STAR WARS™: The Old Republic™ Asia Pacific Launch

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And please don't base the server at Australia, we Asians are having a hard time playing as it is. having servers at both countries (Singapore + Australia) would be much appreciated...

by all means put it in Australia, just put it in the right place, east coast is not the right place. has anyone done straight speed tests to the Perth servers from Singapore ?

also i am stabbing in the dark but i would say the servers will be hosted by bigpond.

by all means put it in Australia, just put it in the right place, east coast is not the right place. has anyone done straight speed tests to the Perth servers from Singapore ?

also i am stabbing in the dark but i would say the servers will be hosted by bigpond.

This would be a good compromise. Using SpeedTest I get 190ms connecting to Perth instead of the 270+ to Sydney. Not as good as US West Coast (150-160ms), but it's decent.

Singapore is not the only country that needs to play the game online.

Singapore has a great internet connection and it can get a decent ping even to US

but for Malaysia/Thailand/Burma/India/Pakistan ?

They need to think for every country instead of just one country that is Australia....

I'm playing from NZ.

1: Having an NZ server will be a bad idea. We have 4 million people, the servers will be crap.

2: I (obviously) imported my copy, and missed my chance for the colour pack. :/

Just saying, the servers will be crap dead, and I won't be migrating.

...I say that, and probably will anyway.

*Edit*

Also will have servers full of Japanese/Filipino/Asian chat, compared to the lack of English that I've experienced before.

Edited by Dickens

Hi there Joaby! Just wanted to let you know that the servers will be located in Australia.

It is common knowledge they will be in Australia, even I understood what he was asking.

When he asked "exactly", he meant, exactly.

Edited by SirSlayAlot

I'm playing from NZ.

1: Having an NZ server will be a bad idea. We have 4 million people, the servers will be crap.

2: I (obviously) imported my copy, and missed my chance for the colour pack. :/

Just saying, the servers will be crap dead, and I won't be migrating.

...I say that, and probably will anyway.

*Edit*

Also will have servers full of Japanese/Filipino/Asian chat, compared to the lack of English that I've experienced before.

Ya , that would be a big problem

I hate reading chinese/***/Flipino chat on the screen

If they can they should make it English Only Game!!

Ya , that would be a big problem

I hate reading chinese/***/Flipino chat on the screen

If they can they should make it English Only Game!!

you can't type unicode into the chatbox though, so no, you won't be seeing Chinese/Japanese.

Edited by Wesgile

you can't type unicode into the chatbox though, so no, you won't be seeing Chinese/Japanese.

They will come up with a way to get it in the game, and others will type in roman-chinese

I think everyone should type in English it is better for everyone as everyone can understand the language.

They will come up with a way to get it in the game, and others will type in roman-chinese

I think everyone should type in English it is better for everyone as everyone can understand the language.

Everybody understands English... you clearly have never traveled or had an education have you?

I live in Hawaii, and due to my late play times, I've played with Australians for the passed 3 years on WoW, and moved to Harbringer on SWTOR because it was an unofficial oceanic server, as well as have friends on this server from Australia that came with me from WoW.

I'm a little disappointed that I will not be qualifying for the server transfer when I invested two months into the game, nearly three when the server transfers hit and I'm not allowed to move with my friends unless I start over.

Hopefully, BioWare, you will allow at least paid transfers for unqualified players, because that just plain sucks for those of us who are going to be left behind on a server we originally rolled on for reasons that will no longer be there come March.

I played DCU Online for a bit, and most of the time the chat was "BR????". I don't care who plays the game, it's just the issue of a wall of whateverlanguageitis.

An Aussie server will be flooded with all the nearby asian countries.

My .. reception bar.. thingy, latency or whatever, is usually 3 bars on a west coast server, so depending on how many players join the Aus servers, I might swap.. Plus, I'm usually gaming around the time of 8 people being on whatever planet.. Lol.

Any chance there'll be a thread about player numbers on each server?

This is one big "in your face" move to Blizzard.

When this is truly live, I for one.. will tell all my real-life friends from WoW to just play SWTOR, because they do CARE and LISTEN to oceanic gamers. Now after years of waiting, finally we can play on equal ground, even its a totally different game.

I'm European,but i live in Japan,and i have my main character in an European server,one of the problems is that my guildmates do raids at 20:30,which is 4:30 a.m where i live,and honestely i can't play every time with these crazy hour times,so an Oceanic server is an awesome news!

Thank you BIOWARE,well done.

Edited by Marshal_Ney