the charts by at least 100k... Thanks for the ZERO mvp awards. Appreciate it. Really.

There are other gripes that I have, like people guarding / protecting DPS'ers.... /boggles, but whatever. I'll just keep on keeping on. Limping to the pvp vendor every so often when I have enough commendations to convert to mercenary commendations. I'll probably get into Battlemaster gear by... August. Maybe.

so true

Sorry, but being a Healer sometimes I get pulled away from the objective, or get knocked far away from said objective. But you know what? They are trying to kill me and I've at times managed to tie up enough people just long enough... far away from the objective so that someone from my team can control the turret or plant the bomb or run away with the Huttball.

In the above, I am furiously trying to keep myself alive as well as get into a position to heal someone else OR get back to help. When I'm doing that, I don't have TIME to stop and engage in chat. Not even a HELP!

Sorry, but I didn't level to 50 solely by PvPing. When I did hit 50, I had ZERO pvp gear and only a smattering of Warzone Commendations / low Valor rank. But I tried. I tried to contribute. I tried to make a difference and I ground out to the point where everything I wear except my Lightsaber is from a PvP vendor. And you know what? I ground it out on LOSSES because people saw my lack of gear, made some kind of snide comment, and then left the WZ.

I don't leave doors or turrets, but others do and I'm a healer. Even when I speak up in chat asking... begging... for someone to come guard with me... I get silence, and then the 3 Jedi Shadows pop up and I'm dead before I can even say GAH!

I'll point to the above statement about grinding gear born on the back of LOSSES. Losing all the time does not make getting gear easy or fast. Nor does it help that people rage-quit or assign MVP awards to buddies or the highest DPS'er in the match. Yea, thanks guys. We won. I threw 350k healing and turned the tide and topped the charts by at least 100k... Thanks for the ZERO mvp awards. Appreciate it. Really.

There are other gripes that I have, like people guarding / protecting DPS'ers.... /boggles, but whatever. I'll just keep on keeping on. Limping to the pvp vendor every so often when I have enough commendations to convert to mercenary commendations. I'll probably get into Battlemaster gear by... August. Maybe.

You have my sympathy. Healer is the one role I can't bring myself to play in pug pvp. It's just too frustrating and even moreso than a tank, it's really all about making sure your team wins unless you're just going along as pocket heals.

He speaks the truth.. and everyone angry at this thread knows its the truth..!!

dont get mad bcoz he pointed out stuff that dumb pvpers do..

if you do any of the things on his list.. then cry all you want.

Truth? Hardly. It's more like he put his foot in his mouth.