Ask Elrathion

Elrathion

Thanks for the response.

Just wondering could you post the 8-33 build you were speaking of as i am not familiar with it and i find myself dueling quite a lot. ATM i am the 2-21-18 build you recognized long back and i love it and by your response i assume it will still be viable after 1.2 except POM will only be used on mind crush and deliverance i assume?

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know dual-speccing isn't available yet, but if it were available now and you could swap on the fly, what two specs do you feel would give you the greatest flexibility in PvP? Would you actually choose two of the specs above? Or does having the ability to swap alter your specs? Thanks.

I have to do testing post 1.2 if seer is actually worth playing. I'm currently leveling an operative alt, and it feels 10x more survivable as a healer then a seer. (however harder to keep others up :p) both us and commando healing got nerfed, so we gotta see how that plays out. IF I wouldn't think healing is viable, I'd go for 8-33 for 1v1 purposes and 20-21 for bg purposes. But again, I haven't played the beta, and while I did extensive testing with these builds to prepare myself for 1.2, I cant account for the big number of changes happening, so we'll have to see.

Thanks for the response.

Just wondering could you post the 8-33 build you were speaking of as i am not familiar with it and i find myself dueling quite a lot. ATM i am the 2-21-18 build you recognized long back and i love it and by your response i assume it will still be viable after 1.2 except POM will only be used on mind crush and deliverance i assume?

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600GhZdcbrdRrutz.1

yes 2-21-18 will still be very much viable, only you might get anoyed by the lack of dps ;>

I have to do testing post 1.2 if seer is actually worth playing. I'm currently leveling an operative alt, and it feels 10x more survivable as a healer then a seer. (however harder to keep others up :p) both us and commando healing got nerfed, so we gotta see how that plays out. IF I wouldn't think healing is viable, I'd go for 8-33 for 1v1 purposes and 20-21 for bg purposes. But again, I haven't played the beta, and while I did extensive testing with these builds to prepare myself for 1.2, I cant account for the big number of changes happening, so we'll have to see.

I'm actually leveling a Scoundrel alt...so I'll respec to healer and see how it feels as well. In the meantime, I think I'll also start to PvP finally! Thanks you for all the advice you've provided in this thread. :)

Hello Elrathion,

I would also like to know what the 0-20-21 build is :)

I'm more or less making the hard decision to move to dps sage after my server gets overcrowded with healing sages =\

Also I would like to understand how tidal force works: if I cast 3 disturbances, do I get a 90% chance my tele wave would be an instance? Does it work that way?

Thanks so much for your insight!

Hello Elrathion,

I would also like to know what the 0-20-21 build is :)

I'm more or less making the hard decision to move to dps sage after my server gets overcrowded with healing sages =\

Also I would like to understand how tidal force works: if I cast 3 disturbances, do I get a 90% chance my tele wave would be an instance? Does it work that way?

Thanks so much for your insight!

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600Zfc0rbMrZcMcRsrk.1

There are three variants possible. You can either take this build, or drop blackout for tidal wave OR take tidal wave and keep blackout and DROP 1/2 effusion and 1/2 into -50% tk throw.

Thank you so much for your help!

So just to see if I understood reading the previous posts right, the idea of this build is to spam TK throw and weaken mind, disrupt healers and keep people off your back right?

Also if we put tele wave/tidal force into the equation, we do have the choice to burst once in a while if necessary, am I right to say so?

Thanks once agian :D

In PvP, do you go with a full BM set or mix BM with rakata? If you'd played a full healer spec in PvP, how would you mix your equipment? What build would you advice for PvP healer whos main job is to heal, but he also would like to bring down fast some dudes seeing a mark above his head and goin for him with half or less of their health (i.e "what should I take if I'm ready to give up on Salvation for extra damage")?

P.S. Don't mind the patch, I'll take any advice even if it's outdated to some degree.

Edited by Shadenuat

I'm a PVE player, goes to Heroics a lot as a healer. I'm into a lot of solo levelling too. What build should I be now that we've got 1.2? Thanks. :D

OH, and I don't understand what you mean when you say "choose the 8-21-13 build", i don't know what the numbers stand for. If you could please give me a torhead skill tree set that I could follow, I would grovel at your feet. daily. :D

Thank you so much for your help!

So just to see if I understood reading the previous posts right, the idea of this build is to spam TK throw and weaken mind, disrupt healers and keep people off your back right?

Also if we put tele wave/tidal force into the equation, we do have the choice to burst once in a while if necessary, am I right to say so?

Thanks once agian :D

The idea of the build is to have verstatility. You cc alot, do good dps, and can off-heal in oh-**** situations and can keep yourself up.

With adding tidal wave, you add the option of some more burst dps. I say some, because basically, it involves you losing some dps by interrupting your telek throw ticks for a disturbance, for the 30 percent chance of getting a proc telek wave. It's nice, but you have to sacrifise something else for it, eg telek effusion and 1/2 blackout or sth similar. I really enjoy the reduced cd's on sprint and on lift though, my lift is hardly off cooldown w this build. 8s instant cc on whatever melee I see, while focusing down healers is just too LAWL.

In PvP, do you go with a full BM set or mix BM with rakata? If you'd played a full healer spec in PvP, how would you mix your equipment? What build would you advice for PvP healer whos main job is to heal, but he also would like to bring down fast some dudes seeing a mark above his head and goin for him with half or less of their health (i.e "what should I take if I'm ready to give up on Salvation for extra damage")?

P.S. Don't mind the patch, I'll take any advice even if it's outdated to some degree.

Post patch, I don't see any reason to mix w rakata, and prepatch, I was using 2 piece of rakata for the imba set bonus. However w our force regen nerf + the BIG changes to expertise, I don't think it's smart to keep rakata going. We'll prolly need that 4 setbonus noble sacrifise more.

There are several options for the build you ask for, a very good one is 21-2-18. Any build now where you do damage and dps will severely screw over your heal output now. Before I went 27-0-14 and I was able to put sick heals and constant dps through, but i guess those days are gone :p

Thanks so much! I'm liking the build without the TK wave a lot, because I found myself sparing very little time to produce one wave, and by the time that happens my target would have happily ran away from the perfect spot I want him to be to AOE :)

I dont damage a lot (as in I never seem to be able to top damage charts) but in battles I find myself able to wear down the enemy very fast, and not just one but several. That does help the team a lot :)

I noticed one very odd thing: My heals are pretty high despite this being a dps build O.O I always run aside to heal up and never enter a battle half health (i feel like i'm still very squishy). This does not really mean i'm compromising a lot on damage right?

(My typical match gets about 100k ish heals and about 250~350k ish damage)

Thanks so much! I'm liking the build without the TK wave a lot, because I found myself sparing very little time to produce one wave, and by the time that happens my target would have happily ran away from the perfect spot I want him to be to AOE :)

I dont damage a lot (as in I never seem to be able to top damage charts) but in battles I find myself able to wear down the enemy very fast, and not just one but several. That does help the team a lot :)

I noticed one very odd thing: My heals are pretty high despite this being a dps build O.O I always run aside to heal up and never enter a battle half health (i feel like i'm still very squishy). This does not really mean i'm compromising a lot on damage right?

(My typical match gets about 100k ish heals and about 250~350k ish damage)

Yeah I would even say that 100k heals is low for that build. I hardly ever am under 120k and usually between 150-200 with the above damage or higher if long games.

Like I stated before, I don't think sage is cut out to be a pure dps class after this patch, but it can be a jack of all trades.

Yeah I would even say that 100k heals is low for that build. I hardly ever am under 120k and usually between 150-200 with the above damage or higher if long games.

Like I stated before, I don't think sage is cut out to be a pure dps class after this patch, but it can be a jack of all trades.

Yeap you're right, I took that average from a longer match... on average now i'm getting around there...

Thanks so much for help! I'm only quite disappointed with the squishiness... half the time I'm running :(

Hey Elrathion (and any other sage willing to criticize this build)!

As most 0-13-28 hybrid sages here, I've tried a couple builds and came up with this :

7/6/28

I traded some of the utility skills in the TK branch for the healing and aoe bonus of the seer branch. Now I heal myself more often, I am also oof way more often but my offensive spells do a lot more damage and FiB hits like a truck (up to 3.5k with no buff).

I kept being among the best damage dealers in any WZ I played and earned most medals. The survivability I lost from the TK talents is really balanced by the uber heals (5k-ish) and the damage done, to the point that I can take on an average marauder 1v1 without breaking a sweat.

My Sage is rank 64 with a mix of Champion and BM gear. I have replaced my BM saber's cristal with the +41 expertise from the pre-order vendor.

So, what do you think?

Edited by SubZeroKelvin

Hey Elrathion (and any other sage criticize this build)!

As most 0-13-28 hybrid sages here, I've tried a couple builds and came up with this :

7/6/28

I traded some of the utility skills in the TK branch for the healing and aoe bonus of the seer branch. Now I heal myself more often, I am also oof way more often but my offensive spells do a lot more damage and FiB hits like a truck (up to 3.5k with no buff).

I kept being among the best damage dealers in any WZ I played and earned most medals. The survivability I lost from the TK talents is really balanced by the uber heals (5k-ish) and the damage done, to the point that I can take on an average marauder 1v1 without breaking a sweat.

My Sage is rank 64 with a mix of Champion and BM gear. I have replaced my BM saber's cristal with the +41 expertise from the pre-order vendor.

So, what do you think?

I have a guildie who does this as well, slightly different going on 7-3-31

he does almost twice as much damage as me each game, but less healing of course...

This build may be better for ratings =\

Hey Elrathion! I have a couple quick questions.

1. I enjoy playing my sage as Telekinetics. What is a good build for 1.2 and what should my rotation look like?

2. If I did go back to healing what is a good build and rotation for 1.2 PvE healing?

P.S. Great thread and it's awesome to have some help like this.

*edit* For the TK build I'm looking for something that has good solo survivability but will still do well in groups. My gear is Artifacts and Orange gear modded to level 50-51.

Thanks!

Edited by Pdubya

Hey Elrathion (and any other sage willing to criticize this build)!

7/6/28

So, what do you think?

To me you're giving up the best of the two worlds for some extra aoe damage on your FiB. The 31 ult from balance is too good to trade in for that and so would be the additional control from force wake.

I think the marauders must not be really good if you can actually get your 2.5s heals off with that build _- And for the same matter kill them without breaking a sweat :p

Hey Elrathion! I have a couple quick questions.

1. I enjoy playing my sage as Telekinetics. What is a good build for 1.2 and what should my rotation look like?

2. If I did go back to healing what is a good build and rotation for 1.2 PvE healing?

P.S. Great thread and it's awesome to have some help like this.

*edit* For the TK build I'm looking for something that has good solo survivability but will still do well in groups. My gear is Artifacts and Orange gear modded to level 50-51.

Thanks!

1. There is the offensive and the defensive TK varriant. The Offensive TK varriant will run your typical 3-31-7 (or 0-31-10 or 2-32-7 = variants with project or with taking diliverance instead of extra crit damage) OR your defensive varriant which is 8-33-0 [75 pushback reduction on heals]

Rotations are hard to just list, but typically I try to get weaken mind up fast, then spam disturbance for a proc, and when I get my proc I pop relics cast turbulance followed by my instant wave. I always try to set up a burst of about 5-7k, so they can't outheal it.

The defensive TK build will make you survive against pretty much everything, even with average gear.

2. I'm not the most experienced with pve seer healing in this game, so I'll let others chime in. Pre 1.2 I found it really easy, but I guess force management is now a bit harder. I'd like to refer you to sithwarrior.com where the pve numberfreaks have calculated the perfect rotation for you :p

Edited by Elrathion

Hey! I'm a strictly PvE sage, I've never cared to PvP, and I've been running the 13/28 hybrid build. Due to the change to POM, I don't feel like that's the right build anymore, but I'm not sure what to change. Any thoughts on a similar build? All I care for is questing and FP's.

Thanks in advance,

Anthony

Hey! I'm a strictly PvE sage, I've never cared to PvP, and I've been running the 13/28 hybrid build. Due to the change to POM, I don't feel like that's the right build anymore, but I'm not sure what to change. Any thoughts on a similar build? All I care for is questing and FP's.

Thanks in advance,

Anthony

I have been using the 1/12/28, works about the same but you dont take force wave. I beleive this is still the best PvE dps spec right now.