Is SWTOR dying?

Turlinde

Is SWTOR dying? Ques are longer and longer. So many of the good players that I levelled with never log in anymore it seems. Republic fleet on mt server used to have over 100 toons at off hours, and now its mainly 20-30. My server Helm of Garush was one of the top 5 population servers at one point. Now it seems more and more like a Ghostown.

What's going on?

nope not even close

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going good to me, not sure what timezone/server timezone your in, and lets not forget its still new, so the up and down process which is always going on, is going to be more noticeable, but we dont know if they're gaining more than losing. IMO i'd say they are definetly gaining, even though the forums are full of QQer's who come on here to rage(lets face it, most of these threads would not have been made if people would have just taken some time to defuse after they got pissed off at something in the game). Meanwhile the other 90% which consists of non-haters is-guess what?-enjoying the game. I don't know why I come on the forums to show QQer's the error of their ways..

And ladies and gentlemen we have this thing called COMMON SENSE, learn from this person, tho i doubt you will...

Going good to me, not sure what timezone/server timezone your in, and lets not forget its still new, so the up and down process which is always going on, is going to be more noticeable, but we dont know if they're gaining more than losing. IMO i'd say they are definetly gaining, even though the forums are full of QQer's who come on here to rage(lets face it, most of these threads would not have been made if people would have just taken some time to defuse after they got pissed off at something in the game). Meanwhile the other 90% which consists of non-haters is-guess what?-enjoying the game. I don't know why I come on the forums to show QQer's the error of their ways..

show me the ways... there weren't enough players on Ilum at 10 pm server time to complete heroic 4 man quests and my server isn't low pop.

You can't fix 3 people on the 'end game pvp' planet.

You played tera and praise it? rofl um ok, and GW2? ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nuff said

Darn right I'll praise Tera for what I have seen it do right, so far. The combat system is excellent, imo. Fantastic fluid animations, sound effects, and combos make it more engaging then simply clicking buttons and abilities at random through a clunky interface like ToR's.

The interface was smooth and responsive and I experienced no lag what-so-ever and this is in the games beta. I got to partake in a little open world pvp between guilds (probably 20v20) and there was no lag and the frames didn't drop. (not surprised as it's using the proven Unreal engine)

Haven't experienced first hand what the game offers as far as end game, PvP, BG's, Arena, etc. but I do know they've gotten the simple fundamentals of combat right.

Show me data that says they're gaining. So far all the data linked in this thread says it is dying. Logically speaking, this game is awful. It's another generic WoW clone that isn't even as good as WoW. People like you tried to defend Rift, WAR and Aion, look how those clones turned out.

Edited by dschlan

My server still regularly sees 20-48 people in Huttball, and about 1/3 that in other WZs in the sub-50 bracket. So...40-100 people PvPing sub-50 depending on playtime. The game is far from dying on some servers.

But in the end, a casual game is going to be easily played through by the harder-core players. Maybe they come back for a patch and 1.2 will cause an uptick in # of people online for a while. How long they stay depends on how good the patch is.

WoW keeps people subbed by releasing new Raid content and gear improvements every month or two. But a gear treadmill is not for everyone.

nope not even close

I don't know what your server is. But i am in the most populated european server (tomb of freedon nadd). We had on republic fleet a month ago around 400 players on primetime, now it's around 100. You can say (it's because people is doing other things blabla). People were doing other things a month ago, now most people are just logging to queue for warzones, finish their daily and log out. Even Ilum, which used to have 5 instances running, all of them full is now left to 1 full, and a 2 which is quite empty.

So, maybe i am wrong and suddenly the most populated EU server is the only one which suffered a massive lose of players (and that means, surely 3 of each 4 players).

That doesn't mean the game is dead, but doesn't mean it's alive when there are a lot of servers which are ghost towns and need to be merged ASAP.

Edited by Keldaur

I don't know what your server is. But i am in the most populated european server (tomb of freedon nadd). We had on republic fleet a month ago around 400 players on primetime, now it's around 100. You can say (it's because people is doing other things blabla). People were doing other things a month ago, now most people are just logging to queue for warzones, finish their daily and log out. Even Ilum, which used to have 5 instances running, all of them full is now left to 1 full, and a 2 which is quite empty.

So, maybe i am wrong and suddenly the most populated EU server is the only one which suffered a massive lose of players (and that means, surely 3 of each 4 players).

That doesn't mean the game is dead, but doesn't mean it's alive when there are a lot of servers which are ghost towns and need to be merged ASAP.

This.

It's pathetic that we are in the beginning of month three and server merges are already looming.

Edited by Celebrus

This.

It's pathetic that we are in the beginning of month three and server merges are already looming.

Pathetic cause they want to expand us to new options? better times? oh heaven forbid they do that! shame on them...

Took so many other MMO"s along time to do this even with ppl wanting them after they launched but ya BAD BIOWARE for doing this, shame shame...

On that note of logic this thread is over...Beyond...

Pathetic cause they want to expand us to new options? better times? oh heaven forbid they do that! shame on them...

Took so many other MMO"s along time to do this even with ppl wanting them after they launched but ya BAD BIOWARE for doing this, shame shame...

On that note of logic this thread is over...Beyond...

Rofl.

Server merges = dying game.

If they merge servers, it will be the only proof needed that ToR is circling the drain, you wont need investor reports, you wont need to see hard population numbers.

If they merge servers, the game is dying.

Hello everyone,

This is a heads up that we recently had to remove numerous posts from this thread. As a reminder to everyone, please remember the following:

• Insults - Please do not resort to or use them in any way in your posts. Posts should be productive, not destructive.
  • Disruptive Behavior - Please do not post messages that are purposefully designed to provoke, antagonize, or otherwise elicit a negative emotional response.
  • Agree to Disagree - Be respectful of others' viewpoints even if they are opposite of your own. Discuss disagreements constructively.
  • Flag, Don't Fight - Utilize the Flag Post feature to report possible rules violations, rather than responding to or fighting them.
  • Ignoring - If you feel you simply cannot get along with another community member, please place them on your ignore list.

Thank you!

Rofl.

Server merges = dying game.

If they merge servers, it will be the only proof needed that ToR is circling the drain, you wont need investor reports, you wont need to see hard population numbers.

If they merge servers, the game is dying.

Merging Servers doesn't indicate a dying game. Lmfao at this foolish thinking by celebrus.

Hello everyone,

This is a heads up that we recently had to remove numerous posts from this thread. As a reminder to everyone, please remember the following:

• Insults - Please do not resort to or use them in any way in your posts. Posts should be productive, not destructive.
  • Disruptive Behavior - Please do not post messages that are purposefully designed to provoke, antagonize, or otherwise elicit a negative emotional response.
  • Agree to Disagree - Be respectful of others' viewpoints even if they are opposite of your own. Discuss disagreements constructively.
  • Flag, Don't Fight - Utilize the Flag Post feature to report possible rules violations, rather than responding to or fighting them.
  • Ignoring - If you feel you simply cannot get along with another community member, please place them on your ignore list.

Thank you!

Please stay on topic.

If the game is losing subscriptions then a server merge is actually the best option to stop that trend... if that is what's happening, which I'm not saying is, because my server has actually gained population if anything...

If the game is losing subscriptions then a server merge is actually the best option to stop that trend... if that is what's happening, which I'm not saying is, because my server has actually gained population if anything...

Merging servers won't stop it. It's not the people leaving that made people quit, it's the low quality of an overhyped game that really does nothing special.

I have just loged into Tomb of Freedon Nadd. It is 23.50 in Poland now. 194 players on the Republic Fleet, and this is not a peak time. So, either your definition of primetime is way different than mine or you are straight lying.

Is this less than 400? Yes it is. But I dont know if it was 400 in the first place, and as I said, 23.50, monday evening is not a primetime, server load is heavy, during weekend I saw it reached full at least once.