Collectors edition vendor

belizar

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just reaffirming that I would like more and desireable items (which is open to interpretation) added to the collector's edition vendor at what I consider a more regular pace.

I do however ackgnowledge that what I want is not in the overall best interest of the people trying to make money from this game, and as such I am not really expecting to get what I want.

Edited by Jaing

though this thread makes my head hurt from the stupidity :d_evil:

I will say I would be very pleased to see some galactic starfighter paint jobs or something unique related to the expansion on the CE vendor :mon_cool:

either way I have never felt "slapped in the face" as the owner of 2 collector edition boxes and will not start too if something is not added :jawa_wink:

Edited by Vis-Tecum

though this thread makes my head hurt from the stupidity :)

I will say I would be very pleased to see some galactic starfighter paint jobs or something unique related to the expansion on the CE vendor :D

either way I have never felt "slapped in the face" as the owner of 2 collector edition boxes and will not start too if something is not added :jawa_wink:

/Signed. :) Though I only have one CE.

Add some more dyes, all the social gear, some color crystals. The vendor has been updates--what--twice since release? The only cool thing he offers IMO is the black/yellow dye. Simply add some cartel items to the vendor that we can pay credits for. Don't make it outlandishly priced. Seriously. The security key vendor has cooler stuff than the CE vendor.

Add some more dyes, all the social gear, some color crystals. The vendor has been updates--what--twice since release? The only cool thing he offers IMO is the black/yellow dye. Simply add some cartel items to the vendor that we can pay credits for. Don't make it outlandishly priced. Seriously. The security key vendor has cooler stuff than the CE vendor.

This. There's a lot they could offer by simply recoloring exclusive content, or offering certain dyes on a one-off basis (such as black/black or white/white), which would take little actual effort. I refuse to buy dye packs, and the colors people want (like black/black) are rarely sold, and when they are, it's for insane amounts of money (I am not, however, faulting the sellers - if they can get the credits, more power to them).

One of my guildies recently remarked that she'd like the Imperial Dancer outfit for her Scoundrel - which is impossible, obviously. Recolor it from black & gold to, say, silver and red (or whatever colors happen to be chosen), and place it on the CE vendor. They could do the same with all the faction-specific stuff on the Key vendor (perhaps removing faction-specific insignia), while keeping those original versions exclusive to the Key vendor. Maybe recolor an Aratech speeder...an unusual pattern, perhaps - red with black stripes, or basic colors with faction insignia...heck, maybe even a rainbow pattern or tiger stripes. Leopard-skin Aratech speeder, anyone?

There's so much they could do with a minimum of time and effort invested. I'm curious to see whether they're good to their word - although I will admit I'm not going to hold my breath.

This. There's a lot they could offer by simply recoloring exclusive content, or offering certain dyes on a one-off basis (such as black/black or white/white), which would take little actual effort. I refuse to buy dye packs, and the colors people want (like black/black) are rarely sold, and when they are, it's for insane amounts of money (I am not, however, faulting the sellers - if they can get the credits, more power to them).

One of my guildies recently remarked that she'd like the Imperial Dancer outfit for her Scoundrel - which is impossible, obviously. Recolor it from black & gold to, say, silver and red (or whatever colors happen to be chosen), and place it on the CE vendor. They could do the same with all the faction-specific stuff on the Key vendor (perhaps removing faction-specific insignia), while keeping those original versions exclusive to the Key vendor. Maybe recolor an Aratech speeder...an unusual pattern, perhaps - red with black stripes, or basic colors with faction insignia...heck, maybe even a rainbow pattern or tiger stripes. Leopard-skin Aratech speeder, anyone?

There's so much they could do with a minimum of time and effort invested. I'm curious to see whether they're good to their word - although I will admit I'm not going to hold my breath.

Yes, anything like this would seem (to me) pretty reasonable.

Yes, anything like this would seem (to me) pretty reasonable.

Perhaps there are too few people with CEs left playing the game to make the effort worthwhile.

Many, many folks who were enthusiastic about TOR last year left. Only BW has the numbers, but, again, there may not be that many CE folks playing.

• 2 weeks later...
The CE vendor is fine now. No need to further improve his stock. Instead give the Pre-order Vendor some love. The pre-order crystal should be at least on par, stats wise, with the lvl35 CM crystal.

I haven't looked but I thought they added level specific crystals to the pre-order vendor. It's just that particular color I hate it on my lightsabers. I like it okay on blasters though but with collections, I get better stat crystals without having to pay credits so I just don't bother with the preorder vendor.

I don't think most of the CE owners feel slapped in the face. Just disappointed.

Honestly, I agree with that. I got the DDE first then picked up the CE dirt cheap September before last. I feel the DDE vendor is more of a slap in the face having only one overpriced speeder for sale. I think the CE vendor has enough updates and maybe the DDE one should get something. CE owners get access to that vendor too so that would be basically showing both DDE and CE owners love.

Honestly, I agree with that. I got the DDE first then picked up the CE dirt cheap September before last. I feel the DDE vendor is more of a slap in the face having only one overpriced speeder for sale. I think the CE vendor has enough updates and maybe the DDE one should get something. CE owners get access to that vendor too so that would be basically showing both DDE and CE owners love.

there is no DDE vendor you paid money for (there is no DDE vendor at all). the only vendor which was paid with real cash is the ce-vendor. and it was the only vendor which was advertised to get regular exklusive updates.

Edited by Neglience

there is no DDE vendor you paid money for (there is no DDE vendor at all). the only vendor which was paid with real cash is the ce-vendor. and it was the only vendor which was advertised to get regular exklusive updates.

You haven't seen the vendor DDE owners get access to on fleet? Only it's called the VIP owner but when released, only DDE and CE owners could even reach the vendor.

But that attitude is why non-CE owners just call the reason for this thread as "whining" or "entitlement" because CE vendor has been updated. And if you bought the CE for over 100 dollars for a vendor you had no idea what he'd sell other than vanity objects, then people only laugh at you for being mad now.

Edited by Jacen_Starsolo

You haven't seen the vendor DDE owners get access to on fleet? Only it's called the VIP owner but when released, only DDE and CE owners could even reach the vendor.

no everyone could reach it through paying 1mil credits.

But that attitude is why non-CE owners just call the reason for this thread as "whining" or "entitlement" because CE vendor has been updated. And if you bought the CE for over 100 dollars for a vendor you had no idea what he'd sell other than vanity objects, then people only laugh at you for being mad now.

that is no attitude that is just a statement of facts.

Edited by Neglience

no everyone could reach it through paying 1mil credits.

without a gold farmer, who had access to it on day 1? DDE and CE owners only. And I don't remember that 1 million access was there on day 1 but one of the early patches. Having access to the VIP vendor was stated as part of the DDE "items".

Speeder there costs non-DDE and non-CE owners basically 2.5 million credits actually.

Again, saying "Update this vendor but don't you dare update that other one because I will cry" makes the stance seem as a QQ stance.

without a gold farmer, who had access to it on day 1? DDE and CE owners only. And I don't remember that 1 million access was there on day 1 but one of the early patches. Having access to the VIP vendor was stated as part of the DDE "items".

Speeder there costs non-DDE and non-CE owners basically 2.5 million credits actually.

Again, saying "Update this vendor but don't you dare update that other one because I will cry" makes the stance seem as a QQ stance.

it was from the beginning. and what should a dde owner do at day one at the vendor ? he couldnt buy anything too.

Again fact is: Regular exclusive updates for ce-vendor from EAware. No Updates for VIP-Vendor. Fact.

Feel free to ask for updates, but dont say ce-vendor got enough items. we are still not at the state of the ce-vendor that it should have been at the start.

Edited by Neglience

it was from the beginning. and what should a dde owner do at day one at the vendor ? he couldnt buy anything too.

Again fact is: Regular exklusive updates for ce-vendor from EAware. No Updates for VIP-Vendor. Fact.

If you feel they broke a contract then sue. If not (because there is no legal binding to say they have to update forever), then accept it. They already gave updates. And "regular" is a not a set time frame. Regular can be once a month or once a year or once a decade or even once a century. Thus BW actually fulfilled that promise.

They didn't say they would update other vendors but they have. Just because they did not say they would update the other vendor does NOT equal they can't. And that's the point. Asking for one but demanding they don't update the other makes the stance of this thread seem like only self-entitlement. Why are you so against other vendors in the game being updated at all?

Oh no, guys! They're going to close this thread for necroing! :[

So much of fighting, so much dedication and false promises... CE Vendor got totally ignored and neglected, despite the advertising. :'[

Necro first has to have a two month break before bringing it back to the front page. This thread never had a 2 month break.

• 2 weeks later...
I'd just be happy with the old gear getting placed into the CE vendor at this point..

I'd be happy with anything at this point. Even something like putting in a social gear vendor selling boxes of each planet's gear. Just a tiny convenience thing, but it's something.

My pref is to put the black dyes in the CE vendor for credits, which again, everyone can still get them, just a bit easier for CE.

Just a little something would be nice.