Hardest 1v1 class

sixfreshcookies

Usually my issues come when a very geared and skilled tank of any kind takes issue with me (especially assassins), or any time an operative comes out of stealth on me. The operative I can often overcome if I've got my CDs up, but assassin tanks can whittle me down or at the very least take a LONG time to kill.

Just for reference, I play Watchman spec.

Usually my issues come when a very geared and skilled tank of any kind takes issue with me (especially assassins), or any time an operative comes out of stealth on me. The operative I can often overcome if I've got my CDs up, but assassin tanks can whittle me down or at the very least take a LONG time to kill.

Just for reference, I play Watchman spec.

Ahh, so there you have it. Watchman is not always superior to Focus in a one-v-one scenario.

For me playing Focus, even when they get the jump on me, I still feel like I have the edge. They seem to drop quicker than anyone else barring Sorcerers and Operatives.

As Focus spec the class I have most difficult with is a Mercenary speced healer. And for me they are the best class in Warzones.

Although my Consular seems to have no problem with them... it's a case of rock, paper, scissors.

Ahh, so there you have it. Watchman is not always superior to Focus in a one-v-one scenario.

For me playing Focus, even when they get the jump on me, I still feel like I have the edge. They seem to drop quicker than anyone else barring Sorcerers and Operatives.

As Focus spec the class I have most difficult with is a Mercenary speced healer. And for me they are the best class in Warzones.

Although my Consular seems to have no problem with them... it's a case of rock, paper, scissors.

No one believes you, and no one thinks your a pro.

All we know for sure is you are slow on the keyboard, and likely click with your mouse.

Good DPS vanguard/powertech.

rebuke + pacify = profit.

saber ward if you have to. assault/pyro's weakness is their reliance on rail shot/hiBolt which is weapon damage. you should never lose. they do a lot of damage but die quickly.

unless u mean tactics/adv. proto, and no one loses to them.

Edited by ShiroRX

shadows of equal gear and skill are a very tough fight for me or tank specs with lots of HP can be a challenge also but wz is not a 1v1 environment and ilum is a deadzone on my server so I don't get to practice against them often :(

shadows/assasins rely heavily on melee hits to gate much of their damage. pacify works well to delay many of their procs. use it after you've already taken some damage to recover hp thru dot heals and create distance between ur hp bars.

if they want to, they'll just force speed/force cloak/vanish away if they're gonna lose. but that's just as good as winning.

With my very limited experience (lvl 31, still learning) I find Snipers to be the most difficult to deal with. I think I'm doing it wrong when I'm engaging them right on and they simply cannot be interrupted..

At the risk of going off topic a little...

- Don't charge them head on.

- Use Stasis to interrupt/get them out of cover (if they are entrenched this doesn't work).

- When they knock you back and/or root you, use Force Camo.

- Pacify, Pacify, Pacify

- Saber Ward if you need it (you should already have Rebuke up)

- Don't be afraid to run away/LOS them if they get the drop on you (Force Camo helps a ton).

Today in Ilum, 32 Pub vs. 40+ Imps, we had few heals so we retreated frequently. I'd get separated from the group on occasion, half health, trying to break combat so I could regen. Some imp seeing an 'easy target' would spot me and chase me down. This happened four times. I beat Jug, an *** (pretty sure he was middle tree, pure dps), a Sniper and a Sorc. They had me on the run, then when I was sure it was just me and him, I'd turn and engage. Killed 'em all (other than the ***, who vanished). Powertechs don't scare me either, I'm more tanky than they are.

But if I was going to admit to anything, it would indeed be any tank, but much less so since going Watchman. Really, I'm pretty confident about facing any opponent.

Died twice to a Sniper in Ald the other day, who was solo defending mid. Couldn't leap, and I had to decide whether to use Camo to close the gap initially, or for after he would inevitably knock me back with the added slow or snare, whichever one the Snipers get...but I ended up killing him solo too, just adapt and overcome.

lvl 50 watchmen, whit a few BM items

I couldn't for the life of me beat an operative the other night 1v1

every time i got him to near death he would stun me an heal up.

at the start of the fight he would, stealth an stun, so i would in turn stun break, pacify/rebuke I'd get him near death an bam every time.. i gave up after about 5 trys

Any tips ?

this is about the only class i have trouble whit.

I have dueled every class one on one as a sentinel and I have won about 50% of the time against each class (if they are similarly equipped to me).

All it takes is knowing which tools to use in which fight, gimping the movement of ranged classes works well when they try and kite me.

The problems arise when I have to take on a team and I am by myself or when the healer I have following me takes a dirtnap during warzones or Illum.

rebuke + pacify = profit.

saber ward if you have to. assault/pyro's weakness is their reliance on rail shot/hiBolt which is weapon damage. you should never lose. they do a lot of damage but die quickly.

unless u mean tactics/adv. proto, and no one loses to them.

This is what i notice good powertechs do, and it make it a pain in the *** to beat them.

1. They try to burst me down as fast as possible without conserving ammo to force me to pop saber ward as soon as possible

2. As soon as they see me pop rebuke (early in the fight), they stun/kite me to wear it off (I have to save trinket for when they stun me to prevent guarded by the force/undying rage)

3. I leap to them. They pop the shield which also removes snaring effect.

4. They pop their shield + health regen to counter my saber ward. Usually at this point my hp is lower than his.

5. They trinket my force choke

6. When i get low, they use the second stun on me. I pop trinket + undying rage. At this point, the fight is decided with the winner ending with really really low hp. However, if somehow they didnt use their first stun yet...I lose. They can burst me down from 20% to 0% in a single stun.

Edited by Hupepak

At the risk of going off topic a little...

- Don't charge them head on.

- Use Stasis to interrupt/get them out of cover (if they are entrenched this doesn't work).

- When they knock you back and/or root you, use Force Camo.

- Pacify, Pacify, Pacify

- Saber Ward if you need it (you should already have Rebuke up)

- Don't be afraid to run away/LOS them if they get the drop on you (Force Camo helps a ton).

The only problem, I have with snipers is that force leap doesn't work on them in cover. So I slap on saber ward or rebuke, run up to them and have at it.

lvl 50 watchmen, whit a few BM items

I couldn't for the life of me beat an operative the other night 1v1

every time i got him to near death he would stun me an heal up.

at the start of the fight he would, stealth an stun, so i would in turn stun break, pacify/rebuke I'd get him near death an bam every time.. i gave up after about 5 trys

Any tips ?

this is about the only class i have trouble whit.

You have to interrupt his heals or you will never kill him. Of course that's hard to do when stunned. Try using stasis before he stuns you and before it ends drop sweep. Hopefully that will do enough damage to finish him.

Edit: Oh wait that only works with Focus Spec. You try blade storm for one of the other classes.

Edited by JerokTalram