A Sincere Thank You to Bioware.

antiviolence

Dear Bioware,

Thank you for this amazing game thus far. Up until 2 weeks back, I kinda enjoyed the game, put up with a few bugs and glitches while at the same time convincing my guildies and friends that this game can only be better.

But I was so wrong. The game only got worst. Once again I'm here in the forums starting a thread about something game breaking. It seems that you've ignored me when I made in-game tickets about AFKers in Warzones. Ok fine. Then came the hundreds of battlemasters that started appearing after the first Ilum fix. I told myself it's okay just gear that's all. But now this whole 8v12 exploit is really getting out of hand.

First and foremost, I'm playing on the republic side which is already greatly outnumbered. I can live with that, it was my choice to choose the lesser populated side with my friends. I've spent most weeks in Ilum retreating to my base, pushing out to Southern Assault and then sent packing back to rep base again. Rinse and repeat. But I'm cool with it.

Once I'm done with Ilum, I'll head down back to fleet, party up with guildies and start playing a few WZ's. Since almost 2 weeks ago, I've consistently been joining 8v10-12 games. Yes, 8 reps vs 10-12 imps on almost every game. Whole night. For 6 hours. With the exception of the occasional normal 8v8 games, maybe if I'm lucky.. once or twice a night.

Even on Huttball against my fellow reps, I still fight unbalanced battles. I've made tickets regarding this game breaking problem since I found out about it a week or so after launch. That's almost 2 months ago. And worst, kinda, since you patched the game yesterday with the "credit for winning a game" bug fixed, I've not had a decent 8v8 game to play.

This isn't really a "I QUIT" thread for now. I still have more than a month on my subscription left and if nothing changes, then I think this game isn't for me. (Yes you guys can haz my items! :D) I would like to stress that I don't hate the game, I love star wars but it's day by day I feel like there's no point in logging in any more.

I'm sorry if the post is hard to read. I've just been zapped by 5 sorcs, I think i heard a tracer missile firing off, force charged by 2 sith warriors and I THINK I was jumped by 2 Operatives, couldn't really tell because the lightning animation was all over my screen. Oh and all this was in the same game.

Yours sincerely,

Someone who actually liked the game.

Yeah, there are so many problems, it's hard to believe anyone can realistically think they will be here for much longer. I bought a 6 month subscription that I now regret. It is really a challenge to log into the game any more.

I hear that, bought a six month one myself. Also regretting it. I'm just praying, PRAYING that they start focusing on PVP a bit more. Unreal that they "fix" shockfrozen water and surge, but meanwhile do nothing about game breaking exploits like 8 vs10+. We actually beat a 11 man team last night with 8 but that's because we lucked into 6 of us being from our guild a 4 man pre-made and two solo queuers. It was close but we won. Still it shouldn't take 6 people coordinating to have a prayer of beating a team with 3 more than you.

Definitely upset right now and regretting 6 month sub. I hope when folks cancel they put "due to pvp issues".

Dear Bioware,

Thank you for this amazing game thus far. Up until 2 weeks back, I kinda enjoyed the game, put up with a few bugs and glitches while at the same time convincing my guildies and friends that this game can only be better.

But I was so wrong. The game only got worst. Once again I'm here in the forums starting a thread about something game breaking. It seems that you've ignored me when I made in-game tickets about AFKers in Warzones. Ok fine. Then came the hundreds of battlemasters that started appearing after the first Ilum fix. I told myself it's okay just gear that's all. But now this whole 8v12 exploit is really getting out of hand.

First and foremost, I'm playing on the republic side which is already greatly outnumbered. I can live with that, it was my choice to choose the lesser populated side with my friends. I've spent most weeks in Ilum retreating to my base, pushing out to Southern Assault and then sent packing back to rep base again. Rinse and repeat. But I'm cool with it.

Once I'm done with Ilum, I'll head down back to fleet, party up with guildies and start playing a few WZ's. Since almost 2 weeks ago, I've consistently been joining 8v10-12 games. Yes, 8 reps vs 10-12 imps on almost every game. Whole night. For 6 hours. With the exception of the occasional normal 8v8 games, maybe if I'm lucky.. once or twice a night.

Even on Huttball against my fellow reps, I still fight unbalanced battles. I've made tickets regarding this game breaking problem since I found out about it a week or so after launch. That's almost 2 months ago. And worst, kinda, since you patched the game yesterday with the "credit for winning a game" bug fixed, I've not had a decent 8v8 game to play.

This isn't really a "I QUIT" thread for now. I still have more than a month on my subscription left and if nothing changes, then I think this game isn't for me. (Yes you guys can haz my items! :D) I would like to stress that I don't hate the game, I love star wars but it's day by day I feel like there's no point in logging in any more.

I'm sorry if the post is hard to read. I've just been zapped by 5 sorcs, I think i heard a tracer missile firing off, force charged by 2 sith warriors and I THINK I was jumped by 2 Operatives, couldn't really tell because the lightning animation was all over my screen. Oh and all this was in the same game.

Yours sincerely,

Someone who actually liked the game.

Echoes upon echoes my friend.. echoes upon echoes..

Edited by Opapanax

This game is beyond sad at this point.

Can we even trust that they will make a rated BG that works properly, won't be bugged (stuck at spawn while getting killed in a knockback?), and won't be exploited to all hell, making legit players having a massive uphill climb to compete?

Sigh.

Has OP ever thought maybe just cancelling his sub then coming back when more contents added and majority of bugs are worked out?

Have you ever thought about reading the OPs post before making suggestions that make no sense. He is talking about the content that does exist and what is wrong with it. Lack of content is not the concern.

Have you ever thought about reading the OPs post before making suggestions that make no sense. He is talking about the content that does exist and what is wrong with it. Lack of content is not the concern.

More content equals more to do and maybe they will actually release content that is improved from the last. I did read the post maybe you shouldn't be so close minded.

Edited by Baalazar

More content equals more to do and maybe they will actually release content that is improved from the last. I did read the post maybe you shouldn't be so close minded.

If they add more content, I can almost guarentee that it will it will be borken, buggy, or imbalanced in some way. They can't even get some of the basic stuff right with what is already out there. I have absolutely no hope for the PVP in this game based on what we have been given so far.

Edited by Dogfatherxx

everthing takes time to fix...it is not as simple as knowing the problem and going in and solving it...it is going to take time but will obviously be fixed. Bioware did not put 200 million dollars into this game just to throw it under the bus. People now a days are self-entitled to everything and always want instant gratification but fail to realize that the game has been out for little over two months, stick with it and continue giving Devs hints as to what is wrong and you will begin to see improvements...patience is the key

at op

I feel you man, you summed up pretty much how I feel at this point.

I want to have faith, but there are just so so so many things wrong with this game, it's almost unbelievable.

6 years in development, and these is the finished product we get at release. It boggles my mind.

Hopefully, someone will pull their head out of their arse at BW and a) start communicating that they are aware of the various issues and b) start communicating some sort of coherent plan to fix them.

But, honestly, I'm not holding my breath.

I agree with the OP I wouldn't be paying anymore either except I am a GM for a guild that is pretty active with regular members that want to do PVP, FP, etc. I am going to try and stick out until March and see what the next big game update brings, but once GW2 hits guild or not i'll more then likely be done with this disaster.

Totally agree with OP.

I love this game, but trying to play it is now like work. So for now, I am cancelling my subscription.

If the game did not have so many bugs and was no so imbalanced I might still be playing. But getting pawned near every PVP at lvl 50 as Imps are all BM and alway got more people then us. Sometimes can be 6 v 12. Is horrible. And since no Rep wants to PVP, the waiting time average is 30 minutes. Once I queues for 3 hours without a match. WIN!!!

Also Ilum is boring and I always dying to overwhelming Imp numbers or hours of meaningless arms grinding. And PVE dailies, is super boring as I near never find people to do it with me (play time difference).

So in total. Game is boring, and buggy and imbalance. I am trying to lvl up another toon, but when I think of end game, it kills my interest in the whole game.

Edited by gadenp

everthing takes time to fix...it is not as simple as knowing the problem and going in and solving it...it is going to take time but will obviously be fixed. Bioware did not put 200 million dollars into this game just to throw it under the bus. People now a days are self-entitled to everything and always want instant gratification but fail to realize that the game has been out for little over two months, stick with it and continue giving Devs hints as to what is wrong and you will begin to see improvements...patience is the key

As I have mentioned in my first post, I fully understand that everything takes time to fix, hence why I am NOT quitting now, I actually do want the game to succeed. But the lack of communication between devs and community regarding game breaking issues is just... urgh.. frustrating.

It's not just a simple bug/glitch that just affects a certain class or just a % of people. It's affecting the whole PVP portion of the game and I can safely say that's just about all it has at the moment. (Sorry PVE-ers. No disrespect.)

Most if not all of the Q&A questions just talked about what was planned for the future of the game. It did not recognize any of the problems it's having.

As I have mentioned in my first post, I fully understand that everything takes time to fix, hence why I am NOT quitting now, I actually do want the game to succeed. But the lack of communication between devs and community regarding game breaking issues is just... urgh.. frustrating.

It's not just a simple bug/glitch that just affects a certain class or just a % of people. It's affecting the whole PVP portion of the game and I can safely say that's just about all it has at the moment. (Sorry PVE-ers. No disrespect.)

Most if not all of the Q&A questions just talked about what was planned for the future of the game. It did not recognize any of the problems it's having.

Just quite for now, and maybe come back in a few months time. Like I will be doing. SWTOR might get better :) then great! Or it might not......