Remove Speed/Charges while carrying the huttball.

Xsorus

Your whine is about the fact that certain classes are better in the ball carrier role, I get it.

Remind me, how good is my Powertech in a healer role?

Or my Jugg?

Let me guess, you are a powertech or a vanguard?

That's a generalized role, You're comparing Apples to BMW cars....

"You whine about the fact that certain clases are better in the ball carrier role, I get"

"remind me, how good is my powertech int he healer role?"

By your standards, The Merc and Operative Healer should be equal to the Sorc Healer in Ball carrying.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, all this only works if you have teamwork. My juggs gets focused (even though I can last awhile against even 4) I can't get anywhere due to the all the debuffs. So either get on a premade or suck it up. Edited by Trineda
removed quote

"as foolish as me" huh?

Now let me ask you this. If you were making a rated WZ group knowing the landscape of huttball and needed a healer what would you take?

1) An IA or Smuggler. With no speed, no knockback, no closer (Dont make me laugh and say *stealth is a closer* - we move WAY to slow to close on ANYTHING as healers)

2) A commando/BH with a knockback

3) A sage/sorc with knockback, Speed, Pull.

Answer truthfully now. Then tell me that when rated WZ's come at the top level of play there wont be an issues and all classes will be equally represented. If you cant .. theres obviously an issue with some classes toolsets no?

I'd likely take whichever healer in my guild is available.

It's laughable people are actually arguing with the obvious here. I often wonder if people play the same game lol. Those classes have such a distinct advantage over the remaining classes in Huttball it's not even funny. Why wouldn't you want to actually have skill involved instead of whoever has the most of one class wins...

It's laughable people are actually arguing with the obvious here. I often wonder if people play the same game lol. Those classes have such a distinct advantage over the remaining classes in Huttball it's not even funny. Why wouldn't you want to actually have skill involved instead of whoever has the most of one class wins...

An advantage at what?

Not at everything, just at carrying the ball.

How many balls are there? Enough for all 16 players to have one each?

If you are not all ball carriers then why does it matter if you don't all carry the ball as well.

It's a *TEAM GAME*, learn your role.

I'm a BM powertech buddy, I've ran the ball.

But lets talk about that 15 second cooldown charge, Ya know who else has that? Marauder and Juggernaut, Know what else they gave? Juggernauts have the ability to reset their charge, and they have the ability to charge to their team mates. Marauders have the Speed boost, and the multiple defensive buffs (that let them run through the fire taking 7 damage a pop) Oh yea.. and the charge.

Powertech's are last on the list of Ball Carriers, It is far easier to be the other two I just listed, or if ya really want to be easy mode, just play an Assassin, What ya make up for with no charge is a speed burst + immunity meaning make it past the first fire trap, Ya score..

Even still, all those things I just listed, including the charge Powertech's get, Should not work while carrying the ball. It should be about passing and position, not who has the most force users on the team.

You can nullify the charges by just not standing in prime "I want to be leaped for an easy score" position.

If your team doesn't wave their arms in front of a Jugg past a fire trap, what's he going to do? Slowly walk around taking damage hoping someone decides to mess up and let him create distance. It's so easy to counter, but people create the problem because they think that someone carrying the ball will be invincible unless they start doing damage ASAP.

And, the Marauder cooldown that allows us to only take 7 damage a pop from fire... also costs HALF of our health to use. And it lasts 5 seconds. So, we can use it when we have basically no health at little cost, but then we're absolutely screwed unless we have a healer already healing us. Or, we could use it at full health and drop to 50%, with no defensive cooldowns left to use, and the same situation as mentioned before. Screwed unless we have a healer.

Marauders are even worse carriers than Juggs against competent teams because we melt faster if no-one provides us an easy leap.

To counter Assassins, simply don't stun them as soon as they get the ball. Slow them, and they panic. They'll use Force Speed and use their Immunity cooldown. But, they can still be CC'ed. Stun them once, they break. Then just stun them when the're crossing another hazard. Boom. Dead Assassin.

I'd likely take whichever healer in my guild is available.

Totally avoid the question. Good move since answering it may make you look foolish.

Yes I play huttball as a sawbones with my guild. Yes we win alot. However I also play with my sage, I am under NO illusions that I bring a whole lot more to the team on a sage in huttball than a sawbones.

Argue that all you want.

Powertech's are last on the list of Ball Carriers.

Really? You're serious? You must be really bad if you think this is true, a powertech is one of the best ball carriers, period. Especially with a good healer. Hearing this come from someone who claims to be a BM PT is just wrong.

Edit: Hutball is fine the way it is, normally BOTH sides will have atleast some of these classes. Whether the players know how to use them in Hutball, well, who knows.

Edited by Spuratis

Why is your team letting the sorc run straight past them and into a position to pull the ball carrier?

Got tunnel vision and can only see the ball carrier?

Maybe because in actual game play, You can't stop the multiple sorcs every time in huttball that have force speed and can outrun pretty much everyone.

Ever think about that.

"Why did you let the class with speed, and multiple forms of CC get past you in a match with narrow walk ways and fire traps?"

*grin*

Here's an idea... Said Smugglers stealths to the finish line unseen by anyone and then unstealths now making him the best guy to pass to for a easy score. As for the ranged BH/trooper u guys will still suck at running the ball, but your NOT useless!! With two knockbacks and hugh nuking moves u can help keeps peeps off your runners and also send peeps to the finish line for your FR to charge at. Edited by shadedsorrow

Maybe because in actual game play, You can't stop the multiple sorcs every time in huttball that have force speed and can outrun pretty much everyone.

Ever think about that.

"Why did you let the class with speed, and multiple forms of CC get past you in a match with narrow walk ways and fire traps?"

*grin*

If only your powertech had some form of grapple to pull those pesky sorcs back...

You are carrying a ball, the only skill that should be available to you is 'pass huttball'.

This, for the same reason you can't sprint, drive, etc. for every other CTF gametype ever made. Force leap, pull, etc. should be a great way to get into position to recieve the ball and that should be enough.

Really? You're serious? You must be really bad if you think this is true, a powertech is one of the best ball carriers, period. Especially with a good healer. Hearing this come from someone who claims to be a BM PT is just wrong.

Edit: Hutball is fine the way it is, normally BOTH sides will have atleast some of these classes. Whether the players know how to use them in Hutball, well, who knows.

I imagine he plays the Pyro spec. Which would explain why he doesn't want to carry the ball.

You can nullify the charges by just not standing in prime "I want to be leaped for an easy score" position.

If your team doesn't wave their arms in front of a Jugg past a fire trap, what's he going to do? Slowly walk around taking damage hoping someone decides to mess up and let him create distance. It's so easy to counter, but people create the problem because they think that someone carrying the ball will be invincible unless they start doing damage ASAP.

And, the Marauder cooldown that allows us to only take 7 damage a pop from fire... also costs HALF of our health to use. And it lasts 5 seconds. So, we can use it when we have basically no health at little cost, but then we're absolutely screwed unless we have a healer already healing us. Or, we could use it at full health and drop to 50%, with no defensive cooldowns left to use, and the same situation as mentioned before. Screwed unless we have a healer.

Marauders are even worse carriers than Juggs against competent teams because we melt faster if no-one provides us an easy leap.

To counter Assassins, simply don't stun them as soon as they get the ball. Slow them, and they panic. They'll use Force Speed and use their Immunity cooldown. But, they can still be CC'ed. Stun them once, they break. Then just stun them when the're crossing another hazard. Boom. Dead Assassin.

A. You can Nullify the Juggernaut who can aim a push back and throw you into the area he wants you to be, then charge you? How about the team mate who he can charge ya? Claiming you can nullify a Tank with Multiple Charges in this game that has support is hilarious at best.

B. It doesn't matter if it takes "half" your life if you can clear the second fire pit, You're probably going to score at that point. How long does it take you to cover that distance when you have bloody speed ....

C. I never said Marauders were better ball carriers then Juggernauts, I said they were overpowered ball carriers in comparison to other classes. Juggernauts are obviously the better Ball Carrier then Marauders, but that's like saying My Diamond sucks compared to this other diamond because it's got a scratch on it.

D. Or they'll punt you off, Force Speed, and go immune basically ignoring all the crap you throw at them.

Ever think about that.

*grin*

You must be pretty bad if Sorc/Sages are able to score that easily on you. Their speed is as susceptible to CC as anything else. Get someone to pull/knock/push them back, root them with charge (which goes right through a full resolve bar), or stun them. There are so many counters to speed.....you just have to not suck.

But, your nerf sorc/sage agenda is noted. :rolleyes:

Edited by Telaan

There's a huge difference in Huttball to Rift here: It's called passing the ball.

Moving up the map to position for passes is far more effective and efficient then any one class in the game. The problem is, pugs rarely can do this effectively and everyone just ends up smashing the crap out of each other on the sides/middle while the ball carrier scores.

Here's an idea... Said Smugglers stealths to the finish line unseen by anyone and then unstealths now making him the best guy to pass to for a easy score. As for the ranged BH/trooper u guys will still suck at running the ball, but your NOT useless!! With two knockbacks and hugh nuking moves u can help keeps peeps off your runners and also send peeps to the finish line for your FR to charge at.

So your suggestion is that as a healer sawbones I should slowly (Sawbones get no move increase in stealth) crawl to the opposing goal line and wait there for a ball pass. Aside from the fact that the ball carriers will get there WAY before me, since they can leap / charge / sprint and pass, I'm a healer .. my role is to .. *gasp* heal. I cant heal in stealth. I cant heal my team standing around stealthed at the opponents goal line.

I cant keep pace with the flow of the battle since I have no movement abilitys or leaps / closers. Going up onto a catwalk is kinda risky as I open myself to knockbacks (which I have none of) that can put me in a bad position and I'll have to run all the back. My best option is to hold middle ground and heal players in my range. It limits what I can do in that game.

Now dont get me wrong, I do get around and hell I've ran the ball a fair amount myself, although I try at all costs to avoid it. My Defensive CD (Dodge LOL) is pathetic and I have no movement abilitys, So I'm far from the ideal ball carrier. I tend to try and off load the ball ASAP to someone better.

My point is ... on my sage healer I have none of these drawbacks. I can move freely since I have sprint on a low CD. I can pull my team mates to me. I can rush catwalks and knock the opposition off to give myself a nice perch to heal from. Bottom line, as far as huttball goes sage >>> sawbones. End of discussion.

Rated WZ's will only prove me right.

A. You can Nullify the Juggernaut who can aim a push back and throw you into the area he wants you to be, then charge you? How about the team mate who he can charge ya? Claiming you can nullify a Tank with Multiple Charges in this game that has support is hilarious at best.

B. It doesn't matter if it takes "half" your life if you can clear the second fire pit, You're probably going to score at that point. How long does it take you to cover that distance when you have bloody speed ....

C. I never said Marauders were better ball carriers then Juggernauts, I said they were overpowered ball carriers in comparison to other classes. Juggernauts are obviously the better Ball Carrier then Marauders, but that's like saying My Diamond sucks compared to this other diamond because it's got a scratch on it.

D. Or they'll punt you off, Force Speed, and go immune basically ignoring all the crap you throw at them.

A. Actually, yes. It's called "standing BEHIND the Juggernaut". Of course if you're in his face he's going to push you to where he wants you. If you're behind him, he can only push you backwards, which isn't helping him. And, god forbid he starts trying to get behind you, you could just... keep going backwards. He won't follow you for long because at that point he's going the wrong direction. Crazy ideas, I know. But they work surprisingly.

B. If a Marauder is at the 2nd fire trap with all his cooldowns up, then that means you let him stand there for a pass. Already your fault. But, the speed is only usable if we have 30 stacks of Fury, which isn't always the case. We do have a cooldown that allows us to instantly get 30 stacks, but it's on a 3 min cooldown. So we might be able to do that twice a game if we saved it specifically for those instances. Also, since it's so obvious that we're going to use speed, why don't you just root us? We can do absolutely nothing against that. Not even leap out of it.

C. If you put yourself in a position to be knocked off, then yeah, that's going to happen. Or, since the Assassin knockback has a nice delay with it, you could just knock them off first if they don't have full resolve. Heck, you can even jump in the air when someone uses that knockback, and you'll go like 5 meters directly up instead of being knocked back.

If only your powertech had some form of grapple to pull those pesky sorcs back...

Yea, Lets waste your pull on grabbing the sorc after he's made it past the first fire pit... Cause we know it's got a faster cooldown then Sprint am I right?

If you don't use your pull to grab that ball carrier into the fire pit after he's been pulled by that Sorc, You've failed at playing a Powertech.

Using it on the Sorc before hand is just wasting it.

Now there are some instances where this doesn't hold true, Like a sorc standing on the bottom platform, He's easily the number one target.

But again, it's still a pull on a 35 second cooldown. If it had a faster cooldown of say 15 seconds it might be more viable.

I tried to say that we each have roles to play in pvp, no one can do everything. So you can't run the ball, so what? heal the ball carrier, CC the enemies, get ahead for the pull / pass, guard the ball respawner ready for a 2nd score, etc.

If someone else has the ball I have to fill another role too.

I answered the question actually. I play a multiplayer game for the social aspect, whether killing people or killing *with* people. So when I grouip up it's not asking in fleet for a specific class who may or may not actually be a good player, I queue with guildies.

Edited by Trineda
removed quote