Is SWTOR dying?

Turlinde

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is SWTOR dying? Ques are longer and longer. So many of the good players that I levelled with never log in anymore it seems. Republic fleet on mt server used to have over 100 toons at off hours, and now its mainly 20-30. My server Helm of Garush was one of the top 5 population servers at one point. Now it seems more and more like a Ghostown.

What's going on?

I play on the largest EU server and I have noticed the same thing.

Sky still falling? Game still going f2p next week? Every server empty?

Guarantee if they're still around 2 million subs next year, people will still be saying this game'll fail next week.

Well, good luck haters! And keep hanging around here telling us how fail the game is, since your life is devoid of anything better than slamming a game you hate.

forget the quitters, yes there is imbalances etc. Lets talk MERGES

This is what needs to happen. The sooner the better. From the Stress Tests in November they know what a server can handle and what the optimum range is. We definitely don't need 60+ servers.

Not like there is player housing or cities to worry about, most people wouldn't even notice/care if all their toons were moved to a different server to be honest. As long as entire servers are moved together.

Sky still falling? Game still going f2p next week? Every server empty?

Guarantee if they're still around 2 million subs next year, people will still be saying this game'll fail next week.

Well, good luck haters! And keep hanging around here telling us how fail the game is, since your life is devoid of anything better than slamming a game you hate.

This game doesn't have anywhere near 2 million subs as of march...I'd bet my life on it...i log into 3 different servers all of them 20-30 people on the fleet at 8pm on a friday night...

EA wont merge the servers for a very long time - why? Because in the eyes of the mass gaming world(rightly or wrongly), merging servers is a sign of failure.

Now, the way I see it is that EA have two options. 1 - to merge servers FAST and admit they had too many at launch to 'reduce Q times, so it was a temporary measure to have so many) 2 - Allow things to continue and watch numbers drop even further because people wont play a game that has empty servers.

Either EA merge or they add X-server support with 1.2 - waiting any longer will just kill this game completely. They already did enough damage by releasing it 6 months too soon. You dont get a 2nd chance to make a first impression.

This game doesn't have anywhere near 2 million subs as of march...I'd bet my life on it...i log into 3 different servers all of them 20-30 people on the fleet at 8pm on a friday night...

yeah, beacause everyone play at the same time, and population on the fleet is the only people playing on a server..riiiight.

and what's wrong with fridays ? do you think more people will play on that day then lets say tuesday? - wrong.

Few years ago you would never see me playing games at home on weekends. People do other stuff, trips, partys, visiting friends. Weekdays are for mmo not weekends.

Edited by rkopczak

The populations on both factions and servers I play on have been decreasing dramatically. Friends vanishing from the list and the few that stay are drunk off the patch 1.2 koolaid. So far almost every patch has broken the game or created some form of game altering change for the worse. It still doesn't change the fact that on both servers are relative ghost towns with infinitely long ques, along with another faceroll operation that will be farm status after the first week or two. Instead of playing the wow carbon copy with lightsabers I'll unsub and go play the real thing pandas here I come! btw did I mention the new wow xpack will have 2 new warzones one of which is a death match versiOn of hutball!! GG bioware

Imperial fleet on my server has been staying put at around 100 people or so, the same it's been for the last month. The queues for PvP themselves might be getting longer because people are bored, but for whatever reason that hasn't stopped people from logging on in the game to tell others about the game is doomed.

Consider there really isn't a point to do high end PvE or PvP with impending 1.2 changes, it'd be weird if there's significant activity in either.

"My server ques have increased dramatically from release... so... "

1 out of 212 servers congrats to you!

Said two servers l2read both were higher population servers than most, and throughout December were constantly full with 2 instance fleets on imp side , and 200+ pub. Now it's 20-30 pub side peaking around 50-60 max in the teens past 11pm. On imp SidE it's roughly 40-60 peaking at maybe 100 after 11pm 20-40. The in-game economy is nonexistent, world pvp nonexistent, long que times, poor performance in warzones, faceroll raids, bugged dailies, and a dwindling player base. F2p by August 2012 guaranteed, but gl hf hope im wrong.

Said two servers l2read both were higher population servers than most, and throughout December were constantly full with 2 instance fleets on imp side , and 200+ pub. Now it's 20-30 pub side peaking around 50-60 max in the teens past 11pm. On imp SidE it's roughly 40-60 peaking at maybe 100 after 11pm 20-40. The in-game economy is nonexistent, world pvp nonexistent, long que times, poor performance in warzones, faceroll raids, bugged dailies, and a dwindling player base. F2p by August 2012 guaranteed, but gl hf hope im wrong.

You've got 3 choices, all of them bad:

- Reroll on a heavy pop server.

- Wait for server transfers.

- Quit the game.

These threads are a waste of time. The players already knows this is an issue. Bioware definitely knows this is an issue.

You've got 3 options. Choose & move on with your game.

You've got 3 choices, all of them bad:

- Reroll on a heavy pop server.

- Wait for server transfers.

- Quit the game.

These threads are a waste of time. The players already knows this is an issue. Bioware definitely knows this is an issue.

You've got 3 options. Choose & move on with your game.

Chose the third option sub ends tommorow

Why you choose to spend moments of your life complaining about a game you no longer play (on the Internet, no less) is truly baffling.

Bored at work, and after reading the pages of posts I felt compelled to give some information relevant to the topic at hand (the game is Dieing). In addition I truly want this game to be a great, perhaps that's why I'm using their forums to vent a bit of frustration.

Why you choose to spend moments of your life complaining about a game you no longer play (on the Internet, no less) is truly baffling.

Why do you choose to answer him and waste your time? Because people want to voice their concerns so may they can come back once it's fixed.

Why do you try to give people a hard time because you don't care?

Edited by heikaze

Why do you choose to answer him and waste your time? Because people want to voice their concerns so may they can come back once it's fixed.

Why do you try to give people a hard time because you don't care?

Because I'm tired of players who ceaselessly complain but yet refuse to take any action to improve their position.

The people on low pop servers are screwed for the duration and that absolutely sucks. But all this wailing and gnashing of teeth -- there are about 6 active threads on this topic, two of them in this subforum -- has done absolutely nothing for anyone.

yeah, beacause everyone play at the same time, and population on the fleet is the only people playing on a server..riiiight.

and what's wrong with fridays ? do you think more people will play on that day then lets say tuesday? - wrong.

Few years ago you would never see me playing games at home on weekends. People do other stuff, trips, partys, visiting friends. Weekdays are for mmo not weekends.

Um its pretty much the same week long...I just reemeber at launch the weekends were the time's with long ques to get into servers...

Because I'm tired of players who ceaselessly complain but yet refuse to take any action to improve their position.

The people on low pop servers are screwed for the duration and that absolutely sucks. But all this wailing and gnashing of teeth -- there are about 6 active threads on this topic, two of them in this subforum -- has done absolutely nothing for anyone.

I did exactly what you are saying.. was on a high pop server and the server started dieing and friends quit, thus rolled an another alt on a different server got to cap, and the server pop gradually died. This isn't an issue for "light" servers that initially were light the whole way through. They both started out as full ->heavy->standard->light. Hence the quitting comment since this is obviously an issue effecting numerous servers, therefore being completely relevant to the topic at hand. If you don't want to read these threads simply don't click them, but this comment of your is completely inaccurate for many of the cases posted on this thread. People aren't ranting for no reason, these posts are created to receive a high amount of views so that Bioware can see it is a major concern of the player base and something can be done about it.

Edited by Vincedaddy

I did exactly what you are saying.. was on a high pop server and the server started dieing and friends quit, thus rolled an another alt on a different server got to cap, and the server pop gradually died. This isn't an issue for "light" servers that initially were light the whole way through. They both started out as full ->heavy->standard->light. Hence the quitting comment since this is obviously an issue effecting numerous servers, therefore being completely relevant to the topic at hand. If you don't want to read these threads simply don't click them, but this comment of your is completely inaccurate for many of the cases posted on this thread. People aren't ranting for no reason, these posts are created to receive a high amount of views so that Bioware can see it is a major concern of the player base and something can be done about it.

I wasn't just addressing you. This thread is ~80 pages long.

I never said people are ranting for no reason. They've got a very good reason to be upset. Bioware hasn't managed this part of the launch well at all.

But: multiple threads across multiple subforums and repeated posts by players feeding off each other's irritation achieves little to nothing. And frankly, I see a lot more posters waiting for some kind of snap fix than taking matters into their own hands, as if this kind of thing can be resolved in a weekend.

Blizzard has run the most successful MMO in history for going on 8 years. Guess what? They never solved the population problem either. They just hid it with in game tools that arguably effected the game in much larger ways. But there are still WoW servers out there with severely low pops or massive faction imbalances.

The servers they opened up post release to satisfy the queue complainers are, as expected by me and everyone else who understood how mmo launches work.

My server has good population and faction balance.

What server you on? I would LOVE to be on a balanced server.

• 2 weeks later...
This is the first MMO I have ever played in my life. I only joined it and left my ps3 and xbox 360 because I LOVE star wars. But even as a fanboy I have to admit its getting pretty boring. I shouldnt have to force myself to play a video game. Hopefully with the new content coming it will become enjoyable again.