Collectors edition vendor

belizar

You do know this is what was advertised for the CE right? It's not a "Oh look at me everyone!" attitude that people are falsely labeling CE owners as, it's simply the fact that people were told that this would happen if we bought a CE, people bought the CE with this in mind and then EAware failed on their promise and people are upset about it.

People just want what was promised.

Still arguing what the term "regular update" means I see. It means whatever Bioware decides it means. ;) Why? Because it's their product, not yours.

We all know there have been updates since launch, even recently in fact. Just not regularly enough for the CE digital content cry babies. And of course never the item you personally want and demand. :p

Not everyone was foolish enough to buy a "boxed CE" for the digital candy bits. Anyone that did.. well.. foolish IMO. Personally, I bought mine for the non-digital content inside the box...... because.. wait for it... they are collectable items in real life,,,hence "Collectors Edition" of the game. The digital candy bits are just that.. candy bits.

Now.. looking objectively......name one MMO CE edition that has given you digital content that was of any value past the first few months of launch. This MMO is the only one that I am aware of that has done so.

Edited by Andryah

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol looks like I made you mad again. Must suck being a white knight.

But please, continue with going at people who say anything about EA / Bioware messing up on something and expecting a responsible action being taken to fix the situation.

Edited by Eillack

Look, I think we (CE owners) all want a meaningful and significant update to the CE store regularly... but that ship sailed awhile ago unfortunately. Pre-launch and early launch, I used to think we'd be getting a unique mount or pet every major patch from the store. Now, I think the realistic hope we should have is at the start of every new expansion a minor update. A man can dream though...

Yep I guess we are done here. :rolleyes:

So I'd say putting a animal mount would be good. A reskin would cut it for me.

I would give a two-thumbs-up for that. :)

One could argue that we are due for a mount. Whether that's what we get or not... well.. that's up to Bioware.

So.. folks who would like something added to the vendor should be stuffing the suggestion box IMO.

Special skinned Dewback mount for CE vendor would be :eek::eek::eek:

Assuming Dewbacks get in game at all.

Heh, having oneself and guildmates roaming Tatooine in those would be epic. :)

I love how much fun the tauntauns alone are producing nothing but laughs in my guild while we were farming data on Hoth for them the past few days.

I could go with a Dewback. :)

I have trouble imagining one at 110% speed though. :p

Sadly I agree, but I hope it's not outside the realm of possibility!

They could also make it 90% and immune to knock offs like the EC tank, or something similar if that would help. I think there's a big community wish for Dewbacks and Banthas. I don't care so much for Banthas myself, but I'd love to see them available to the people who like them! It's classic Star Wars after all :)

Heh, having oneself and guildmates roaming Tatooine in those would be epic. :)

I love how much fun the tauntauns alone are producing nothing but laughs in my guild while we were farming data on Hoth for them the past few days.

Yeah, I would love it! All trooper group roaming around Outlaws Den on Dewbacks would be great.. Obviously looking for Droids!

Seems this is a good time go do some rage. :D

So we all remember about the exclusive, unique bla bla armors that were supposed to be in the CE vendors right?

One of them is not much of an exclusive. Check out that armor from cartel pack reputation...

http://dulfy.net/2013/08/16/swtor-bounty-supply-company-reputation-vendor-items/

And guess what? Not only that our only unique armor will no loger be unique the cartel one will be dyable yet our CE is still not.

Way to go Bio.... :rolleyes:

On another note anything new for us on the PTS? :rak_01:

Edited by jankiel

CE version of the game is no longer sold in stores why would there be an update to a content that is no longer attainable by player base? Perhaps it is time to re-brand the CE vendor or provide a way to gain CE vendor access.

It is still purchasable.

People bought it because it was advertised as a vendor that would be regulary updated.

Now I don't care much about making our stuff open to other players. Let them have it. But please Bio just honor the offer you made and update the damn thing.

CE version of the game is no longer sold in stores why would there be an update to a content that is no longer attainable by player base? Perhaps it is time to re-brand the CE vendor or provide a way to gain CE vendor access.

Because regular updates was part of the deal...? And when asked about the content of the updates Ohlen clearly said "weapons and armor" >.>

One equippable cartel market eyepiece reskin after a year and half and 3 ugly dyes. Regular content and unique weapons and armor. Totally.

It is still purchasable.

Excuse me, you did not understand. It is not through any known game selling store, therefore it is not. Now there may be one or two on an auction out there but that does not count as available to all players.

On the other note, are you suggesting BW and or EA has violated some sort of agreement? I do not know the details, I have never seen the CE edition and I have no clue what was included. It just sounds like a bad thing all together.

Excuse me, you did not understand. It is not through any known game selling store, therefore it is not. Now there may be one or two on an auction out there but that does not count as available to all players.

On the other note, are you suggesting BW and or EA has violated some sort of agreement? I do not know the details, I have never seen the CE edition and I have no clue what was included. It just sounds like a bad thing all together.

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20111021

Check this part:

Collector’s Edition Store. At launch the Collector’s Edition Store will be available to those who have the Collector’s Edition of The Old Republic, and will feature items found nowhere else in the game! The Collector’s Edition will be stocked with exclusive social items for yourself, and unique appearances for your companion. The store will also have regular updates to give players incentive to keep coming back.

A buch of people bought the CE because of this and yeah they got ignored. 1 Update(with 1 reskinned half arsed head armor) in what 1,5 year? Also months and months of utter silence from the devs. Sure Bioware didnt break any legal deal, but that is not how you build trust with you customers(those that gave the game the most support at start).

The Collector’s Edition will be stocked with exclusive social items for yourself, and unique appearances for your companion.

And now they make a cartel reskin of the only armor that was unique to the CE vendor. Is this a joke?

Edited by jankiel

You can buy them from Amazon. Is that not a "known game selling store" that is "available to all players".

Cos I feel like most people have heard of Amazon...

And apparently there is one there for 100 pounds which is less than the original price in 2011.

I got mine for about 30-40€ when one of the local stores decided to unload all the CE's it had left prior to the game going F2P.

Makes me wish I had picked up more than one. :p

Seems this is a good time go do some rage. :D

So we all remember about the exclusive, unique bla bla armors that were supposed to be in the CE vendors right?

One of them is not much of an exclusive. Check out that armor from cartel pack reputation...

http://dulfy.net/2013/08/16/swtor-bounty-supply-company-reputation-vendor-items/

And guess what? Not only that our only unique armor will no loger be unique the cartel one will be dyable yet our CE is still not.

Way to go Bio.... :rolleyes:

On another note anything new for us on the PTS? :rak_01:

Great, so now there are 2 versions of Imp armor that can be dyed, this one coming up and then the reward from Makeb rep on Imp side, and STILL no answer as to why our own set in the CE store won't be changed to have dye slots added. I'm just waiting on the Republic officer set to pop up as well on the cartel market with a couple of reskinned parts and then the whole set of it can be dyed as well. It's both sad and frustrating. Neither of these sets hardly see any use anymore because of stuff like this. Please, add dye slots to them!

Great, so now there are 2 versions of Imp armor that can be dyed, this one coming up and then the reward from Makeb rep on Imp side, and STILL no answer as to why our own set in the CE store won't be changed to have dye slots added. I'm just waiting on the Republic officer set to pop up as well on the cartel market with a couple of reskinned parts and then the whole set of it can be dyed as well. It's both sad and frustrating. Neither of these sets hardly see any use anymore because of stuff like this. Please, add dye slots to them!

Republic officer look-a-like can be received for fleet comms. It's a civilian pilot outfit without military insignia

I was gutted when the Civilian Pilot outfit came out; I admit to not having loved the Republic Officer uniform but it was nice to have something unique. I always took solace in the ability to go over to my Imperial characters and wear the Imperial Trooper armour though, but I guess the days to enjoy that are numbered!

Very disappointed that the decision was made to release this as part of the Cartel system.

All this new information and their contempt for CE owners and Subscribers in general makes me happy I'm outta here. I wont have to experience any of their crap anymore. It's like a weight being lifted from my shoulders. They've lost my respect the moment the game went live with an unrelated incident. Ever since then I've noticed one thing or another where they've committed some kind of transgression and never made up for it, bar one time early on for something, and that was it. They've completely soured everything there was to like about this game. This behavior has been going on for how long now? They don't give a crap about you if they don't even realize that this latest stunt isn't insulting to CE owners. And if they do know then they'll also wager you'll continue to support them every month regardless. Ever since launch till now I've stuck with it and continued to support them. But I see nothing ever changes even when they say it will. So for me it was clear. It was time to put up or shut up. Because of that, I'm looking at this joke of a studio in my rear view mirror and enjoying another MMORPG that will be out very soon.

Side Note:

Bioware Austin,

Why should I help you if you wont help yourselves? It's like you've given up and don't care anymore. This game is plagued with so very many problems, many related to your mangled game engine, and sub par talent. Yet you do nothing about it. Exhibit A Those rocks truly are a masterpiece in world design for a 2011 game. You should be praised. There are other examples but I gather my point is clear.

Edited by xorcist