Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Class imbalance will make me unsub after this month

XxPetexX

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I officially had it today witht he class imbalance.

Specifically Assasins and Operatives.

It's a joke

Learn to play good sir, learn to play.

The only possible imbalances in this game are Merc/commando healer durability and sorc hybrid spec shenanigans neither of which is really that bad and both can be dealt with with a good team.

This MMO has BY FAR the most balanced classes in PvP. No other MMO comes close, really, not at any point in time has any MMO had classes this close to balanced.

The WZs, however, heavily favor different classes (except alderaan), huttball is all about mobility (force users, tank spec PT/VG) and Voidstar is all about range and AE.

Learn to play good sir, learn to play.

The only possible imbalances in this game are Merc/commando healer durability and sorc hybrid spec shenanigans neither of which is really that bad and both can be dealt with with a good team.

This MMO has BY FAR the most balanced classes in PvP. No other MMO comes close, really, not at any point in time has any MMO had classes this close to balanced.

The WZs, however, heavily favor different classes (except alderaan), huttball is all about mobility (force users, tank spec PT/VG) and Voidstar is all about range and AE.

This, although I wouldn't say heavily favor certain classes.

Yeah man those unbalanced classes are the worst, not the terrible game engine that looks like it's from 2006 and runs like its from 2016... Or the poor designed worlds that feel lifeless... Or the jumboclustervomit crafting.. Or Ilum..

Class balance is the least of this games problems, noticed how everyone crys about every class being unbalanced?

Edited by Solehn

well i dont know what kind of craziness sith players have, but as a trooper i have 1 1minute stun, 1 4 second stun, and 1 stun break. the 1 minute stun and the stun break have cool downs of 2 minutes each. the 4 second stun is 60 seconds CD. i ran into a sith guy 1 on 1. he stunned me and i broke it. then he stunned me again and i just took the damage. then he stunned me again. and again. he used 4 stuns in less than 2 minutes. you guys need to either have less duration per each stun, or longer cool downs cause its not too exciting to watch yourself get stunned over and over again.

This MMO has BY FAR the most balanced classes in PvP. No other MMO comes close, really, not at any point in time has any MMO had classes this close to balanced. .

This. By far this game has the best class balance I've seen in my mmo gaming history.

Yeah man those unbalanced classes are the worst, not the terrible game engine that looks like it's from 2006 and runs like its from 2016... Or the poor designed worlds that feel lifeless... Or the jumboclustervomit crafting.. Or Ilum..

Class balance is the least of this games problems, noticed how everyone crys about every class being unbalanced?

People whine about everything. People whine about sorcs/sages because their lightning/rocks, bubbles and healing are annoying. People whine about mers/commandos because the 1 button heroes are annoying. People whined about Ops because being stunned and 3 shotted was annoying.

But now many people realize that those classes are only annoying and aren't OP like assassins and marauders are. If you still play this game when ranked WZs come out, get ready for the biggest whine fest you have ever seen about those two classes.

Ya.

Juggs are OP with their huge smashes and tanking.

Mara are OP with their huge damage and mobility and heal debuff and defensive CDs.

Mercs are OP with loltracer, heavy armour healing.

PT are OP with pyro burst and tanking.

Ops are OP with stuns, stealth, healing and huge burst.

Snipers are OP with defensive ability, big burst, CC immunity.

Assassion are OP with sprint, stealth, tanking and big damage.

Sorcs are OP with ranged high constant dps, healing, shields and support abilities like CC.

I hate playing any of the other classes that aren't OP.

Id say classes are pretty balanced in SWTOR. Marauder is faily high on the skillcap ranks but if played well they are prob more OP than asasins and ops but ive not come across any skilled maras yet. I have a 50 sorcerer, 36 marauder and a 19 operative. So far for me sorcerer is by far the easiest class to play which in my book makes it the most OP, but i guess its my playstyle. Theres not really any OP classes here. Its the person controlling the class thats OP. OPeratives do massive burst on thier opener but after that they are fairly weak. After opener operative requires a bit more control and timing to win the fight, not easy sometimes but is very doable.

If you think SWTOR is imbalanced, try WOWs pvp, atm its shot to bits, Lol theres simply no comparison.

SWTOR. Is BY FAR the most balanced pvp experience ive ever seen in an MMO. Just a pitty the game has so many pvp annoyances. Slow camera snap, and tab targeting is freaking horrid.

Did I just see someone say Maras are OP? Now I gotta clean the beer off my monitor cause i spewed it out my nose from laughing. Have played all 4 core classes and 6 AC's total, Mara is the only one that I felt like a total gimp untill lvl 50. There is some balance for you.

well i dont know what kind of craziness sith players have, but as a trooper i have 1 1minute stun, 1 4 second stun, and 1 stun break. the 1 minute stun and the stun break have cool downs of 2 minutes each. the 4 second stun is 60 seconds CD. i ran into a sith guy 1 on 1. he stunned me and i broke it. then he stunned me again and i just took the damage. then he stunned me again. and again. he used 4 stuns in less than 2 minutes. you guys need to either have less duration per each stun, or longer cool downs cause its not too exciting to watch yourself get stunned over and over again.

impossible. I play an assassin we have 1 opener stun which is 2 seconds i believe and we have to be in stealth, then we have 1 4 second stun.

Did I just see someone say Maras are OP? Now I gotta clean the beer off my monitor cause i spewed it out my nose from laughing. Have played all 4 core classes and 6 AC's total, Mara is the only one that I felt like a total gimp untill lvl 50. There is some balance for you.

I felt like a total gimp untill lvl 50

Who cares about level 50, right?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.