Is SWTOR dying?

Turlinde

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I felt like quitting many times too.

Yes, exactly this. This game gives me so many reasons where i think i should quit like no other game ever before.

I've already been unsubscribed for more than 30 days. Have to mention that the main reason for this are the extremely performance problems i have in warzones and my main reason to play this game was PVP. But also many other problems i'm tired of talking about.

The game for itself is not that bad. I like it, but it simply offers nothing special. When i heard the news about TOR the last 2-3 years i thought this game will be fantastic and innovative and a mmo revolution. But it's just not the game i have awaited... if anything better comes out, i'll switch.

Of course the population is dropping (contrary to what the 2008/2009 fanbois will tell you), and when gw2/tera/secret world/d3/etc are out and it will plummet even further.

you'd have to be brain dead to not notice the population decreasing:

- server queues are gone

- most servers are light/std now instead of full/very heavy

- fleets are <150 players now instead of 230+

- wz queues taking longer to pop

- fp groups harder to find

- less items on markets

- most friends in the friends list are "offline"

- where have all out guildies gone?

- etc

If they actually had 2 million subscribers just after launch when all the servers had queues and we had 230+ on the fleet in prime times i'd say it's pretty obvious we've already lost at least 1/3 of those 2 million subscribers, probably closer to half.

the ea quarterly shareholder statement in may will reveal the truth, they can't lie in that.

On what server do fleet have 150 players? We have about 15-20 on average.

Game dying.. Yes. When newer titles appear the subscriptionloss will be unrecoverable. All that will remain is a fanboi hardcore. Storyline through leveling not too bad. Endgame and PvP, not given ANY thought. Ilum is the single worst PvP experience I have had in any game to date.

Edited by Niconogood

That's because they would have included all of it at launch.

Most fictional statement in this thread. Bravo.

EVERY MMO LAUNCHES HALF FINISHED.

WAR? Missing crap (endgame especially)

AoC? Missing crap (endgame especially)

Aion AT LAUNCH? buggy mess of a korean grinder missing 80% of the content

Etc etc.

Sorry, but you're just comparing this whether conciously or subconciously to an MMO that has been out 7+ years rather than how it was AT LAUNCH. :rolleyes:

"EVERY MMO LAUNCHES HALF FINISHED."

Rift was the best launch of an MMO I have seen EVER. Hard to say it is Half finished.

SWTOR is dying. It is on life support. But someone needs to be considering pulling the plug. Unsubbed and not planning on looking back.

Edited by oneheartway

its still far to early in the games life to say.

just rolled a rep on my server and no tyhon alone there is 54 online right now. and the imperial fleet on friday night had two instances runnning there was that many online. maybee time bioware looked at consolidating servers (sorry for spelling errors. cba correcting them as im on phone)

Of course the population is dropping (contrary to what the 2008/2009 fanbois will tell you), and when gw2/tera/secret world/d3/etc are out and it will plummet even further.

you'd have to be brain dead to not notice the population decreasing:

- server queues are gone

- most servers are light/std now instead of full/very heavy

- fleets are <150 players now instead of 230+

- wz queues taking longer to pop

- fp groups harder to find

- less items on markets

- most friends in the friends list are "offline"

- where have all out guildies gone?

- etc

If they actually had 2 million subscribers just after launch when all the servers had queues and we had 230+ on the fleet in prime times i'd say it's pretty obvious we've already lost at least 1/3 of those 2 million subscribers, probably closer to half.

the ea quarterly shareholder statement in may will reveal the truth, they can't lie in that.

Actually the population is large and steady. When a game launches or a new expansion comes out people play a lot more. For a new game this means 2-3x as much over the first month or so.

This means even if the player base didn't lose a single player it would seek like half the players left. This has been proven throughout the history of mmogs.

Also 1.2 is one of the best early patches for any mmog I have seen and I think it will kick up the average playtime.

Swtor had the most successful mmog launch in north American history and continues to break the records for second month and third month populations.

Yes the game does seem less active, on most servers, seems every week the fleet numbers drop, hell on my server, I'm lucky to see 60 ppl on the fleet, on fri, or sat night prime time, eastern time. They might have 1.7 million subs, or w/e, but it doesn't seem like anyone is really logged in or playing. Edited by Dego_Locc

Actually the population is large and steady. When a game launches or a new expansion comes out people play a lot more. For a new game this means 2-3x as much over the first month or so.

This means even if the player base didn't lose a single player it would seek like half the players left. This has been proven throughout the history of mmogs.

Also 1.2 is one of the best early patches for any mmog I have seen and I think it will kick up the average playtime.

Swtor had the most successful mmog launch in north American history and continues to break the records for second month and third month populations.

The only reason this game has done as well as it has thus far is because it's Star Wars. If it was "Random Sci-Fi MMO Number 23415 by Bioware" it would have tanked already. As far as totally new games, I'd agree with previous posters and say Rift had a much better showing.

I play on a PvP realm and figured everyone was waiting on 1.2 or was leveling. The reason I say there waiting for 1.2 is because of the new gear set ect. The other thing is they might be leveling alts to try to get as many to 50 as they can.

From what I read they are selling chamion equivalant pvp gear for credits in 1.2 to help people bridge the gear gap better. BM gear is only a little bit better than Champion so I didnt feel like it was worth the time investment to farm the BM gear till patch and since Champion is being sold for credits in 1.2 that will be a waste of time to farm also.

So if you PvP your time is probably best spent till patch lvling alts so you can gear em out when champ equivalant gear comes. Once rated WZ's come and some of this other stuff I think we will see people come back or appear from their alts.

The only reason this game has done as well as it has thus far is because it's Star Wars. If it was "Random Sci-Fi MMO Number 23415 by Bioware" it would have tanked already. As far as totally new games, I'd agree with previous posters and say Rift had a much better showing.

Agreed, and I love star wars, but this game is lacking content, even for an MMO vanilla launch.

There are way to many us servers. The server we are on went from 100 players on fleet down to 30 on average. I went on other planets at peak times to see if they were populated and nope. A few good guilds have already left our server to go to something more populated.

It's certainly not growing....

Hum well i agree to this.

My server population only goes down and ic less and less of the old players on.

This game never had the need for the amount of servers it created , the player base is not going to grown so much , they just should begin the damm server merges and it would get ... less apparent.

If a game like STO can do okay for 2 years on a pay to play model with a much smaller dev company behind it, (30 employees) and much less money backing it then TOR has nothing to worry about.

Not to mention, SWTOR is almost superior in every conceivable way to STO even in its current form. STO has a significant lack of content on the federation side and feels very much like a grind even with the large decrease in XP to level. The Klingons are still only half built as a faction even after 2 years of development and are still very grindy and both factions are suffering from a lack of end game content.

I think a very understated problem with SWTOR is the lack of a trial. They say when running a store getting them in the front door is half the battle. BW are currently charging people 40-50 euro just for people to TRY to see if they like the game, which I think is a significant deterrent in getting new players.

merge servers

fix ilum

add more wz's, 3 maps is pathetic by anyone's standards.

ok im going to go ahead and say that i am a bioware and SW FANBOI out the wazooh.

BUT

the above quote is the TRUTH.

think about multi player games, there is at least 8 multi player maps at launch, AT LEAST EIGHT. we got three, that got boring in beta.

merge servers! yes please

and idk whats wrong with ilum but Eyuke seems to know what he's talking about.

they need server mergers there was no need for 100 servers...never is..

In their arrogance they thought they could fill all the servers with players and now when they were proven wrong their pride wont let them admit it. faith in their game misplaced maybe