Patches just not beefy enough

ThalantyrDSL

Normally after the launch of a game you see a much larger list of items in the weekly patches. So while I agree with the OP partly, they'll get there eventually. I just hope they don't lose too many subs in the meantime. In my case, my guild lost about 3/4 or the people already. I hope they'll consider coming back when things are more complete/polished.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

uh, thanks Bioware. Finally the public outcry for this feature will end...

They already have a system in place to enter commands into the chat window. How long do you really think it took them to add that? An hour at most? It was also likely done by a junior developer.

On the other hand it probably helps customer support. "Could you please paste the /version number you're currently running?"

I know it's difficult but please think before you post.

generally in most mmos you cant connect unless you are running the current version of the client so it seems pointless

It makes it easier to document the version to look back on when debugging. It'd also be useful in the PTS, where they sometimes update a few times before it's released. "Exactly which build of the beta patch were you running?"

First of all, Blizzard patches way more often than every 6 months.

Second, WoW isn't a giant turd that needs to be fixed every 3 minutes.

The funny part is that 90% of whatever bioware writes in the patch notes isn't actually fixed.

Almost every bug they have ever listed in the patch notes as being fixed is still in the game.

Do you not remember TBC when every week was a patch week and it lasted for about 8+hours?

Then the maintenance was extended?

Then after the servers came up, they would crash?

You don't remember that?

This.

If you want "beefy" updates, look to patches 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 and beyond. The third digit in patch numbers, are historically used for "minor" updates to the software.

If the patch notes for 1.2 is the length of the 1.1.4 notes, THEN you (the OP) can start complaining. But I highly doubt it.

Sorry pal, but 1.2 and whats been released of the rest is seriously underwhelming at best.

I for one, stopped playing after they announced it, simply because I figured "Okay, so swtor's gonna need 8months to a year to be a decent MMO, see you back in 2013... maybe.

Check the OP's link to RIFT's 1.2 patch. There is no way in hell that SWTOR patch 1.2 will be even half that size. The work ethic between the two companies is night/day. That or it is a talent issue. Hire better talent, stop getting outworked by companies that have 1/4 of the money you do. End of Story. Edited by Berezo

Patch 1.2 Estimated release: March

New WZ right around the corner.

Customizable UI and UI addons (date yet determined for addons but are coming, hope it comes with 1.2).

New OP, FPs, and quests.

Can take the mods out of all gear and the set bonus xfers.

A new planet.

Guild banks.

Legacy system.

New gear.

Update to crafting. (mega update I think)

Damage Meters.

Rated WZs.

New color matching system for gear

(fill in the rest. I'm not going through it all)

Future Planned:

Guild capital ships

More planets, WZs, FP, Quests (class and dailies).

Full control space combat (better be ) and space PvP

Spectator mode for PvP

Potential:

Racing

Pazaak

More ships

Customizable ships

100s of planets (Think BW said they want over 200 planets in the end!)

etc.

Nothing is absolute, but I look forward to what the future holds.

If I ever get bored or dislike the game, I will leave and not look back.

I think that day is a long way off, based on what I've seen.

Edit:

Some of this is actually coming sooner...ie the UI customization I think is slated for 1.1.4

Edited by Azzras

I am enjoying the undocumented fixes though, like the auto-stacking in the cargo hold now working properly. And the confirmation windows for expensive and commendation purchases.

Can't find auto stacking but I thought it was in one of the early patch notes but

the confirmation window just went in this week 1.1.3:

A confirmation dialog is now displayed when purchasing items with commendations or tokens and when purchasing expensive items.

Check the OP's link to RIFT's 1.2 patch. There is no way in hell that SWTOR patch 1.2 will be even half that size. The work ethic between the two companies is night/day. That or it is a talent issue. Hire better talent, stop getting outworked by companies that have 1/4 of the money you do. End of Story.

sorry no nght and day in tor..damn there is in other mmos....

Checked torhead and I think I know why they arent "beefy", they're just leaving them for later to bring players back. I enjoy the game but I've done all pve content and will go through new one in a week, so the best bet is to take a half year break and get back when they release all the content they planned and balance out PvP, add arenas, new WZs, etc. Edited by Vesperr

I wish the time WOULD run out and all of you whiny little pissants would go away! If you don't like it STOP PLAYING IT!!! But no, we continue to get level 50's with all the raid gear and pvp crap and whatever else it is that they've spent hours trying to accumulate just so they can come on here and cry and moan about how awful the game is. That crap may work with your mommy when youre mad that she didn't cut the crusts off of your pb & j but the real world doesn't work that way. Get a grip or go play something else but please, for the sake of all things mature and realistic...SHUT UP!!!!

I wish the time WOULD run out and all of you whiny little pissants would go away! If you don't like it STOP PLAYING IT!!! But no, we continue to get level 50's with all the raid gear and pvp crap and whatever else it is that they've spent hours trying to accumulate just so they can come on here and cry and moan about how awful the game is. That crap may work with your mommy when youre mad that she didn't cut the crusts off of your pb & j but the real world doesn't work that way. Get a grip or go play something else but please, for the sake of all things mature and realistic...SHUT UP!!!!

Yeah, that's real constructive. Do you realize the irony in throwing a tantrum in which you call everyone immature babies?

WTG.

You're taking the wrong approach. You have to have fun with them. It's so much more satisfying.

;)

3. PvP Medals

Figure out something to make PvP more enjoyable and less about farming medals. Two nights in a row now I've been told off by my own team for helping them kill someone because they "were going for the solo medal". When PvP hits the point in a game that it becomes about farming medals then it's doomed. It should be about fun with a reward on the side.

NOTHING is more annoying then going 1v1 with some1, and on the last 5-10% some1 decides to steal your kill... it is not helping at all because i almost never lose 1v1 ( if you want to help, go for objectives while your team keeps the enemy busy), sure if i am low and he is full hp i don't mind, but if i am high hp and he is low... then **** and stop ruining my honorable fight... it's not just about medals, it's also about the honorable 1v1 combat that i like in some bg's with a person that thinks he's awesome when he kills off lowbirds, then gets killed 1v1 by a lvl 20 while he is 40 very statisfying if i do say so myself.

You, sir, have the kind of sense of porportion that most of the users on this forum would have to get into a near-fatal car accident to develop.

Thank you :D

However, I must disagree on one point. For some, no number of car accidents would ever work. Nothing short of the Total Perspective Vortex could accomplish that feat.

Edited by Philosomanic

You're mixing content patches vs updates.

And you also fail to understand what these weekly patches are for... They're fixing bugs every week and they're doing a pretty decent job of it... They can't fix everything you've listed in one week Furthermore, just because one thing is an issue to you does not, in fact mean it is an issue to others.

They can also run into issues where fixing one thing may cause another to break. Unless we work there, we don't know a single thing about what goes on behind the scenes and can only trust in the fact that they're doing the best they can under constant scrutiny.

Beyond the logical issues, Half of what you list is something they would have to do in a content patch, if they gave you beefy content every week chances are most of the people would be complaining about downloads being too large and servers not being up enough during the time they want to play.

Edited by InnateOne

+1 for Georg!

This simple type of communication is literally all I needed to see to be content through this week.

Knowing that you guys are actually checking this forum gives me hope for this game.

Thank you for your response on this issue. =)

Hey, this particular issue is addressed in 1.1.4, it's just not in the PTS patch notes right now.

Please understand that we usually do not include exploit-specific issues in the test server patch notes (though we will be adding this one in). They are usually added in the final patch notes when the patch hits live.

regards

-- Georg

Funny how when I point out a farming bot and prove it with a video of the bot exploiting my thread gets removed because we're "Not allowed to discuss exploits", yet the post you quoted stayed. My thread never even discussed the method of the exploit just a video showing the bot doing it.

Nice. Not.