Collectors edition vendor

belizar

Hi EAware guys and gals.

Thanks for patching the exploit that ruined PvP and allowed people to trivialize PvE.

Also a big thanks for not banning anyone or even issuing a warning to these exploiters.

I am glad it only took you a few days to fix such a major, game-breaking issue.

At the same time, another big thank you for keeping the Cartel Market updated and fully functioning.

It is good to see where your priorities are.

Speaking of the Cartel Market, do you think we can get some of those CM items recolored and put on the CE vendor? Yep, just recolor them. That's all I am asking for. Pretty Please?

I know CE suckers don't matter to you anymore, but we have been supporting you guys for quite a while and I feel we deserve at least some appreciation. So can you please update the CE vendor in the next few weeks? A recolor shouldn't take you guys too long, I know this from experience and from looking at the speed at which the CM gets new items.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's time for titles to be offered in the CE vendor. I'll get you started:

1) The Entitled

2) Butthurt

Seriously, though, I agree that there should be more items. Although, I'm also aware that a few items were added just a few months ago.

I wonder how often this stuff should be updated? And why is nothing ever added to the VIP vendor?

I think it's time for titles to be offered in the CE vendor. I'll get you started:

1) The Entitled

2) Butthurt

Seriously, though, I agree that there should be more items. Although, I'm also aware that a few items were added just a few months ago.

I wonder how often this stuff should be updated? And why is nothing ever added to the VIP vendor?

I'm against the first title. That's one of the many phrases that's thrown around incorrectly on these boards.

At least 2 keep saying how can we expect new content on the CE vendor after a year, then ask for a reference to a CE that has ever done this. Well my answer would be none but at same time this was the only one that ever stated and hyped that they were going to keep updating with new stuff.

So I am looking at a my book case were I have many CE game boxes and or items on it.

What gets to me is this is the most expensive one on it at $150 pre-order + tax + (rush shipping added after they said they would not extend our early excess after the game goes live we would need the key to keep playing, yes they ended up going back on that I know but already paid for upgrade)

The next up would be Skyrim & Diablo 3 at roughly $90-$99+tax most others fall under $90

So what was the extra $50 for well I thought that was for the part no other CE offered extra/upgraded digital items.

So yes things changed they went F2P and offered us a 1,000cc to shut up. Well then they messed that up by trying to shut up all the digital deluxe players saying they wanted extra coins too, they ended up giving them a better turn around for there money even. So voided the out the 1,000cc was likey offered for in first place.

Whats been added 1 pet, 1 Head piece, & 4 dyes does anyone think this was worth $50?

Now all that aside yes I am still enjoying the game & for now still Subbed.

But I would really like the CE store they hyped.

So my suggestion they add a 2nd CE vendor to get access you most be a CE account and pay a X amount.

So lets say they come out and say for X amount a month they will add Y amount of stuff a month to this 2nd vendor.

Because we are paying for it with cash it would all be very cheap to no in game cost for said stuff.

we fill they are not adding stuff worth the extra cash we cancel that access.

The original vendor stays as is or maybe even still getting the lack luster upgrades its been getting.

Any thoughts on that?

Edited by Profion_Xilus

Now all that aside yes I am still enjoying the game & for now still Subbed.

But I would really like the CE store they hyped.

So my suggestion they add a 2nd CE vendor to get access you most be a CE account and pay a X amount.

So lets say they come out and say for X amount a month they will add Y amount of stuff a month to this 2nd vendor.

Because we are paying for it with cash it would all be very cheap to no in game cost for said stuff.

we fill they are not adding stuff worth the extra cash we cancel that access.

The original vendor stays as is or maybe even still getting the lack luster upgrades its been getting.

Any thoughts on that?

Nothing. They dont deserve any money in any way from ce-users and especially not more!

Edited by Neglience

Sad that this is what has become of the probably last Star Wars MMO. :(

doubtful this will be the last. Maybe the last for a few years, but not last ever. There is too much market power behind the brand to not release things with the name attached to it. Even if it will be something like a kingdom hearts game with star wars characters.

Almost 200 pages in and virtually no updates. No new gear at all, except some trash, expensive, reskinned and buggy monocle.

When has "expensive" ever been a genuine issue for you Alec? That's insincere IMO.

As for "200 pages".. what is your point? That page count = content guarantees? Most of the 200 pages is childish temper tantrums IMO. About 10% of it is actually constructive discussion on both sides of the issue. But hey.. fluff it up to 400 pages and get a new monocle perhaps. :p

Sad that this is what has become of the probably last Star Wars MMO. :(

When are you going to post this weeks winning PowerBall numbers? :p

Seriously... there will probably always bee a SW MMO as long as their are MMOs. We've had one continuously for more then a decade now.. and I'm pretty sure that digital content in a Collectors Edition is not a topic that factors into SW MMO presence in the market place.

When are you going to post this weeks winning PowerBall numbers? :p

Seriously... there will probably always bee a SW MMO as long as their are MMOs. We've had one continuously for more then a decade now.. and I'm pretty sure that digital content in a Collectors Edition is not a topic that factors into SW MMO presence in the market place.

Why would I tell others the winning numbers? :p

Handling of said content, or lack there of is the factor.

Handling of said content, or lack there of is the factor.

Heh.. considering how badly Sony handled the IP in the context of an MMO.. yet we still got another brand new one from a different studio....

...apparently not. :)

On topic for a bit.. we all would like more free stuff for sure. I support that. I just don't feel that CE digital content represents something devs should be putting attention on more then a year after game launch. There is no precedent for it in the market. They have plenty of other things to put that attention on.

Edited by Andryah

Heh.. considering how badly Sony handled the IP in the context of an MMO.. yet we still got another brand new one from a different studio....

On topic for a bit.. we all would like more free stuff for sure. I support that. I just don't feel that CE digital content represents something devs should be putting attention on more then a year after game launch. There is no precedent for it in the market. They have plenty of other things to put that attention on.

Then they should never have made CEs for TOR with that reasoning. :rolleyes:

And it's not like it would take all of BW to handle out stuff every X month. How come SOE could do that with SWG for normal subs, while TOR can't for CE owners? Is TOR suffering that bad?

Didn't they set the precedent for it when they advertised it and promised it to us many months before launch and through the first year the game was live? I know they didn't actually deliver; but they made a comittment, didn't live up to it for a year (my opinion), and then changed the wording on their advertisement so their prior commitment was null and void.

Thankfully I think this is the only collector's edition promise they failed to keep, but it is still a broken promise (again, in my opinion). I still play the game. I still pay my subscription each month, but it is still a broken promise (in my opinion).

Edited by Jaing

When has "expensive" ever been a genuine issue for you Alec? That's insincere IMO.

As for "200 pages".. what is your point? That page count = content guarantees? Most of the 200 pages is childish temper tantrums IMO. About 10% of it is actually constructive discussion on both sides of the issue. But hey.. fluff it up to 400 pages and get a new monocle perhaps. :p

Nah, next time it will be a tophat or cane to go with that monocle. :t_tongue:

Didn't they set the precedent for it when they advertised it and promised it to us many months before launch and through the first year the game was live? I know they didn't actually deliver; but they made a comittment, didn't live up to it for a year (my opinion), and then changed the wording on their advertisement so their prior commitment was null and void.

Not as far as I am concerned. Stop buying in to marketing hype IMO on MMOs. It saves a lot of disappointment.

Their only legally binding commitment is the EULA of the game... where it specifically states that any and all content can be added, changed, removed, at their sole discretion. I know people do not like it when this is pointed out to them.. but it is in fact where commerce law stands on this sort of thing.

If anyone bought the CE solely on the assumption that they were getting exclusive new and interesting digital content for the life of the game.. they fooled themselves IMO.

Then they should never have made CEs for TOR with that reasoning. :rolleyes:

And it's not like it would take all of BW to handle out stuff every X month. How come SOE could do that with SWG for normal subs, while TOR can't for CE owners? Is TOR suffering that bad?

***EDIT*** Quoted the wrong post. Too lazy to paste in the correct one.

True. Guess how many new CEs they will sell when they add content. None! You can't even buy it anymore. It doesn't make sense to put any real money or effort into this now.

Edited by AlienEyeTX

I really don't think that recoloring a speeder or womprat to add every month or so along with some more (atrocious) color dyes wouldn't be too much of a stretch, nor would it distract from any actual content being added, as I'm sure they would just utilize their cartel market recoloring team for it :p

I really don't think that recoloring a speeder or womprat to add every month or so along with some more (atrocious) color dyes wouldn't be too much of a stretch, nor would it distract from any actual content being added, as I'm sure they would just utilize their cartel market recoloring team for it :p

But have you not been reading the thread? The complainers don't want recolors or reskins.. they demand new leet exclusive items. :)

Edited by Andryah

Not as far as I am concerned. Stop buying in to marketing hype IMO on MMOs. It saves a lot of disappointment.

Their only legally binding commitment is the EULA of the game... where it specifically states that any and all content can be added, changed, removed, at their sole discretion. I know people do not like it when this is pointed out to them.. but it is in fact where commerce law stands on this sort of thing.

If anyone bought the CE solely on the assumption that they were getting exclusive new and interesting digital content for the life of the game.. they fooled themselves IMO.

Once more, after many, many, many, many, many times that many others have posted....advertising that there will be regular updates post-launch is something that must be honored. It was never a "if we feel like it.." it was a "There WILL be updates."

And although you like to toss the assumption that some people bought the CE for just the in-game items..I haven't see it in this thread. It was, as I have stated in the past, a partial deciding factor for many, seeing that there is no vet reward system in TOR still, etc.

But have you not been reading the thread? The complainers don't want recolors or reskins.. they demand new leet exclusive items. :)

No. I would be fine with recolors. I am sure most of the so called "complainers" would take those over nothing.

In fact it has been suggested (may times) that Bioware should put retired packs or recolored Cartel items on the CE vendor for a while, and make them BOP.

That is a very easy solution and one that requires minimum effort on their end.

We also haven't had an official reply in quite a while.

Once more, after many, many, many, many, many times that many others have posted....advertising that there will be regular updates post-launch is something that must be honored. It was never a "if we feel like it.." it was a "There WILL be updates."

Read your EULA and then get back to me on that. ;)

And advertising can be retracted at any time and offers cancelled or revised. The right is reserved by the provider, not the consumer, as is the definition of the word "regular.

And although you like to toss the assumption that some people bought the CE for just the in-game items..I haven't see it in this thread.

It's been stated multiple times by multiple people in this thread and others. Is it a true statement or a distortion for convenience?... no idea.

It was, as I have stated in the past, a partial deciding factor for many, seeing that there is no vet reward system in TOR still, etc.

OIC.... so people six months before launch bought the CE in part because there was no veteran system in a game not yet launched? :rolleyes: Do you have a permit for that "red herring"?

Edited by Andryah

They would.. and they would complain about it too. That's entire point of this thread.. complaining.

There will always be complaining, no matter what. And I think they've proven that they will complain about recolors.

I think they should add an item or two every six months or so. Recolors are fine. There is simply not enough ROI to justify spending any significant amount of effort on this.

And although you like to toss the assumption that some people bought the CE for just the in-game items..I haven't see it in this thread. It was, as I have stated in the past, a partial deciding factor for many, seeing that there is no vet reward system in TOR still, etc.

Yearly is regular and pretty much satisfies the legal requirements. Does it satisfy me as a customer? No. Does it satisfy most people in this thread? Apparently not.

I didn't buy the CE for the shop, it was actually a minor factor, but if I consider doing so in the future for a Bioware game I will remember that they don't necessarily follow through with any sort of intensive development for in-game exclusive shops.