Worst dead in the 6 movies

asavaria

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote=shorlock;3022551

I always got the impression that Sidious feigned weakness when losing the fight with Windu to force Anakin into attacking Windu, shown by him saying with a grin absolute power and force lightning Windu out the window.

I agree. I guess it's canon that Windu won the dueling part of the fight, but I always figured that was only because Sidious let him. Sure Windu may be a better duelist, but Sidious can probably use massive amounts of force to make himself a better duelist.

HE HAS

No, he hasn't.

He's given his view, but has not at any time given explicit instruction that Fett cannot appear in anything post RoTJ due to him being dead.

He did give explicit instruction that there were to be no more Wookiee Jedi characters, because he doesn't like the idea of Wookiee Jedi. So there's only three or four Wookiee Jedi throughout the entire timeline of the Star Wars universe. Obsidian's intent with the Wookiee character Hanharr was for him to be trainable as a Dark Jedi, but Lucas' mandate made that impossible.

I do understand how the canon system works.

The only reason there's "no G-canon" covering post RoTJ is because Lucas hasn't written/co-written any material that takes place after RoTJ. Yet he still gives his blessing or a flat out no when asked about things. Who do you think said ok to Chewbacca being killed off or Luke getting married???

From G to N-canon, is to keep everything in continuity with and not to contradict G-canon, the films.

Lucas can say what he likes, he's entitled to. Until he gives instruction to Lucas Licencing (the body that is in charge of and part controls the Star Wars IP, including Leland Chee and The Holocron) that Fett can't appear in post-RoTJ material, then Fett's survival is still canon, along with everything that happens after RoTJ.

Lucas has never said no to Fett's survival and continuing adventures post RoTJ, so he's alive and kicking.

All he's said is that as far as he's concernec everything after the movies is like a seperate universe, something seperate from "his vision". Except he's not stupid enough to instruct Lucas Licencing to handle it that way. If that were to happen, there really wouldn't be anything to stop the EU from handling many events before and during the movies differently to him, so he lets it continue, including Fett's survival.

No, he hasn't.

He's given his view, but has not at any time given explicit instruction that Fett cannot appear in anything post RoTJ due to him being dead.

He did give explicit instruction that there were to be no more Wookiee Jedi characters, because he doesn't like the idea of Wookiee Jedi. So there's only three or four Wookiee Jedi throughout the entire timeline of the Star Wars universe. Obsidian's intent with the Wookiee character Hanharr was for him to be trainable as a Dark Jedi, but Lucas' mandate made that impossible.

I do understand how the canon system works.

The only reason there's "no G-canon" covering post RoTJ is because Lucas hasn't written/co-written any material that takes place after RoTJ. Yet he still gives his blessing or a flat out no when asked about things. Who do you think said ok to Chewbacca being killed off or Luke getting married???

From G to N-canon, is to keep everything in continuity with and not to contradict G-canon, the films.

Lucas can say what he likes, he's entitled to. Until he gives instruction to Lucas Licencing (the body that is in charge of and part controls the Star Wars IP, including Leland Chee and The Holocron) that Fett can't appear in post-RoTJ material, then Fett's survival is still canon, along with everything that happens after RoTJ.

Lucas has never said no to Fett's survival and continuing adventures post RoTJ, so he's alive and kicking.

All he's said is that as far as he's concernec everything after the movies is like a seperate universe, something seperate from "his vision". Except he's not stupid enough to instruct Lucas Licencing to handle it that way. If that were to happen, there really wouldn't be anything to stop the EU from handling many events before and during the movies differently to him, so he lets it continue, including Fett's survival.

actually you have it wrong in two ways.

1. They never asked to kill off Chewbacca they just did it.

"SS (Shelly Shapiro, Editorial director, Del Ray Books):

We didn’t get George’s permission to kill Chewie in particular: Chewie was simply not one of the characters George said we could not kill."

2. Lucas said Luke doesn't get married.

LUCAS: "I've left pretty explicit instructions for there not to be any more features. There will definitely be no Episodes VII-IX. That's because there isn't any story. I mean, I never thought of anything. And now there have been novels about the events after Episode VI, which isn't at all what I would have done with it. The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story. Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned and Luke doesn't get married..."

Again just because there is a story about it doesn't mean it is canon.

First rule of star wars canon if it goes against G-canon then it is not canon. Boba Fett is dead. Lucas said HE DIED

Did you not see the quotes by Leeland Chee and George Lucas saying that nothing after RotJ is considered canon?

Even if you go by the Seperate universe theory the EU+Films must conform to G-canon to be considered canon. Boba Fett dies in the sarlac pitt that is 100% G-canon. You can't be anymore clear about it.

This should help you freshen up on the Canon system

G-canon is absolute canon; the movies (their most recent release), the scripts, the novelizations of the movies, the radio plays, and any statements by George Lucas himself. G-canon overrides the lower levels of canon when there is a contradiction. Within G-canon, many fans follow an unofficial progression of canonicity where the movies are the highest canon, followed by the scripts, the novelizations, and then the radio plays.

T-canon[2] refers to the canon level comprising only the two television shows: Star Wars: The Clone Wars and the Star Wars live-action TV series. Its precedence over C-Level canon was confirmed by Chee.[3]

C-canon is primarily composed of elements from the Expanded Universe including books, comics, and games bearing the label of Star Wars. Games and RPG sourcebooks are a special case; the stories and general background information are themselves fully C-canon, but the other elements such as character/item statistics and gameplay are, with few exceptions, N-canon.

S-canon is secondary canon; the story itself is considered non-continuity, but the non-contradicting elements are still a canon part of the Star Wars universe. This includes things like the online roleplaying game Star Wars: Galaxies and certain elements of a few N-canon stories.

N-canon is non-canon. "What-if" stories (such as stories published under the Star Wars: Infinities label), crossover appearances (such as the Star Wars character appearances in Soulcalibur IV), game statistics, and anything else directly contradicted by higher canon ends up here. N-canon is the only level that is not considered official canon by Lucasfilm. A significant amount of material that was previously C-canon was rendered N-canon by the release of Episodes I-III.

edit: I also would like to point out that Tales of the Bounty Hunter (The book that first had Boba Fett surviving and a lot of the other Boba Fett material) came out BEFORE the current canon system.

The new canon system has rendered a lot of material non canon. It fits into the continuity but it is not canon.

Boba Fett is the highest grossing Star Wars toy. Of course they are going to still make books about them even if they are "what if" stories because they know they will sell.

Think about this. George Lucas has added in the following into the OT

1. Jabba the Hutt scene with new footage of Boba Fett.

2. A entire musical scene in Jaba's Palace with new footage of Boba Fett.

3. New footage of Hayden Christensen in the end of Return of the Jedi.

4. Greedo shooting First.

BUT HE HAS NEVER ADDED A SCENE OF BOBA FETT SURVIVING. If he did do that the fans would go crazy. But Lucas has made a conscious effort to keep Boba Fett dead.

Edited by jarjarloves

Jango. Got his head saber off.

Little boy Boba picked it up, no blood dripping?

its a saber, the arteries were sealed shut.

While it is true it was sealed shut, the real reason is because Jango's helmet is empty when lil Boba picks it up. If you watch the scene of his death, you can see the shadow of his severed head right before the helmet hits the ground.

Dude it was three and those were Kit Fisto, Saesee Tin and Agen Kolar some of the most accomplished Jedi Masters of the clone Wars. Mace Windu being the greatest Saber duelist in the galaxy at that time, his death by Skywalker was worse...

Ok, well thats even worse. . .horrific writing.

I was going to say everyone on Alderaan but...having just quested through that area, I honestly think they deserved it.

Questing on that planet insured that my characters decendents would have a hand in building the Death Star. -.-

I would have to say Porkins mostly because until I read the X-Wing novels I was always unsure just what killed him. Was it the cannon fire? Was it a tower he clipped? I remember always watching that scene trying to see what killed him because watching it just shows his ship exploding and not getting hit or hitting anything.

I would have to say Porkins mostly because until I read the X-Wing novels I was always unsure just what killed him. Was it the cannon fire? Was it a tower he clipped? I remember always watching that scene trying to see what killed him because watching it just shows his ship exploding and not getting hit or hitting anything.

He was killed by turbolaser fire.

Darklighter moved to attack the tower, telling Porkins to provide cover. The two pilots dived towards the surface, opening fire on the tower and scoring a direct hit. However, as the tower exploded, Porkins was caught by debris from the blast, causing instruments throughout his fighter to malfunction. Though his X-wing fighter was generally maneuverable enough to avoid the Death Star's sluggish turbolasers, incorrect readings from his instrumentation left him unable to judge his altitude and he found himself too low and an easy target for enemy fire. Darklighter attempted to warn his friend that he was too low and advised him to eject, but Porkins felt that he could control the problem. Before he was able to regain control, however, he was hit by enemy turbolaser fire and was killed as his X-wing exploded around him.

Darklighter moved to attack the tower, telling Porkins to provide cover. The two pilots dived towards the surface, opening fire on the tower and scoring a direct hit. However, as the tower exploded, Porkins was caught by debris from the blast, causing instruments throughout his fighter to malfunction. Though his X-wing fighter was generally maneuverable enough to avoid the Death Star's sluggish turbolasers, incorrect readings from his instrumentation left him unable to judge his altitude and he found himself too low and an easy target for enemy fire. Darklighter attempted to warn his friend that he was too low and advised him to eject, but Porkins felt that he could control the problem. Before he was able to regain control, however, he was hit by enemy turbolaser fire and was killed as his X-wing exploded around him.

Watch the video of it again. I have a clearer res one that clearly shows it was turbolaser fire.

I have always assumed that, being on a near unknown planet, the Ewoks used some type of material for their weapons, that was only found on Endor and that it was stronger then stormtrooper Armour.

...they used rocks and wooden spears. I'm pretty sure wood is wood, stone is stone, and plasteel is plasteel regardless of what kriffin' planet you're on. *chuckles*

...they used rocks and wooden spears. I'm pretty sure wood is wood, stone is stone, and plasteel is plasteel regardless of what kriffin' planet you're on. *chuckles*

You know that black stuff underneath the armor? Thats just cloth, its like a knight's plate armor. You get under the plates, its done.

So, what you are saying is that Porkins wasn't too small to evade their turbolasers?

I agree. Boba Fett.

I swear, watching his death makes you wonder if Lucas didn't intentionally make it pathetic just because he didn't like the fact that such a small character became a fan favorite.

i dont think he was THAT much of a star wars icon till after rotj. although, i do understand many people would have it seem fit, had it been a more of an epic Han vs Boba, life or death kinda thing.

He didn't die.

yes he did. eu/fanfic is invalid compared to what you see in the movies. boba died in the sarlaac pit.

According to the post above Star wars ends at the 6'th movie and begins at the first. So this isn't a Star Wars game as George Lucas didn't write KotoR. He didn't write about Revan and Malak so they dont exist either!

Drew Karpyshyn was the writer.

Agreed,,, if we go by lucas law kotr......swtor... and all things after jedi is just dreams of a over active mind.. so if you clam one counts and the other dont.... DONT.

and truthfully the bounty hunter books about boba were very good and detailed on how he could have survived. lol lot more logical than revans lore..lol

just saying dont matter what we think, personally is what we will believe.

also remember they are creating a past universe from future designs.

OH AND A SIDE NOTE::: lucas hates bounty hunters... boba nor jango died good nor fairly, hell what would have happens if jango didnt get stampeded by the pit creature before the mace fight...lol lucas no luv for the BH

I'd have to say Maul.

Looking back, he should have been the true villian throughout the first 3 episodes. The fact that they bounced around and introduced the pathetic Dooku really gave those shows no real person to hate. Maul should have been the most powerful villian to face, and have Anakin kill him as his final act on his road to the dark side, would have been much better than the way Maul died.