Devs leaving swtor, do you think it will have influence

Agilard

They may have only been contracted until the final was released, the rest of the devs can work on future content, and any new recruits which will come on board; depending on the games success.

SWG saw plenty of devs come and go over the years, some were bad, some were really awesome, but there was always a crew present.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I swore to myself I wouldn't even reply to your (typically) juvenile one-sided cheerleading but every now and then I have to...

BAUAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA.... Population growning.. LOLOLLOLL

Regardless, I don't care if the game sell a billion copies, it's still the crappiest MMO I've ever played.

I am happy you are sticking around to play it too. Your money is most appreciated!

I am happy you are sticking around to play it too. Your money is most appreciated!

Yea, I was suckered back in when I was incorrectly told they fixed the ability lag. Lesson learned.

But hey, it wasn't a complete waste of 15 bones, I get a month's access to the most entertaining forum ever!!

Edited by OldBenSmokin

One of them was Arnie Jorgensen, who worked on SWG, among other things. I can see why he'd want to leave after being forced to pander to the market with such a lame WoW clone.

We should've seen the writing on the wall a year ago when Gordon Walton also left BW. Now the only "experienced" MMO devs left working on SWTOR are the Mythic dream team and their wonderful PvP and class balance. Yippeee!

Some of them were lead developers one for the concept art another for environmental art design and one all i could find was a lead designer. Generally the dev teams are cut drastically after a game is launched though so kind of norm.

If anything I'd think it's a bad idea for devs to leave.

I mean, if I was putting together a team to create an MMO and some devs apply for positions and their resumes say "helped develop SWTOR" I'd laugh at them and throw the applications in the shredder. Maybe I'd photocopy them and post them on the walls so other people could laugh at them first.

Having experience working on TOR and actually admitting it and trying to use it to gain a position somewhere else is lolworthy. It's a badge of shame, not a badge of honor.

I mean, if I was putting together a team to create an MMO and some devs apply for positions and their resumes say "helped develop SWTOR" I'd laugh at them and throw the applications in the shredder. Maybe I'd photocopy them and post them on the walls so other people could laugh at them first.

Having experience working on TOR and actually admitting it and trying to use it to gain a position somewhere else is lolworthy. It's a badge of shame, not a badge of honor.

you would never in your entire life get to that position to hire those people anyway because you have no clue how recruitment work.Having worked on a AAA title is great experience no matter what; even if the game does dies in the future.

Yeah you have no idea what you are talking about.

i was reading on mmorpg, that 4 devs left swtor already to start their own mmo. do you think this will have any negative influence on swtor? really hate to see this game announce that they are shutting down their servers. i really like the game.

Nah. Design philosophies might change depending on who left but the game and whose replacing them but I doubt itll have any immediate effects on the game. IIRC Blizzard had a ton of devs leaving the game soon after its release. That was when the infamous level designer joined (forget his name now, was some famous GM or something).

you would never in your entire life get to that position to hire those people anyway because you have no clue how recruitment work.Having worked on a AAA title is great experience no matter what; even if the game does dies in the future.

How do AAA titles and SWTOR have anything to do with each other?

i was reading on mmorpg, that 4 devs left swtor already to start their own mmo. do you think this will have any negative influence on swtor? really hate to see this game announce that they are shutting down their servers. i really like the game.

#1. They didn't leave to make another MMO they're making an indie game.

#2. Shutting the servers down? Really? Over 2 million sold and last number was 1.7 mil active with majority passed the first month.

#3. If you slaved away at something for over 5 years wouldn't you be sick of it too and wanting to work on something else?

Why is it that when a major Blizzard developer leaves people don't say "OMG main Diablo dev left Diablo is gonna suck!!"

Enough with these conspiracies.

I swore to myself I wouldn't even reply to your (typically) juvenile one-sided cheerleading but every now and then I have to...

Regardless, I don't care if the game sell a billion copies, it's still the crappiest MMO I've ever played.

first of all : the crappiest mmo you have ever played, sure why not! your call! but plz enhance me and others why you are still here posting on a game you obviously think is the baddest thing u have ever seen? are you a masochist?

People have to remember : for every unhappy post here , there are 1000 people out there having fun and not even caring about your opinion. So doesnt bioware / EA , im sure. nothing wrong with liking / disliking something, but just please, move on, and stop trolling on these forums... what are you trying to reach? does it make you feel better? I'm sure it must be! after work you think : **** tor, im gonna complain all night on the forum!? nice life you have. move on and let us, the people that still enjoy the game be.

TORs main development is finished. The fact is that you don't need as large a team sustaining an MMO as you do for making one.

So them leaving is a natural process and has no different an affect on the game than any other MMO which has been launched.

It's more than just their "writer."

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/02/20/swtor-devs-leaving-bioware-to-make-indie-game/

"Watson was SWTOR's lead combat programmer, while Thomas and Jorgensen filled the senior environment artist and lead concept artist roles, respectively. The trio has formed an indie studio called Stoic, and the company's maiden offering is apparently "coming soon.""

Edited by Sizzurps

first of all : the crappiest mmo you have ever played, sure why not! your call! but plz enhance me and others why you are still here posting on a game you obviously think is the baddest thing u have ever seen? are you a masochist?

People have to remember : for every unhappy post here , there are 1000 people out there having fun and not even caring about your opinion. So doesnt bioware / EA , im sure. nothing wrong with liking / disliking something, but just please, move on, and stop trolling on these forums... what are you trying to reach? does it make you feel better? I'm sure it must be! after work you think : **** tor, im gonna complain all night on the forum!? nice life you have. move on and let us, the people that still enjoy the game be.

You're just projecting. My life rocks.

I have as much of a right to post here than you do.

Edited by OldBenSmokin

Considering that TOR is still doing well sales wise and the population is still growing? Yeah it should.

:|

Considering that many many people consider it a bad game, prob not so much with the resume.

I mean i'd be embarrassed to put it on a resume that i even PLAYED this game, never mind worked on it

Edited by defiantlegacy

Yet...here you are, paying for the development still. Thank you! Those of us enjoying the game appreciate you funding it's further development.