Remove Speed/Charges while carrying the huttball.

Xsorus

Currently in Rift, They're getting ready to patch out Speed/teleports while carrying the flag in Whitefall, cause it lends one class setup being absolute best, and zero skill required to run the flag (riftstalker/bard/bd)

They should do that with this game, and please note, I do have a BM Powertech that gets Charge.

Huttball should be based on running the ball, and passing the ball, Not who generally has the most force users on their team.

Classes like Assassin/Marauder/Juggy/Sorc have a highly unfair advantage when doing this compared to other classes. Abilities such as the Sorc Pull give them a massive advantage compared to the other Healers as well in Huttball.

So i say have movement buffs not work on the ball carrier, as well as charges, and of course the Sorc pull.

This would make team mates running ahead for passes more used. It would bring back skill to the game.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

huttball is fine and is in no way as bad as the ball carrier rogue spec in rift.

This.

Once people learn that Huttball isn't 8 ball carriers vs. 8 ball carriers they tend to do better.

However some people will never learn and will spend all day whining about it on the forums.

Said this from day one.

I play a Smuggler (Sawbones), Sage (Healer) and Vanguard (Tank) ... On one huttball is the worst game I can get and I loathe it. On the other two its kool and crap because of the toolset's I have. Can you guess which one I loathe huttball on?

BTW all these are level 50 and range from mid 20's valor (Sage) to 67 valor (Sawbones)

Huttball is SO BIAS toward's some classes its unreal that bioware even thinks that huttball could ever be an e-sport. Rated WZ's will show the picture when some classes just become phased out due to thier inability to compete at the highest levels no matter player skill. You cant fix a car with a ice cream cone no matter how good a mechanic you are. Not having a good toolset will kill some classes in rated WZ's at the highest levels.

Wrong.

Pull/Leap/Charge imbalance Huttball beyond comprehension. Competitive games come down to who has more of these abilities to make large jumps across the map.

Wrong.

Competitive games tend to have the ball held by a class which is good at ball carrying, but without the support of the non-ball carriers that's worthless.

If you play a glass cannon dps or a healer then STOP TRYING TO BE THE BALL CARRIER. every single AC is useful in Huttball if you realise that you don't have to hold the ball to be useful.

:edit:

And FYI Powertech / Vanguard is a brilliant non-force ball carrier.

Edited by Jestunhi

Wrong.

Pull/Leap/Charge imbalance Huttball beyond comprehension. Competitive games come down to who has more of these abilities to make large jumps across the map.

learn to attack the person pulling, don't stand at the edges if the opposing team has the ball and kill the ball carrier.

In rift the rogue ball carrier was retarded because he could just burst run through everything and pop shields to take no damage, it was much worse there than it is here.

This just in, characters with speed boosts and leaps are good at running the ball in huttball. Crazy stuff.

Oddly characters with no closers and no speed boosts and no knockbacks sux at huttball. They cant catch a ball carrier. They cant carry a ball anywhere near as well and they cant keep up with the flow of the game since the ball is being zipped across the map by characters WITH said abilitys.

Crazy stuff !

learn to attack the person pulling, don't stand at the edges if the opposing team has the ball and kill the ball carrier.

In rift the rogue ball carrier was retarded because he could just burst run through everything and pop shields to take no damage, it was much worse there than it is here.

Attacking person =/= unable to pull ballcarrier. You can't simplify this down to a 1+1 problem.

Oddly characters with no closers and no speed boosts and no knockbacks sux at huttball. They cant catch a ball carrier. They cant carry a ball anywhere near as well and they cant keep up with the flow of the game since the ball is being zipped across the map by characters WITH said abilitys.

Crazy stuff !

Not everyone has to chase the huttball 24/7.

Controlling the middle for example will mean that once one team scores you have control of the area where the ball spawns. If the other team are as foolish as you (all 7 chasing the guy with the ball) then you can just walk unopposed to the enemies touchline.

Wrong.

Competitive games tend to have the ball held by a class which is good at ball carrying, but without the support of the non-ball carriers that's worthless.

If you play a glass cannon dps or a healer then STOP TRYING TO BE THE BALL CARRIER. every single AC is useful in Huttball if you realise that you don't have to hold the ball to be useful.

So your premise is, Without the Support of your Team, Ball Carriers suck.... Only that's not what this post is about..

It's about how Ball Carriers are vastly superior if they're force users, and the Sorc, the Support in this case, is vastly superior to all other support because of pulls.

Also saying Powertech/Vanguard is a brilliant non force ball carrier is kind of funny, considering it is the worst ball carrier of the "ball carriers" in the game.

actually you also forgot one other massive advantage in huttball.. AOE Knockback, how many times have you got the ball to the enemy side with a few people following you to heal/dmg/protect, and BOOM, Sorc knocks your group off the ledges into the pit :rolleyes:

Yea.. nothing like that exist in this game at all :rolleyes:

ROFL. First we are saying that one class is wildly imbalanced for ball-carrying in huttball and if you don't have that, you lose. Then we start listing powers from three classes, lots of which don't actually CARRY the ball. Then we claim that if you don't have a sorc, or an assassin, or a juggernaut, and the other team does, you're screwed.

This is just too much. You're right: if you don't have a sorc AND you don't have a bounty hunter AND you don't have an assassin AND you don't have a juggernaut you might be in trouble. Unless your team, like, coordinates. But that's impossible. Everyone knows that.

I love the forums.

Looks like someone has never had to deal with a good Powertech/Vanguard tank carrying the ball. Who also happen to have a charge on a 15 second cooldown.

And Jestunhi is right in his posts. There are things to do other than chase down carriers. Scoundrels/Ops should be trying to help control the mid. And Snipers are amazing at at that as well.

Look up other posts on Huttball, you'll find good descriptions of each class's role in the warzone.

Edited by Trineda
removed quote

Wrong.

Don't beat around the issue. The same classes that are good at carrying the ball also have amazing abilities to maneuver around the map quickly. The ball carrier can get zerged to the other teams delight, but it only takes one good Sorc to pull them out of danger and in to a free stroll to a score.

So your premise is, Without the Support of your Team, Ball Carriers suck.... Only that's not what this post is about..

It's about how Ball Carriers are vastly superior if they're force users, and the Sorc, the Support in this case, is vastly superior to all other support because of pulls.

Your whine is about the fact that certain classes are better in the ball carrier role, I get it.

Remind me, how good is my Powertech in a healer role?

Or my Jugg?

Also saying Powertech/Vanguard is a brilliant non force ball carrier is kind of funny, considering it is the worst ball carrier of the "ball carriers" in the game.

Let me guess, you are a powertech or a vanguard?

Don't beat around the issue. The same classes that are good at carrying the ball also have amazing abilities to maneuver around the map quickly. The ball carrier can get zerged to the other teams delight, but it only takes one good Sorc to pull them out of danger and in to a free stroll to a score.

And who's fault is it that the Sorcerer could sit there unattended for a free easy pull? It doesn't take rocket-science and long division to figure out who's trying to do what in Huttball.

Not everyone has to chase the huttball 24/7.

Controlling the middle for example will mean that once one team scores you have control of the area where the ball spawns. If the other team are as foolish as you (all 7 chasing the guy with the ball) then you can just walk unopposed to the enemies touchline.

"as foolish as me" huh?

Now let me ask you this. If you were making a rated WZ group knowing the landscape of huttball and needed a healer what would you take?

1) An IA or Smuggler. With no speed, no knockback, no closer (Dont make me laugh and say *stealth is a closer* - we move WAY to slow to close on ANYTHING as healers)

2) A commando/BH with a knockback

3) A sage/sorc with knockback, Speed, Pull.

Answer truthfully now. Then tell me that when rated WZ's come at the top level of play there wont be an issues and all classes will be equally represented. If you cant .. theres obviously an issue with some classes toolsets no?

Looks like someone has never had to deal with a good Powertech/Vanguard tank carrying the ball. Who also happen to have a charge on a 15 second cooldown.

And Jetsuhni is right in his posts. There are things to do other than chase down carriers. Scoundrels/Ops should be trying to help control the mid. And Snipers are amazing at at that as well.

Look up other posts on Huttball, you'll find good descriptions of each class's role in the warzone.

I'm a BM powertech buddy, I've ran the ball.

But lets talk about that 15 second cooldown charge, Ya know who else has that? Marauder and Juggernaut, Know what else they gave? Juggernauts have the ability to reset their charge, and they have the ability to charge to their team mates. Marauders have the Speed boost, and the multiple defensive buffs (that let them run through the fire taking 7 damage a pop) Oh yea.. and the charge.

Powertech's are last on the list of Ball Carriers, It is far easier to be the other two I just listed, or if ya really want to be easy mode, just play an Assassin, What ya make up for with no charge is a speed burst + immunity meaning make it past the first fire trap, Ya score..

Even still, all those things I just listed, including the charge Powertech's get, Should not work while carrying the ball. It should be about passing and position, not who has the most force users on the team.