Worst dead in the 6 movies

asavaria

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have to say Maul.

Looking back, he should have been the true villian throughout the first 3 episodes. The fact that they bounced around and introduced the pathetic Dooku really gave those shows no real person to hate. Maul should have been the most powerful villian to face, and have Anakin kill him as his final act on his road to the dark side, would have been much better than the way Maul died.

Not really....to be honest, it would be kinda weird for that to happen. Maul was nothing more then an attack dog, he wasn't 'human' in the sense he didn't have any real emotion in him. With Dooku however, who was a former jedi master, a gentlemen like person and having emotion makes it better because there was Anakin ready to kill him but was conflicted knowing it was wrong and he saw that while looking at Dooku.

You honestly think that it would have worked with Maul? Maul would continue to attack Anakin even when his hands were cut, and thus Anakin would have no choice but to kill him which wouldn't have done anything to have him fall to the darkside.

SIDIOUS Heres why: For being one of the most powerful sith emperors to rule the galaxy, he went out like a punk. Being tossed over a railing by your apprentice is pretty embarrassing when you put it to context with everything Sidious accomplished.

Just like how Boba was knocked into the sarlacc right? :p

For those who are saying Boba Fett, he so didn't die. He just got eaten. Jonah and the whale? No. Boba and the Sarlacc is the Star Wars Bible story I'm reading my kids.

Worst dead out of the movies has to be Greedo... You know that he saw it coming...

Poor Greedo, you know he had to be thinking, "Okay, there he is, my quest objective: Confront Han Solo. Why can't I just have my companion shoot him with carbonite spray from over here across the room? NOOOOOOO, I have to walk right up to him and click on him, go into a cut scene, and HE SHOOTS ME RIGHT AT THE END OF THE DANG CUT SCENE!!!"

And then Greedo cancelled his sub. He didn't even rezz.

Worst raejquit ever.

no he didn't look back as George Lucas has said that it is not canon and Boba Fett is dead.

Those stories where he survived are What if stories.

The books brought him back, and Star Wars has progressed far beyond what Lucas says. If he wanted him dead and gone he sholdn't have lisenced the book that brought him back.

Edited by sfatmedic

Watch the video of it again. I have a clearer res one that clearly shows it was turbolaser fire.

That sir was genius xD loved it!

Especially when it'll put you next a battle station you plan to blow up...

Didn't Vaders fighter gets bashed and shot out into space? It "looked" like it's engines had been damaged, by the spinning trajectory, and his fighter survived that massive explosion. (His engines might have been fine, I have no proof to back that up :p just what it looked like to me)

no he didn't look back as George Lucas has said that it is not canon and Boba Fett is dead.

Those stories where he survived are What if stories.

Lets all be honest here people. In the film doesn't it say that the Sarlacc will take a thousand years to slowly digest you? Isn't Mandalorian armour made from Beskar'gam? Surely he'd have been able to fight his way back out. Though given how he managed to end up there in the first place... Well was just an idea.

Though some people say Padme, she does die of an actual known medical problem: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takotsubo_cardiomyopathy or Broken Heart Syndrome. It might have made more sense for her to survive a few years before dying of something though,as I think someone else pointed out that Leia had minor memories of her mother...

Still, the worst death in my mind has to be against Ewoks... Worst. PIS. Ever!

Edited by Ruliya

The books brought him back, and Star Wars has progressed far beyond what Lucas says. If he wanted him dead and gone he sholdn't have lisenced the book that brought him back.

no George Lucas wants the money and the money says make books about the character with the highest selling toys.

Just because there is a book about it, it doesn't mean it's canon.

The first book to say he came out of the Sarlac Pitt was Tales of the Bounty hunter which came out back in the 90s LONG before the current canon system.

Since then George Lucas has said in multiple interviews and the DVD commentary that Boba Fett is dead.

Think about this since then George Lucas has

1. Digitally added Boba Fett into the Jaba the Hutt scene in A New Hope.

2. Digitally changed A new Hope so Greedo Shoots first.

3. Digitally added an entire music and dance sequence in Return of the Jedi

4. Digitally added Boba Fett into the dance scene in Jaba's Palace.

5. Digitally added Hayden Christiansen in at the end of Return of the Jedi.

He has NOT added a scene of Boba Fett escaping from the sarlac pitt.

He is willing to do all of that but not add a 5 sec scene of Boba Fetts hand reaching out of the sand.

Sorry but Boba is Dead. Unless you are calling George Lucas a liar or saying he is wrong?

That sir was genius xD loved it!

Didn't Vaders fighter gets bashed and shot out into space? It "looked" like it's engines had been damaged, by the spinning trajectory, and his fighter survived that massive explosion. (His engines might have been fine, I have no proof to back that up :p just what it looked like to me)

Lets all be honest here people. In the film doesn't it say that the Sarlacc will take a thousand years to slowly digest you? Isn't Mandalorian armour made from Beskar'gam? Surely he'd have been able to fight his way back out. Though given how he managed to end up there in the first place... Well was just an idea.

Though some people say Padme, she does die of an actual known medical problem: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takotsubo_cardiomyopathy or Broken Heart Syndrome. It might have made more sense for her to survive a few years before dying of something though,as I think someone else pointed out that Leia had minor memories of her mother...

Still, the worst death in my mind has to be against Ewoks... Worst. PIS. Ever!

broken heart syndrom takes a long time to kill some one. It's not instant like in the movie. Plus they can actually cure it.

If you look at the design of the sarlac there is no way to actually escape it. Plus the metal pieces of it are incredibly strong however the rest of him is covered in cloth.

but yeah Ewoks would be pretty nasty as they stab and bash you and then cook and eat your remains.

Edited by jarjarloves

no George Lucas wants the money and the money says make books about the character with the highest selling toys.

Just because there is a book about it, it doesn't mean it's canon.

The first book to say he came out of the Sarlac Pitt was Tales of the Bounty hunter which came out back in the 90s LONG before the current canon system.

Since then George Lucas has said in multiple interviews and the DVD commentary that Boba Fett is dead.

Think about this since then George Lucas has

1. Digitally added Boba Fett into the Jaba the Hutt scene in A New Hope.

2. Digitally changed A new Hope so Greedo Shoots first.

3. Digitally added an entire music and dance sequence in Return of the Jedi

4. Digitally added Boba Fett into the dance scene in Jaba's Palace.

5. Digitally added Hayden Christiansen in at the end of Return of the Jedi.

He has NOT added a scene of Boba Fett escaping from the sarlac pitt.

He is willing to do all of that but not add a 5 sec scene of Boba Fetts hand reaching out of the sand.

Sorry but Boba is Dead. Unless you are calling George Lucas a liar or saying he is wrong?

Tales of the Bounty Hunters? I bought that last year for £2 from a charity shop, never did get around to reading it. Maybe I should.

Tell me this, oh wise purveyor of SW knowledge, where exactly would a scene of Boba Fett "clawing his way out" have fit into RotJ? I thought so, any such scene would have slowed the film down. There is no way to retcon his "death" within the body of that film, it just wouldn't work.

And no offense but "George Lucas said so" doesn't stand up to the "Film Cannon" as he does not exist in the films. Just because we don't see him crawl back out doesn't mean he dies. Because guess what, we also don't see him die!

""In its belly you will find a new definition of pain and suffering as you are slowly digested over a…thousand years."" - C3PO

It's within reason that he could escape, just off-screen.

*Edit* you replied while I was typing, so: Within the Star Wars Unleashed game, you do go inside a Sarlacc, and it does seem possible to escape.

To Padme's death, I was only saying there was a medical reason, not that it stood up to much :p - Her dying of that years later, would have made more sense.

Edited by Ruliya

Tales of the Bounty Hunters? I bought that last year for £2 from a charity shop, never did get around to reading it. Maybe I should.

Tell me this, oh wise purveyor of SW knowledge, where exactly would a scene of Boba Fett "clawing his way out" have fit into RotJ? I thought so, any such scene would have slowed the film down. There is no way to retcon his "death" within the body of that film, it just wouldn't work.

And no offense but "George Lucas said so" doesn't stand up to the "Film Cannon" as he does not exist in the films. Just because we don't see him crawl back out doesn't mean he dies. Because guess what, we also don't see him die!

""In its belly you will find a new definition of pain and suffering as you are slowly digested over a…thousand years."" - C3PO

It's within reason that he could escape, just off-screen.

Tales of the Bounty hunter was the first SW book I ever read so I know it well.

seeing as Lucas had no problem putting a big song and dance number smack dab in the middle of Return of the Jedi I would say right after the droids are picked up at the end of the Desert scene.

You show the skiff with the heros fly off then you pan down and have his hand reach out.

OR

Do the lazy mans version and just have it at the end of the credits.

You know if he ever did that the fans would go insane.

as for his escape off screen. George Lucas has said many many many times that Boba Fett is dead. The fans are crazy for Boba Fett they just can't let him die.

This is kind of like saying "well maybe the One ring in LOTR didn't get destroyed. You see it in the lava it floats then sinks. Maybe it doesn't melt"

Edited by jarjarloves

Tales of the Bounty hunter was the first SW book I ever read so I know it well.

seeing as Lucas had no problem putting a big song and dance number smack dab in the middle of Return of the Jedi I would say right after the droids are picked up at the end of the Desert scene.

You show the skiff with the heros fly off then you pan down and have his hand reach out.

OR

Do the lazy mans version and just have it at the end of the credits.

You know if he ever did that the fans would go insane.

as for his escape off screen. George Lucas has said many many many times that Boba Fett is dead. The fans are crazy for Boba Fett they just can't let him die.

This is kind of like saying "well maybe the One ring in LOTR didn't get destroyed. You see it in the lava it floats then sinks. Maybe it doesn't melt"

But you do see it melt, in it's entirety.

Okay, I have to level with you here mister Loves, I enjoy Star Wars (plus EU) for the stories that they are. I don't generally argue Cannon states. I suppose Lucas could have shown a tiny scene of Fett jumping out or whatever, I still don't think it would have flowed within the movie. If you had him escape, then you would have needed him within the last act attempting to take revenge, for the sake of his pride, or honour, or whatnot.

I did get to watch the OT in it's entirety thanks to VHS, before I was left with remastered VHS (and now ofc DVD versions - I have no blue ray player :p)

His death felt like a loose thread cut, for the simple purposes of the fact it was no longer needed. To me Boba isn't a big character.

What I'm trying to do is establish a counter balance. You don't see him die, neither do you see him live, but I'm trying to say there's maybe a possibility.

George can say what he wants, as can Leland Chee. afterall, it's what's on screen that counts. And we see no death, afterall, a Death in a Sarlacc belly would account for a thousand years, or more probably, the lifetime of a normal occupant.

Bobba, as the fans will tell you, is not a normal occupant :p

But you do see it melt, in it's entirety.

Okay, I have to level with you here mister Loves, I enjoy Star Wars (plus EU) for the stories that they are. I don't generally argue Cannon states. I suppose Lucas could have shown a tiny scene of Fett jumping out or whatever, I still don't think it would have flowed within the movie. If you had him escape, then you would have needed him within the last act attempting to take revenge, for the sake of his pride, or honour, or whatnot.

I did get to watch the OT in it's entirety thanks to VHS, before I was left with remastered VHS (and now ofc DVD versions - I have no blue ray player :p)

His death felt like a loose thread cut, for the simple purposes of the fact it was no longer needed. To me Boba isn't a big character.

What I'm trying to do is establish a counter balance. You don't see him die, neither do you see him live, but I'm trying to say there's maybe a possibility.

George can say what he wants, as can Leland Chee. afterall, it's what's on screen that counts. And we see no death, afterall, a Death in a Sarlacc belly would account for a thousand years, or more probably, the lifetime of a normal occupant.

Bobba, as the fans will tell you, is not a normal occupant :p

you actually don't see it melt. It sinks before it melts.

I love the EU as well. I have read many books, comics and played almost ever game. However something not being canon doesn't make me enjoy it any less.

Again you don't need a big scene where he heroically escapes all you need is a 5 sec shot of his hand reaching out of the sand. It could be trembeling cut up and looking bad. Just something to show he escaped.

Again we see him on screen falling into the mouth of a monster who then burps after words btw. The book and the script also say he dies and we say george Lucas saying he dies.

We never see the Twi'Lek slave girl dancer die. We see her fall into the pit, she screams but we never see her die. She could still be alive using your logic.

Edited by jarjarloves

I love the EU as well. I have read many books, comics and played almost ever game. However something not being canon doesn't make me enjoy it any less.

Again you don't need a big scene where he heroically escapes all you need is a 5 sec shot of his hand reaching out of the sand. It could be trembeling cut up and looking bad. Just something to show he escaped.

Again we see him on screen falling into the mouth of a monster who then burps after words btw. The book and the script also say he dies and we say george Lucas saying he dies.

We never see the Twi'Lek slave girl dancer die. We see her fall into the pit, she screams but we never see her die. She could still be alive using your logic.

Seducing the rancor!

She could be, and there's the point. I've heard you say that scripture and novelization are still behind movie accounts. Or it counts, so long as it doesn't conflict with what is seen on screen.

And well, if the script and novelization say he dies, then I believe that overrides the EU books. So I'll hold up my hands. Guess he dies.

Between you and me, the only Bounty Hunter who counts to me is my female BH from SW:ToR xD

(As to the LotR scene, I always thought it did, been many a year since I saw that film though :p)

She could be, and there's the point. I've heard you say that scripture and novelization are still behind movie accounts. Or it counts, so long as it doesn't conflict with what is seen on screen.

And well, if the script and novelization say he dies, then I believe that overrides the EU books. So I'll hold up my hands. Guess he dies.

Between you and me, the only Bounty Hunter who counts to me is my female BH from SW:ToR xD

(As to the LotR scene, I always thought it did, been many a year since I saw that film though :p)

it does say he dies and the point is you could say "oh we don't see him die" to almost every movie unless they have a really really gorey death scene.

But the truth is we know that so and so dies in this or that scene because of the way its shot.

Boba Fett is an extra special case because we have the creator of the character and owner of the movie actually tells us what happens and then you have the book and the script that confirm this.

But still people dont want to beleive it. It gets even weirder because we have so many other bounty hunters that were created just so they could keep the idea of Boba Fett alive like Jodo Kast, Jango Fett and of course all the other mandalorian stories that don't involve Boba.

But that's star wars fandom for you.

Edited by jarjarloves

it does say he dies and the point is you could say "oh we don't see him die" to almost every movie unless they have a really really gorey death scene.

But the truth is we know that so and so dies in this or that scene because of the way its shot.

Boba Fett is an extra special case because we have the creator of the character and owner of the movie actually tells us what happens and then you have the book and the script that confirm this.

But still people dont want to beleive it. It gets even weirder because we have so many other bounty hunters that were created just so they could keep the idea of Boba Fett alive like Jodo Kast, Jango Fett and of course all the other mandalorian stories that don't involve Boba.

But that's star wars fandom for you.

I would be OK with Boba surviving...but counting the EU of him he fell into two sarlaccs...so thats a total of 3 he fell into. I can take the first as just being luck, and then theres the

"Oh your dying because of your skin tissue degenerating, reoccurring tumors and poor liver function...but wait here is a syringe which will stop all of that."

Now those seem like big cop outs to me just to keep a fan fav going when really...he should have died either with falling into a sarlacc again or having a premature death.

Course this is if you count the EU.

Vader's death was not that impressive either. It took me a long time to figure out what killed him; seemed like he just fell over and died. Luke took way more force lightning than him, and he walked away just fine.

If this hasn't been cleared up, it's because Vader's bionics were fried by the lightning. Luke's flesh is more resilient.

If you notice, the Emperor talks about how he is toying with Luke and then just before Vader grabs him, he says, "and now, young skywalker, you will die" or something like that, indicating that this is going to be the full blast. The one that kills him, not just tortures him.

Edited by TheNevet