10 Great Reasons to Leave a Warzone

Zaodon

1. Alt-F4 will give you debuff.

2. Alt-F4 will give you debuff. You have a bad connection? Sorry, that's too bad.

3. Yes, if you are afk or are not contributing in any way in TEAM game, then you should be kicked by a unanimous vote. Logic was not my major, but any mature person should know how to utilize some sort of teamwork in a team game. If EVERYONE in the team believes you are a detriment to the team, then you DESERVE to be kicked

4. Yes, cause PvP team games are ALL about you.

I don't normally use personal attacks on someone (as seen on #4), but when someone does it to me without a base of reason, I can't help by responding in kind.

1. Alt-f4 will not give you a debuff. The debuff (if bioware creates one) will not apply to server disconnects, only selecting "Leave Warzone" in the lower right corner of the screen.

2. Alt-f4 will not give you a debuff. The debuff (if bioware creates one) will not apply to server disconnects, only selecting "Leave Warzone" in the lower right corner of the screen.

3. I want to leave the warzone, and quitting upsets you. So, your solution to preventing me from quitting is kicking me. LOGIC FAIL.

4. Yes, warzone daily quests are INDIVIDUAL quests, NOT team quests. I take the quest myself, it goes into my mission log (and no one elses), and I only get credit if I (not other people) win the 3/9 warzones. You may want to try PvP in SWTOR, its a lot of fun.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay! The idea that even one person actually sees the light after reading and considering both sides of the argument and goes on to realise that a desertion penalty isn't the way forward is something that does warm my heart more than those very, very infrequent wins that you pull back from the brink of defeat.

Because they're even rarer. (But no less welcome).

To be honest, I can't believe the length of time this same debate (over numerous threads) has gone on for, and will probably continue to go on for.

I'd guess that 9 times out of 10 people who quit are doing so over the daily. It's almost certainly a coincidence (please tell me you notice the sarcasm coming up) that the same people who leave early on in the day suddenly turn into people who stay as the day progresses.

It couldn't possibly be because at some point they've finished their annoying daily and actually feel like then can enjoy PvP for what it is, instead of fighting through it to get their bag for the day, could it?

Another great post!

3. Yes, if you are afk or are not contributing in any way in TEAM game, then you should be kicked by a unanimous vote. Logic was not my major, but any mature person should know how to utilize some sort of teamwork in a team game. If EVERYONE in the team believes you are a detriment to the team, then you DESERVE to be kicked

That's all well and good, but it's far too open to abuse. If someone is simply bad (and not AFK at all) they can still be vote-kicked in the hope of finding a better player. Given the appeal this game has to more casual MMO players and the generally lower quality of play displayed by these player, it is likely that there a larger than normal portion of the players are liable to end up vote-kicked for non-afk reason.

If nothing else, Bioware/EA seem to want everyone to feel they can do everything (the PvE content is certainly easy enough), and giving power to the players (who whether they admit it or not are sometimes pretty elitist) is not going to help them succeed in their goals.

Edited by Tyrias

** 10 Great Reasons to Leave a Warzone **

1. You're trying to complete your dailies, and quickly assess that your team stinks.

2. You join a match in progress, and are a replacement on the team from #1.

3. You notice several AFKers in your match and do not want them to get credit.

4. Your guild is beginning a FP/Op you want to be in on.

5. You're a "young adult" (aka kid) and your parent(s) order you off the computer.

6. You're an "adult" and you get spouse agro.

7. Your client is bugged forcing a restart (gfx glitch, lost mouse pointer, auto-run is on and you can't turn it off, etc.)

8. The exit door bugs, trapping you in the spawn area, and you don't want to end up on Fleet due to Deserter debuff, so you leave and end up on your planet of origin.

9. The other team exploits in some way (actual hack, or just the >8 exploit, etc.)

10. Because you feel like it.

I know there are many more great reasons to leave a warzone, so feel free to post your own!

Well put. To remedy #1 see the how to fix leavers post in my sig. Short form, Make quests based on helping your team accomplish obectives in the pvp minigames.

1. You're trying to complete your dailies, and quickly assess that your team stinks.

5. You're a "young adult" (aka kid) and your parent(s) order you off the computer.

7. Your client is bugged forcing a restart (gfx glitch, lost mouse pointer, auto-run is on and you can't turn it off, etc.)

8. The exit door bugs, trapping you in the spawn area, and you don't want to end up on Fleet due to Deserter debuff, so you leave and end up on your planet of origin.

9. The other team exploits in some way (actual hack, or just the >8 exploit, etc.)

I know there are many more great reasons to leave a warzone, so feel free to post your own!

Replace nr 10 with:

10. Because after 2 min to fleet like you want it while going there in foot take 10m and few loading screens and fleet pass is 18h cooldown.

Edited by DariuszPol

That's all well and good, but it's far too open to abuse. If someone is simply bad (and not AFK at all) they can still be vote-kicked in the hope of finding a better player. Given the appeal this game has to more casual MMO players and the generally lower quality of play displayed by these player, it is unlikely that there won't be a large portion of the players liable to end up vote-kicked for non-afk reason.

If nothing else, Bioware/EA seem to want everyone to feel they can do everything (the PvE content is certainly easy enough), and giving power to the players (who whether they admit it or not are sometimes pretty elitist) is not going to help them succeed in their goals.

Oh, I definitely agree. My hope is that at least some people in the team will be kind enough not to kick someone because they are bad. I believe in the human race where it would be rare for 7 players to votekick if the person being voted is not afk and just playing badly. We all have to learn some time.

I know there will be times where people who actually try will be kicked, but I just don't know of a better way.

Edited by KilmarFyrewynd

Yay! The idea that even one person actually sees the light after reading and considering both sides of the argument and goes on to realise that a desertion penalty isn't the way forward is something that does warm my heart more than those very, very infrequent wins that you pull back from the brink of defeat.

Because they're even rarer. (But no less welcome).

To be honest, I can't believe the length of time this same debate (over numerous threads) has gone on for, and will probably continue to go on for.

I'd guess that 9 times out of 10 people who quit are doing so over the daily. It's almost certainly a coincidence (please tell me you notice the sarcasm coming up) that the same people who leave early on in the day suddenly turn into people who stay as the day progresses.

It couldn't possibly be because at some point they've finished their annoying daily and actually feel like then can enjoy PvP for what it is, instead of fighting through it to get their bag for the day, could it?

Were changing minds!

/win

That's all well and good, but it's far too open to abuse. If someone is simply bad (and not AFK at all) they can still be vote-kicked in the hope of finding a better player. Given the appeal this game has to more casual MMO players and the generally lower quality of play displayed by these player, it is likely that there a larger than normal portion of the players are liable to end up vote-kicked for non-afk reason.

How to abuse vote-kick:

1. 10-49 Warzone: vote kick anyone under level 40

2. anyone from a guild you don't like

3. anyone with no "legacy" name displayed (because they must be a noob)

4. gunslingers/snipers (I know it hurts, guys, just using you as example, I feel for ya)

5. a person who spams the Ops channel with orders which are good orders, but most people find annoying.

6. random people because your whole guild queued and you like to grief people (haha, you can't complete dailies cause we kick you every WZ, neener neener).

Yeah, vote kick will never happen.

Oh, I definitely agree. My hope is that at least some people in the team will be kind enough not to kick someone because they are bad. I believe in the human race where it would be rare for 7 players to votekick if the person being voted is not afk and just playing badly. We all have to learn some time.

I know there will be times where people who actually try will be kicked, but I just don't know of a better way.

I would LOVE to agree with you. Sadly, I've turned into a bit of a cynic... and I'd generally attribute it to playing PvP in MMO's :p

But really, if people weren't out for themselves so much, there wouldn't be so much speed-hacking, so many group-size exploiters, and for that matter, so many people who chose to leave when they can see that a game is neither going to be fun nor productive "for them", irrespective of the other players. I'd even hold my hand up and say that until I get my daily done, I sometimes leave if I can see an extreme imbalance, like when it's going to be close to a 0:600 Alderaan, or 5:0 in hutball in the first few minutes, and then the other team just starts farming for the remaining time. After I get my daily done, I stay no matter what.

It is a sad truth, but a truth none the less that as a games designer, you can't fix people. You just have to try and work around them and find that fine-line between funneling people into doing things one specific way to the point that it isn't fun, and that of giving them too much scope to mess things up, because you know they will take any advantage they can get.

Edited by Tyrias

Excuses are like butts, everyone has one and they all stink.

As far as I'm concerned BioWare should implement at least an hour lock out on you quitters and you should get a quitter title over your head for the duration. You waste everyone else in the war zones time by making their matches impossible to win and you should be penalized for it.

I would be all for this if they allowed us to Vote kick a player.

Why should a group of people be penalized because someone on their team AFK's the entire match?

Excuses are like butts, everyone has one and they all stink.

As far as I'm concerned BioWare should implement at least an hour lock out on you quitters and you should get a quitter title over your head for the duration. You waste everyone else in the war zones time by making their matches impossible to win and you should be penalized for it.

only if you get a title over your head that says Warzone fail for wasting my time and doing something other than actually trying to win the warzone. YOU should be penalized!

Were changing minds!

/win

No you're not. You're just convincing people that their selfish actions are justified.

Many false ideas were made popular in this fashion, by appealing to people's baser natures.

The reality is people NEED to be more considerate of the other players in Warzones and not so selfish that they just quit at will to min/max their experience at the cost of others.

And if people are not prevented from acting in that way, or discouraged, they won't stop. Of that I'm convinced...and frankly that's what this thread does more than anything. It convinces me that those quitters out there are incapable of making mature responsible gameplay decisions, so the NEED for a lockout is even more imperative.

Do it BW, stop rewarding quitters. The gameplay experience will be better for all.

Nobody cares what your reasons are for being a fool.

Nobody cares about your dailies

Nobody cares if you think quitting a game keeps people who are already AFK in said game will not get credit. They will definitely get credit ... but you won't because you left

Nobody cares if you think that you can judge talent based on 1 warzone performance while you're the one giving up before it is even over.

Nobody cares if you're bugged. The game is less than 3 months old and has glitches. Go figure

Nobody cares if you think the other team is hacking or exploiting. Report them using the in-game system while you're there and can take screenshots and make videos and get their names and whatever. Leaving doesn't help this issue.

Nobody cares if you quit just because somebody else quit.

Nobody cares if your PvE guild is calling you. Why signup for a 15minute warzone knowing your guild is preparing for a Raid/Operation? and why cant they just wait?

Nobody cares what reasons you have for leaving. You're scum and you make stuff up to justify the fact that you can't stand losing. Lose like man or get locked out for 30minutes.

Seriously, if you don't have 15minutes to settle down at your computer and see a match through from beginning to end why the hell are you signing up in the first place?

If you're trying to get champion bags from completing your daily / weekly missions don't you know that you can save up 800warzone commendations (from wins and losses) and buy a champion bag?

If you leave a warzone or go afk in a wrzone you deserve to be punished for it. I don't care how justified you make it sound.