STAR WARS™: The Old Republic™ Asia Pacific Launch

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wouldnt you just roll a toon on a aussie server to see if its gonna be any good for you?

That could be an option, but issues while you level are not as problematic as they are at say operational or end-game pvp level.

But you are right, WAR had chronic issues even for levelling, so you could detect total stink with a new character.

I wonder what would happen if i tried to move characters over when i had characters there, because I have a full set on the US server. I also have characters on a few servers, how would it decide what you can move and where?

It's more like the party is stale and we want to go to a nightclub to raise the bar a bit. Will meet tonnes of other people there who also feel the same.

Don't be so ungrateful, it's not often we even get servers where we can play the game properly like our US counterparts. Playing with a ping under 100 against other people of the same ping is a completely different experience in mmos compared to playing against below 100 pingers at 200+ ping, one that I will gladly welcome.

Good riddance to lag teleports.

^^this, low ping pvp is gonna be awesome

If you are an Oceanic/Asian Pacific based fan off MMO's you should strongly consider supporting BW on this, if we don't transfer over then we will have nobody to blame but each other if we have to go for another 10 years without local servers (of any game, existing or future). Even if you are an uber fan of a certain other MMO you should be able to realise that making the Oceanic/Asian Pacific servers a success can only send a message to the gaming business community that regional servers are a viable way of attracting and retaining a strong customer base.

I like MMO's and play 3 on a regular basis, however, give me a game server in my region with decent latency and I will support it over all others in the hope that regional servers will become a standard that is taken up by all gaming developers.

Also if you don't think that IT infrastructure between Asia and Australia will not be improving then you need to think again, Australia's top 10 2 way trading partners are:

China

Japan

United States

Republic of Korea

Singapore

United Kingdom

New Zealand

India

Thailand

Malaysia

most of which are clearly Asian, business interests will drive improved connectivity alone.

Also google the National Broadband Network (NBN) to see what is currently being rolled out here in Australia, if you believe that Australia has a low quality IT backbone network, as the NBN will be the equal of any national network anywhere in the world.

Also if you don't think that IT infrastructure between Asia and Australia will not be improving then you need to think again, Australia's top 10 2 way trading partners are:

China

Japan

United States

Republic of Korea

Singapore

United Kingdom

New Zealand

India

Thailand

Malaysia

most of which are clearly Asian, business interests will drive improved connectivity alone.

How the heck the miss the other Asian countries listed above? hehehehe.

Malaysia should get a nuclear programme running, that way, we wouldn't be ignored.

If you've been following Stephen Reids twitter account, you would know there had been significant news announced!

Such as they will be using AEDST for the server maitenance times!

lol... u made me go read twitter stuff :mad:

they will ANNOUNCE maintenance times in AEST... maintenance will still be done during AEST prime-time

nothing to see here, keep moving along people

Edited by Senteint

I really would like some details. How many servers? A list would be ideal. Are transfers server-based or character-based? Does legacy transfer? Will transfers be available immediately? What will happen in the case of name conflicts?

In the Australian launch FAQ page it says players who qualified for the free transfer of their toon/s will receive an email notification in early March. So, it could be up to 10 days after launch that you will find out that if one can transfer or so. Pretty lame to leave it until after launch to notify us imho.

Bioware either doesnt know how its going to work (which would be concerting considering how close to release) or they are simply NOT listening.

I saw confirmation that US/EU server transfer will be allowed for others outside AU but no ETA on when this feature will be available, but its been asked many many times in this thread about:

- Legacy points and whats happening with them.

- Server names / types

- Window of transfer (time allowed)

- How many chars we can transfer

They really took a huge step forward in announcing AU servers and got some great brownie points with the local community, but has turned into a farce since then.

I know all the Aussies in my guild will not transfer now as they cannot play with their friends and as far as they can see their Legacy levels will not move across. Re-rolling is not an interest to our group after spending last 2 months getting some top chars created.

Personally I will create one new character on the servers to see the performance and population levels but other than that seems I will be sticking with my EU friends.

SERIOUSLY BIOWARE ... HOW HARD IS IT TO GIVE US A RESPONSE !!!

Your engagement into the community is extremely poor and this sort of customer service will not wash with Aussie players - we demand better!

So are the servers going to be up after today's patch? I'm wondering how they add an Australasia tab down the bottom of the server select page.

That would require a patch for everyone right?

The sticky says there is no new patch going live tonight.

Depends how they wrote the server selection window, I guess. If they were smart, it's not hardcoded and they can add or remove tabs without having to patch clients.

Edited by Aurojiin

The sticky says there is no new patch going live tonight.

Depends how they wrote the server selection window, I guess. If they were smart, it's not hardcoded and they can add or remove tabs without having to patch clients.

I'm guessing the tab will be added with the patch tonight.

And it will either be blank of have the list of servers all down

Hoping for the later!