Unbind the Tilde (`) key please!!!

Gaxar

Thanks for fixing the bug report key to be bindable.

More importantly in my keybinding is the Tilde key (the one directly left of your number 1 key)

It really is irritating this doesnt work, and i dont see any good reason for it not to be bindable.

my hands arent the biggest in the world and it is annoying reaching across to keys further away when this is in easy reach of my pinky.

you shock and surprise me.

no one in my guild has it working either so i thought it was game-wide.

If thats not the case then what the **** is going on. i have a g510 and it simply will not recognise it when i try to bind it to anything.

anyone else have simlar prob and fix?

It depends on what keyboard you have, create a ticket is ether perma-bound to ` or \ depeding on your keyboard (UK/US/ and others).

But here is a tip if you bind "open support pane" to that same key under IU keybinds, it will allow it. Which means you just open the help desk when you press it, rather than opening the help desk and opening a new ticket.

Which makes it much more liveable, as you only have to close one window, and wont have to deal with canceling tickets.

Edited by AngelousWang

no its simply not recognising the key at all no matter what i try to bind it to.

gonna try and mess with my keyboad settings and see if that does anything i guess.

if anyone has managed to solve this please let me know.

im a uk player so would imagine i have uk layout selected currently.

yep, changed my keyboard layout to US in windows 7. bloody thing works now.

thank god for that.

If you're okay with keys like @ and a few others being switched around, then sure, the physical key at the location left of one works just fine in US Layout.

However, the US symbol there is not the same as the UK one, and therefore upon switching back to UK layout (and restarting the game), it will not function.

I don't really want to have to use a US layout on my UK layout keyboard just to make a key usable that should already work. I should also point out that entering it into the chat works just fine, so it's not like the game can't read that key >.<

Thanks for fixing the bug report key to be bindable.

More importantly in my keybinding is the Tilde key (the one directly left of your number 1 key)

It really is irritating this doesnt work, and i dont see any good reason for it not to be bindable.

my hands arent the biggest in the world and it is annoying reaching across to keys further away when this is in easy reach of my pinky.

Hmm?

I have been using Tilde as my Stealth since beta.

Edit: should have looked at responses before replying.

Edited by djsmileey

~

Except what OP really means is the grave key [`]

And in this second case, the only way to get rid of the stupid bugreport popping everytime is to bind it to "map transparency" or something, this did it for me.

Now, to get rid of the freaking companions coming back from their missions that obstructate the screen , wheter you be in combat or in the GTN ...

I have been playing with: http://www.klm32.com/KbdEdit.html

Using UK layout as a base, firstly editing the Grave key to be something else, such as a, when trying to bind in game, still results in the same issue.

I then tried setting a as the grave symbol, what happens is the in game key binding menu is interesting - it doesn't read the grave symbol, it reads a.

Meanwhile, typing in the chat does print the newly edited key as it should - in this case, when pressing the physical a key, it puts a grave ` symbol into chat.

So basically the situation it seems is this:

The Chat interprets whatever you have the keys set as, while the Keybinding UI seems to have some physical list of keys that can be keybound and somehow interprets those keys as those keys regardless.

Another interesting thing is that if you bind keys to keys that are different in US and UK layouts, when you change your layout settings, it will also change these keybinds to be now the keys that would physically be in the same location on the appropriate layout.

Basically this:

If you change from a QWERTY Layout to an AZERTY one for instance, keybinds that were bound to Q will now be bound to A. I don't know if it does so for alphabet characters, but this happens for all those characters between the enter key and the letters as they are laid out slightly different on UK and US layouts.

Regardless, the only way I can get the key left of 1 to function is be having the US Layout, which is silly and annoying.

Okay so one more update, turns out I needed to restart after editing the layout again.

Using the software I linked earlier, using the US Layout as a base, and then editing all of the keys to be correct for a UK Layout, I have managed to make it work!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.