Collectors edition vendor

belizar

Rather than adding new stuff - having the VIP lounge be a source of convenience would be better and benefit everyone.

- Make the vendors sell ALL of the companion customization gear, Social items and sets on the vendors so people can see them all before purchase without flying all over the galaxy.

That said - if Bioware are not going to add anything to the CE vendor then it would be more sensible to just remove it and make the items it sells Cartel Market items that can be claimed from collections. Change the name of the Vendor to something else and make two VIP vendors that sell a range of goods.

Now you have encouraged people to go to the VIP lounge and CE folks do not need to mess around with the antique vendor for a select customer Bioware is no longer interested in.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rather than adding new stuff - having the VIP lounge be a source of convenience would be better and benefit everyone.

- Make the vendors sell ALL of the companion customization gear, Social items and sets on the vendors so people can see them all before purchase without flying all over the galaxy.

That would be awesome.

That said - if Bioware are not going to add anything to the CE vendor then it would be more sensible to just remove it and make the items it sells Cartel Market items that can be claimed from collections. Change the name of the Vendor to something else and make two VIP vendors that sell a range of goods.

Now you have encouraged people to go to the VIP lounge and CE folks do not need to mess around with the antique vendor for a select customer Bioware is no longer interested in.

Well, in fairness.. they did setup the VIP lounge a while back for peaceful GTN/Mail transactions. But they never put a /port to it so you still have to meander through the normal Fleet rabble to get there.

Also.. VIP is not exclusive.. anyone can buy the membership pass for 1M credits (which is chump change for most longer term players these days).

I think this will not happen as you suggest with adding vendors and such.. as their attention right now is on expanding the new Cartel Bazaar in the lower level of fleet.

Edited by Andryah

I came back a few days ago from a year hiatus and ran to the CE vendor to see if they had gotten anything new in. I was disappointed to say the least. I was under the impression that new items were going to be added to this particular vendor, but alas, nothing new.

I came back a few days ago from a year hiatus and ran to the CE vendor to see if they had gotten anything new in. I was disappointed to say the least. I was under the impression that new items were going to be added to this particular vendor, but alas, nothing new.

BioFail only intends to update the Cartel Market to continually milk the player-base.

Well. Bioware continues to ignore us. Usuall stuff.

Exaggerate much?

Either you have not actually returned after a year, OR you are deliberately ignoring the items on the vendor that have in fact been added in the last year.

Feel free to criticize the items added, or that it's not enough, or not the right items, yada yada... but to insist that nothing has been added is hyperbole.

Edited by Andryah

I want to see exclusive weapons and armor Ohlen said about!

Yeah, well you know what they say... plans change.

But let's say they still have this in their plan.. exactly what weapons and armor would please you? Because when they do add an actual piece of gear.. you complain that it's a recolor (exclusive color) of an existing item [scanner eyepiece].

But let's say they still have this in their plan.. exactly what weapons and armor would please you? Because when they do add an actual piece of gear.. you complain that it's a recolor (exclusive color) of an existing item [scanner eyepiece].

Stuff pulled from the game and from Cartel Packs that are not available anymore (BoP of course). No need for development time on this and people would be happy.

I wouldn't count on exclusive stuff that won't appear on CM later on (as recolor). It's not how they roll these times. It's a shame but lesson learned.

I wouldn't count on exclusive stuff that won't appear on CM later on (as recolor). It's not how they roll these times. It's a shame but lesson learned.

/Agree.

I know some people are hurt over this.. but then again.. the half-life of a CE in an MMO is about 3 months for any digital content.. so honestly.. while I would never turn down free stuff... I really don't see the CE vendor as relevant 2 years into the game... except for people willing to grind an axe to the nub.

Stuff pulled from the game and from Cartel Packs that are not available anymore (BoP of course). No need for development time on this and people would be happy.

Well, stuff pulled from the game does reappear in different manner in the game. And CM content does come and go at their whim. But let's say they did this.. people would still complain that it's not exclusive or not exclusive enough.

I'm happy personally if they just keep adding a new exclusive dye every now and then. In fact.. make it coincident with a new event and a color scheme in sync with the event. Give us some neon colors IMO. :D What's not to like about an over-saturated glow in the dark radiation green? :p That would give a reason to dye multiple pieces of armor different colors.

Exaggerate much?

Either you have not actually returned after a year, OR you are deliberately ignoring the items on the vendor that have in fact been added in the last year.

Feel free to criticize the items added, or that it's not enough, or not the right items, yada yada... but to insist that nothing has been added is hyperbole.

Quit trying to justify EAware, Andryah.

EAware told us that we'd get updates regularly for the CE vendor with exclusive items. We've only gotten very few dyes and most of them are complete garbage, and a typical rehashed item.

It's not hyperbole. That player's feelings are warranted. I feel the exact same way, but it doesn't matter anymore to me since I quit. EAware lied, so they had this type of reaction coming. Maybe if they actually did regularly update our vendor with weapons and armor, we'd appreciate them more.

:rolleyes:

Edited by FriendReferral

Quit trying to justify EAware, Andryah.

EAware told us that we'd get updates regularly for the CE vendor with exclusive items. We've only gotten very few dyes and most of them are complete garbage, and a typical rehashed item.

It's not hyperbole. That player's feelings are warranted. I feel the exact same way, but it doesn't matter anymore to me since I quit. EAware lied, so they had this type of reaction coming. Maybe if they actually did regularly update our vendor with weapons and armor, we'd appreciate them more.

:rolleyes:

**** this troll is still here...unbelievable...

-so they added DYES and those stinky rats just used RECOLOR omg omg omg, cuz dyes are not all about different colors, they should let you fly!

- regular updates , you know what that means? thats not every patch, that doesnt hava to be once a year even

-name one game where DEVs bothered to update CE contents even years after release, you propably dont even own the CE, just bought the digital upgrade for 2 bucks yet want to have gold nuggets on the vendor

they didnt lie to us, they never said what future vendor CE content will be and how often it will be added, the fact that ppl thought they will be VIP CE machos forever getting all the cool chicks is another story.

were you dating some BW CM and she broke up with you, that you suddenly hate everything and put bold red SIG how you almighty god of SWTOR quit and all other needs to read your ******** whole day in every thread?

**** this troll is still here...unbelievable...

- regular updates , you know what that means? thats not every patch, that doesnt hava to be once a year even

For patches bw definition of regular is 4-6 weeks. thats far away from once a year.

-name one game where DEVs bothered to update CE contents even years after release, you propably dont even own the CE, just bought the digital upgrade for 2 bucks yet want to have gold nuggets on the vendor

When they were announcing and selling the CE, they clearly stated that the CE-Vendor will get regular updates with exclusive items.

IF the devs dont want to bother updating their CE-vendor after release, then they shouldnt tell their customers that they will update it after release in the first place, to get their money.

Anything else is plain and simple lying. Even EA indirectly admits they screwed their customers over this.

Edited by Neglience

Why put armor and weapons in a vendor, when they put them in cartel packs and make $? Isn't that the American way? Integrity and honor are lost traits today. Besides, have you seen the new weapons? If that is what they are charging for, what the heck would a free one look like. I shiver at the thought.

Why put armor and weapons in a vendor, when they put them in cartel packs and make $? Isn't that the American way? Integrity and honor are lost traits today. Besides, have you seen the new weapons? If that is what they are charging for, what the heck would a free one look like. I shiver at the thought.

It would be the same weapon in a different color... :p:(

Yeah, well you know what they say... plans change.

I do not want to see exclusief weapons , maybe they ad in phase out popular weapons after 12 month of cm package.

I rather see them working on a veteran reward program that reward access to CE vendor .

Basically infact I would love to see a veteran reward program, to reward sustained subscribers .

Think subscription isn't great value at all if people don't raid or pvp .

But heck paying it more out of support , but support has to work both ways .

There's simply no excuse why they can't create armor/weapons/vanity pets for the CE when they are regularly pumping out Cartel Packs. If they took 6 of those items and one of the *super rare items* and re-colored it *********** rainbow colours I'd be happy about it if it landed on the CE.

But One item? One dye pack?

After all this time, it's absolutely ridiculous. There's a really simple fix to it, but Bioware is refusing to break down about it. (Or ever be honest about it, is what I should say... but then again... when have the original bioware devs ever been honest?)

Edited by veyl

This is the one thing I will keep bashing Bioware for. I like all the stuff they did of late. Arenas, Oricon the way they are making the expansion all of this looks good and all would be great... but the way they are handling CE owners is simply disgusting.

This is the one thing I will keep bashing Bioware for. I like all the stuff they did of late. Arenas, Oricon the way they are making the expansion all of this looks good and all would be great... but the way they are handling CE owners is simply disgusting.

It's the only reason why I'll never buy another CE from any of Bioware's future games. Which is a shame because before this I respected Bioware as a company very highly.

Now? Not so much. But that falls on deaf ears because us CE owners are a minority of the player base from release. If there were more of us in numbers, we would see those things promised to us... But there just simply isn't. ((Every CE owner I know from my original server/guild is gone))