STAR WARS™: The Old Republic™ Asia Pacific Launch

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off i'd like to say "that for the US release to be doing sooo well"the last time i checked 90% of the US servers are Light and made the game pointless to play after 50 because pvp que times are horrible (if you possibly get lucky and get into a match) and Good luck finding a party to run Hardmodes/Raids.The population of the game has declined drastically in the past month.Bioware isnt fixing alot of the issues on the US servers(just sweeping it under the rug and hoping it will work itself out)People are getting very tired of good changes not coming like Server merges,Fixing and adjusting bug issues,making the Galactic Trade market more user friendly.So it seems Bioware is just working on releasing in other countries instead of fixing the issues on The original release.So i guess it does make sense that no issues are being resolved here in the US because they are trying to expand a glitched,non buffered version of the game that is obviously non enjoyable for alot of people already who have quit and left the game.I've noticed a dramatic decrease in people playing the game on US servers.Started out Heavy and Full Servers to Mostly Light and Very few Standard.If i were Bioware it would be a no-brainer that the game is not sufficiant enough to expand to other regions yet.I would say over the population of all the US servers probably 60% of the people that started on release in the US have quit the game for issues not being adjusted and fixed correctly.So until all the issues are correctly fixed i suggest Bioware implement free Server Transfers for the patient people who stay through the bad times and really give more effort in fixing the current US problems.The game has Potential, just Bioware needs to earn their money and do something about the Crash in population on US servers and implement Free Server Transfers.At least till they make the game more user friendly to where people dont want to quit,Thank You

First off i'd like to say "that for the US release to be doing sooo well"the last time i checked 90% of the US servers are Light and made the game pointless to play after 50 because pvp que times are horrible (if you possibly get lucky and get into a match) and Good luck finding a party to run Hardmodes/Raids.The population of the game has declined drastically in the past month.Bioware isnt fixing alot of the issues on the US servers(just sweeping it under the rug and hoping it will work itself out)People are getting very tired of good changes not coming like Server merges,Fixing and adjusting bug issues,making the Galactic Trade market more user friendly.So it seems Bioware is just working on releasing in other countries instead of fixing the issues on The original release.So i guess it does make sense that no issues are being resolved here in the US because they are trying to expand a glitched,non buffered version of the game that is obviously non enjoyable for alot of people already who have quit and left the game.I've noticed a dramatic decrease in people playing the game on US servers.Started out Heavy and Full Servers to Mostly Light and Very few Standard.If i were Bioware it would be a no-brainer that the game is not sufficiant enough to expand to other regions yet.I would say over the population of all the US servers probably 60% of the people that started on release in the US have quit the game for issues not being adjusted and fixed correctly.So until all the issues are correctly fixed i suggest Bioware implement free Server Transfers for the patient people who stay through the bad times and really give more effort in fixing the current US problems.The game has Potential, just Bioware needs to earn their money and do something about the Crash in population on US servers and implement Free Server Transfers.At least till they make the game more user friendly to where people dont want to quit,Thank You

Although living in Aussie I could not agree more. This post puts the finger right where it hurts. I do not understand them anymore. And don't get me started on the NON-EXISTENT customer service. Bah :/ THUMBS DOWN!

I just want to know if we can get the delux/collectors editions here in Australia aswell.

Apparently no physical CE - which is just plain ********.

Also no guild transfers - so our 30% US/EU members are screwed if we move.

Also maintenance will still be prime time evening even if servers are located here.

Who runs this crazy company??

Will there be an RP server?

hmmm...being it a "roleplaying game" I think so :p

It's really sad that people have gotten away from roleplaying in mmorpg's so much that companies have to put "roleplaying" servers that you "roleplay" on in an already online "roleplaying" game. lol

BioWare and LucasArts are excited to announce that Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ will officially launch in Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong and Singapore on March 1st, 2012! Fans in these regions who purchase the game will be able to experience their very own Star Wars™ saga on regional servers. Players who have already begun their journey will also have a limited-time opportunity to migrate their characters from their current servers to Asia Pacific servers after the launch on March 1st, giving them the chance to take advantage of the decreased network latency by playing on a regional server. All players who qualify for a character transfer will be notified in early March with more details.

Hi, i'm living in new caledonia, french island in the south pacific near australia and new zealand: will i be able to migrate to those oceanic servers, and will it be available for free?

Bioware needs to have a separate physical server either in Hong Kong or Singapore because the latency from playing in Australian server is much worse than playing in an American Server.

The SG/HK veterans who are playing in the american servers will most likely stay while the newcomers will quit at endgame because having 300-400ms will give you a huge disadvantage in PVP and PVE as I already find it slightly difficult with 200ms playing in American servers.

I sincerely hope that the moderators will read this and give a proper feedback to those in charge.

Edited by donetello

God I really hope the Australian guilds on our server The Harbinger dont leave! They are a huge part of our servers population and success. If they leave we would automatically become one of the lowest populated servers.

I'd like to thank Bio for really messing this up, you created our server assigned our guild there we wait through the month of horrendous queue times and now you are going to take half our server away. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

To our Australian friends I hope you dont leave, but I understand it's hard to pass up a server in your own country(less lag).

God I really hope the Australian guilds on our server The Harbinger dont leave! They are a huge part of our servers population and success. If they leave we would automatically become one of the lowest populated servers.

I'd like to thank Bio for really messing this up, you created our server assigned our guild there we wait through the month of horrendous queue times and now you are going to take half our server away. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

To our Australian friends I hope you dont leave, but I understand it's hard to pass up a server in your own country(less lag).

They need to really have free transfers for the two unofficial oceanic servers:

The Swiftsure

and

The harbringer

Both those servers are about 60% oceanic players.... if they leave they will probably be dead servers unless everyone is allowed a transfer option or if mergers are indeed on the way.

Will those of us who own the game be able to log onto these servers as soon as they are up? I realize that transfers will be coming later but I would like to be able to log on and reserve my character names. If I can't get my names on any Oceanic servers I likely won't transfer.

As per the FAQ

http://www.swtor.com/info/faq/game#q400115

and also quoted earlier in this thread:

I already have an active Star Wars: The Old Republic account; can I play on the Asia Pacific servers?

All active accounts will have the ability to create new characters on the Asia Pacific servers.

Round-trip delay from Singapore to Melbourne goes via Perth for Singapore (if not Asia).

This means that that server latency from Singapore/HK to Melbourne is the SAME (~200ms) as it is to the US West Coast.

Needless to say, I hope people in Singapore/HK do traceroutes to the new server IPs before they transfer their characters.

True that. Sometimes connecting to oceanic servers, I get even worse ping like 300-400ms+. At least while connecting to US servers I can get stable 200ms ping and if I'm lucky sometimes even 180-190ms.

My suggestion is if you are happy on your current server, just stay there and be happy :)

Why take a chance?

cause im over americans and there pings cant wait to move i would even reroll if i had too..

Edited by Wikileeks

Just wondering, what type of server people play on currently from Australia / Oceanic areas - trying to determine which would be the best server type to transfer to when given the option. I play on a RP-PvP server at the moment just wondering how many Australians would actually also go for that type of server?

This is good news, looking forward to seeing some buddies online that opted out of purchasing the digital copy and decided to wait for the official Australian release date.

Not going to compare to other MMO's or complain about what should be done, and what should be expected, transfers and server locations etc, I am sure the developers have taken all this into consideration and I am looking forward to the progression of the game even if there is a few bugs to iron out. All good. :cool:.. The glass is always half full :p

its getting better every week ;) awesome game.

there will be a separate launch for china and korea according to various reports.

yea north korea version will have all jedi removed ;P

This is the 2nd time EA/Mythic have placed a server in Australia. Warhammer Online anyone?

The servers where in Sydney, but they moved them to Singapore to save money. The singapore servers had as much latency as the American servers AND the hardware was so crap the server stuttered once every 4 seconds.

I remember the night the community did a mass exodus and rerolled on the American servers leaving the Singapore servers a ghost town.

Player beware, they are setting this up so that you are locked into the region.

If they screw us over we will be forced to play on dodgy servers with the same lat as the American servers.

Another point. What is with the inflated pricing? It is cheaper to buy an American copy and mail to Australia then buying the listed prices. Way to gouge your customers EA, you guy are totally awesome.

i played on local servers but they went back to usa ,,i never heard anything about the servers being in singapore we had to tranfere back to us servers!

Edited by Wikileeks

Has anyone checked recent ping times throughout Asia?

I deal with international communications in Asia and they are always adding new routes to increase this kind of thing for business.

Also, developers don't set up new servers, and nothing new is being added to the game except an AP tab in server selection. So this will not affect the speed at which current bugs are fixed and new content is added.

i dont agree with you at all things are getting fixed all the time the game gets better ever week PLUS this game launch has been alot better than some other big name mmos i will not mention , you remind me of those people who join a warzone and see we losing and leave ,but we come back and won too bad you allready left!