The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Most Powerful Jedi of All Time

IgotNikes

Since before he truly became Darth Vader it had always been Anakins plan to destroy the emperor and himself rule the galaxy, everything he did as Darth Vader in some way carried with it a plan to lead to sidious' downfall, including his training of Marek and creation of the rebellion.

Unfortunately, Sidious was the almighty most powerful Sith Lord ever. He feared Vader because Vader could do damage but if Sid wanted to he could destroy just about every Sith Lord there ever is.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it was actually pretty good plan. Vader never thought they would escape and imagine, lets say your the leader of one of the most successful Empire's ever. And you have all of your enemies in one room, and you outnumber and outweapon them.

The stupid part was capturing them instead of killing them on sight. But the GE still had political trials and what not and they had stay true to their word.

Overconfidence generally leads to ones downfall, if movies and books are the general to go on xD

What? Sidious would destroy Anakin/Vader in any incarnation, if Yoda and Windu couldn't ever truly defeat him, Anakin certainly couldn't.

The movies would contradict you there sweets, as Vader does seem to topple Sidious in RotJ :p

The movies would contradict you there sweets, as Vader does seem to topple Sidious in RotJ :p

He picks him up and throws him down a shaft, whilst he is concentrating on destroying Luke, in an outright battle, vader would never win, he had 80% of Sidious' power as Lucas himself said.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

If we are talking most powerful sith ever (including EU) that title would have to be held by Darth Vivius (emperor during the time of Revan) who was able to suck the life force from an entire planet leaving a force sucking void powerful enough to kill Jedi. Not to mention by doing so he was able to live that thousand years or more. Although paying attention to some of the lore in TOR it seems to be alluded to that revan eventually found a way to kill the emperor and is actually ruling during the setting of TOR, which would make him I suppose the most powerful given the state he was in at the close of the recent novel SWTOR: Revan

Not gonna happen senora.

ahh ok a sidious fanboy

"You have to be either Mace or Yoda to compete with the Emperor," Lucas says. "If Anakin hadn't got all beat up, he could've beat the Emperor."

Pre suit Dark side Anakin > Sidious. FACT.

Care to give me a link to that statement?

The Making Of Revenge Of The Sith; page 204

Edited by Girdeux

ahh ok a sidious fanboy

"You have to be either Mace or Yoda to compete with the Emperor," Lucas says. "If Anakin hadn't got all beat up, he could've beat the Emperor."

If Anakin reached his full potential he would have.

What he would have been is different than what he is.

COmprehend? If Anakin reached his full potential he would have become 200% of Sidious.

Edited by BrandonSM

ahh ok a sidious fanboy

I believe you are misinterpreting his point, IF he hadn't have been immolated on Mustafar, he would have surpassed Sidious in power eventually, and become 200% of Sidious' power, as that is how much potential he had and is what Luke fulfilled in his place, he in no way meant that Mustafar Vader could defeat Darth Sidious.

If we are talking most powerful sith ever (including EU) that title would have to be held by Darth Vivius (emperor during the time of Revan) who was able to suck the life force from an entire planet leaving a force sucking void powerful enough to kill Jedi. Not to mention by doing so he was able to live that thousand years or more. Although paying attention to some of the lore in TOR it seems to be alluded to that revan eventually found a way to kill the emperor and is actually ruling during the setting of TOR, which would make him I suppose the most powerful given the state he was in at the close of the recent novel SWTOR: Revan

Sidious did that and more....

He picks him up and throws him down a shaft, whilst he is concentrating on destroying Luke, in an outright battle, vader would never win, he had 80% of Sidious' power as Lucas himself said.

Ah, 1 vs 1? Maybe. I don't know. Sidious is strong, but pre-Vader Anakin tries to convince Padme he could beat him. 20-odd years later I think Vader might have learnt a trick or 2!

But then, his best shot, would have been with Luke, so maybe not.

Poor anakin/Vader, always second string :p

I believe you are misinterpreting his point, IF he hadn't have been immolated on Mustafar, he would have surpassed Sidious in power eventually, and become 200% of Sidious' power, as that is how much potential he had and is what Luke fulfilled in his place, he in no way meant that Mustafar Vader could defeat Darth Sidious.

If Anakin reached his full potential he would have.

What he would have been is different than what he is.

COmprehend? If Anakin reached his full potential he would have become 200% of Sidious.

Yous are both twisting his words. You need to read the Making of Revenge of the Sith, the quote was in context during the events of ROTS that Anakin wouldve beat Sidious in a fight. Its undebetable.

Edited by Girdeux

Sidious was less than 100 when he died (including his several reincarnations in clones etc.) and while he did some incredible things in the many, many EU books I have never read of him doing anything thing to compete with sucking out a planets life force with an incantation

Ah, 1 vs 1? Maybe. I don't know. Sidious is strong, but pre-Vader Anakin tries to convince Padme he could beat him. 20-odd years later I think Vader might have learnt a trick or 2!

But then, his best shot, would have been with Luke, so maybe not.

Poor anakin/Vader, always second string :p

Yeah. Vader was not the smartest pre-Mustafar. And then well..."he learned his lesson".

Sidious was less than 100 when he died (including his several reincarnations in clones etc.) and while he did some incredible things in the many, many EU books I have never read of him doing anything thing to compete with sucking out a planets life force with an incantation

No? Making the Force Storm able to turn planets into Malachor V? Or the fact that at his Retreat he absorbed billions of lives each day?

Sorry, this might of been my interpretation only. But wasn't Anakin fully unscarred 200% of what Sidious was? and with every subsequent "amputation" a massive reduction on his powers?

I could be wrong though.

Yous are both twisting his words. You need to read the Making of Revenge of the Sith, the quote was in context during the events of ROTS that Anakin wouldve beat Sidious in a fight. Its undebetable.

No he would not. Your twisting his words. He's stated and Leland Chee has stated that Anakin at his full potential could be the most powerful Force User Ever.

If the quote is from a character, its not canon.

Sorry, this might of been my interpretation only. But wasn't Anakin fully unscarred 200% of what Sidious was? and with every subsequent "amputation" a massive reduction on his powers?

I could be wrong though.

If Anakin on Mustafar was 200% stronger then Sidious, he would have floored Obi-Wan in seconds. In short he was not at that time.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

No, just no.

First his name is Vitiate, not Vivius.

Darth Sidious achieved this and much much more, difference being, SW:TOR - Revan spoilers:

Vitiate needed the power of 200 other Sith Lords and trinkets and rituals to achieve

, Sidious did it all by himself, the powers came from himself, never did he need anything else.

Big spoilers concerning Revan, the Sith Emperor and TOR as a whole:

Revan definitely did not usurp Vitiate, Vitiate kept him in stasis for 300 years after Scourge betrayed Revan, T3 and Meetra Surik, causing the deaths of the former two, in TOR, on the republic side you rescue Revan from an imperial prison, then afterwards as the Empire classes, you defeat Revan who has taken over the Foundry, a factory similar to the Star Forge.