This single dialogue depresses me beyond all possibility (heavy story spoilers ahead)

Lightmaguz

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/7370/whyxt.jpg

It's resized so no troll comments on quality and stuff...

So okay I'm dark I at this point, follow the dark side, passions etc, but no stupid decisions and no needless bloodshed to a certain point. Except characters who tried to kill me and are pleading for mercy, those ******es need to die especially the ones who betrayed me somehow. This is the most baffling dialogue in the whole game, WHO on their right mind would get this ******e back on the ship and allow him... well anything if not eternal suffering?!? And after that everything's back to normal too can't even put a shock collar on him!

Why bioware WHY can't I kill him?

Anyone else share my sentiments?

PS - No I'm not gonna unsub or stop playing my Warrior over that I happen to like the game and the particular character but holy **** this part is bad.

Edited by Lightmaguz

I only ever used Vette and broonmark anyway... I really don't understand the choice, Bioware could put back the companion customization at least to an extent, like having Vette or Pierce go healer, that would solve that. Throwing him at a wall was not at all what I thought appropriate for treason, I'd more likely jettison him in an escape pod and guide it with the force to the nearest sun.

I was dissapointed not to have this choice either... I used nothing but quinn since level 25ish so when I was betrayed by im I was rather hurt, and I wanted to make him pay. But, throwing him against a wall and beating the crap out of him was just as satisfying. My problem was more of the fact that I didn't get to actually tell my crew and brand him as an oucast on my ship.

Yes, I too want to show him my light-saber from really really close. Both sabers.

I don't care If I loose him.

He does nothing just staring out the window of my ship. Planing his next betrayal.

Also, we could get a replacement. A different companion. Who can be a healer also. Or just a worker droid so I can send 5 companions to do crew skills at the same time and the 6th can fight at my side.

Let us kill Quinn!

Ok, now I'm kind of depressed...

I just got Quin night before last right before logging out.

Played all day yesterday (was my day off), and really like this companion.

So obviously I'm not so far as to be betrayed by him. And it really bothers me knowing it is coming. And, not knowing what or whom he betrays you for or to will play a big part I suppose. But just from what I've seen, it would make more sence from my limited experiance playing my S.warrior for Vette to betray you, not Quinn. Quinn is set up to be all about loya......ohhhhh, ok, so the entire time he is pulling the wool, so to speak...

/Sadsith

Expose him, skewer him and throw him out the airlock. And the horded companion gifts I gave him. I want those back too. My toon's LS5 and I still feel this way. I'll even take 1000 DS points to do it.

Guess it could be worse. I could've run a female toon and married him before this scene.

I JUST got done with this.

I think Bioware's thinking of future content, but what part of "kill your healer companion?" isn't clear in that equation? What happened to "choices you have to live with forever?" Would you have much sympathy for people crying that they didn't "understand" that killing Quinn killed Quinn forever?

I don't use Quinn, I don't want him, don't need him for future content, I don't gear him--I wanted him dead.

The fact he "knocked out" Jaesa and she was there fighting with me anyway kinda shows how rushed the scripting for this segment was.

At the VERY least they should have a thing where I put Vette's shock collar on him.

Ever had your best friend betray you before? Your child? Your cousin? Someone you can't give up? You let them back in, they were confused and your good influence will make them better in the long run!

For role-players's sake: A smart sith would let him live and put him to his full usefulness. It's actually kind of fun. All the story conversations with afterwards are awkward like after a bad breakup haha. I actually haven't maxed his influence yet, I'm wondering if he starts to get along with the character again.

At the VERY least they should have a thing where I put Vette's shock collar on him.

LOVE IT! That might make it tolerable at least. That and an infinitely repeatable dialogue that you can do with him where you can just stand there and shock his butt over and over and over....:D

The fact he "knocked out" Jaesa and she was there fighting with me anyway kinda shows how rushed the scripting for this segment was.

I'm gearing Vette for this fight anyway. She deserves a chance to kill the big guy.

Edited by Cherokeewill

I JUST got done with this.

I think Bioware's thinking of future content, but what part of "kill your healer companion?" isn't clear in that equation? What happened to "choices you have to live with forever?" Would you have much sympathy for people crying that they didn't "understand" that killing Quinn killed Quinn forever?

I don't use Quinn, I don't want him, don't need him for future content, I don't gear him--I wanted him dead.

Not only were you able to do that in beta, it was indeed permanent. Of course, facing a certain Darth, not the last one, but one before that, as a Marauder without Quinn could very will become unwinnable in a solo fight. Not to mention someone who kept Quinn would have an advantage over you when it comes to using crew skills.

Ahhhh, and it woulb be like REAL DECISION , to kill this treacherus bastard or keep him and take advantage. Hmm something to think about.

Too bad whiners on beta cried "i killed him and he was dead, i didnt see it coming, it is unfair that he is dead when i killed him".

Seriously, thats why you cant kill him off.

It is most screwed up part od SW story. To that point I was sure this is the best story line, without this bullsh*t it still would be.

In that state it is COLOSSAL DISSAPOINTMENT - worst part of class story without doubt, compeletly fckd up.

How can you be Sith and allow traitor on board - it is beyond any reason, just thinking about it makes this game way worse.

Not only were you able to do that in beta, it was indeed permanent. Of course, facing a certain Darth, not the last one, but one before that, as a Marauder without Quinn could very will become unwinnable in a solo fight. Not to mention someone who kept Quinn would have an advantage over you when it comes to using crew skills.

I solo'd Darth baras @ level 47 with JAESA! we don't need quinn

Yes i too was very disappointed that we could not kill him. This could have been more easily solved imo by adding in a substitute companion who joins us immediately upon the death of our traitorous one. Who could of course also be a healer. Gets all the same gear and affection that your now dead crew member had. I mean he is afterall just an imperial dude, how could it possibly be that we couldn't just get a more loyal healer imperial officer assigned to our crew if we wanted one? We are a big bad sith warrior who goes about doing as he damn well pleases b/c no one can actually stop us... but we can't requisition one measly officer to replace the betrayer? Elegant solution imo.

Heck if they were pressed for time, then they could make it his twin brother that shows up and takes his place, so they wouldn't even need a new character model or anything like that.

I solo'd Darth baras @ level 47 with JAESA! we don't need quinn

i agree, baras was a pushover. That lazy *** was too busy pointing other ppl to do his stuff and just sitting around eating cheesy poofs. By the time he actually had to fight, he was pathetic.

Were you able to solo cyborg drahg though? He was MUCH harder than cartman

Heck if they were pressed for time, then they could make it his twin brother that shows up and takes his place, so they wouldn't even need a new character model or anything like that.

That's a terrible idea, I'd rather he stay dead (even if I have to use him as a rage jugg) or just kept alive. Having a twin brother suddenly show up is worse than either of those :p

i agree, baras was a pushover. That lazy *** was too busy pointing other ppl to do his stuff and just sitting around eating cheesy poofs. By the time he actually had to fight, he was pathetic.

Were you able to solo cyborg drahg though? He was MUCH harder than cartman

That's a terrible idea, I'd rather he stay dead (even if I have to use him as a rage jugg) or just kept alive. Having a twin brother suddenly show up is worse than either of those :p

I used Quinn on Draahg

Killing him would be too easy... I was hoping for something elaborated torture scene.... At least something matching Vader/Han Solo in the Cloud city, or something like Baras zapping the Republic agent....

But no..... I guess I'll just have to settle for choking him near death.

Edited by FluorineSpark

I would've loved to kill him too, but not being able to is definitely way better than the way it was handled in beta. Even if you didn't really use him while leveling, at 50 once you've geared him up a bit and want to do dailies in dps spec, or just needing a healer for some heroic content (I've even needed him for D7 hardmode first boss because bounty hunter healer bugs the encounter), he'll definitely be extremely useful. He can literally heal a bossfight in good enough gear. So yeah, there is no way it would be a good idea to be able to kill him. That'd just lead to massive regrets later on.

However it would be nice to just get a replacement healer, a new companion. I guess it would've taken too much extra work to make that happen though. Putting a shock collar or something on him would've been nice too. Make him serve you but make him suffer for the rest of his life. Man, he's making me mad just thinking about it.

Ok, now I'm kind of depressed...

I just got Quin night before last right before logging out.

Played all day yesterday (was my day off), and really like this companion.

So obviously I'm not so far as to be betrayed by him. And it really bothers me knowing it is coming. And, not knowing what or whom he betrays you for or to will play a big part I suppose. But just from what I've seen, it would make more sence from my limited experiance playing my S.warrior for Vette to betray you, not Quinn. Quinn is set up to be all about loya......ohhhhh, ok, so the entire time he is pulling the wool, so to speak...

/Sadsith

I treat Vette very well and she returns it quite warmly. It all depends, she hasn't been a slave since Korriban some people can keep her like that for the whole game I guess...

because killing one of the most useful companions would send people into nerd rages everywhere, and they would get endless requests to bring him back to life

/thread

Preposterous, there's no reason to kill Vette in the game.

Anyway, glad to see I'm not the only one who think they dropped the ball. If you wanted to keep him for gameplay purposes you could, I know I wouldn't and wasn't going to regret it anyway.

I had every intention of killing him too when he betrayed me. as soon as he turned around with his little droid buddies, I thought "you son of a *****!"

showing him even the slightest mercy goes against my entire character.

In the beginning I was the loyal apprentice, "yes, master" and whatnot, very lawful evil.

after Baras backstabed me I went chaotic evil, nobody got between me and Baras and lived. (except quinn apparently)

they should have just given us the option to kill him and replace him with a different companion. I was kind of hoping they'd give us a choice in our minions anyway, let us trade them or something. (or use our alts as minions) Like have 10 available minions, but you can only choose 5 (you could swap them, but lose all affection) that'd be a nice system

either way, if I had to give up quinn and not replace him, I would have done that. He has no right to be alive right now.

Edited by Enclone