The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

How did he do it? Voidstar.

Fischer_King

I think the devs actually intended that. Yes, it's stupid and should get changed.

Agreed. Just like you, i want a bland, boring game where every class has the same utility as every other class and nothing interesting or out of the ordinary ever happens, and where there is no chance that a player can use superior wits and skill to defeat their opponents.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. Just like you, i want a bland, boring game where every class has the same utility as every other class and nothing interesting or out of the ordinary ever happens, and where there is no chance that a player can use superior wits and skill to defeat their opponents.

Jumping isn't interesting. Its game breaking. How are you supposed to counter that if you don't have people that can jump across? Suicide then hope respawn doesn't take too long? I've been on teams as attacker where people jump accross and then our team kills no one until they plant. after the door pops the bridge comes down anyways so it's faster to just keep them busy without killing them and letting one person jump across.

If you're on Swiftsure this was probably me, i was running WZ's all day today and did this every Voidstar.

I kept getting questioned from my group asking how i was capping the doors before the bridges were extended.

When i said i just force sprint + jumped across i got flamed by all the scrubs who said that wasn't possible and the gap was too far and i was a speed hacker/exploiter/teleporter etc

Again I told them that the gap is exactly the right distance if you time a force sprint + jump perfectly. So then they all tried and fell to their deaths and flamed me some more.

Seriously it's not my fault that other players are hopeless, the devs obviously designed the gap to be utilized this way, they extended both ledges out, removed the forcefield from that area and even added a sprint buff on the other side......seriously l2p nubs the gap is there to be used.

I swear some people won't be happy until there is no skill involved in the game.

Gawd...it wasn't you, I am on Jung Ma.

I don't have a huge problem with it, nor did I suggest removing it. Also, it doesn't seem to be that hard, so far I am 2 for 2. Once everyone starts doing it, you will need to find something else to base your self-esteem on...I suggest you start looking now.

To all the people who say it's an exploit.

Do you care to explain yourselves or do you think "It's an exploit" is definitive enough to amount to anything meaningful?

To just say "It's an exploit" without any additional commentary is plain stupid.

So if you think it's an exploit, that's fine you think that, but WHY do you think it's an exploit.

It's not an exploit.

The designers put force fields all the way across except where they put two outcroppings.

The designers put a speed buff right next to said outcroppings.

The designers also knew that multiple classes had gap closers that can be used to bridge (see wut I did thur?) gaps.

People who complain about this are the same people who think the air-vents in Huttball are completely random.

It'll take them a month to do it though, so exploit away in the mean time.

This is what is shocks me with these game policies. I haven't seen any perma ban. I reported a player on my server for repeatedly laying down bombs inside wall in Voidstar, I wrote detailed reports such as UTC time of the warzone match and name of the player and when confronted I provided frapsed movies. Result: temporary ban for about a week as I am seeing the same player again. But now she is just a better exploiter as she heals out of her *****, teleport back to the original location after being force pushed and chain stun the heck out of 5 players. One of their teammates in their premade even has a suggestive name about the chain stunning.

Seeing as this game doesn't disencourage abuse I simply leave the WZ if that player is present, because I won't waste my time anymore providing evidences of exploiting just to have BW slap their hands.

This is just one more thing that allows me to say that this game's PVP system is completely broken.

It's not an exploit per se, but only certain classes can use it, and the speed boost buff is on the OTHER side for defenders to use to get over to attack those using the terminal.

Another win for inq/cons, all sorc premade in huttball dominates, all sorc/assassin premade in voidstar, and then there's sorc healbots and bubblers in civil war. Why roll a premade with other classes?

PS that video on the first page... the star spangled banner phone app (magic guitar) ad is about the only ad worth watching on youtube.

Edited by Sookster

The designers put a speed buff right next to said outcroppings.

The speed buff is on the defender side of the gap, however. Not the attacker side.

It obviously is intended for the defenders to be able to jump the gap with the speed buff, but is it intended for attackers to use Force Speed to get across it?

The designers also knew that multiple classes had gap closers that can be used to bridge (see wut I did thur?) gaps.

Only Inquisitor/Consular ACs can do it unassisted. The others who can leap across the gap, need someone they can target already on the other side.

the timing has to be so right on that jump, i did once on my first attempt and thought this is easy!! but failed the jump the next 50 times.

qft, its not a "gimme", you have to have perfect timing and no lag. You have about 3-5 pixels of leeway. That's it.

Am I the only one that seems to see that maybe you have to defend the middle point too? If you are allowing a sorc/sage blow past you after the first door goes down then you are doing it wrong. I've played enough Void to know that this tactic is rarely used.

The speed buff is on the defender side of the gap, however. Not the attacker side.

It obviously is intended for the defenders to be able to jump the gap with the speed buff, but is it intended for attackers to use Force Speed to get across it?

Only Inquisitor/Consular ACs can do it unassisted. The others who can leap across the gap, need someone they can target already on the other side.

Marauders also have a speed buff, just more unreliable in application. It has yet to be seen if said buff is sufficient to get them across, but we can't discount it yet.

Just like everyone had class envy of BH's who pulled people up into the spawn zone in Huttball?

Oh wait. That was an exploit too.

Oh, please.

That was not an exploit. Even Bioware said so. I like how everyone conveniently forgets that when this first cropped up Bioware changed it so that the ball carrier would still score when this happened (yes they didn't do enough because the scoring trigger area didn't reach high enough up and it was still possible to grip people over the top of it).

That change was nothing more than Bioware caving in to a bunch of whiny, sniveling, morons.

This is what is shocks me with these game policies. I haven't seen any perma ban. I reported a player on my server for repeatedly laying down bombs inside wall in Voidstar, I wrote detailed reports such as UTC time of the warzone match and name of the player and when confronted I provided frapsed movies. Result: temporary ban for about a week as I am seeing the same player again. But now she is just a better exploiter as she heals out of her *****, teleport back to the original location after being force pushed and chain stun the heck out of 5 players. One of their teammates in their premade even has a suggestive name about the chain stunning.

Seeing as this game doesn't disencourage abuse I simply leave the WZ if that player is present, because I won't waste my time anymore providing evidences of exploiting just to have BW slap their hands.

This is just one more thing that allows me to say that this game's PVP system is completely broken.

They don't permaban for pvp related offenses. I thought everyone knew this by now. Talk about buying currency in chat? You can be banned, they care about that. But exploiting? You're golden. I don't think they have they tools to actually check that well if people are exploiting most of the time. That or they don't care.

That was not an exploit. Even Bioware said so.

Some clueless CSR (who is not the devs) said so.

Since it was fixed, it was obviously UNINTENDED BY THE DEVELOPERS, the definition of an exploit.

Rationalize more. This will be fixed eventually too. And the only "whiny, sniveling, moron" at that point will be you.

Edited by EternalFinality