I subbed for 6 months, heres why

mcburly

How is that going to work with the story.. You know... That thing WOW didn't care about??

Is it more important to have two places to lvl from 25-30 than it is to have a character story??

Please explain how this would work?? Nice idea if you can make it work.. Story is a large part of this game and not something that should be sacraficed.. :cool:

Err it was just an idea. I like this game but im just tired to roll alts playin in the same zones..

The char stories are fun but few.

It's true Wow totally ignored the story, mine was just an example.. i wasnt sayin Wow is better than Tor, it wouldnt be constructive and a start up of a game (and tor is still in startup) doesnt need distructive quotes.

I think in teh future we'll see more zones with the same level. And maybe diff stories for the same class... depending by the diff choices you take (and that freedom actually doesnt exists)

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haven't subbed for 6 months. (I dont even know what i'm doing next week with work (might be in a hotel or another country if i'm lucky, so it's not smart for me to do so)

BUT, i have to say the more i play the more i like it. I had a dip when i dinged 50 and found out there is not much to do, but that dip has passed and i love PVP, OPerations and lvling my alts.

I agree with some of the posters that there should be more minigames, achievements or faction grinding for instance to do @50 though. But those are all features that can be added later and have no real impact on the game itself. The core is very good and i'm sure Bioware will keep us entertained for the months to come!

I have enjoyed some of the raid mechanics. Specifically the G4 fabricater or w/e with the consoles to press and the council of 8/16 bosses to solo. Definately fun.

Huttball is fun when the teams are even (not so much when its a team of juggs/sorcs that steamrolls you) and finding strategies to get to the endzone is fun.

The entire sith inquisitor storyline up through the end of chapter 1 has been amazing as well. Too bad I don't really like playing the class, but I fight through the pain for the story!

I have enjoyed some of the raid mechanics. Specifically the G4 fabricater or w/e with the consoles to press and the council of 8/16 bosses to solo. Definately fun.

Huttball is fun when the teams are even (not so much when its a team of juggs/sorcs that steamrolls you) and finding strategies to get to the endzone is fun.

The entire sith inquisitor storyline up through the end of chapter 1 has been amazing as well. Too bad I don't really like playing the class, but I fight through the pain for the story!

SI story is pretty much the worst story in the game.

Honestly... paying monthly.

I sure play my 3 Chars 41 / 38 / 14 alternatingly and take my time, but somehow.. somehow, nagging doubts sneak in. That this game ends like Wow, just a geargrind.

Roleplay is not at all supported, other games promise more there. Programming my own animations in Second Life, im irritated to bet even be able to sit on all chairs. Remembering the way you could dress in SWG makes "Social clothing" here a bad joke.... Grinding Esseles just to wear some piece of Gimmick-Clothing?

Remembering Space combat and my customizable Starship in SWG, makes the current implementation a laugh too.

I still have fun, and im surely playing the stories of my 3 Chars though... maybe even try an Imp Char, but after that? I surely wont raid (having RL family) or Rated (Arena?)-PvP anymore...

I stay around, at least till End of April.. seeing what they plan to implement..but frankly i already looked at "The Secret World".

Edited by Kheldras

You already know when 1.2 is coming out... how can they make it come quicker when you know it's coming in March already...?

Anywho, I've been hearing GW2 will be available on consoles and be a hack n slash RPG... if so lol@all the people saying GW2 will be the savior of MMOs.

Well that just proves that your "hearing" is ridicolous! Hahaha, made my day. Hack n slash RPG... Play the original GW, and you will learn what MMORPG PVP is all about. Hack n slah... Thats golden right there!

I don't know how long I subbed and I'm too lazy to look it up! But I'll tell ya what keeps me in an mmo:

People. If I get a lonely feeling in an mmo, I'll quit. So it depends on other people's subs and the game design. Take the imperial fleet... at prime time, I turn around the corner and see people, great! 5 mins after 11, I see a long, empty hall with NPCs on their automated routes (if they move at all). Not good. ;)

Subbed for one month at the time, non reccuring myself.

Heres the reason:

After my first 50 it fell short for me, I resubbed when the wife wanted to play to, the levling has been mostly nice the second time, but I get the nagging need to spacebar (and then wait for her to listen to it).

When we hit 50 together, the real choice will be made (depending on how easy we get going with flashpoints and things like that I Suppose).

I know that I wont be able to reroll anything more, atleast not with ease..

I didn't sub for six months, I subbed monthly recurring and don't see it changing in the next 12 months at least.

I've played an awfull lot of MMOs, EQ Classic was my first and WoW was my last before TOR. I know that TOR is missing a few things that other games had but i'm not really missing them too much. I'd quite like to see a server only LFG Tool (not cross server under ANY circumstances) but its not a major problem. In fact some things I thought were important just flat out aren't when you get right down to it like Threat meters (I just learned to watch the mobs behaviour and anticipate instead of letting Omen do it for me like a lazy swine)

The most important thing to me is that TOR does have things that other games did not. Experience from PVP at launch, quality voice acting and an emphasis on storytelling. I accept that many of the quests are superficially similar but the voice acting/storytelling lets me ignore that and jsut enjoy the ride.

In WoW I used to be pretty annoyed by the 'bring me x boar livers' quests as thay were just so lazy. In TOR I might be asked to go deprogram x vaporators' but at least the background to the request is engaging.

I love this game, I can't wait to get off work to go log in again and the same if true for all the friends I play with.

Edited by Kinrain

Same here OP. I subbed for 6 months and was in the second wave of the early access invites. Took me 6 weeks to get my Jedi Shadow to max level and currently having a lot of fun alternating between 6 other chars. I beleave Bioware will make some great improvements to the game by the time my 6 mo sub is up. At that time I can decide to resub, but I feel at this time I will. :cool:

I am thrilled to know that I have only scratched the surface of this game, as I have yet to see the Knights, Warriors, Inquisitors, Bounty Hunters, Smugglers, or Troopers story all the way through, and I simply cant wait to.

It's great to see you're playing this MMO as a single player RPG, the sad fact is is that it can be.

While you might call MMO fans "neckbeards", unfortunately they came into this game and continue to pay a subscription because they were told this was an MMO with story, not a SPRPG with multiplayer features.

Don't get me wrong i'm not a hater, i still enjoy the game but i think people need to stay realistic on what they write.

Realistic =/= a person's honest and joyful opinion.

Just because you do not agree with that person's assessment does not mean they are not being realistic. Their opinion is just as valid as yours.

I subbed for 60 days. I'm not one to subscribe to MMOs for six months at a time.

I am enjoying myself, though. This is the only MMO that has kept me playing and there's much more for me to tackle. There are a few frustrating things about this game and its bugs, but I'm looking forward to seeing what Bioware has in store.

I know the endgame content is coming, but I'd also like more Huttball arenas. I've heard people request a Tatooine arena with a Sarlacc in it, and I'd like ones on Coruscant and Hoth.

I cant fathom paying for 6 months of what I'm getting out of this game right now. I canceled my sub today. There are usually less than 50 people on my fleet when I log on I beg for a hardmode FP group in general for a couple hours and then log frustrated when I bother to log on at all now. I spent a lot of time getting my character to 50 and trying to gear for raids. I'm not going to reroll just because there's no cross server LFG tool or server consolidation to make the population reasonable. I love the game, I'm just tired of not being able to play it. I cant be the only one that feels this way either. I hope they address these issues at some point in the near future because I've enjoyed the times when I've been able to find groups. I look forward to being able to play and progress my character but I'm not going to pay to stand around pleading for a group that never happens. Edited by Guap

I cant fathom paying for 6 months of what I'm getting out of this game right now. I canceled my sub today. There are usually less than 50 people on my fleet when I log on I beg for a hardmode FP group in general for a couple hours and then log frustrated when I bother to log on at all now. I spent a lot of time getting my character to 50 and trying to gear for raids. I'm not going to reroll just because there's no cross server LFG tool or server consolidation to make the population reasonable. I love the game, I'm just tired of not being able to play it. I cant be the only one that feels this way either. I hope they address these issues at some point in the near future because I've enjoyed the times when I've been able to find groups. I look forward to being able to play and progress my character but I'm not going to pay to stand around pleading for a group that never happens.

I'm sure you're not the only one that feels this way... in fact the general forums are evidence of this.

While being on a low pop server obviously has it's disadvantages I see the same problem in your post that I do in every other one that complains about this. It seems that sometime between the early days of MMOs and today people forgot that it IS an MMO and that it doesn't hurt to use the search functions and actually talk to the other people playing instead of just spamming general chat.

That's like needing a job filled and instead of calling potential candidates standing out on a street corner and shouting "ANYONE NEED A JOB?!" Granted in today's economy that might work but you get what I'm saying.

So if you can still log in today (I'm not sure how they do it... some games don't let you log in after cancellation) maybe log in at peak times and give it a try.

I'll be the first one to tell someone who *****es about the gameplay to shut up and quit... but since you actually enjoy the game I hate to see you leave.