Ask Elrathion

Elrathion

yooo i got all my rakata piece 5/5 i was wondering if i should remove the endu/power/alacrity enhancement and put the endu/power/surge.

Do 0-13-28 sages need alacrity??

can you help me with alacrity i dont see how it helps me :o

Nope, if you are committed to that spec, most of your spells are instant casts, alacrity won't help you with those. It will however help with your TK throw.

If you aren't too far up the DR curve for surge (debatable, but we'll say 300), you might want to swap a couple enhancements for alacrity to up your TK throw channel time. Especially since there isn't any Power/Crit enhancements in game anymore.

Edited by Turando

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yooo i got all my rakata piece 5/5 i was wondering if i should remove the endu/power/alacrity enhancement and put the endu/power/surge.

Do 0-13-28 sages need alacrity??

can you help me with alacrity i dont see how it helps me :o

It's not so much do we need alacrity, it's can we avoid it without overinvesting in other stats. Currently, I feel the answer is no. A balanced build will always carry around 6% reduction with good gear (once you're hitting the DR curves elsewhere) because of the way the enhancements are currently itemized. I don't feel this is a bad thing though, I enjoy a little cast time reduction for the occasional healing I do -_-

Hey Elrathion, I played Destruction in WoW and was wondering what build might be similar to it.

Hard one... I guess one could say full TK, but there's so many differences aswell, that you really can't compare. full TK isn't nearly as strong as destruction was in wow imo.

How do you deal with Marauders?

They're very hard to CC, they can root you regardless of your resolve bar, and you have to manage their all but invincible bouts.

You use Sever Force and CC both of his CD's -Enduring Pain Undying Rage.

Easier said than done though due to the 3 sec GUARANTEED root every 8 sec.

They will interrupt enough of your casts to own you.

some ppl resist my attacks (in pvp), can i do something about it ?

i've played healer a bit in pvp, and without a tank guarding me i die really fast, when focused. so i played a bit with skill calc and got this build 27/12/2. any thoughts on it ?

About resists, they happen to me too at times, allthough technically it shouldn't happen. Ofcourse if you're talking about the shadow ability which grants 100% immunity to force/tech damage, my suggestion is to either run during that time or use it to get a quick heal off. I'll always mock these idiot players who try to dps a shadow down during that cd -_-

Hmm about your build, it's actually quite interesting -_- The only problem is that your weaken mind focused spells are directly counterproductive to your foce wake, and you're giving up salvation to do it. But... If you play it smart, I can see this working in pvp, why not. You'll be really hard to kill, that's for sure.

How do you deal with Marauders?

They're very hard to CC, they can root you regardless of your resolve bar, and you have to manage their all but invincible bouts.

Yes they are a pain. Both Marauders and Jugs are actually. How do you deal with them? The first step is NEVER GET GREEDY. You have to realize a Marauder with cooldowns has two lives. I used to lose a lot to them because I was at 70% they at 20% and they manage to completely turn the tide.

You should have them a) permaslowed, b) using your knockback NOT TOO soon (it's quite interesting to save for when they leaped you), c) kite and cast small heals, keep him at armslenght away, just far enough for you not to be lept to, but not close enough for him to interrupt or get you without blowing cooldowns.

It basically comes down to patience and good understanding of their cd's. For example they have an ability which reduces all damage taken significantly. This ONLy lasts 6s. However if you damage them during this time you're screwed for 30s, which can completely screw you over. With that in mind I often am really strategic about when I use my dots as to avoid it breaking my cc and to avoid giving him godmode for 30s -.-

A fight against a good marauder usually lasts >1-2 min with me. If it's faster they are scrubs -_-. If you die faster, you're greedy. [unless in pvp where you get zerged :p]

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600Zfc0rzMrZcMcRsrzb.1

0/19/22

Set x2 / x2 (Mind Crush / Bubble)

Any thoughts?

I'd get the mind crush one, since it's a spell which is going to be up WAY more often then mindcrush. And not getting force supression doesn't make any sense to me, if you're going that deep in the tree. Psychic Projection is the best talent in the telekenetics tree, and you're not picking it up? -_-

Yes they are a pain. Both Marauders and Jugs are actually. How do you deal with them? The first step is NEVER GET GREEDY. You have to realize a Marauder with cooldowns has two lives. I used to lose a lot to them because I was at 70% they at 20% and they manage to completely turn the tide.

You should have them a) permaslowed, b) using your knockback NOT TOO soon (it's quite interesting to save for when they leaped you), c) kite and cast small heals, keep him at armslenght away, just far enough for you not to be lept to, but not close enough for him to interrupt or get you without blowing cooldowns.

It basically comes down to patience and good understanding of their cd's. For example they have an ability which reduces all damage taken significantly. This ONLy lasts 6s. However if you damage them during this time you're screwed for 30s, which can completely screw you over. With that in mind I often am really strategic about when I use my dots as to avoid it breaking my cc and to avoid giving him godmode for 30s -.-

A fight against a good marauder usually lasts >1-2 min with me. If it's faster they are scrubs -_-. If you die faster, you're greedy. [unless in pvp where you get zerged :p]

One really good way to keep them in place after they force leap and they got their CC bar full is to actually knock them back. If you're specced into the root on the knockback and you have no DoTs up, it will keep them rooted for 5 sec. You can basically get two Deliverances off at that time and your cooldowns should be re-setting at that time. I generally like to time it about mid fight to 30% just so I can get my HP back up and get some seperation right as they're about to pop all their defensive cooldowns.

What build you use for duels with melee? Any video?

Also - what can we do with good commando/merc healers?

What build you use for duels with melee? Any video?

Also - what can we do with good commando/merc healers?

Go afk against a good commando/merc healer. Seriously don't waste your time, you won't kill them. We simply don't have the burst, and even if we interrupt they'll just keep going. That doesn't go to say I haven't killed good ones. But it was only because they were willing to fight and stick around. If they don't wanna attack you and just heal and run, you won't kill them within reasonable time.

Balance is probably the best build if you're just talking 1v1 vs melee. 2s imob with 9s cd is so letal _-

Go afk against a good commando/merc healer. Seriously don't waste your time, you won't kill them. We simply don't have the burst, and even if we interrupt they'll just keep going. That doesn't go to say I haven't killed good ones. But it was only because they were willing to fight and stick around. If they don't wanna attack you and just heal and run, you won't kill them within reasonable time.

Balance is probably the best build if you're just talking 1v1 vs melee. 2s imob with 9s cd is so letal _-

Are you still around?

Need some tips agains BM geared 31/0/10 shadows...

Whats your battle plan against good guardians? I fill that I'm doing something wrong.

What do you think about dps sage future in rated WZs?

Are you still around?

Need some tips agains BM geared 31/0/10 shadows...

Whats your battle plan against good guardians? I fill that I'm doing something wrong.

What do you think about dps sage future in rated WZs?

Yes I'm still around.

I'm assuming you are refering to kenetic spec then.

Your question is rather generalistic, since I don't know your build.

Still I will try to answer:

Overall, I find playing against a kenetic shadow rather easy since the surge nerf. Their damage is quite predictable. Basically if you're a hybrid you need to make sure to have him perma slowed, and put quite a bit of pressure on him early on. It's really important to make him waste cooldowns DEFENSIVELY. If you can pressure him into using his LOL-IMMUNE while you're ahead, you've got a sure win.

Reason is easy: after this you can stun him, and cast a heal, he will certainly break (9/10 do so). Then forcelift and you get a few more free heals off. After this process, you're quite higher then him in hp and he has lost his cooldowns. Keep him dotted at all times now. If he vanishes out, you need to predict where he's going to land.

Some small stuff to watch for is to a) cleanse his slow ALWAYS b) don't try to interrupt his telekenetic throw. You're wasting a gcd and it's uninterruptable for kenetics

Guardians. Good Guardians.. They are a rare breed. But when they are good they are damn good. I roflstomp 99% of all guardians (i assume you mean juggs). There is this 1% of them which I struggle with too.

Vs guardians you have several golden rules:

a) blow his cooldowns fast. You can do this by popping yours fast. (im talking force potency, relic, the whole shabam). You initiate w slow, then pop your damage, and take a big chunk off his hp.

b) be CAREFUL what you "trinket". If you break the wrong cc you're gonna regret it really hard. You need to look at the skillset of the guardian and be aware of his cooldowns AND ranges.

c) if you have hard cc which relies on mezz, don't cast dots midfight at all. You wanna save all your cc for when he uses his cooldowns, to get back up in health, and because you really can't do **** for damage. Don't do damage for 6s and his little shield is gone. If you have dots on then, he will a) have the shield for 30s, b) break your cc without consequence

Important:

you'll know the range of his leap and his cooldown. This means you can effecitvely kite him out of MELEE range AND Leap range. This will frustrate the living hell out of any guardian.

If he's a good player, he will try to bring you to the defensive too (all good players know that creating alot of pressure makes most opponents start panicking and screwing up). You

should anticipate this. Watch what cooldowns he blows early. Is he trying to end it quickly? No problem. Just reset the fight. In this it's important to bait his leap and his CC-breaker combined with keeping your target slow at all time. A slow + CC breaker used + sprint is a guaranteed free pass.

When you're using this free pass, be smart. Find a GOOD los object. Don't start healing mid terrain or something, because he'll catch up quickly, and he'll finish you. You need to make him work to catch up. By the time he reaches you, you're cooldowns will be fresh and ready to burn him down.

As a healing spec lvl 49 sage what is your opinion on a 31/9/1, http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600GGMRbdbdGzZf0MMZ0z.1. I enjoy the healing role in FP and PVP but I was curious about the build post 50. This basically trades 3% willpower for 6 more seconds of weaken mind; force power is not an issue for me due to the noble sacrifice.

Thanks!

6s more weaken mind is quite dumb as a seer. You don't really need the extra duration, dot prevent cap is getting nerfed, you might break CC from your allies by spamming it everywhere, and you're losing precious willpower.

Seer healer in pvp with the right support system is the best you have in pvp. While commando/mercanary healing imo is WAY stronger to survive, as a seer you can do a beter job of keeping multiple targets alive. The prerequisite is that you get some help from your team, because you will be zerged all the time.

some ppl resist my attacks (in pvp), can i do something about it ?

i've played healer a bit in pvp, and without a tank guarding me i die really fast, when focused. so i played a bit with skill calc and got this build 27/12/2. any thoughts on it ?

About resists, they happen to me too at times, allthough technically it shouldn't happen. Ofcourse if you're talking about the shadow ability which grants 100% immunity to force/tech damage, my suggestion is to either run during that time or use it to get a quick heal off. I'll always mock these idiot players who try to dps a shadow down during that cd -_-

Hmm about your build, it's actually quite interesting -_- The only problem is that your weaken mind focused spells are directly counterproductive to your foce wake, and you're giving up salvation to do it. But... If you play it smart, I can see this working in pvp, why not. You'll be really hard to kill, that's for sure.

Hmm, i get resists when dots thick, or sometimes a spell. If i have 3 dots on a player, and they all thick, sometimes a thick is resisted.

Well, first of all i had to put points on skills that boost weaken mind because i had to get to the next tier, and there were no other skills that could help me.

Second of all, i use weaken mind on melee only if there is just one on me.

Third, i use weaken mind on all ranged classes so i can get the medal for 10/25 kills.

---

Now, a new question for you.

In a few days i will be to able to buy/change the gear and mods that i need for end game. (i focus only on pvp)

The questions is how should my stats look ? for seer and full balance spec.

How much crit, how much surge, how much power should i have ?