every day people leave due to imbalance

Vase

My friends list is rarely lit any more with people that pvp. Once in a while we can muster a op in prime time to push ilum. But the fact that there are about 2 to 1 empire side means that the gear gap widens and widens. Its easier for Empire to do dailies. Ilum is over run 80% of the time. Its easier for empire to win warzones when republic starts short handed about 50% of the time. Empire should thank Bioware for free wins.

I know 5 people that have quit over these issues and I know 3 more then switched to empire. My guild has quit the level 50 pvp bracket all together. We do 1-49 when no raiding.

Its a death spiral if Bioware does not address this issue.

At least give the side with less people a bonus to valor and at best give them a increase in the bolster.

My server is 3:1 in favor of empire.

We farm them like sheeps from 20.00 to 21.00.

Its severe to the point where imperial sheeps bail from Ilum with tails between their legs as soon as 20.00 hits.

We need to change times so that spineless imperial sheeps wont run away as soon as slightest opposition arises and actually kills them with much lesser numbers with low or no losses at all.

Basilisk Droid server.

Edited by Lerdoc

I just played a voidstar WZ where we had 6 they had 8. WE almost got to the datacore. WE would have beat them soundly if we had 8 people but this WZ short handed BS is getting old. ITs very demoralizing to lose over an over to imbalance issues.

Fighting outnumbered builds character, helps develop backbone and strategy. Regardless of which side has fewer players. Even with a number cushion the consistently larger force is meek, they take loses harder, are more prone to quitting, have a generally lower communication and skill ceiling, and many times level of their outnumbered counterpart.

In Warhammer online they tried to fix this issue by giving the Order (republic) side a large boost in overall effectiveness. Mirror classes for Order would do more healing and more damage than similarly equipped and leveled Chaos toons. This led to a large shift to the side of Order, and soon their side outnumbered the Chaos side. Then, Chaos began the same complaints that existed before the shift from the opposing side.

The point of this story is that I'm not sure how they could make it worth your while to play something that looks less cool (in most people's opinion) without destroying the game.

P.S. The same company that made Warhammer Online made this game. Hopefully they can use their past experience to make a better decision.

In Warhammer online they tried to fix this issue by giving the Order (republic) side a large boost in overall effectiveness. Mirror classes for Order would do more healing and more damage than similarly equipped and leveled Chaos toons. This led to a large shift to the side of Order, and soon their side outnumbered the Chaos side. Then, Chaos began the same complaints that existed before the shift from the opposing side.

The point of this story is that I'm not sure how they could make it worth your while to play something that looks less cool (in most people's opinion) without destroying the game.

P.S. The same company that made Warhammer Online made this game. Hopefully they can use their past experience to make a better decision.

You just give XP/Valor buff to the outnumbered side so people may reroll.

Lol, that sounds like the dumbest idea ever, ofc people went to order, why would you play chaos if the other side gets a buff like that....:rolleyes:

I am quite happy with the people that seem to be leaving the game. If you have no patience for a new MMO then I would prefer you to leave now and possibly come back at a later time. Or, more likely, find another game to complain about and leave, thus perpetuating your self-imposed cycle.

Dont misinterpret my post as a general I hate to lose thread. Its about the fact that there is a clear incentive for being on the over populated side. Its there we all know it. You can nit pick the details. This imbalance alone constitutes a power shift. This power shift allows the overpopulated side to get gear quicker and to more players further shifting the power. There isn't even an attempt at balance that is my beaf with BIOWARE.

You just give XP/Valor buff to the outnumbered side so people may reroll.

How about a per warzone buff (or debuff) so that for example in a 5 vs 8 match, the 5 players have boosted stats (or for a debuff the 8 players llose some stats to even the balance).

This would obvously have to auto adjust itself in the event that more players join (or leave) a WZ in progress.

Implementation I suspect owuld be very similar to the bolster buff for the 10-49 bracket, and any WOW players should know exactly what I mean when they think about how wintergrasp auto balanced itself.

Edited by TandyUK

A bit off-topic, but I keep reading about the lack of chat bubbles and no one ever explains what they bring to the table. Could you explain more? Thanks!

It just allows conversations and commands to flow rather than staring at the awkwardly placed chat window.

Edited by Cowflab

No Offense but Open world PvP is like real life. Sadly it is a fact of life that the side with the bigger army is always going to win. If people dont recognize this fact, theyll start yelling for balance, but the solutions will tend to imbalance in the other direction.

The only really viable solution for Illum is to make it like Alterac Valley was when it first came out. Not the retarded foot face it is today, but the constant back and forth struggle that truly felt like one was in a big warzone.

How about a per warzone buff (or debuff) so that for example in a 5 vs 8 match, the 5 players have boosted stats (or for a debuff the 8 players llose some stats to even the balance).

This would obvously have to auto adjust itself in the event that more players join (or leave) a WZ in progress.

Implementation I suspect owuld be very similar to the bolster buff for the 10-49 bracket, and any WOW players should know exactly what I mean when they think about how wintergrasp auto balanced itself.

It would make sense if they had something that would key off how many players are in a warzone, but that doesn't address the problems that exist in Illum.

Also, please don't make me think about Wintergrasp. Frozen Throne was my least favorite addition to that game. It seemed to make all of the gear and classes kind of manila.

No.. no they didnt...

Against All Odds was a buff for the underdog faction that gave a % renown (valor) boost based on how out #'d the underdog side was.

No classes were made OP on purpose to get rerolls, what game were you playing...?

Mythic Entertainment made Warhammer Online... Bioware made SWTOR w/ a few former WAR devs doing something on SWTOR's pvp.

Edited by Ratham

No.. no they didnt...

Against All Odds was a buff for the underdog faction that gave a % renown (valor) boost based on how out #'d the underdog side was.

No classes were made OP on purpose to get rerolls, what game were you playing...?

Mythic Entertainment made Warhammer Online... Bioware made SWTOR w/ a few former WAR devs doing something on SWTOR's pvp.

I just spent some time searching through update notes from Mythic, and I will have to concede to you on this simply because I can't find any proof. I remember them making the change quite some time after the game came out and was starting to lose steam. It's possible that I'm confusing facts with silly forum banter. I played Chaos for the duration of my time in the game, so I don't have first had experience with stat increases or the difference between the two factions.

On the other note, EA owns both Bioware and Mythic, and my understanding is that a large group of developers from WAR came over to help with SWTOR. Even if only a few people came over, the developers can still use the information from the failed game to help make this game better.

Thing is, in almost every other game the equivalent of valor is actually useful in upgrading your gear. In swtor once you have your champ gear + 2 Rakata (*** is that all about) valor is absolutely useless. Honestly i am more and more coming to a conclusion that its just too late for this game. And yes i realise its only been 2mo, and it took me like 6mo to quit WAR but somehow they just borked things so hard and so fast here and it all snowballed so fast i just dont feel like this game can even recover at this point.

I don't mind imbalance in numbers, as long as the game is stable and playable. Having underdogs adds a bit of variety and spice to what can become stale and boring PvP. That being said, in a 2 faction environment the risk is much higher for the imbalance to get out of hand.

My main problem with PvP in this game is Ilum, it will not handle an OP vs OP on my box, while I had 0 problems in WAR and Rift with large numbers battling.

but somehow they just borked things so hard and so fast here and it all snowballed so fast i just dont feel like this game can even recover at this point.

Patch 1.1. In one fell swoop they destroyed Ilum, killed their valor system, and left an entire faction at a disadvantage.

Pretty amazing right there. Must be some kind of record.

No, people leave because there is no point in taking part in PVP other than gear. That game has already been played before, and it's old.

People want meaningful PVP to take place where taking positions and areas mean something and the battlefield changes based on outcomes of fights. Adding in minigame rankings is not this. Minigames are not PVP, they are e-sport competitions and are better left to first person shooters and arcades.

The whole genre of MMORPGs is suffering from this, but SWTOR and Bioware dropped the ball by following instead of leading. We already have enough WOW clones. SWG was ripe for the taking. They could have used the knowledge from that old MMO and forged something better from it instead of copying something safe like WOW.

Themeparks are just an awful design for MMOs. "Blah, blah, blah, numbers!" Call of Duty has numbers. That doesn't make it a "good" game.

/rantoff

it is actually easier for the republic to win warzones. i rerolled to the pubs specifically for the lack of huttball, and just to see how you nerfherders live, and found myself having more fun with teams that know how to play voidstar and civil war. i also found the story to be fun, especially when i'm playing it evil.