For all of you who hate the tracer missile animation:

halfhourofpower

Because it's so easily identifyed by your opponets it can be interupted that much easier. I would like it changed to something that looked like power shot/fusion missle just to keep them guessing.

the main reason i like the animation is because the "common want" is fusion missle, which will

1) put a target showing on your target allowing pre-heals, shields and LOS to be worse

2) a red line pointing right at me so they are charging me before i get the shot off

given the choice between tracer and fusion, i like fusion better, purely from a pvp perspective of course.

I love it.

I LOVE the animation. It' awesome. But, I do agree that it looks very silly when spammed. I think switching Tracer and Fusions animations would make a tremendous amount of sense. Both animations work so much better with the other move and we'd still get to see the cool "rocket pack missile launcher" animation from time to time with Fusion Missile.

I love it too... when i see it i know your an easy kill for my Pyro Merc cos you rolled arsenal :):D

i love pyro mercs, i gobble them up, they think jumping around spinning and throwing fire is anything more than pretty fireworks

cure > pyro

I think your thread title is a misrepresentation of what's being said. From what I've read, people don't hate the Tracer Missile animation. They just hate spamming it and have asked that it be switched with an animation that wouldn't look as silly being fired over and over again.

I love the Tracer Missile animation, but I think it would look better and make more sense if it were attached to the long cooldown AoE attack of Fusion Missile.

The only counter argument is that the Fusion Missile animation would announce your target in PvP. While I personally don't think it's any more of an issue than being bent over and telling anyone with an interrupt to use it, I'm sure the devs could change it so that only the Merc sees the laser. (Call it infrared that only you can see with the optics of your helmet if you need an immersion reason for it.) People are still going to figure out that when you raise your arm, you're getting ready to fire Tracer Missile and will interrupt it, but at least they won't know your intended target.

Eh, I used to have a problem with it, but then I hit 40.

At 40, you don't spam Tracer Missile any more. I mean, you can, but its dumb.

2-3 TM's at the most is all you should be using in a fight, because after that, Heatseeker, Railshot, and Unload will most certainly kill anything short of a tank, and after the TM's the target will almost certainly be running and los your tracer spam.

A lot of the time, in group fights, I just Tm, Heatseeker, Railshot, Unload, and the person is dead.

So yeah, pre-40, you have to spam it to do your damage... but this is a case for most classes, so I don't think its really a problem.

If your spamming TM past 40, well, I can't help you there...

I think your thread title is a misrepresentation of what's being said. From what I've read, people don't hate the Tracer Missile animation. They just hate spamming it and have asked that it be switched with an animation that wouldn't look as silly being fired over and over again.

I love the Tracer Missile animation, but I think it would look better and make more sense if it were attached to the long cooldown AoE attack of Fusion Missile.

The only counter argument is that the Fusion Missile animation would announce your target in PvP. While I personally don't think it's any more of an issue than being bent over and telling anyone with an interrupt to use it, I'm sure the devs could change it so that only the Merc sees the laser. (Call it infrared that only you can see with the optics of your helmet if you need an immersion reason for it.) People are still going to figure out that when you raise your arm, you're getting ready to fire Tracer Missile and will interrupt it, but at least they won't know your intended target.

fusion missle puts a visible target on the intended target, so a pre-heal, or sheild, or run around the corner before you have attacked.

once you are hit with a TM it is easy to pick the BH out of the group, but only AFTER you take damage...

this is my gripe.... I do it to snipers all the time (use their animation against them) and I know it is very effective so i dont want that added to my shortcomings.

I LOVE the animation. It' awesome. But, I do agree that it looks very silly when spammed. I think switching Tracer and Fusions animations would make a tremendous amount of sense. Both animations work so much better with the other move and we'd still get to see the cool "rocket pack missile launcher" animation from time to time with Fusion Missile.

100% agree.

Definitely!

fusion missle puts a visible target on the intended target, so a pre-heal, or sheild, or run around the corner before you have attacked.

once you are hit with a TM it is easy to pick the BH out of the group, but only AFTER you take damage...

this is my gripe.... I do it to snipers all the time (use their animation against them) and I know it is very effective so i dont want that added to my shortcomings.

Oh come on, dude! As if bending over and farting fire while checking time on your wrist watch isn't dead giveaway.

I see someone bent over, I interrupt the living hell out of that player. And as for laser line traced back to merc, well, blazing trail of TM is pretty obvious.

The only thing that makes Fussion Missile animation less desirable is that radioactive sign. Than again, it's something that your entire team can see, which makes it easier for everyone to concentrate on that one target.

Oh come on, dude! As if bending over and farting fire while checking time on your wrist watch isn't dead giveaway.

I see someone bent over, I interrupt the living hell out of that player. And as for laser line traced back to merc, well, blazing trail of TM is pretty obvious.

The only thing that makes Fussion Missile animation less desirable is that radioactive sign. Than again, it's something that your entire team can see, which makes it easier for everyone to concentrate on that one target.

it isnt about people seeing that i am a BH, it is about them knowing who is getting attacked before the damage hits...

as for my team... if i am in a pre-made we are in vent calling targets, if it is a pug I have 0% faith that they would target what i target even if they had a big red sign in 100 font saying "attack me" with an arrow pointing down at the target

pre-bubble/pre-heal/los are a big deal, just ask the snipers.

it isnt about people seeing that i am a BH, it is about them knowing who is getting attacked before the damage hits...

as for my team... if i am in a pre-made we are in vent calling targets, if it is a pug I have 0% faith that they would target what i target even if they had a big red sign in 100 font saying "attack me" with an arrow pointing down at the target

pre-bubble/pre-heal/los are a big deal, just ask the snipers.

/agree

As much as I dislike the animation changing to fusion would not be ideal, for the same reason I don't open with dart no point in giving targets anymore warning than absolutely necessary.

I wish the animation would consist of a missile firing straight from the backpack with out crouching down then locking on to its target and making a right angle turn when it achieves target lock. It looks like I'm firing a mortar since the missiles just are lobed towards the target. Edited by GeorgeWashington

I wish the animation would consist of a missile firing straight from the backpack with out crouching down then locking on to its target and making a right angle turn when it achieves target lock. It looks like I'm firing a mortar since the missiles just are lobed towards the target.

^^ This

Have it shoot up then turn, i dunno like its TRACKING something...

Its easy to spot a TM spammer, because they look like they are taking a crap on the platform. Much easier to see them squating over then it is with a laser showing up on me. lol Change it please. Makes me want to quit my class. I will roll back to that skill tree once its fixed, until then, enjoy the healz!