Why am I being punished?

Nakazia

Security Chests - Why do I get level 7 white items that sell back for 15-25 credits while questing in a level 41 area?

So a few people who should probably be banned for doing whatever they were doing... have somehow screwed everyone that plays this game out of getting valuable items out of chests... nice.

Surge - Why is my class effected by a surge reduction because a few other classes and their abilitlies aren't scaling correctly.

So the easy fix is nerf everyone... you can not obtain any kind of balance by changing one thing that affects everyone across the board.

Ilum - Why are my options to complete daily's and weekly's either Nascar or Trade Killing?

So you're going to patch Ilum and shove a few quest objectives in the middle for legitamate players to fight over to do their dailies in the most excruciatingly painful way possible and/or you're going to allow dozens of people to stand off to the side and gain mass amounts of valor aoeing each other down, Grats a large majority of Battle Masters you sure did work hard for it.

Comming soon - Leave a battle ground get a debuff?

Although I don't mind the whole idea, I'm sorry if repubs on my server are hacking like they were last night after you implement this... screw PvPing in this game. I will not sit willingly in a warzone where I see people blatantly cheating.

I had faith that you cared about your customers and the product you are providing Bioware.. but Ive got one foot out the door atm now.. and I could be waiting for it to hit me in the arse very soon.

This:

Security Chests - Why do I get level 7 white items that sell back for 15-25 credits while questing in a level 41 area?

Pretty much cause the players spoke up over it, they didn't want farmers looting the chests to sell the items, which ironically enough is what people were doing anyway. Granted the farmers were much lower in level, though I'm sure if there were level 50 farmers doing it, the same issues would be raised.

Pretty much cause the players spoke up over it, they didn't want farmers looting the chests to sell the items, which ironically enough is what people were doing anyway. Granted the farmers were much lower in level, though I'm sure if there were level 50 farmers doing it, the same issues would be raised.

The issue would be a non-issue if you as player would farm a particular chest 24/7 because it is your right as a subscriber of this game to spend your online time as you choose fit.

The issue WAS raised because there were invisible hacker bots at Ilum and other high-level areas farming those chests 24/7 without ANY player interaction. To further aggravate the issue these bots were low level just because SW:ToR did not have ANY safeguards to keep low level characters entering these areas in the first place.

See the difference?

Edited by Perhilion

Wait, let me get this straight... you're being "punished" because sometimes there's junk in a chest? This has nothing to do with exploits, by the way. Sometimes they just have crap in them. It's always been this way.

If they're always like this now, it's news to me -- but at least it'd be a step to remove a very well-known exploit, and it would have nothing to do with you personally, and wouldn't be punishment anyway.

Surge - Why is my class effected by a surge reduction because a few other classes and their abilitlies aren't scaling correctly.

Every class got a surge reduction to balance out an out-of-whack stat. I'm starting to suspect that either English isn't your first language, or somehow you have a really screwy idea of what the word "punishment" means.

So the easy fix is nerf everyone... you can not obtain any kind of balance by changing one thing that affects everyone across the board.

When a stat is essentially broken, the only fix is to change it. That's not "punishment," that's common sense.

I'm not even going to bother with the rest of it. This post is pure whine, and I just don't have the stomach for it.

Stop taking everything so personally. Stats being fixed isn't "punishment." Chest sometimes having trash in them isn't "punishment." Nothing you'll run into in-game is "punishment."

How easy did you have things as a kid that when you run into stuff like this, your brain says "I'm being punished?"

Edited by Pink_Saber

This:

Some players were using hacks to get to the security chests, and since the toons being used for this were probably level 7ish, Bioware made the items the security chests gave level 7 white items as well. Someone always has to ruin the fun for everyone who plays fair.

Some players were using hacks to get to the security chests, and since the toons being used for this were probably level 7ish, Bioware made the items the security chests gave level 7 white items as well. Someone always has to ruin the fun for everyone who plays fair.

Why not make the rewards tied to your own level, as in... im lvl 41, i get lvl 41 rewards.

If im level 7, i'd get level 7 rewards.

Or just maybe make the chests lvl restricted. Must be 40+ to use them.

Have a mob that drops a key guarding the chests.

These are just two simple ones off the top of my head but they had many options to fix this differently....if this is supposed to be a fix.

Or just maybe make the chests lvl restricted. Must be 40+ to use them.

Have a mob that drops a key guarding the chests.

These are just two simple ones off the top of my head but they had many options to fix this differently....if this is supposed to be a fix.

That would be smart.

Game devs don't do smart, they do easy.

Why not make the rewards tied to your own level, as in... im lvl 41, i get lvl 41 rewards.

If im level 7, i'd get level 7 rewards.

Better yet, level-lock the chests so that someone who has no business being on that planet yet and pretending they're doing that content because they'er "exploring" on that planet can't even open the thing in the first place. Want to loot level 50 chests? Be at least 47 or 48 or so.

Wait, let me get this straight... you're being "punished" because sometimes there's junk in a chest? This has nothing to do with exploits, by the way. Sometimes they just have crap in them. It's always been this way.

If they're always like this now, it's news to me -- but at least it'd be a step to remove a very well-known exploit, and it would have nothing to do with you personally, and wouldn't be punishment anyway.

Nope news flash - they're all glorified slicing boxes now I haven't gotten a single green,blue,purple,orange out of one. A few creds and a few worthless lvl 7 frilled leather white items.

Every class got a surge reduction to balance out an out-of-whack stat. I'm starting to suspect that either English isn't your first language, or somehow you have a really screwy idea of what the word "punishment" means.

When a stat is essentially broken, the only fix is to change it. That's not "punishment," that's common sense.

Two months in and oops NERF... you can't tell me they didn't see anything wrong with it until recently. It's one of our basic stats and it wasn't a little itty bitty change either, it was a huge change for alot of people that didn't even have the OP classes/abilities that they were intending to be fixed by it.

I'm not even going to bother with the rest of it. This post is pure whine, and I just don't have the stomach for it.

Stop taking everything so personally. Stats being fixed isn't "punishment." Chest sometimes having trash in them isn't "punishment." Nothing you'll run into in-game is "punishment."

How easy did you have things as a kid that when you run into stuff like this, your brain says "I'm being punished?"

hahaha agreed, i would like to subscribe to your newsletter sir

Why not make the rewards tied to your own level, as in... i'm lvl 41, i get lvl 41 rewards.

If i'm level 7, i'd get level 7 rewards.

This is a good idea, its alot more work than most people would think though. The chests in question though are just random world chests, they aren't really supposed to have anything really worthwhile... maybe making everything that comes out a chest BOP and have no vendor value would be a quick fix for the meantime. Couple other good suggestions with keys and locks and such too.

Though i dont think anything is broken with this issue.

Bottom line, if you are honestly being hindered by the quality or lack there of on items you get for doing absolutely nothing at all - you may want to consider a new game genre.

Edited by Tattersalad

Nope news flash - they're all glorified slicing boxes now I haven't gotten a single green,blue,purple,orange out of one. A few creds and a few worthless lvl 7 frilled leather white items.

Please don't give out bad information cuz you are upset. Chests still drop greens. I proved this not 20 seconds ago on Hoth, where I am currently farming Orange gear.

Two months in and oops NERF... you can't tell me they didn't see anything wrong with it until recently. It's one of our basic stats and it wasn't a little itty bitty change either, it was a huge change for alot of people that didn't even have the OP classes/abilities that they were intending to be fixed by it.
I feel your pain.

you know what though? There isnt even a friggin combat log yet. Are we supposed to CARE about damage? No, because you go in raids and press buttons and the bosses die all the same.

Edited by Gerrard_Ennui

Please don't give out bad information cuz you are upset. Chests still drop greens. I proved this not 20 seconds ago on Hoth, where I am currently farming Orange gear.

Seriously. The chests sometimes giving out frilled leatheris and other low level items goes back *WAY* before the Ilum incident.

In other words, lvl 7 items from world chests is not some kind of "punishment" nor is it even a reaction to people exploiting the chests on Ilum....its something they've always done

Edited by Inspecter

I've opened dozens of chests since the chest change, haven't seen a green yet, is it bad info or just player experience leading them to say something like that?

Before the change I would have been surprised to NOT see a green in the chest, after the change, I have yet to see one *AT ALL*.

I think it matters less what they drop, and matters more that they drop so little *BECAUSE* a handful of UNPUNISHED exploitive farmers were abusing the system. A system that doesn't even have a functional economy to "break". You actually need trade skills that provide benefits to other players in exchange for in game money before an economy forms, as it is, we don't have that.

The OP isn't whining with no merit, sorry to the people fanboying this thread up, but you're wrong. The overall point of their post is that their broad sweeping changes are impacting and even punishing people that never took place in any form of exploitation while seemingly ignoring and even encouraging exploits in other sectors of the game.

For example: I find it amusing that chests have been fixed in order to "save" the economy, but kill trading hasn't been touched to fix a BROKEN valor system.

Occasionally they do drop whites, but 80% of the time they drop greens.

Thats BS in my experience.

Edited by Celebrus

Apologies if I am wrong but I haven't seen a green out of one in a few weeks. For me prior to the change, I would get excited when I saw a chest and would try to quickly kill whatever was around it... now I don't even bother.

Before there use to be a chance that a blue,purple or orange would be in it as well... you know something that might be useful to your character at that level.

Point is they're nerfed because Bioware won't ban individuals who are abusing the ToS, but they're more than willing to do an easy fix that negatively affects people who are playing by all the rules.

I've opened dozens of chests since the chest change, haven't seen a green yet, is it bad info or just player experience leading them to say something like that?

Before the change I would have been surprised to NOT see a green in the chest, after the change, I have yet to see one *AT ALL*.

I think it matters less what they drop, and matters more that they drop so little *BECAUSE* a handful of UNPUNISHED exploitive farmers were abusing the system. A system that doesn't even have a functional economy to "break". You actually need trade skills that provide benefits to other players in exchange for in game money before an economy forms, as it is, we don't have that.

The OP isn't whining with no merit, sorry to the people fanboying this thread up, but you're wrong. The overall point of their post is that their broad sweeping changes are impacting and even punishing people that never took place in any form of exploitation while seemingly ignoring and even encouraging exploits in other sectors of the game.

For example: I find it amusing that chests have been fixed in order to "save" the economy, but kill trading hasn't been touched to fix a BROKEN valor system.

Thats BS in my experience.

Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal. You say one thing, I say another. I suggest people go open a chest or 4 and then we will see who is full of it. I just opened another chest and violah another green. I know you want to be noticed and prove how bad this game is, but really? Making things up? Pathetic.

Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal. You say one thing, I say another. I suggest people go open a chest or 4 and then we will see who is full of it. I just opened another chest and violah another green. I know you want to be noticed and prove how bad this game is, but really? Making things up? Pathetic.

I never said I was making anything up, I said in my experience, since the patch, I have yet to see a single green item drop from the *DOZENS* of chests I've opened. I know you're trying your best to derail this into nothing but a mindless fight over loot from chests, which I know is gimped in the EXTREME, but thats not what this is about.

Point is they're nerfed because Bioware won't ban individuals who are abusing the ToS, but they're more than willing to do an easy fix that negatively affects people who are playing by all the rules.

This is what it's about. :)

Full sub retention mode, thats about the only explanation for not handing out bans for the some of the things I see on this game, daily.

Edited by Celebrus

*shrug* I have opened dozens of chests myself, this is what I do with my time when I am not doing dailies or Ops, I farm orange gear and happen to open 3 or 4 chests an hour.

I get about 80% green drop rate. I am a statistical nut, I can give you a break down of how much money I make per hour, how often a chest spawns, how much each chest drops, how often is drops a green and the avg net worth of each chest.

I could also tell you which mobs drop the most oranges per hour. But I won't because I like having a lot of oranges to sell on the GTN and would rather keep my spot to myself for as long as possible.

Good day to you.

Stastical mode engaged:

Currently, I am attempting to figure out which companion does the most dps.

Right now, Ashara in Exsanguination stance is edging out Revel (Sith Sorc pets)

Ashara in Exsang mode is about 570 dps.

Ashara in perf mode, is about 522 dps

Revel in Sniper mode is about 513 dps