10 Great Reasons to Leave a Warzone

Zaodon

Level 50 warzones need to add more incentive to play even if you are losing. The valor from Warzones are not enough to keep you in. Either is the amount of commendations for playing going to keep you playing (800 coms for 1 bag sucks compared to 3 wins and a bag).

I say:

Add a deserter debuff.

Add a 2nd deserter offense (within 3 hours) of minus 500 valor.

Give more Commendation and valor per medal. (rewards you for doing well even if you lose)

Make the Daily quest be 3 wins or 15 warzones played. (just in case you get suck teams over and over)

This would prevent people from leaving and would still reward you if you do WELL in the warzone.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

all above is fine as long as they implement like a 15min cooldown if u leave, cus seriously... the one with leaving cus of losing is lame, its a part of it, and if they gave us a way to report afkers like in wow or something we could probably get rid of most the afkers

Why? Considering you can be backloaded into a losing wz, that is getting major bailout is it fair to assess a penalty on the guy for leaving when he says "**** this." I don't think so, easiest solution, people need to stop being bad and not give people a reason to bail.

All these "fixes" only cater to baddies keeping good players around to carry them. Its not rated, it doesn't need a deserter buff.

** 10 Great Reasons to Leave a Warzone **

1. You're trying to complete your dailies, and quickly assess that your team stinks.

2. You join a match in progress, and are a replacement on the team from #1.

3. You notice several AFKers in your match and do not want them to get credit.

4. Your guild is beginning a FP/Op you want to be in on.

5. You're a "young adult" (aka kid) and your parent(s) order you off the computer.

6. You're an "adult" and you get spouse agro.

7. Your client is bugged forcing a restart (gfx glitch, lost mouse pointer, auto-run is on and you can't turn it off, etc.)

8. The exit door bugs, trapping you in the spawn area, and you don't want to end up on Fleet due to Deserter debuff, so you leave and end up on your planet of origin.

9. The other team exploits in some way (actual hack, or just the >8 exploit, etc.)

10. Because you feel like it.

I know there are many more great reasons to leave a warzone, so feel free to post your own!

Coming back to this to add

1. You CTD/BSOD and the game isn't smart enough to put you back in the WZ when you log back in a minute later

2. A friend with limited playing time logs in and you want to re-queue with them

3. You realize that your food is burning or soon going to burn

4. Delivery guy at the door

5. Important Phone Call

6. Work aggro

7. You get DC'd and the game isn't smart enough to put you back in the WZ when you reconnect a minute later

8. Your Virus Scan kicks in and you are super lagged

9. Although you're pretty sure you told it not to, Windows reboots itself to complete an update

10. You thought it was a great idea to get your beers cold faster by putting them in the freezer section of the beverage fridge next to your desk, just for a little bit, but you forgot about it and now they have exploded and are leaking all over.

8. The exit door bugs, trapping you in the spawn area, and you don't want to end up on Fleet due to Deserter debuff, so you leave and end up on your planet of origin.

Only reason why I left a warzone in sw:tor, but I waited until I got kicked out ... was hoping for the stupid door to let me out :(.

I'll give you 7 reasons.

They're all players on your team :p

Your sig makes me LOL for absurdity. How is being a BM not all about gear? You are literally over twice as powerful as a fresh 50, what "skill" does that involve? If you want to take pride in your skill you should be pushing for a much smaller gear gap between PvPers at 50.

I can't tell if OP is trolling, but insofar as there are good reasons to leave a WZ, those are all also good reasons why you getting a 10 min deserter debuff that prevents you requeuing shouldn't be a big deal.

False on all accounts, and how many MMOs have you played?

In RL, I get to pick my team and even my league. I don't play with scrubs, unless I really like their personality and so I am ok dealing with their badness. I don't join the Super competitive league if I am an average player, and I don't choose the beginner's league if I am a strong player. I have choice in my situation, so I don't need to quit. In SWTOR, I don't have this level of choice, so if I get in a WZ with a bunch of new 50s who don't even have the decency to get Artifact 50 mods from easymode daily missions, I'm not going to stick around when I see we're going against a premade Champion/Battlemaster geared group.

Also, in RL, when people cheat, they get penalized (fouls called as you may be more familiar). In SWTOR, not so much.

Tierce is Immortal!

Zaodon:"And again, if you missed it the first 3 times I said it, you CANNOT immediately re-queue, because you'll just end up in the WZ you just quit out of. You already have to wait before re-queuing."

Drizzt:"You can immediately requeue and join another warzone. Perhaps you're playing at off hours or you are on a severely low populated server. Or maybe you just make this up. Wouldn't be the first time."

This clearly is being misunderstood by you Zaodon so let me clarify what I meant.

No, sorry, you don't get to backpedal.

Your words clearly indicated that its RARE to get back into the warzone you just quit.

1. You say you're not a quitter. So, how do you KNOW how RARE it is? Answer: Either You Don't and you're talking out of your backside, or you're a liar and ARE, in fact, a quitter. Either way, I win the argument.

2. I will state, for a fact, that when I have purposefully quit a losing WZ (usually quite early on in the match), EVERY TIME I requeue I get back into the same one, for at least 5-10 minutes. You can claim its a low pop server (not off hours, cause I play EST during primetime), but the fact is matches last a while, and you get "sets" of matches all going on at once. If all are full, and I quit mine (and no one else quits any others), then the only spot is in the one I just quit.

After I wait 5-10 minutes, THEN I get a pop for a different one. Problem is, you don't know that until you accept! So rather than pop in and out of the same one I just quit, I now have a habit of quitting, and then going to do something else (re-queue my companions to craft, sell junk, browse auction house) for 5-10 minuts, then requeuing.

Next time trying thinking things though before you respond to threads you know nothing about.

I leave WZs all the time.

I get two hours to play a night because of work and family. If I enter a WZ that is doomed, I leave. I don't care about your opinion or that of the people I am leaving. All I care about is that I complete my dailies early enough to hopefully get laid. So, here is my list:

1. Because I only care about my own enjoyment of the game for those measly two hours I get to play. If you don't like it, cry somewhere else. I'll be busy getting laid by my hot wife.

1. You're trying to complete your dailies, and quickly assess that your team stinks.

2. You join a match in progress, and are a replacement on the team from #1.

3. You notice several AFKers in your match and do not want them to get credit.

4. Your guild is beginning a FP/Op you want to be in on.

5. You're a "young adult" (aka kid) and your parent(s) order you off the computer.

6. You're an "adult" and you get spouse agro.

7. Your client is bugged forcing a restart (gfx glitch, lost mouse pointer, auto-run is on and you can't turn it off, etc.)

9. The other team exploits in some way (actual hack, or just the >8 exploit, etc.)

10. Because you feel like it.

I know there are many more great reasons to leave a warzone, so feel free to post your own!

Reasons 1, 4, 9 and 10 are garbage. I'll give you the other 6.

Here are the only 10 reasons I accept:

1. Your computer blew up.
  2. You ISP blew up.
  3. Your parent/grandparent/significant other is in need of medical attention.
  4. You are in dire need of medical. If it's minor. SUCK IT UP!
  5. You are currently being robbed.
  6. Your house is on fire.
  7. You are on fire.
  8. Your parents/grandparents/spouse is on fire.
  9. An alien landed on your backyard and wishes to meet your leader.
  10. You died.

your animal is on fire ftw...number 11

The 15 minute penalty is perfect in my eyes because if you have a legitimate reason to leave (spouse aggro, phone call, something else) then a 15 minute break will be no big thing. After all you had something important to go and do and real life will always be more important.

See also: guild needs me for Op/HM/naked mailbox dance party/whatever.

If you left because you just really hate losing, then you'll probably rage about the 15 minute wait time. But it's kinda your fault for bailing on the team if you stay it takes the same amount of time (probably less even) and you'll get some reward for it.

What I don't understand about people who bail is why not just turn it into some personal Team Deathmatch thing and try to beat your previous damage record or medals record or whatever? I know people hate "medal farmers" or whatever on this forum sometimes but if a team is truly hopeless enough to be worth quitting on then you're still doing more to help them by seeking a 1v1 than by standing in fleet, right?

/shrug

When I feel like medal farming, I medal farm with the rest, but if I feel like winning and it happens my team feels like farming, I feel no obligation to help since I signed up to play a game that has objectives other than farming.

Mostly I don't leave or go inactive in warzones, but when I do, I have good reasons and it's much better than people who stay and start raving in chat about how everyone sucks. That's far ruder than leaving or alt-tabbing to check the forum.

Tierce is Immortal!

No, sorry, you don't get to backpedal.

Your words clearly indicated that its RARE to get back into the warzone you just quit.

1. You say you're not a quitter. So, how do you KNOW how RARE it is? Answer: Either You Don't and you're talking out of your backside, or you're a liar and ARE, in fact, a quitter. Either way, I win the argument.

2. I will state, for a fact, that when I have purposefully quit a losing WZ (usually quite early on in the match), EVERY TIME I requeue I get back into the same one, for at least 5-10 minutes. You can claim its a low pop server (not off hours, cause I play EST during primetime), but the fact is matches last a while, and you get "sets" of matches all going on at once. If all are full, and I quit mine (and no one else quits any others), then the only spot is in the one I just quit.

After I wait 5-10 minutes, THEN I get a pop for a different one. Problem is, you don't know that until you accept! So rather than pop in and out of the same one I just quit, I now have a habit of quitting, and then going to do something else (re-queue my companions to craft, sell junk, browse auction house) for 5-10 minuts, then requeuing.

Next time trying thinking things though before you respond to threads you know nothing about.

LMAO

So finally the fingerrage begins and the kid accepts the fact that he is wrong. I like that.

The cleansing has begun.

I'm pretty sure you're just an idiot if you cant figure out by now what I said even after you and I both have gone over it more than once. Just go to a more populated server dude.

If you are always put right back into the same game u just left then you should definitely consider rolling a toon on a PvP server. I've never heard of such a thing and I am beginning to wonder if I'm responding to a 12 year old. If so then you've got a lot to learn.

You probably followed your friends or guild to a server that has a low population or is a PvE server <-- meaning a lot of people on this server will most likely be doing PvE stuff and not PvP stuff (warzones)

And yeah btw for the record I've crashed a few times. I queue with a group all the time buddy so I know for a fact reloading the game after a crash and immediately queueing for a warzone will not ever for any reason put me back into the same warzone I was just kicked from when I crashed.

LOL

There is no reason to penalize someone for leaving a warzone.

Ever hear of a meaning called "Being Selfish?"

Let me enlighten you with 10 things that comes to mind when people leave games in SWTOR,

1. Games are lost.

2. People come into a match already in session due to people leaving, which is lame cause the game is already lossed 99% of the time.

3. 1 person leaving should not dictate a match, ever.

4. Allowing people to QQ and leave makes PvP stupid in SWTOR, is geting old.

5. Bioware allowing people to leave is making PvP in SWTOR who can leave the fastest.

6. Someone's standards in PvP is selfish, Warzones is about teamwork not about someone's opinion.

7. When a game starts at 8 vs 8, then drops in numbers because of leavers then this is a serious problem.

8. Rewarding quitters should never happen ever.

9. Are you seriously going to stand there and say its ok to quit a game?

10. Makes me sick how many excuses people make.

Edited by Caeliux

Let me enlighten you with 10 things that comes to mind when people leave games in SWTOR,

1. Games are lost.

2. People come into a match already in session due to people leaving, which is lame cause the game is already lossed 99% of the time.

5. Bioware allowing people to leave is making PvP in SWTOR who can leave the fastest.

6. Someone's standards in PvP is selfish, Warzones is about teamwork not about someone's opinion.

7. When a game starts at 8 vs 8, then drops in numbers because of leavers then this is a serious problem.

^^yepthis<3

1. You're trying to complete your dailies, and quickly assess that your team stinks. - play in a premade

2. You join a match in progress, and are a replacement on the team from #1. - see answer 1

3. You notice several AFKers in your match and do not want them to get credit. - again, refer to answer 1

4. Your guild is beginning a FP/Op you want to be in on. - fair enough, then again , a debuff wont probably hurt you since fp/op takes more than 15 minutes doesnt it?

5. You're a "young adult" (aka kid) and your parent(s) order you off the computer. - again, a debuff wont hurt you then since i doubt they "let you" back onto the pc in the next ten mins

6. You're an "adult" and you get spouse agro. - see answer 5 , replace them with her /him

7. Your client is bugged forcing a restart (gfx glitch, lost mouse pointer, auto-run is on and you can't turn it off, etc.) - take the debuff and re-Q , get a better pc

8. The exit door bugs, trapping you in the spawn area, and you don't want to end up on Fleet due to Deserter debuff, so you leave and end up on your planet of origin. - you dont end up in planet of origin , just on shuttle hangar in fleet where you first arrived, again its an elevator away , not really gamebreaking

9. The other team exploits in some way (actual hack, or just the >8 exploit, etc.) - report and you wont see them again / or exploit right back at them

10. Because you feel like it. - my team is one guy short because you feel like it, then i want to not care about your reasons to leave and ask for a deserter debuff because i feel like it too

i know there are many more great reasons to leave a warzone, so feel free to post your own!

fixed it for ya......:mad:

1. Games are lost.

I couldn't agree more with this.

Every time I've ever joined a session in progress, my team is far behind. Examples:

• Huttball: Score 0-5 and being farmed
  • Voidstar: Starting as attacker and haven't breached first door with 1m on clock
  • Alderaan: Enemy has all 3 objectives and we're being farmed

Also, the afker's are just as bad. I always see someone sitting in the mountains in Alderaan. These people waste space on my team and cause losses for players that actually are TRYING to play. It results in everyone being forced to play an extra 5+ WZ to complete your dailies.

I think we should see a 5-10 minute deserter debuff for players who quit. As well as an afk report option.

There is no reason to penalize someone for leaving a warzone.

There are seven reasons why there should be a deserter debuff for leaving a game- the team mates you deserted.

Make the debuff subtract valor from the deserter- that works for me.