Collectors edition vendor

belizar

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
I'd be happy with anything at this point. Even something like putting in a social gear vendor selling boxes of each planet's gear. Just a tiny convenience thing, but it's something.

My pref is to put the black dyes in the CE vendor for credits, which again, everyone can still get them, just a bit easier for CE.

Just a little something would be nice.

/agree

But then again, who am I kidding... we won't get anyhing new

You do understand that there's been more than 2 years from launch? Pet (recolor), headgear (recolor), dyes (only black-yellow truly exclusive). Correct me if I missed something, but it's more than 200 days per item. Call me entitled or whatever you want, it won't change I'm unhappy and disappointed how they handle CE vendor.

You do understand that there's been more than 2 years from launch? Pet (recolor), headgear (recolor), dyes (only black-yellow truly exclusive). Correct me if I missed something, but it's more than 200 days per item. Call me entitled or whatever you want, it won't change I'm unhappy and disappointed how they handle CE vendor.

The CE vendor was hyped up a fair bit in prelaunch, and was a strong influence in many players' decisions to buy the CE over the deluxe digital DL. But once the money was in hand, BW basically ignored the vendor, and has only added a couple of recolor items to it in the 2 years since launch.

Here's the real question: how many of us who bought the CE would still have done so if we'd known how the CE vendor would be handled? I, for one, would not have spent the extra 90 bucks.

P.S.: if anyone wants to buy a lame-*** statute of darth malgus that's been sitting in a box for 2 years, let me know.

The CE vendor was hyped up a fair bit in prelaunch, and was a strong influence in many players' decisions to buy the CE over the deluxe digital DL. But once the money was in hand, BW basically ignored the vendor, and has only added a couple of recolor items to it in the 2 years since launch.

Here's the real question: how many of us who bought the CE would still have done so if we'd known how the CE vendor would be handled? I, for one, would not have spent the extra 90 bucks.

P.S.: if anyone wants to buy a lame-*** statute of darth malgus that's been sitting in a box for 2 years, let me know.

I bought it for the extras, namely the Gnost-Dural journal and Malgus' statue. Wouldn't mind having more exclusive stuff available but I didn't care that much back then.

In other words, I would've bought it regardless. Just my two cents.

CE vendor has been mediocre at best considering how long it's been and how many updates it's feasibly could have gotten over 24 months. As mentioned the statue and journal were cool and all but as much as the CE vendor was hyped up there should be far more there.

I bought it for the extras, namely the Gnost-Dural journal and Malgus' statue. Wouldn't mind having more exclusive stuff available but I didn't care that much back then.

I tossed everything in the box, except the security key, in the trash after I had the game loaded.

All I cared about were the virtual items. Not really worth the 90 dollars. BW made it sound like the CE vender was going to be updated a lot for its "loyal followers". Now I know if Bioware says there is a CE vender in their next game to take it with a grain of salt.

Edited by illgot

I remember I bought the CE mostly for this CE store that was said to be regularly updated.... Well after the whole ME3 ending debacle and all the lies by the SWTOR marketing department, I have learned one thing.... Never trust anything Bioware says or shows. Be it trailers or any announcements, don't trust them.

Same for me. I buy them for the actual supplemental content inside the box. I still have my WoW CE on the shelf. The digital goodie panda pet that came with it...... have not seen that in almost a decade.

Anyone who buys a CE edition of an MMO for the "digital goodies" is making an error in judgment IMO.

See that new guy, Tait? Might try with him :]

He's new, so!

Corporations are interesting. They actually brief and bring new staff up to speed before they turn them loose.

I'm sure there is a briefing sheet about this thread in Erics files that says something along the lines of:

"Collectors Edition Vendor thread ------> a dark and persistent presence, much like the Cantina in Mos Eisley in SW Episode IV. Enter at your own risk." :p

I'm sure Tait received a copy. ;) It remains to be seen how adventurous he is.

I'm sure they all read this thread, including Grant. It's just that there is nothing to gold post about in this thread.

Edited by Andryah

Same for me. I buy them for the actual supplemental content inside the box. I still have my WoW CE on the shelf. The digital goodie panda pet that came with it...... have not seen that in almost a decade.

Anyone who buys a CE edition of an MMO for the "digital goodies" is making an error in judgment IMO.

Yeah sure because "The store will also have regular updates to give players incentive to keep coming back"

:p

Put Korrealis Baron and Commander on the Ce vendor :D

This. Please great idea and any other speeders removed slowly release them to tbe CE Vendor. Very little work to do this for them should be a quick easy implementation. Go go go thanks

This. Please great idea and any other speeders removed slowly release them to tbe CE Vendor. Very little work to do this for them should be a quick easy implementation. Go go go thanks

I think they should do it, without that stupid steel plate covering the second seat, that is glitching out anyway!

So everyone should have had to buy past collectors editions of other games to know they were going to get screwed?

Here's the thing; I've been playing MMO's for more than 15 years; I've played all the big ones including the early ones, UO, EQ, AC, AO; I've played all the second generation ones WoW, SWG... brain hurts there are too many to list. Aion, AoC.... name them, and unless its some puny korean grinder I've probably played it (and i've even played some of the asian grinders, i just keep those to a minimum...)

The point is I buy and play tons of games; and MMO's

You know what I don't do? Buy collectors editions. I read each and every one of them carefully to see if they offer something I might want and they never do so I just buy the game (or play a free trial).

Only a handful of those games were worth playing for more than a few weeks or a couple of months to see what the game was about and than move on, and less than a dozen were worth playing for more than a year and had real end game content that was worth sticking around for.

Out of all of them I can only name 3 that I even truly miss and wish they were worth going back to occasionally.

Here's the thing; out of all those MMO's do you know which one I had the highest hopes for? SWTOR

And I'm not even saying that I had pie in the sky hopes, I had very realistic hopes; it only needed to be decent and it would meet my expectations. I didn't need it to be the most super awesome incredibly advanced genre defining thing ever. I just needed it to be on par with Aion or WoW or at least have the potential to be as good and it would meet my expectations.

You know what singular thing convinced me to buy the collectors edition? the first collectors edition I've ever bought in 15 years of playing MMO's ? The promise that it would have regularly updated exclusive items; even if those items were mostly cosmetic.

We can talk about the quality of the game at launch or the other things that might be wrong with the game but I'll be honest. I was one of those people that was more than happy with the game at launch. It met most of my expectations and had the potential to meet the rest with updates. I'm not a terribly hard person to please. I was happy with the game for a while and I could easily be made happy again.

Do you know what pisses me off and makes me keep cancelling my subscription? Lies.

I was lied to from day one that the CE would have regular updates. I've watched the in game economy turned into a freaking joke. And what pains me more is I watched the devs lie about making the trade skills in this game relevant and than do the exact opposite.

I don't think it's too much to ask for something that we paid for; and I don't think it's too much to ask for what was promised.

The crafting system sucks and the CE vendor is never updated. If they can't keep those two promises they made before the game launched; than why am I here? If this game didn't have a star wars skin over it I wouldn't even keep coming back to give them more chances.