Collectors edition vendor

belizar

If it's entertainment for you, you just admitted you like getting a rise out of people here. You resort to the same thing, with your nasty and condescending remarks.

:rolleyes:

Yep, I can't say what I think about that person because opinions are not allowed on the swtor forums.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You forgot to embrace the following.

Astutely, your intent is not to provide rational thought. It is a compulsion to provide a catalyst. Ergo, You see yourself as sublime to everyone else here. On the contrary you are not. In point of fact, you may or may not realize that your presence is irrelevant. Even though you find it the most pertinent. Your efforts are Assiduous, while remaining inexorable. Concorantly, it has been proven that you are irrevocably abstaining the certitude that you are in denial. It is systemic to all. Consequently, your perception will invariably remain fundamentally flawed. You already know this. And now, the rest do as well.

Everytime I see that I crack up.

Time to let it go you say? I think the same could be said about your hyper defense of Bioware in this matter heh ;). They took a stance on this before the game was released, it's time they held to their word. You know if they just came out and made some kind of announcement with their intentions on what their plan is with the vendor from this point forward, I bet it would help a lot.

It's not hyper-defense, it's actually accepting reality for what it is. TBH I see many "petitioners" acting in the same manner that they accuse Andryah of being. Jaing made an excellent point in his post on the previous page. I can't count the number of times in history that a product failed to live up to the hype surrounding it and the promises made from it - and that's not just in the gaming industry.

Would it be nice for the CE vendor to live up the ideal that many people have in their heads about it? Of course. But looking at it objectively, it was nothing but a bullet point, a selling feature, and ultimately a part of the hype surrounding the game before release. Caveat Emptor, the expression is I believe. As has been mentioned so many times before, one (if one is actually a smart consumer), must factor in all benefits of a purchase and can't (or shouldn't) focus on just a single aspect of a purchase. To do so is to wholly invite disappointment through the front door. The CE vendor notwithstanding, the total package was more than enough to make me feel the cost of purchase was justified.

I remember the time, way back in 2005 when this upstart company call ArenaNet was in the process of releasing a new MMO that was sure to change the face of the fledgling genre. When the details of their CE were released for their game, one of the features was an exclusive in-game emote called the Divine Aura that could be used to show off your "leetness" in game.

"Oh cool" I thought, that is a neat perk to have for spending the extra money. However, as I recall, the CE also came with a hardcover book of concept art and stuff, a Guild Wars branded headset, and a free Teamspeak server or something or other. Ultimately, I decided to purchase the CE and just as ultimately was underwhelmed by what the Divine Aura turned out to be. Fortunately, because I evaluated the entire package objectively as a whole, was still quite content and satisfied with my purchase, and remain so to this day. As point in fact, after they implemented the cash shop in the game, I offered up that they should sell the Divine Aura (as well as all the original pre-order special weapons) in the shop to everyone for purchase. I did this because I knew it would ultimately benefit the game by bringing in extra income.

In the end, we need to look at the reality of the situation and realize that no matter how good intentions may be, Real Life tends not fit our little concept of fair play, and that as times change, that forces us to change our gameplans and realize that sometimes outside circumstances mean that promises once made can no longer be kept. If there is one other constant in the universe aside from Death and Taxes, is that nothing ever, ever lives up to the hype. I have found by keeping that in mind, I sleep a lot better at night an go through life a much happier person.

Edited by TravelersWay

Wow, we're still talking about this?

Look, we got dye updates, right? That's how it'll be. Let me save you the suspense. When some new, general item is introduced, we'll get a special version.

Maybe you think you deserve more, but BW don't and that's what you're gonna get.

PS In case anyone wonders, yes I have the CE.

They haven't managed to deliver the goods on the CE store since launch week, why would anyone assume it will ever be different? The CE store will have minimal updates, probably just a dye or a color changed armor set, but having anything unique and awesome from the store is abit of a pipe dream. They have shown over the course of the last 2 years that they don't care about the CE store, so lets not delude ourselves into dreaming that it will change.

How it SHOULD have gone.....

Have 4-5 unique and one of a kind items, whether toys, pets, mounts or armors... and let all CE characters select only ONE. It would create variety and would keep things freshed since they could cycle a new set of items for the CE store every few months.

Again, just a pipe dream though. The CE is never gonna see significant time or effort put into it.

- a CE owner who's long accepted the CE store was a cruel joke. abit of bait and switch on a small scale

It matters when purchasing decisions are influenced by this "stance."

No my friend.. that is just bad consumer habits by the buyer.

Name one MMO where the original CE exclusive virtual content launched was worth anything of any importance 90 days after launch. I'll wait. :)

You guys really need to get a grip on reality IMO. If you feel suckered by buying into anything CE in any MMO.. that's on you. You know why? Because the producer offers you some virtual sweet treats... but it is your expectation of how they will taste and how long they last that drives your continued ranting and complaining.

And like it or not... at least they are continuing to put some new content into the vendor from time to time. They define "regular updates" not us as players. They are doing more then any other MMO ever has for CE owners. But of course, it's not enough for some.... no surprise.. this is a MMO gaming forum. You can complain endlessly, and attack anyone who disagrees with you.. but it will change nothing.

Edited by Andryah

No my friend.. that is just bad consumer habits by the buyer.

Name one MMO where the original CE exclusive virtual content launched was worth anything of any importance 90 days after launch. I'll wait. :)

You guys really need to get a grip on reality IMO. If you feel suckered by buying into anything CE in any MMO.. that's on you. You know why? Because the producer offers you some virtual sweet treats... but it is your expectation of how they will taste and how long they last that drives you continued ranting and complaining.

I thought you ignored me. :rolleyes: Likewise, you're making assumptions about me that are simply untrue. I bought this CE (and other CEs) based on the physical goodies included. Never virtual items. That being said, why is it a "bad consumer habit" to purchase something based on the description of the product? One that was quite clear, until it was muddied and contorted when it failed to materialize?

Likewise, I tend to make a post or two in here every four months - hardly continual ranting. I simply understand why others keep the pressure up to make good on the original intent of the product they bought. There is a very legitimate issue, here. And this remains something that has never been directly addressed by BioWare - they've never reiterated their stance, clarified why it changed, or established any kind of real dialogue with their playerbase.

I believe, wholeheartedly, that BioWare intended to follow through on their original direction for the CE store (and the game in general). I also believe that many of those here based their decision to purchase on that original direction. And I understand the frustration experienced when the full product did not materialize.

I'm not going to drag the community down by shaming and blaming them, though. Nor am I going to lower myself to personal attacks and question the legitimacy of the issues here. I'm simply lending my voice to support these players in hopes that they can either establish an actual dialogue with BioWare, either to explain the difference in description vs. reality, to bring those two things in line, or both. :)

I thought you ignored me. :rolleyes: Likewise, you're making assumptions about me that are simply untrue. I bought this CE (and other CEs) based on the physical goodies included. Never virtual items. That being said, why is it a "bad consumer habit" to purchase something based on the description of the product? One that was quite clear, until it was muddied and contorted when it failed to materialize?

Likewise, I tend to make a post or two in here every four months - hardly continual ranting. I simply understand why others keep the pressure up to make good on the original intent of the product they bought. There is a very legitimate issue, here. And this remains something that has never been directly addressed by BioWare - they've never reiterated their stance, clarified why it changed, or established any kind of real dialogue with their playerbase.

I believe, wholeheartedly, that BioWare intended to follow through on their original direction for the CE store (and the game in general). I also believe that many of those here based their decision to purchase on that original direction. And I understand the frustration experienced when the full product did not materialize.

I'm not going to drag the community down by shaming and blaming them, though. Nor am I going to lower myself to personal attacks and question the legitimacy of the issues here. I'm simply lending my voice to support these players in hopes that they can either establish an actual dialogue with BioWare, either to explain the difference in description vs. reality, to bring those two things in line, or both. :)

I wouldn't be surprised if someone had the audacity to claim EA/BW was promoting false advertising. Although this vendor has gotten updates—albeit extremely small updates—we all know Andryah's agenda here.

If we avoid responding to her remarks and unsubstantiated accusations, she'll go away.

I'm not a CE person so I can't claim to sympathize, but the fact remains that this game didn't hit the mark they were looking for. As in, if everything went according to their plan, the game would still be a subscription-based MMO.

I wouldn't care if the CE people got more goodies (although expecting regular influxes of unique one-of-a-kind items especially for them is a little self centered in my opinion). However, the more pressing issue I see is that subscriptions as a whole are treated frivolously now. I'm not saying that Free-to-Play needs more restrictions, I'd argue the opposite, but that now they seem to implement things solely for the Cartel Market and tell subscribers to pay for it as well.

I'd say that injustice, warrants more attention and development dollars than producing special items for tiny subset of people.

<Warning: Cartel Market Rant>

(I realize there is a sort of stipend of Cartel Coins for subscribers, but I don't really think it excuses what they're doing. If you save every coin it'd bet you could buy all the new straight-up-purchase items, but some of the stuff is hidden behind RNG. I'm not trying to say that I should get all the cosmetic items, but I'm sure I could find at least one thing in those packs that should be an outright given for subscribers. The RNG is a whole injustice in itself.)

First of all I'm glad that we've gotten anything at all, but there is still quite a glaring thing that has been asked time and time again and never been answered. Are we ever going to be able to dye CE armor? If not the original sets could we please get new sets of armor added that have dye slots in them? Also it would be nice to see a CE set of color crystals.

I'm not a CE person so I can't claim to sympathize, but the fact remains that this game didn't hit the mark they were looking for. As in, if everything went according to their plan, the game would still be a subscription-based MMO.

I wouldn't care if the CE people got more goodies (although expecting regular influxes of unique one-of-a-kind items especially for them is a little self centered in my opinion). However, the more pressing issue I see is that subscriptions as a whole are treated frivolously now. I'm not saying that Free-to-Play needs more restrictions, I'd argue the opposite, but that now they seem to implement things solely for the Cartel Market and tell subscribers to pay for it as well.

I'd say that injustice, warrants more attention and development dollars than producing special items for tiny subset of people.

<Warning: Cartel Market Rant>

(I realize there is a sort of stipend of Cartel Coins for subscribers, but I don't really think it excuses what they're doing. If you save every coin it'd bet you could buy all the new straight-up-purchase items, but some of the stuff is hidden behind RNG. I'm not trying to say that I should get all the cosmetic items, but I'm sure I could find at least one thing in those packs that should be an outright given for subscribers. The RNG is a whole injustice in itself.)

You do know this is what was advertised for the CE right? It's not a "Oh look at me everyone!" attitude that people are falsely labeling CE owners as, it's simply the fact that people were told that this would happen if we bought a CE, people bought the CE with this in mind and then EAware failed on their promise and people are upset about it.

People just want what was promised.