The reason Sorcerer/Sage CC is OP in PvP

Tumri

They also excel in CC and mobility. The problem is they excel at way more things than any other classes. And no, they do NOT have poor survivability with bubble. Over a short fight they can end up casting 1-2 bubbles ontop of a pre-casted bubble, that's 7-10.5k damage that is blocked. Please tell me another class that can negate that much damage, aside from Marauder's Undying rage, if you decide not to CC them.

The hybrid spec for Sorcerers have mobility, survivability, moderate damage, the most CC of any class, and then moderate utility/healing. They're the best CC class, mixed with being 90% as good at just about everything else.

If you want to be a tank as a juggernaut, you have to sacrifice a lot of damage, etc. With the Hybrid spec Sorcerers really don't sacrifice much in PvP. It's not uncommon for a Sorcerer to get 400k+ damage and then 200k+ healing and 100+ protection in one match.

Are Sorcerer healers OP? No. A pure DPS build? No. The hybrid spec is what needs to be nerfed.

read the bold part. then stop posting as your are a complete tool.. a sorc.. with protection medals.. you are 100% clueless and its ppl like you who ruin gaming with your qq when you clearly have no clue what the **** you are talking about

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

read the bold part. then stop posting as your are a complete tool.. a sorc.. with protection medals.. you are 100% clueless and its ppl like you who ruin gaming with your qq when you clearly have no clue what the **** you are talking about

You are aware that bubbling people gives protection? It has a 4.5 second cooldown and you can spam your entire team with it.

Edited by savionen

Sorc/Sage is not op, learn the game you incompetent *****.

QQ more, the balance is balance. It's your problem if you fail to understand it.

If you spent the time you wasted on writing this pathetic 100000th copy of "HURRDURR SORC IS OP BECAUSE IT RUNS AWAY WHEN I WANT TO KILL IT" you would have gotten a lot better, considering the fact that you are so bad, you're still QQing about them.

*********** loser, get a life. Nothing is more pathetic than playing a game you don't even enjoy. Or in your case, don't even understand.

I'd like to know the official rational for why this one particular ranged dps class needs a sprint over all the other ranged dps classes; or even better, over all the melee classes.

A class that can slow, stun, heal and sprint is ridiculous in a pvp setting unless everyone can do those things or their dps is non-existent.

Just pull the sprint ability. There isn't any excuse for why a sorc should have it in the first place.

your clearly not aware that the bubble counts as a heal. NOT protection. again my above post still stands

I stand corrected. Not going to argue otherwise. Thought it counted as protection. Doesn't really change anything else, though.

Still not another class that can be a ball carrier in Huttball and still get 400k damage and 200k healing in the same game commonly.

Edited by savionen

I'd like to know the official rational for why this one particular ranged dps class needs a sprint over all the other ranged dps classes; or even better, over all the melee classes.

A class that can slow, stun, heal and sprint is ridiculous in a pvp setting unless everyone can do those things or their dps is non-existent.

Just pull the sprint ability. There isn't any excuse for why a sorc should have it in the first place.

Assassins/Shadow also have sprint fyi.

assassins have sprint. and sprint is a sorcs only escape mechanism, which is easily prevented by anyone with a brain. "all other ranged classes" also do a shed load more burst damage than sorcs do.

again you show how clueless the general forum populace is. failure to understand basic class mechanics of the class your qqing to be nerfed. if BioWare make the same stupid error blizzard make which is bowing to forum qq this game will deteriorate very quickly.

You are aware that bubbling people gives protection? It has a 4.5 second cooldown and you can spam your entire team with it.

I'll second what Tsubodia said - please stop talking about things you have no clue about. Bubble counts as heals, not protection. The only "sorcs" that get protection points are assassins.

I stand corrected. Not going to argue otherwise. Thought it counted as protection. Doesn't really change anything else, though.

Still not another class that can be a ball carrier in Huttball and still get 400k damage and 200k healing in the same game commonly.

anyone that has a sorc as ball carrier is doing it wrong.. anyone allowing a sorc as ball carrier to score is really really bad. Unless said sorc has guard plus a healer up his *** but even still then your up **** creak regardless who has the ball

Assassins/Shadow also have sprint fyi.

Warrior/Knights have a leap and a sprint buff that lasts Longer than that sprint too.

So do Marauder/sentinels.

The move buff after dirty kick is ALSO twice what force sprint is...

Oh and BH/Troopers have specs with increased sprints that are downright lengthy too....

Warrior/Knights have a leap and a sprint buff that lasts Longer than that sprint too.

Oh and BH/Troopers have specs with increased sprints that are downright lengthy too....

Uh, I don't know if you read the OP, but logic is not allowed in this thread.

Again, it's unknown to many of you but the CC in TK, is mainly because people complained about it on the healing Sorc/Sages and they moved it.

All they have to do is move it back to the healing tree and give the healing players a bit more survability. You guys would still ***** thought... so it doesn't matter.

What sprint buff?

Knight/Warrior can get +40% runspeed for like 4 seconds, other than that just leap. The Scoundrel one is like 35-40%, too.... Force Run is 250% Runspeed for 2 seconds, that's a lot more distance than 135% runspeed for 4 seconds.

Transcendence/Predation is Marauder/Sentinel.

My minor contribution to the thread: while I believe some aspects of Sorceror should be nerfed, though certain things should be given back. One possible way to do it is nerf the lesser tier talents and buff the higher tier talents to prevent these overpowering hybrids. Just a thought, though. Going to leave as hostility has reached critical mass. Edited by ThadasAndarys

What sprint buff?

Knight/Warrior can get +40% runspeed for like 4 seconds, other than that just leap. The Scoundrel one is like 35-40%, too.... Force Run is 250% Runspeed for 2 seconds, that's a lot more distance than 135% runspeed for 4 seconds.

Transcendence/Predation is Marauder/Sentinel.

Force Speed

Instant

Cooldown: 30s

Increases movement speed by 150% for 2 seconds. Does not break Stealth.

why do you keep posting crap? seriously? stop already your making yourself look really stupid

the warrior version btw..

Predation

Instant

Cooldown: 1.5s

Requires and converts 30 stacks of Fury to issue Predation to you and your party, increasing movement speed by 50% and melee and ranged defense by 10%. Lasts 10 seconds.

Edited by Tsubodia

Force Speed

Instant

Cooldown: 30s

Increases movement speed by 150% for 2 seconds. Does not break Stealth.

why do you keep posting crap? seriously? stop already your making yourself look really stupid

That's not Knights or Warriors.

Force run gives you a total of 250% runspeed, because it's +150% runspeed. For 2 seconds.

The Dirty Kick buff gives +30% speed, so 130% runspeed for 4 seconds.

The Knight/Warrior one is +40% speed, so 140% speed for 5 seconds.

Edited by savionen

re read your own post

I was responding to Lugh, who said that Warriors/Knights have a longer sprint buff than Force Run.

The Warrior/Knight "sprint buff" is 40% runspeed for 5 seconds.

Seems like you don't know classes?

Juggernaut/Guardian doesn't get Predation/Transcendance, it's only Marauder/Sentinel, and I mentioned those.

Therefore saying "Warrior/Knight" doesn't refer to both of them. Lugh also mentioned Dirty Kick.

Edited by savionen

I was responding to Lugh, who said that Warriors/Knights have a longer sprint buff than Force Run.

The Warrior/Knight "sprint buff" is 40% runspeed for 5 seconds.

true but it lasts longer AND is party wide. anyone underestimating this talent really needs to go test it a bit more. 1 person running away at speed vs a whole group moving away at speed.. wonder which i would rather have in my arsenal

Which is longer than the Sorcerer sprint. as 5>2

And who cares if it's longer duration?

250% runspeed for 2 seconds, and then running at 100% for 3 seconds is a longer distance than 5 seconds of 140% runspeed, and much faster to get from Point A to Point B.

I'm not even sure what you guys are trying to argue.

Edited by savionen