[Guide] The Jedi Shadow's Handbook

AstralFire

For those of you playing along at home, in a group situation, the Infiltrator can get 18 consecutive seconds of vicious, vicious AoE slashy goodness: coming out of stealth, blackout, Force Cloak.

So, while stealthed, do we punch up blackout and force cloak and it just stacks up...or do we open up with WB until the effect is about to expire, then hit blackout, continue, then force cloak?

Pre-spam for buff or regain buff with them during spam, basically?

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, while stealthed, do we punch up blackout and force cloak and it just stacks up...or do we open up with WB until the effect is about to expire, then hit blackout, continue, then force cloak?

Pre-spam for buff or regain buff with them during spam, basically?

its one after the other after the other

You get Shadow's Respite (+energy regen) from breaking stealth for 6 seconds.

1) Stealth up to a mob/pack/whatever

2) Attack

3) 6 seconds later, hit Black Out

4) 6 seconds after that, hit Force Cloak

5) Attack to break Stealth

This is assuming you have Masked Assault. Which you should by level 26 when you get WB.

Edited by Tyrandaa

You get Shadow's Respite (+energy regen) from breaking stealth for 6 seconds.

1) Stealth up to a mob/pack/whatever

2) Attack

3) 6 seconds later, hit Black Out

4) 6 seconds after that, hit Force Cloak

5) Attack to break Stealth

This is assuming you have Masked Assault. Which you should by level 26 when you get WB.

tyvm!

I'm looking forward to seeing all of you in-game, this is gonna be awesome!

So I've been playing around on an Infiltration build and wanted to get everyone's opinion on it. I think this is the build I will be rolling with on my main (mostly for PvE).

It is a 10/31/0 or 8/31/2 (I am still undecided about the last 2 skill points). For this example I put the extra 2 skill points into Elusiveness because I like the cool down bonus for Force Speed and Resilience (I like being able to run around more :-P ).

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#601McMcZGG0RkGMbtz.1

I definitely think Clairvoyance is a vital skill with infiltration so the 31 points in infiltration was a necessity (because of the stack-able bonus to Project).

In order to skill up to the second tier in Kinetic, I had to sacrifice Force Synergy from the Balance spec.

To me this is ok because Force Synergy gives a potential 9% increased critical chance over 10 seconds after a "force critical hit". The second tier of Kinetic gives you Expertise which gives you a 9% bonus to all damage dealt by techniques.

My reasoning is that each technique has either a 50% or 25% chance of triggering (depending on the type of technique), which potentially deal more over time with Expertise than a 9% increased chance of a melee crit after a force crit.

I'm not sure, but I suspect the bonus is applied to Force Breach as well since it is completely dependent on which technique you are using.

Even still, I think the last 2 points in the build could be put into Force Synergy to get that extra crit chance for any shadow that wants to put out a little more damage. This would still give you a 6% increased chance.

Anyways, long post but I just thought I'd share with everyone and get your thoughts. It seems to be a solid enough build to me but I'll take ideas/criticism from anyone that can critique it and make it better.

Let me know what you think.

any thoughts on what tree is going to be most useful for endgame PvE?

The one where you make the bad things die. :D

Tanking will obviously have a good place. The two different kinds of dps will probably vary based on the encounter. There's a lot to be said for extra range and self-healing from Balance, and sheer death-dealing from Infiltration.

A lot of it will also be affected by your playstyle and skillset as an operation member.

Thanks so much for taking the time to make this guide for everyone. I will make sure to direct new Jedi Shadow players to this thread as much as I can.

You have put alot of work into this guide and you deserve this to be a sticky.

Thanks once again.

Just a suggestion, we've got threads on Kinetic and Balance Shadows that have pretty good guides too. My Balance guide was designed as a supplementary to yours anyway, so maybe we should link them all together? Am planning on linking specific sections back to parts of your guide.

What would you recommend in regards to leveling up in infiltration? or kinetic? Do you stick with the infiltration tree until you hit the 31 point talent and then invest into the kinetic and balance for the extra points or are they needed during the leveling process?

I guess that is my main question: how important are Technique Mastery, Applied Force, and Force Synergy to a leveling build? Get them sooner or later?

And great guide by the way!