This game doesn't feel like an MMORPG, just an ORPG

MercArcher

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

MMO implies Massively Multiplayer. As I am writing this there are 18 people on Tatooine.

So far I have 26 hours /played and I have only seen about 30-40 people total while playing.

you are a higher level than 95% of the entire population, maybe thats why.

god people are so clueless its hilarious

To the OP and those who agree with him. Consider a few things.

1: People are being sent in by Waves, everyone is not in yet and there are probably a ton more who have not bothered with early access. Expect more on Launch.

2: Unlike most MMO's instead of contenants you have Planets so natually you can't walk from Korriban to Drumand Kass.

3: There are also multiple instances, everyone is not on the same instance of the same planet but they are on the same server. Some instances might be more populated than others.

4: Most of the high level stuff you will run into later will require teamwork and don't forget PvP which is a lot of fun.

5: Things like Crafting, Auctions and such that bring people in packs are not yet mastered yet. Give it a couple of months before you see high traffic areas like in auction houses. Right now people are just focused on getting to level 50 for now.

I would suggest trying to communicate with people instead of flying solo. Make friends and become social. LFG and play your role, perhaps it will feel more like an MMORPG and not like an ORPG.

Three Cheers for Common Sense.

The population density is so incredibly low it's ridiculous.

wow what server are you on? When i first logged on there was 237 people just on Korriban alone. And they were literally everywhere.

I talked to a ton of people. I grouped with 2 other guys to do the heroics and we blitzed the rest of our quests together.

On my server, there's a hell of a lot of MMO going on!

wow what server are you on? When i first logged on there was 237 people just on Korriban alone. And they were literally everywhere.

I talked to a ton of people. I grouped with 2 other guys to do the heroics and we blitzed the rest of our quests together.

On my server, there's a hell of a lot of MMO going on!

I don't think I've seen more than 130 on when I've been playing, but they're all over Coruscant, Korriban, Dromund Kaas and Ord Mantell.

I don't know what makes an ORPG "massive", but this certainly feels like a world with loads of people in. Christ knows what it'll be like come launch.

The population density is so incredibly low it's ridiculous.

are you crazy? lol. I'm currently in a 25 minute waiting period just to login.

And to the OP, that's my main complaint with this game, it's very instanced, and there are multiply instances for each zone which feels very guild wars like.

It has a ton of people, but it doesn't look nearly as populated.

I'm giving the benefit of the doubt, and assuming this isn't a pure troll post.

Of course, Tatoine isn't the first world (isn't it the third for Republic?), and you are well ahead of the leveling curve. On top of that, the server splits players into different groupings (much like Guild Wars), which you can switch between.

To the OP and those who agree with him. Consider a few things.

1: People are being sent in by Waves, everyone is not in yet and there are probably a ton more who have not bothered with early access. Expect more on Launch.

2: Unlike most MMO's instead of contenants you have Planets so natually you can't walk from Korriban to Drumand Kass.

3: There are also multiple instances, everyone is not on the same instance of the same planet but they are on the same server. Some instances might be more populated than others.

4: Most of the high level stuff you will run into later will require teamwork and don't forget PvP which is a lot of fun.

5: Things like Crafting, Auctions and such that bring people in packs are not yet mastered yet. Give it a couple of months before you see high traffic areas like in auction houses. Right now people are just focused on getting to level 50 for now.

I would suggest trying to communicate with people instead of flying solo. Make friends and become social. LFG and play your role, perhaps it will feel more like an MMORPG and not like an ORPG.

Three Cheers for Common Sense.

What he said ^

If you got in the last wave yesterday and have 26 hours /played that means you've been playing for almost that entire time... wow.

Not saying I won't probably do the same thing when I get access...

Its all about being healthy about it.

Get up for 5 min every hour and walk around/work out. I do sit ups/push ups/jog for a bit

Eat healthy, not junk food.

Be social, the more people you're talking to the easier it is to stay awake.

I'm giving the benefit of the doubt, and assuming this isn't a pure troll post.

Of course, Tatoine isn't the first world (isn't it the third for Republic?), and you are well ahead of the leveling curve. On top of that, the server splits players into different groupings (much like Guild Wars), which you can switch between.

Order was

Tython (consular), Curoscant, Telos, Nar Shadda, Tattoine, and now I'm on Alderan.

Its all about being healthy about it.

Get up for 5 min every hour and walk around/work out. I do sit ups/push ups/jog for a bit

Eat healthy, not junk food.

Be social, the more people you're talking to the easier it is to stay awake.

Troll Post confirmed, and on the off chance its not a troll post, you have played for 26 hours in about a 30 hours time period, that is not healthy, and many people who are in have yet to play for 10 hours total across all three days. **** and **** the house. Try going to work or school.

OP,

As for "ORPG", perfect... *evil rub hands together*

So I get ~800 hours of Bioware's master-crafted single player storyline, with the option to group and play with others when I CHOOSE to? Yes, please.

Oh and as for ~26+ hours? You need to slow down if you want to start seeing other people besides your (let me insert a Bulletstorm reference here) Hardcore Uber Power Leveling Mega Nerd Max to the Extreme, Guildies.

I've been in since Day 1 and only have ~10 hours played. Sit back, relax, enjoy the dialogue and stop pressing spacebar, I dare you.

OP,

As for "ORPG", perfect... *evil rub hands together*

So I get ~800 hours of Bioware's master-crafted single player storyline, with the option to group and play with others when I CHOOSE to? Yes, please.

Oh and as for ~26+ hours? You need to slow down if you want to start seeing other people besides your (let me insert a Bulletstorm reference here) Hardcore Uber Power Leveling Mega Nerd Max to the Extreme, Guildies.

I've been in since Day 1 and only have ~10 hours played. Sit back, relax, enjoy the dialogue and stop pressing spacebar, I dare you.

Havn't listened to a single dialague yet. Did in the beta for 5 months. No need to re-listen.