Collectors edition vendor

belizar

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what would be nice? If they made the crystals they gave us useful. I know I know, you can buy upgraded ones. But with the release of the CM level 10 crystals...couldn't they adjust that we get a level 10 B/Y +41 stat crystal? (I know they could, would and should is the question). And let us buy for say...100k? level 10 +41 stat crystals at the vendor. Make it not a collection item for all I care. But I think that'd be something...I want more armours weapons etc...but it would be a start.

You know what would be nice? If they made the crystals they gave us useful. I know I know, you can buy upgraded ones. But with the release of the CM level 10 crystals...couldn't they adjust that we get a level 10 B/Y +41 stat crystal? (I know they could, would and should is the question). And let us buy for say...100k? level 10 +41 stat crystals at the vendor. Make it not a collection item for all I care. But I think that'd be something...I want more armours weapons etc...but it would be a start.

crystals are from pre-order, not CE.

I'm only wearing the Black/Yellow dye. That's the only thing worth from the vendor, IMO.

:(

I have one character using that dye too. The other dyes are actually so bad that I don't care they can be given to non-CE owners. The security key vendor had a better dye anyhow than the original CE vendor dyes.

This is exactly the kind of things Ohlen was saying will show up on the vendor.

Maybe give the CE vendors a lightsaber with light that flows around the top of the hilt? I don't know. The lightning effect is freakin' awesome, and it would be great for us to get something ONLY obtainable through the CE vendor. CM (and any other method) will get no similar version.

I dont own a CE, but i can get behind this idea.

I dont like the thought of a ton of exclusive stuff being released to the CE vendor on a regular basis, but having maby 3-4 mssively exclusive items would be more than enough (IMHO) to justify the purchase.

There is already the new colour dye that only CE owners can get.

But maby a unique weapon of each type would be good?

Nothing too cool since the forums would be in an uproar about how unfair that would be, but a unique weapon of each type would be good.

Maby based on the movies?

Or maby unique companion skins?

Something like that would be good i think.

Sorry, but this is not about what you like, neither is it about being able to justify the purchase. This is about getting what was advertised.

Tad hostile i'd say.

Also, heres what it says on the ad... http://img.game.co.uk/images/content/SpecialEditions/SWTORCE.jpg

"Unique in-game vendor with a dynamic assortment of items."

No more, no less.

Tad hostile i'd say.

Also, heres what it says on the ad... http://img.game.co.uk/images/content/SpecialEditions/SWTORCE.jpg

No more, no less.

Sorry, but you are incorrect. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20111021

Upon news of pre-order, we were told that the CE Vendor would have regular updates including items found nowhere else in the game. That obviously isn't true now that we own it. They added some re-colored items found on the cartel market. So, not unique. And not what was advertised for the purpose of a sale. Which is illegal. Without question they defaulted on their end of the agreement. Had they not promised what they did, it would all be fine. But most of the owners of the CE were influenced into purchasing it because of the CE vendor and their promises surround it. After a year and a half we know that to be a lie.

The only thing to do in retaliation to hurt them back is to get the eff out and no longer support a greedy company that only looks toward the Cartel Market and not their loyal subscribers. Final Fantasy A realm reborn is around the corner so I'm heading over there. Other new and exciting MMO's are on the horizon as well, so there are many choices. I absolutely love Star Wars, but so much that they've done to date has soured the experience for me that they've made this game not fun anymore. I accepted the bugs, and graphical no noes. Their broken Frankenstein engine and so much more. The only good thing I see in that CE vendor is the black/yellow dye. Thats it. But, too little to late. We see how many unique items and gear can be completed for the Cartel Market. But I guess loyalties change when your job is in jeopardy and you can't sustain a profitable subscription income for the game.

Tad hostile i'd say.

No more, no less.

Apart from the advertisement link the other chap provided, we had two different interviews with James Ohlen who, with great excitement, was talking about unique weapons and armor they're gonna add to the vendor.

Upon news of pre-order, we were told that the CE Vendor would have regular updates including items found nowhere else in the game. That obviously isn't true now that we own it.

The only justified issue is people have their own definition of what "regular" means.

You can argue and anguish about it forever, but in the end...the term is subjective (lacking any fixed value in terms of days, duration, etc)... so the game developer, and the game developer alone, decides what it means and how they apply it.

As for the items.. they are exclusively on that vendor.

As for items players want or feel entitled to.. that burden rests with the players.

Edited by Andryah

Apart from the advertisement link the other chap provided, we had two different interviews with James Ohlen who, with great excitement, was talking about unique weapons and armor they're gonna add to the vendor.

Interview comments from game developers about future content is neither a commitment, nor any form of advertising. Developers comment all the time about future content.. and very often reality =/= the talk. They are simply sharing with players what they are thinking and planning. Thoughts and plans change. That's real life in MMOs.. and to pretend otherwise is naïve.

Would we as CE owners love more exclusive content? Of course. We are craving human beings.

Will craving human beings distort, conflate, and fixate on comments from developers in true OCD fashion? Absolutely.. that is the nature of humans.

Does any of it make any difference whatsoever? Nope.. not in the least.

Edited by Andryah

As a non CE owner, I'm still hoping the Taun-Taun mount will be a CE exclusive! Now that would be unique for CE owners!

If they do add it to the CE vendor, they should make it the ONLY taun taun mount in the game, with no recolors or slightly different models made available. That would make it totally unique and actually come to close to being what was promised by the devs with regards to the CE vendor.