No Social Points for PVP? why?

Rootez

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure about PvP itself, but you should definitely get say... 15 social points for picking an MVP and 40 for receiving MVP.

If you've gotten the attention of your fellow TEAMMATES enough for them to congratulate you on contributing well to the team I see no reason why that isn't social.

Plus it's two birds, one stone. It encourages more people to pick an MVP before they leave and who could be against that?

Edited by Ashyel

so you want character dialogue in your warzones?

No. I think activities that involve a group of people working TOGETHER to achieve a goal, like beating a boss in an Ops or PvPing and hitting your daily 3 WZ wins or 30 kills, should award social points.

No. I think activities that involve a group of people working TOGETHER to achieve a goal, like beating a boss in an Ops or PvPing and hitting your daily 3 WZ wins or 30 kills, should award social points.

But they don't. As implemented now the ONLY way to get social is for character dialogue. The question in the title asks why there are no social points for pvp. That is why. It's the same reason there's no social for ops.

Edited by iceperson

Hihihi. Naturally all the 15 players on their umpteenth warzone of the day need to wait for the player who wants to watch the animations through. I could imagine some sort of revolt if this went through ;)

But they don't. As implemented now the ONLY way to get social is for character dialogue. The question in the title asks why there are no social points for pvp. That is why. It's the same reason there's no social for ops.

That doesn't mean they shouldn't be awarded for both.

I'm a PVPer I don't do run Hardmode Flashpoints or do any other PVE, I've been there done that got the T-shirt it other MMO's, however it seems to get my social rank up to be able to buy some of the cool stuff I have to do PVE? why is this BW? I get the point its to encurage people to play the game together but is running WZ and queing with others not considered social in this game?

Social points are for dialog scenes with other players... there's no simpler reason than that.

You don't have to do PvE... unless you want the PvE gear. Just like I don't have to do PvP... unless I want the PvP rewards from doing so.

Nothing is forced, and it's all within your reach. Stop complaining and start grouping.

OK...?!

You're the only one suggesting that Social points must be tied to dialogue. Nobody else has.

i'm not suggesting anything at all. just stating that social points ARE tied to character dialogue. that's just the way it is. it has NOTHING to do with pvp, or ops, or...

If you want to change that there are threads here discussing it. This thread however is specifically about why there are no social for pvp. There's also no social for ops, crafting, talking in general, guild chat, etc... do we need a hundred posts stating "No social points for X? why?" I'd hope not.

While we are at it, couldnt we just get the ****n perk that people get for doing pve quest in pvp already.

I dont like missing that much of the game cause i dont pve. I had to pve to get my ship.. given that it was a fairly short time still i already had enough, now i just want to pvp. But i am missing a ton of stuff like companion ( which helps you craft and get you money), social, perma +stat and a ton of other stuff.

While we are at it, couldnt we just get the ****n perk that people get for doing pve quest in pvp already.

I dont like missing that much of the game cause i dont pve. I had to pve to get my ship.. given that it was a fairly short time still i already had enough, now i just want to pvp. But i am missing a ton of stuff like companion ( which helps you craft and get you money), social, perma +stat and a ton of other stuff.

You are missing out on those things because that is what you CHOSE, so you can blame yourself only.

Everything is available to everyone in this game, the fact that you don't want to do anything besides PvP is your problem alone.

Edited by Vlacke

i'm not suggesting anything at all. just stating that social points ARE tied to character dialogue. that's just the way it is. it has NOTHING to do with pvp, or ops, or...

If you want to change that there are threads here discussing it. This thread however is specifically about why there are no social for pvp. There's also no social for ops, crafting, talking in general, guild chat, etc... do we need a hundred posts stating "No social points for X? why?" I'd hope not.

You did though. You suggested that cut scenes were needed to award social points.

I simply agree with the OP that the lack of Social points via PvP is something that needs to be changed. I think developers tend to overlook just how social PvP can be.

You are missing out on those things because that is what you CHOSE, so you can blame yourself only.

Everything is available to everyone in this game, the fact that you don't want to do anything besides PvP is your problem alone.

i shouldnt be penalized for what i want to do.

If you want to reopen the discussion, let's start with introducing repair bills to PvP. Shall we continue with the homogenization of the two?

Both involve combat that presumably damages gear. Why doesn't PvP also have a repair bill?

Still waiting for a response for those in favor of receiving Social Points for PvPing.

Edited by IIII-IIII-IIII

Still waiting for a response for those in favor of receiving Social Points for PvPing.

Why? You're off topic and trolling. Social points have nothing to do with armor repair.

If you want to debate this in your own thread, please start it and I'll be pleased to reply.

nah but we could unlock them thru pvp instead.

i dont want anything for nothing

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe as the system is right now:

Social points= doing PvE quests with people.

Valor points= doing PvP operations with people.

It's a seperate system each designed to award for only one type of gameplay. Should they award Valor points to those who do regular quests?