Electronic Gaming Monthly gives SWTOR 9/10

Jett-Rinn

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You keep rubbing your hands together hoping for this....I hope you don't try anything foolish should Bioware announce yet another population growth soon. :rolleyes:

I'm pretty confident that's not going to happen. We'll see what happens over the next three months. And just to head off a response I sense coming, I never made predictions about the first month. I've always maintained that signs of where the game is headed will be seen at 3 and 6 months.

9/10? Agreed. Loving this game. Now if all the guys obsessed with trolling would quit the game we could really have a great time.

I already did quit the game. Haven't logged in in over a week. There's nothing stopping you from logging in, playing, and enjoying TOR, so why are you here?

Videogame reviews in magazines/big sites mean absolutely nothing, they are all bought.

Metacritic user score: 5.9, thats from players. Which is pretty bad since players usually over-rate games.

EA almost certainly paid reviewers.

You are late to the game. We already went over why that rating is crap.

Oh, so you are paying to post on the forums. Brilliant!

Nope, account isn't subscribed at the moment. But fear not, I only have one day left to get my money's worth of entertainment out of SWTOR before I join all the others who've left and may or may not ever be back for a second look at this game.

Edited by marshalleck

Oh, so you are paying to post on the forums. Brilliant!

Are you really that dense? Care to think about what he said? It's simple, he paid for a month, didn't like the game so hasn't logged in over a week. He still has play time which means he can actively post on the forums till his account expires.

I wonder if you will be singing the same tune, should it come to pass that 1-1.5 million of TOR's initial subscribers don't remain past the 6 month mark.

That rating is crap because the game is crap.

Edited by Azzras

Sometimes I agree with critics and sometimes I don't.

I can think of times when Movie critics hated a movie, that I ended up loving. Then again, I have seen movies critics loved and I couldn't stand...

Oh well, such is the world of opinions!

I'm pretty confident that's not going to happen. We'll see what happens over the next three months. And just to head off a response I sense coming, I never made predictions about the first month. I've always maintained that signs of where the game is headed will be seen at 3 and 6 months.

Welll...if you would listen to the TORWARS podcast (which you wouldn't cause you loathe hate and detest TOR) you would know that a subscriber increase is pretty much a done deal...but hey maybe next month or six months or even ten years from now..sooner or later you will be right...take solace in that. :rolleyes:

9/10? Agreed. Loving this game. Now if all the guys obsessed with trolling would quit the game we could really have a great time.

^ THIS

I really wonder if people just skip their character's storyline and plot, just for the sake of levelling up and doing PVP. I mean there's a lot of things that you can appreciate from each character's point of view of the story. And in my opinion, its great to just try getting immersed to the plot first, then do Hardcore PVP later or 2/3 of the game. By that time then, known issues with PVP would have been straightened out.