Been Battlemaster for 3 weeks and

Misinformed

I still have not gotten one battlemaster commendation. I both pvp dailies and both the weekly's religiously. I may have missed 1 or 2 in 3 weeks and im yet to get a battlemaster commendation. the 25% drop rate is bullsh*t. I bet ive opened 25 bags and ive yet to get a single *********** battlemaster commendation, not 1.

Let me see if the math is making sense.

25*.25 = 6.25

Im at a big *********** fat goose egg.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats RNG?

rng = random number generator

every time you open a BM bag the server rolls you a RNG between 1 and 100.

if you roll a 1-75 you get nothing, but if you roll a 76-100 you get a token.

fail system is fail because it's based on luck/chance not skill

Basically every single time you open a BM bag you have a 75% chance of getting nothing

Edited by Evuke

is that RNG mine and mine only or is it based on the last number of people that got bags and opened them.

And why the **** do my odds not increase after ive opened 10 damn bags with nothing to keep.

it's not based on anything, it keeps no history, it doesn't care that you've got nothing in the past from 50 bags!

It's a very simple system - every single time you open a bag you have a 75% chance of NOT getting a token.

it's pure win

really what they should have made is a system that did keep a history, the first bag is 10% chance, then 20%, then 30%, then 40%, then 50%, all the way up to 100%. So at the very least every 10 bags you get a commendation.

Edited by Evuke

Why not just roll 1-4?

100 is the base number for percentages, which is basic math. People break things down easier when it's based on 100.

eg. You could tell them that they're rolling 1-375 for no commendation, and 376-500 to gain one, but that's just being annoying.

Let me see if the math is making sense.

25*.25 = 6.25

I doubt that math is making sense, because it's wrong in every possible way.

What you're looking for is .75^25 i.e. the chance of not getting a bag (75%) 25 times in succession (^25).

RNG does not smile upon people who do not understand it.

What you're looking for is .75^25 i.e. the chance of not getting a bag (75%) 25 times in succession (^25).

25*.25 would give you the average number of commendations obtained over 25 tries, which is a reasonable calculation to make in this situation. Honestly your calculation is hardly even helpful to the point he's making.

You're just splitting hairs for the sake of being a math snob.

At the OP, bad RNG is bad RNG. If you don't like RNG loot perhaps MMOs are not for you? I got an 0/20 BM bag streak but you don't see me ************.

Edited by Danyl

Your odds of opening 25 bags and getting no BM comm if the percent droprate is 25 percent is approximately .075 percent. Not 7.5 percent. .075 percent. Or 7.5 in 10000. Or 1 in 1334.

I had some similar bad luck recently. Not sure what the deal is but it could just be bad luck and it might even out over time. I've had lucky streaks too of 3 comms in 4 bags.

Your odds of opening 25 bags and getting no BM comm if the percent droprate is 25 percent is approximately .075 percent. Not 7.5 percent. .075 percent. Or 7.5 in 10000. Or 1 in 1334.

I had some similar bad luck recently. Not sure what the deal is but it could just be bad luck and it might even out over time. I've had lucky streaks too of 3 comms in 4 bags.

.75^25=.075%

What are you trying to say, exactly?

i've gotten 7 in my last 8 bags, and i've been giving my companions bm light sabers and armor....atm i'm decking Xalek out in full dps gear for use with a presence stim for pokemon battles....

And it took me a week to get the last token to complete my bm set a few weeks back.

Such is rng.

Edited by Adzzy