Patches just not beefy enough

ThalantyrDSL

Bioware, comon... your patches are horrible.

One whole week of what should be a full game design house and 1.1.4 is all that you could come up with?

There are soooo many existing problems that are more important than the things you've selected to be fixed.

1. Warfront Exploiting

Constantly logging into sides having stacked players in Hutball, only to grab the ball and hold onto it for 60 seconds to win the round.

As soon as the weekly warzone quest resets the warzones are ripe with exploiters.

This should be pretty high up on your list of things to fix, because it frustrates the hell out of people.

2. Ilum Quests

You have a system where the five points in Ilum go into your quest log as quests. Why? They don't do anything as quests. On top of that, each time a point is flipped from say Republic to Imperial, your PC has a heart attack and freezes for a few seconds. Why not just implement a small rectangle that shows 5 little circles and a colour for which point is being held by which faction? It would be so much easier. I'm tired of getting back to the Republic Fleet and going to pick up a quest and having it tell me my quest log is full because the 5 x Ilum quests are still stuck in there.

3. PvP Medals

Figure out something to make PvP more enjoyable and less about farming medals. Two nights in a row now I've been told off by my own team for helping them kill someone because they "were going for the solo medal". When PvP hits the point in a game that it becomes about farming medals then it's doomed. It should be about fun with a reward on the side.

4. LFD Tool

God help me that I'm even asking for this, considering that I never run PUGs and absolutely despise LFG/LFD tools because I feel they kill world-PvP, but in this game considering the entrances to all your dungeons are inside the safe zones anyway, there's no reason why you wouldn't include a LFD tool.

That's just the tip of the iceberg of things that can be implemented or fixed.

At the moment you are taking a whole week to release a set of patch notes that really affects 1/10 players. People will continue to leave until you actually show that you're interested in fixing what game you have there and start implementing things reguarly rather than once a month. Looking over other games patch notes (the latest being Rift), their patch notes are as 5x the size of yours, and IMO you're game has more problems than theirs did, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Time is running out guys.

OP you mention that Dev fixes only affect 1/10 players yet your entire list probably only affects 2/10 players....

There are far bigger issues with this game other than PVP...

No social system

No crafting System

Gear progression that is completely backwards (can acheive 4-5 columi piece's before having enough Tionesse tokens for 1 item)

The UI

Guilds

Space...

Everything I list will benefit Everybody in one way or another...

Everything you list benefit's a few players that wish to participate in AN EASY, and pointless PVP system.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, this particular issue is addressed in 1.1.4, it's just not in the PTS patch notes right now.

Please understand that we usually do not include exploit-specific issues in the test server patch notes (though we will be adding this one in). They are usually added in the final patch notes when the patch hits live.

regards

-- Georg

Exploit fixes shouldn't be scheduled patches. The servers should be taken down and emergency patched. I don't care if you guys occasionally break something else in the process, these issues need to be handled with the quickness.

People were actively using the team imbalance exploit for quite a while with impunity.

This is an example of where a bunch of jerks ruin things for the rest of us. Blame it on them. Hell, do it by name. "This emergency downtime, brought to you by Tweedle-Dum and Tweedle-Dee, formerly of the Rabbit Hole. We hope they enjoy their retirement in the Pit of Sarlacc."

Personally, I'd rather see bug fixes every week where they've had time to test it solid for a week and then get it fixed and out a few at a time. Rather than one huge bug fix patch where they've had to focus on so many different issues that you can guarantee that they will either resurface or generate new issues. Also, more frequent bug fix patches would probably mean less time to ensure that the bug is properly fixed and ready for release.

You must realise that the entire Dev team does not deal with bug fixes. In most cases, especially with an MMO, the Dev team is split up into areas which deal with specific content.

In my experience, the Devs which deal with bugs probably have the hardest job, not only do they need to be aware of bug, they need to find out what is causing it specifically, go through all the code that somebody else wrote, find the issue, and then correct it without their fix breaking anything else.

If you rush bug fixes, then you don't fix them and most likely end up causing more problems.

I like how Bioware are currently dealing with things, we're getting info on what to expect in the coming patches, specifically 1.2. And then we're getting a weekly bug fix and slowly but surely they're getting there. Slow and steady wins the race. :)

Bioware, comon... your patches are horrible.

One whole week of what should be a full game design house and 1.1.4 is all that you could come up with?

There are soooo many existing problems that are more important than the things you've selected to be fixed.

1. Warfront Exploiting

Constantly logging into sides having stacked players in Hutball, only to grab the ball and hold onto it for 60 seconds to win the round.

As soon as the weekly warzone quest resets the warzones are ripe with exploiters.

This should be pretty high up on your list of things to fix, because it frustrates the hell out of people.

2. Ilum Quests

You have a system where the five points in Ilum go into your quest log as quests. Why? They don't do anything as quests. On top of that, each time a point is flipped from say Republic to Imperial, your PC has a heart attack and freezes for a few seconds. Why not just implement a small rectangle that shows 5 little circles and a colour for which point is being held by which faction? It would be so much easier. I'm tired of getting back to the Republic Fleet and going to pick up a quest and having it tell me my quest log is full because the 5 x Ilum quests are still stuck in there.

3. PvP Medals

Figure out something to make PvP more enjoyable and less about farming medals. Two nights in a row now I've been told off by my own team for helping them kill someone because they "were going for the solo medal". When PvP hits the point in a game that it becomes about farming medals then it's doomed. It should be about fun with a reward on the side.

4. LFD Tool

God help me that I'm even asking for this, considering that I never run PUGs and absolutely despise LFG/LFD tools because I feel they kill world-PvP, but in this game considering the entrances to all your dungeons are inside the safe zones anyway, there's no reason why you wouldn't include a LFD tool.

That's just the tip of the iceberg of things that can be implemented or fixed.

At the moment you are taking a whole week to release a set of patch notes that really affects 1/10 players. People will continue to leave until you actually show that you're interested in fixing what game you have there and start implementing things reguarly rather than once a month. Looking over other games patch notes (the latest being Rift), their patch notes are as 5x the size of yours, and IMO you're game has more problems than theirs did, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Time is running out guys.

You are only talking about PvP... there are way more things that need to be "fixed" in the upcoming patchs...

I list most of em here

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=323308